Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

I hope I can play with asperger man

Please don't do this, that was a cool post about the background behind a class. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
FYI the steam reviews are a wonderful source of chuckles for this game right now.

quote:

Not Recommended
568.0 hrs on record
I played it a lot during the closed betas. The game itself is great,

quote:

Not Recommended
0.3 hrs on record
Is this some kind of a joke? Why don’t you remove the install button on FREE product people can’t play? Don’t waste our time. I literally feel like someone came to me and spited to my face and told me "Pay 9.99 to play a “Free-to-play” game...and don’t forget to wash your dirty face you greedy ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥!"

quote:

Not Recommended
192.8 hrs on record
Nothing special to see here.

quote:

Not Recommended
1.2 hrs on record
why i cant start the game ?

quote:

I'm going to be clear on this, I shouldn't be allowed to reveiw this game. This game is unplayable in it's current state.

The reason is that the Devs decided to allow the game to be downloaded, bought, and played before it can even be played for the public. This is a horrible move for a few reasons.

Sacro fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 20, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

I hope I can play with asperger man

The first twenty pages of your post history are loving black desert.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Gibbo posted:

Also please don't do this, we don't need slap fights in our Glorious kMMO Commune. tia.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gibbo posted:

haha post history shaming

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
It's not shaming if you fully embrace it, but maybe you should reconsider calling other people spergs as your first choice.

Eonwe posted:

everyone, we are posting in a kmmo thread, we are all absolutely terrible

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Gibbo posted:

It's not shaming if you fully embrace it, but maybe you should reconsider calling other people spergs as your first choice.

he went off and did a history lesson when a joke was made

nah i think it is appropriate guy defending aspergers for no reason

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Does Dragoon serious not have a jump skill?

Trying to figure out what Swordsman class has the coolest attacks so I can build towards that, but I haven't found a clean video with all the higher rank classes yet.

Dragoon will eventually get 2 more circles and I have complete faith they will get a jump.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

he went off and did a history lesson when a joke was made

nah i think it is appropriate guy defending aspergers for no reason

Not defending puffy sleeves guy, just pointing out that you, third world reggin, are the demons

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Sacro posted:

Dragoon will eventually get 2 more circles and I have complete faith they will get a jump.

Hoplite already has a jump! At c2.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

Silento posted:

Hoplite already has a jump! At c2.

IMC will build a glorious, yooge wall and the dragoon will jump over it. Hoplite's a great guy, but he's a disaster for jumps.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
The discord is active as hell and if you want to lurk and listen to people with encyclopedic knowledge of unreleased games say things you barely understand you should join it too!

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

orphean posted:

The discord is active as hell and if you want to lurk and listen to people with encyclopedic knowledge of unreleased games say things you barely understand you should join it too!

But someone might call me a sperg~

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
fwiw I thought the mercenary history lesson thing was kinda interesting

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

orphean posted:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Gibbo posted:

But someone might call me a sperg~

:jerkbag:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Eonwe posted:

fwiw I thought the mercenary history lesson thing was kinda interesting

:agreed:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if you join the discord (you should!) dont pay attention to anything i say because i take bad advice from reddit and youtube

sacro, silento and auzuguwu know what it is tho

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

To play a tos class you are required to research its historical origins, except for the hakkapeliitta, because no one is sure if Finland actually existed.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

i think historical nods in video games are cool and good

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Blazing Zero posted:

i think historical nods in video games are cool and good

yah like dragoon

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
Hmm. I'm torn between going with a Paladin, Monk, Linker, or Cryomancer into Rune Caster...

My concern is that Paladin won't be very good...

(Also the history lesson was pretty neat.)

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 20, 2016

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

auzuguwu posted:

in the korean version you get a 600% exp boost for dungeons if you use the party finder so thats the major place to level, not sure if that will be the same for international
there is some datamining that says only 1 dungeon run per day and no exp boost for us so yea

so it's worse than the na cbt or did they increase the exp rates from what we were getting?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Hy_C posted:

so it's worse than the na cbt or did they increase the exp rates from what we were getting?

It's way better. Also, you get 3 exp cards for 100%ing a map and a also a few for killing a certain amount of one kind of mobs. The amount varies per mob, I think.

Oh, didn't see the bottom part of the quote. IDK, they said exp rates would be the same as KR.

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Game looks cool and good, what are the classes that are most sought after for partying?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm looking forward to all the ironic and unironic expressions of racism from goons and nongoons alike about BRs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I remember in beta I saw far more bitching about greedy BRs than I ever even saw BRs

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Nothing like casual racism.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I can't decide between playing Musketeer, Dragoon or Doppel. I played hoplite in the beta and that was cool but I wanna be a cool dude with a giant 2h weapon or gun this time

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The only people im racist towards are people who use the term racist to describe bigotry towards a nationality

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

Eonwe posted:

I'm looking forward to all the ironic and unironic expressions of racism from goons and nongoons alike about BRs

i cant wait for this, myself. infact its already in the discord :D

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

strong bird posted:

The only people im racist towards are people who use the term racist to describe bigotry towards a nationality

its racist to hate elephants imo

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
Guys i am so excited I seriously might throw up a little.

Everyone has that 'lost love' MMO and Ragnarok was that for me! loving HYPE

Trying to figure out how I am going to plan my build without any prior knowledge of the game and what is strong/viable. In Ragnarok pre-planning would make or break your character at higher levels.

teknologik fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 21, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

teknologik posted:

Guys i am so excited I seriously might throw up a little.

Everyone has that 'lost love' MMO and Ragnarok was that for me! loving HYPE

Trying to figure out how I am going to plan my build without any prior knowledge of the game and what is strong/viable. In Ragnarok pre-planning would make or break your character at higher levels.

Hey Third World Reggin' , here's a target.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think it's good for someone to be excited about a game

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it

Gibbo posted:

Hey Third World Reggin' , here's a target.

:rolleyes:

I checked the TOSBase forum for builds hoping someone had posted some good info but it's still pretty sparse. Will we pretty much have to build one out as good as we can and just hope for the best? I do see people posting public builds here: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/ . I guess if you mess too badly as long as you pick an optimal combination of classes and dish out 50bux you could do a stat/skill reset.

Eonwe posted:

I think it's good for someone to be excited about a game

Yeah it's hard when you are a jaded older gaming goon. MMO's especially wear on you. I just like Ragnarok quite a lot.

teknologik fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 21, 2016

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

I know it's already been mentioned, but this game looks like it's a lot closer to RO than it really is.

ToS is very much a themepark MMO. Its probably more similiar to WoW than RO. The aesthetic and combat are good enough to make the game fun, but don't expect a modern RO.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

LegalPad posted:

I know it's already been mentioned, but this game looks like it's a lot closer to RO than it really is.

ToS is very much a themepark MMO. Its probably more similiar to WoW than RO. The aesthetic and combat are good enough to make the game fun, but don't expect a modern RO.

But it very much IS what RO would be if it was made today?

RO was only RO because all those other things hadn't been established yet, and like an f2p is going to gamble with anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Eonwe posted:

I'm badass

• Locked thread