Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Visidan posted:

More anet gossip from a secret sauce (not guardian warhorn xushin).

spvp seasons are doing good stuff for the spvp population, they're incredibly happy with it

WvW is in dire straights they're trying as fast as they can to fix it, but for reals. They scrapped a significant change to how matchups worked a few months back.

Salvation Pass is extremely disappointing numbers wise, they're reevaluating a difficulty option to try and salvage it. (Probably not a surprise since the teeny population who still plays GW2 AND does raids would have beaten it in the first week and people that cant beat Spirit Vale wouldn't even bother with it) They're happy with the social media buzz (reddit) that a release brings however, they are of the opinion it doesn't bring inactive players back like other stuff, ie LS

living story 3 is ages away and they're retuning the HoT maps to be less of a hellish grindscape

I asked her about legendaries, stronghold, dungeons, fractals and sab but she didn't know anything.

I also asked about April 1st but got nuttin.

I don't know why they didn't have a diff option from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Extra dev time. They didn't think they'd need difficulty options cause they had hoped to attract the raid audience from other mmos which didn't end up happening. ANET letting dnt test the raids only to have them brag abut beating it 30 minutes after release didn't help that either.

Even worse some players that enjoyed raiding and can't stand the glacial releases left for games like wow and super sperg ff14 that have more of them and better features (raid finder, difficulties, mod support etc)

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Visidan posted:

More anet gossip from a secret sauce (not guardian warhorn xushin).

spvp seasons are doing good stuff for the spvp population, they're incredibly happy with it

WvW is in dire straights they're trying as fast as they can to fix it, but for reals. They scrapped a significant change to how matchups worked a few months back.

Salvation Pass is extremely disappointing numbers wise, they're reevaluating a difficulty option to try and salvage it. (Probably not a surprise since the teeny population who still plays GW2 AND does raids would have beaten it in the first week and people that cant beat Spirit Vale wouldn't even bother with it) They're happy with the social media buzz (reddit) that a release brings however, they are of the opinion it doesn't bring inactive players back like other stuff, ie LS

living story 3 is ages away and they're retuning the HoT maps to be less of a hellish grindscape

I asked her about legendaries, stronghold, dungeons, fractals and sab but she didn't know anything.

I also asked about April 1st but got nuttin.

spvp seasons were a great idea and are legitimately a good portion of the reason I started playing spvp, and they help bring a good structure to my general spvp time. It's also extremely satisfying that last season I struggled, with blood, sweat, and tears, to get to the bottom of Sapphire and this season I blew through amber and emerald in two giant win streaks and felt like a god crushing everyone I played against with Rev and Ele. I'm hoping to struggle my way to Ruby this season, and maybe next season I'll blow my way through Sapphire and set my sights on Diamond!

Raids are great content (no seriously the fights are really well designed and fun if you like a challenge) but desperately need a difficulty setting, both Easy and Hard - Easy should be the "readily puggable" setting and would do stuff like extend all of the enrage timers and reduce the amount of damage you take, Hard would make it all stricter and up the damage you take. Bosses are intricate enough (and have enough room for error) that upping damage and health of the bosses would actually change the fights a fair amount, unlike fractals where it just makes the bosses take infinite billion years to get through.

Magres fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Mar 19, 2016

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

If my activity level in the game is basically "tool around doing map completion for an hour or two", my skill level is "equip flamethrower kit, press 2 when it's off cooldown", and I'm a filthy poor, are there any viable options for getting my hands on ascended gear? I need it to compensate for my terribleness.

e: Also, is there anything to do with all this butter besides mail it to Arus?

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Mar 19, 2016

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

Alteisen posted:

Are you guys saying burnzerker was only useful in raids cause of a design oversight with their fire fields?

Yes and no, I guess. You had to actually work decently hard to constantly position yourself in the right place to overlap firefields, but they took that away so people can just press buttons now and all do the same damage. If you were good at it, you could tick 30k burns opposed to something like 10-15k. I haven't seen more than around 15k since the nerf, so I quit playing it

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Hello Sailor posted:

If my activity level in the game is basically "tool around doing map completion for an hour or two", my skill level is "equip flamethrower kit, press 2 when it's off cooldown", and I'm a filthy poor, are there any viable options for getting my hands on ascended gear? I need it to compensate for my terribleness.

e: Also, is there anything to do with all this butter besides mail it to Arus?

