Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/19/trump-to-huddle-with-top-republicans-ahead-of-aipac-speech/

quote:

Donald Trump will host a group of nearly two dozen influential Republicans on Monday afternoon for an off-the-record gathering that his allies hope will improve his relationship with the congressional GOP and the party's Washington establishment, according to two people who were invited.

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/711701204602990592

Mitt Romney fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Negotiations have begun. Christ he's loving good at this.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

quote:

The people invited to attend both said they were told that the meeting would be focused on "party unity" and intended to help Trump get to know more elected leaders and other players, including some Republicans who have not endorsed the billionaire mogul.

"#NeverTrump!"

*psst. can i have a job in your administration?*

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Ego-bot posted:

If Trump does get the nomination I wonder how much of a lost cause or stabbed in the back myth is going to develop around his inevitable defeat, especially if the GOPe run their own candidate. I could picture Trump and most of his supporters believing they would have beat Clinton if only the Republican Party supported his campaign.

The only two options for the GOPe are to support Trump which likely causes some serious downticket issues for them and permanently alienates an entire generation of hispanics. Or run third party and permanently lose the support of Trump voters. It's great how there is no good option for the Republicans in this.

BTW very clever way to work a nice WW1 phrase in here for the subtle Trump as Hitler comparison. God bless.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Full Battle Rattle posted:

That's the Art of the Deal baby.

TRUMP!!!

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Deal from strength or get crushed every time.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-t8w08QNJM

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Like idiot liberal protesters, the Mexicans seem hell bent on helping Trump win:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-20/stop-trump-movement-gets-boost-from-mexico-s-efforts-in-u-s

"" posted:

Mexico is mounting an unprecedented effort to turn its permanent residents in the U.S. into citizens, a status that would enable them to vote -- presumably against Donald Trump.

Officially, Mexico says it respects U.S. sovereignty and has no strategy to influence the result of the presidential race. Yet Mexican diplomats are mobilizing for the first time to assist immigrants in gaining U.S. citizenship, hosting free workshops on naturalization.

"This is a historic moment where the Mexican consulate will open its doors to carry out these types of events in favor of the Mexican community," Adrian Sosa, a spokesman for the consulate in Chicago, said before an event on March 19. In Dallas, about 250 permanent residents attended the consulate’s first "citizenship clinic" in February and another 150 in its second in March. In Las Vegas, the turnout topped 500 . . . .

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
casus belli

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
Nazi-Hunters, Rabbis Going After Donald Trump

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/20/trump-s-new-foes-rabbis-nazi-hunters.html

Hundreds of attendees to the Donald Trump speech at AIPAC could walk out or turn their backs.

quote:

Protesters will then meet elsewhere so that rabbis can speak about two Jewish concepts: derech eretz—common decency—and sinat chinam—senseless hatred.

Sounds like some people are ungrateful for all the jobs Trump has created counting his money! :mad:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

"President Trump President Trump they're holding workshops"

"Get the football"

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

I wouldn't go that far. 90% of Republicans were going to rally around him eventually. He already fills in the blanks in his political thought with bog standard Paul Ryan speak. The only defections will be from the foreign policy hawks, the business wing, and strategists looking at the big picture of 2018 and beyond.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

William Bear posted:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/20/trump-s-new-foes-rabbis-nazi-hunters.html

Hundreds of attendees to the Donald Trump speech at AIPAC could walk out or turn their backs.

Sounds like some people are ungrateful for all the jobs Trump has created counting his money! :mad:

Finally, the trigger that will turn /pol/ away from Trump!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Good Citizen posted:

Finally, the trigger that will turn /pol/ away from Trump!

