Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Eagerly awaiting the rise of Big Butt Blue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Shadow225 posted:

Lorthos making his way into the Lore...though.

Lorethos :v:

also why are things ignoring the moon now I thought the moon was behind everything

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
We missed our chance for a set trailer using a song by echo and the bunny men

Under blue moon I saw you
So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms
Too late to beg you or cancel it
Though I know it must be the killing time
Unwillingly mine

Fate
Up against your will
Through the thick and thin
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

In starlit nights I saw you
So cruelly you kissed me
Your lips a magic world
Your sky all hung with jewels
The killing moon
Will come too soon

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him
You give yourself to him

La la la la la

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

La la la la la

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

La la la la la

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Whelming Wave didn't exactly make waves, do we expect this thing to?

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Balon posted:

Whelming Wave was a sorcery, this new card is instant. Huge difference.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Yeah at instant with Prairie Stream/Sunken Hollow, that card is gonna be pretty good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Balon posted:

Seems like SB tech against token decks at worst.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Balon posted:

Yeah, but Master of Waves did. :rimshot:

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON

A big flaming stink posted:

That's a......very interesting silhouette in the wave.

I saw the illustration and read the text and assumed this was a sorcery with an EDH mana cost until I went back and looked at the card for a third time.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Pretty nice we have islands that make white and black mana right now too.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

It's about as good as a 4 mana "board wipe" can be nowadays I guess.

That art is horrifying.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
I forget who said it itt, but with Innistrad, they really seem to know what they're doing, creatively speaking. They've got their legs under them in a way they haven't seemed to in a while.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
Definitely agreed. It helps that they're working top-down with an established, resonant theme, so as long as the cards they design convey the idea of a werewolf or a kindly pastor who turns to human sacrifice to appease his new god or whatever, it's hard to go wrong. Which is not to say going top-down like this is easy mode (if anything I'd think it'd be a harder challenge mechanically; how mythological does Theros block really feel?) but it makes the successes look even bigger.

Almost every card they've spoiled is a flavor slam dunk. I really hope the full set will make me want to build a SOI cube to sit on my shelf next to the ISD cube.

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 21, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

kizudarake posted:

We missed our chance for a set trailer using a song by echo and the bunny men

So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

In starlit nights I saw you
So cruelly you kissed me
Your lips a magic world
Your sky all hung with jewels
The killing moon
Will come too soon

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms
Unwillingly mine

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him
You give yourself to him

La la la la la

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

La la la la la

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

Fate
Up against your will
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

La la la la la

Everything is grey
His hair, his smoke, his dreams
And now he's so devoid of color
He don't know what it means
And he's blue
And he's blue

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Hopping Ghost posted:

I saw the illustration and read the text and assumed this was a sorcery with an EDH mana cost until I went back and looked at the card for a third time.

Other fun things it does: curves into picking up your own Reflector Mage, nukes tokens in a set with a token subtheme, is coming out after Siege Rhino rotates so it wont' be constantly facing 4 mana 4/5s with obnoxious ETBs.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!

Thanks to Europe's Wizard twitter

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Frozen_flame posted:

Thanks to Europe's Wizard twitter

I don't get why it's yet another allied-color cycle.

Edit: I understand WHY (when you look at Standard land bases it makes sense), I'm just annoyed we have so many allied-unfinished cycles. This is the third one! Just gimme those enemy Scarslands.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Mar 21, 2016

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
In terms of modern viability, the worst ones in a while?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The rest

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

"Handlands." (lol)

For what it's worth, that was the first thing I came up with and I'm already willing to bet that's exactly what they will be called because its easy and rhymes and I went to check reddit and like 5 dudes already had the same idea.

Rinkles posted:

Useless in Modern and great for Standard: a win for everyone.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 21, 2016

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rinkles posted:

The rest

Bugs me to no end that only a few have flavor text

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Uninvited Geist hasn't been spoiled yet right?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

lazerwolf posted:

Uninvited Geist hasn't been spoiled yet right?