Do guild missions and do lower level fractals (1-20) for ascended rings/trinkets/etc. Once you have those attune your rings and try for medium fractals (21-50) and try to get weapon crafting to 500. Craft a ascended weapon and keep doing medium fractals until you can buy/craft the ascended back. Hope for RNG to give you infused ascended rings that you can attune. Buy the potions if you need them to do champion fractals. Keep doing 3 daily champion fractals and you should get a ascended armor/weapon box drops every other week. Basically fractals (lvl 51+) are your best bet if you are casual and poor.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For ring infusing, you can also ask goons to farm Fractal 72 with you, it's an easy way to bang out some shards.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
How much ascended gear do I need to stop having to use weapon skills 3 through 5?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

How much ascended gear do I need to stop having to use weapon skills 3 through 5?

You can play this way from level 1. Honestly, I think you're being kind of an overachieving tryhard by using skill #2 and should dial it back a bit.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

5 signet warrior is the 'true' way to play, obviously

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I really wouldn't be opposed to WoW's LFR difficulty as a beginner raider. I ended up liking LFR since It allowed me to decently gear up my alts to raiding level, so that they could do actual real raiding. Plus a bigger raiding population is good for everyone that wants to end up doing it, since more attention would be put into it

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Visidan posted:

Even worse some players that enjoyed raiding and can't stand the glacial releases left for games like wow
I'm not sure WoW is your game if you hate slow content releases

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

well, world of warcraft already has a large amount of raid-style content available compared to gw2

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Raids are terrible and have poo poo rewards. Get out. Go play WoW if you want that horrid poo poo.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I spent the last couple evenings trying the FFXIV trial and the combat felt really unsatisfying, and why are there no animations for moving + attacking at the same time, and why don't i have a dodge button, and why is there so much UI, and why are all of these character race options so bad??? also the way the map is laid out seems like trash garbage? I do not want to do more of these delivery quests and I do not want to pay a subscription fee for this. you can't make me do it japan, you aren't even my real dad

what it does make me want to do is play Guild Wars 2, except a good and content-rich version of Guild Wars 2 that has nice medium armor skins. someone please PM me when that ends up happening or when the game is converted into a SAB MMO

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only good thing about ff14 is that the aesthetics are actually consistent and pretty alright in general. everything else is straight-up generic hardcore mmo, including but not limited to stereotypical 'kill x of thing' quests, fetch quests, and an endgame that consists solely of doing raids to get random drops of gear that let you do the next raids which get you random drops of gear which let you do the next raids and so on and so forth

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Vargs posted:

I spent the last couple evenings trying the FFXIV trial and the combat felt really unsatisfying, and why are there no animations for moving + attacking at the same time, and why don't i have a dodge button, and why is there so much UI, and why are all of these character race options so bad??? also the way the map is laid out seems like trash garbage? I do not want to do more of these delivery quests and I do not want to pay a subscription fee for this. you can't make me do it japan, you aren't even my real dad

what it does make me want to do is play Guild Wars 2, except a good and content-rich version of Guild Wars 2 that has nice medium armor skins. someone please PM me when that ends up happening or when the game is converted into a SAB MMO

Did you Know? World of WArcraft is one of the tightest controlling MMOs around, with rewarding dungeons and raids that are actually worth playing, arena combat and battle ground esports, the exciting mass zerg pvp zone Assram, and you can't even put a dumb trenchcoat on your rouge at all. Buy tickets to the "Warcraft" movie coming to theaters this summer and get a free copy of the game!

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Adhesive Gamin posted:

Did you Know? World of WArcraft is one of the tightest controlling MMOs around, with rewarding dungeons and raids that are actually worth playing, arena combat and battle ground esports, the exciting mass zerg pvp zone Assram, and you can't even put a dumb trenchcoat on your rouge at all. Buy tickets to the "Warcraft" movie coming to theaters this summer and get a free copy of the game!

i tried that once but i dunno, it was sorta weird. i think it was one of those sex pervert games that fox news warned me about, like mass effect? what if my church knew that I play worlds of warcraft

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

breaking free of this game was the best thing i ever did since anime came into my life

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Dukka one day we will save you from 24/7 anime raiding, maybe dark souls 3 will be enough to wake you from your never ending pve nightmare, your final fantasy if you will.