It's probably just a random common that we don't see until late in the week.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Weird that only two get flavor text.

Those are kinda neat though, decent for aggressive decks unless your opener is multiples of them.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I can't imagine these lands will be conducive to playing three colors in Standard.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Rinkles posted:

They only seem useful in 2-color decks, but most two color decks don't run many basics, instead they run a bunch of utility lands and then lots of duals to stay consistent. The only deck I can think that is two colors and runs tons of basics is blue moon. Even then that doesn't mean a handland is good in that deck, just viable.

Edit: U/R delver/prowess runs a lot of basics and four shocks, but that's a deck that can keep 1/2 land hands and these duals seem really bad in that sort of situation.

Wurzag
Jun 3, 2007

Bad Moons, Bad Moons, wot ya gonna do?

Angry Grimace posted:

I can't imagine these lands will be conducive to playing three colors in Standard.

I for one say 'good'

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Angry Grimace posted:

"Handlands."

Yesssssssssssss

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Angry Grimace posted:

yeah you need shards for that (quick idea for green splashing naya: 12 forests 1 Mountain + 1 Plain + 8 Handlands + that new delirium tutor?)

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

little munchkin posted:

They only seem useful in 2-color decks, but most two color decks don't run many basics, instead they run a bunch of utility lands and then lots of duals to stay consistent. The only deck I can think that is two colors and runs tons of basics is blue moon. Even then that doesn't mean a handland is good in that deck, just viable.

Edit: U/R delver/prowess runs a lot of basics and four shocks, but that's a deck that can keep 1/2 land hands and these duals seem really bad in that sort of situation.

You don't specifically need basics though. Typed duels should satisfy the ETBT condition right?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
They're like backwards checklands, you play this and then the buddy. So they're sort of comparable to the fastlands from Scars of Mirrodin, in that the odds they come into play untapped goes down as the game goes on, meaning they're better in your opener and worse off the top.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

lazerwolf posted:

You don't specifically need basics though. Typed duels should satisfy the ETBT condition right?

Yea but most decks don't play many shocklands, just a couple to fetch for, and fetchlands don't play well with these new duals.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Shards seem to be well supported by the new duals, since you can use either of the supported battlelands to play them untapped.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
If battle lands meet the reveal requirement , you better buy the battle lands you want to play with today. This was basically the only thing mtgfinance folks were waiting for to try and make battle lands 10 bucks again.

n1tro
Dec 12, 2005

Sickening posted:

If battle lands meet the reveal requirement , you better buy the battle lands you want to play with today. This was basically the only thing mtgfinance folks were waiting for to try and make battle lands 10 bucks again.

Battle Lands do in fact meet the reveal requirement, the text for Port Town for example says Plains or Island card and not basic Island or basic Plains.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

quote:

Call the Bloodline
1B
Enchantment
1, Discard a card: Put a 1/1 black Vampire knight token with lifelink onto the battlefield. Activate this ability only once per turn.
In response to Sorin's appeal, Olivia Voldaren resorted to the full power of her lineage, summoning all members to Fortress Lurenbraum.

card seems awful

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Elyv posted:

card seems awful

In a madness limited deck a 1 cost discard enabler that makes you a dude with lifelink seems awful? I mean the format might be so aggressive that playing this enchanment on 2 wrecks your tempo, but in general that is not true. If you can firey temper t3 and make a dude you're probably doing ok.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.
If there are enough good madness cards, it could be reasonable, but if there aren't enough than ehhhhh...

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

jassi007 posted:

In a madness limited deck a 1 cost discard enabler that makes you a dude with lifelink seems awful? I mean the format might be so aggressive that playing this enchanment on 2 wrecks your tempo, but in general that is not true. If you can firey temper t3 and make a dude you're probably doing ok.

How many madness cards do you think you'll have in your deck? You'll get a discount instead of having to discard something like twice max, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netcat
Apr 29, 2008
That card seems good actually

• Locked thread