Vargs posted:

ff14 is pure dog poo poo but it has chocobos,

will pm you on the 1st when sab comes out

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Mar 20, 2016

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Visidan posted:

will pm you on the 1st when sab comes out

wow, wait sab is out on the 1st? holy sh%t

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Visidan posted:

Dukka one day we will save you from 24/7 anime raiding, maybe dark souls 3 will be enough to wake you from your never ending pve nightmare, your final fantasy if you will.
i meant actual anime but i guess your take on it also works since you are basically my spiritual guru

Evil Kaneval
Sep 28, 2001

Jumping books since 1938
Hey all -- how active is the Goon Squad guild right now? I've been playing since launch, basically in one guild but the skill level for raiding is a bit low. I've been leading some VG and Gorseval (I personally have killed VG many times but Gors only once with this guild) runs but I haven't had much to work with and it's difficult to make progress when most people's schedule limit them to one night of raiding a week. If Goon Squad is active are you all looking for people to raid right now? I'd imagine you've got a pretty full/cohesive 'A' team right now doing the Salvation wing right now.

Is there someone to chat with in game if you all are looking to get new members?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Evil Kaneval posted:

Hey all -- how active is the Goon Squad guild right now? I've been playing since launch, basically in one guild but the skill level for raiding is a bit low. I've been leading some VG and Gorseval (I personally have killed VG many times but Gors only once with this guild) runs but I haven't had much to work with and it's difficult to make progress when most people's schedule limit them to one night of raiding a week. If Goon Squad is active are you all looking for people to raid right now? I'd imagine you've got a pretty full/cohesive 'A' team right now doing the Salvation wing right now.

Is there someone to chat with in game if you all are looking to get new members?

Please read the OP. There are two active guilds and joint raiding is happening between the two.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

CLAM DOWN posted:

Please read the OP. There are two active guilds and joint raiding is happening between the two.

Please read his post. It's not as if the OP has much information to offer on the current state of goon raids, or about Goon Squad itself.

Evil, I assure you that Goon Squad is chatty as all hell.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Mar 20, 2016

Evil Kaneval
Sep 28, 2001

Jumping books since 1938
Thanks for the guidance -- I'm excited to hear the Goon Squad is really active on the raiding and chatting fronts. I've checked the OP as directed and went ahead with the steps required for registration. Looking forward to meeting you in game.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

Legend tells that the OP shall return and finally update.
Until then, we must suffer with words writ from beta and nothing more.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Lizard Wizard posted:

Please read his post. It's not as if the OP has much information to offer on the current state of goon raids, or about Goon Squad itself.

Evil, I assure you that Goon Squad is chatty as all hell.

WTH, it's right under the guild list in bold.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Everyone please read. Just more. In general. Thanks.

savagehenry
Jul 20, 2006

unvoiced linguolabial trill
SFD DOES IT AGAIN

https://gfycat.com/SmallBrightJackrabbit

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cletus lied, Waci died.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Grats sfd euro weekend raid. Told ya gorseval is way more fun than VG

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Congrats girls and guys!!!!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That kill was so exciting. I was pretty much screaming BURN BURN BURN WE GOT THIS GO GO GO

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
I think I am ready to come back to this game, I am going to start fresh by rolling a new ranger or ele

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

How dare you beat the raid boss after I DCed.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Is the best way to grind maguuma masteries still to hang around slapping monsters with boosters out the wazoo? Anyone got any hot tips for good places to grind experience?

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
I keep hearing that the next quarterly patch might address how stupidly grindy the Maguuma masteries are. I desperately hope this is true, even if it means waiting another month before it happens.

I've just been dicking around Silverwastes for the legendary mastery and luminescent collections, and drat if I'm not already over halfway to 5 million exp for the top Legendary mastery. As opposed to the slow crawl of my Maguuma experience, almost regardless of where I go. :sigh:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

MooCowlian posted:

Is the best way to grind maguuma masteries still to hang around slapping monsters with boosters out the wazoo? Anyone got any hot tips for good places to grind experience?

Figure out which of the Adventures you are good at, then do those daily.
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/players/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond

If you want to do the booster thing, just find an empty map of Auric Basin (e.g. stay after a successful octovine) and starting from the top go clockwise on the Jungle Floor level killing mobs. The bonus XP from all the untouched mobs down there should get your mastery levels filled up quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Yeah, I'm not really into waiting for daily things. I'm just looking for the next level of nuhoch mastery so I can use their traders to get the last piece of my mistward armour.

• Locked thread