They only hate feminazis

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

The geniuses at FiveThirtyEight posted:

All of the respondents agree that Trump is not likely to get close to 1,237 delegates before June 7, when California and four other states vote. The closest Trump came was 1,088 delegates. And even the most optimistic Trump projection has him hitting 1,244 after all the states have voted. That leaves Trump with very little room for error to reach a majority of delegates without at least some of the currently unpledged or uncommitted delegates coming to his aid.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

William Bear posted:

Any zionist who talks about common decency and senseless hatred should have their teeth kicked in.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.
Right, I'm about 1,500 posts behind in the thread, so I'm like talking to you from the past. Anyway, I made this which was probably relevant at some point but I already can't remember why and...you know, Mitt Romney's probably dead by now or something. Or Ben Carson's been arrested for a neurosurgery-related ponzi scheme. Chris Christie's exploded. Could be anything. I don't know. Nothing makes sense.

Anyway, I'll see you later, future people!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the trump tutelage posted:

Any zionist who talks about common decency and senseless hatred should have their teeth kicked in.

a race-based theocracy is exactly what Trump voters are looking to impose, you'd think they would be natural allies

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 minutes!
*faint sound of tires squealing, louder sound of glass shattering*

*screams of agony, things smashing*

*feet speeding, slops of blood spilling on the pavement*

*door breaks inward, wood splintering*

*wipes sweat and gore off brow*

Jeb's a mess!

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Slate Action posted:

The geniuses at 538

I read this and thought it would be an article they wrote months ago that you were now reposting to laugh at. It was published today.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
If anyone needs a good nap, Hillary is speaking at AIPAC right now.

On a positive note for her, she's not yelling!!! The shrillness factor goes away when she DOESN'T YELL. Why haven't her idiot advisers fixed this issue? They had a segment on MTP yesterday crying about SEXISM over the criticisms. Not smart, making excuses and blaming others means you won't fix the problem.

Anyone know what time Trump speaks to AIPAC today? This poo poo is a snooze-fest, needs to be Trumpened up a bit.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Jeb won 2% in Florida. :unsmith:

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Narciss posted:

I read this and thought it would be an article they wrote months ago that you were now reposting to laugh at. It was published today.

Basically they and some other nerds unskewed updated their projections to be more pessimistic for Trump, for reasons they don't really explain.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Peachstapler posted:

Jeb won 2% in Florida. :unsmith:
And he also won 2% of my heart. :unsmith:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Not smart, making excuses and blaming others means you won't fix the problem.

I agree, Trump won't fix poo poo.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I've been enjoying life these last few days. Has Trump been stumped yet?

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.

Perfectly Safe posted:

Right, I'm about 1,500 posts behind in the thread, so I'm like talking to you from the past. Anyway, I made this which was probably relevant at some point but I already can't remember why and...you know, Mitt Romney's probably dead by now or something. Or Ben Carson's been arrested for a neurosurgery-related ponzi scheme. Chris Christie's exploded. Could be anything. I don't know. Nothing makes sense.

Why's Ted Cruz on the set of Star Wars?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I've been enjoying life these last few days. Has Trump been stumped yet?

Negative.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

TheTatteredKing posted:

I agree, Trump won't fix poo poo.
The allure, for me at least, is that he'll destroy everything.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Perfectly Safe posted:

If Trump is C3PO, who is Jabba?

Thunder God Biden
Sep 8, 2004

Israel is not a legitimate entity, and no amount of pressure can force us to recognize its right to exist.

Peachstapler posted:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Josh Lyman posted:

If Trump is C3PO, who is Jabba?

Chris Christie

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

My Imaginary GF posted:

Chris Christie

How can you mistake that oozing face, horizontal smile and stupid lovely beady eyes for Christie? MIGF is a MESS.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Anyone remember back in 2008 when the RNC's best line of attack on Obama was that he was a celebrity?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

deathbysnusnu posted:

Anyone remember back in 2008 when the RNC's best line of attack on Obama was that he was a celebrity?

And after that it was MUSTARDGATE

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

deathbysnusnu posted:

IIRC that ad campaign was actually mildly successful for McCain for a small time period.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Unlike Mexico, China, Iran, Japan, and numerous other countries, the GOPe has no killers on their negotiating team, looks like an easy win for Trump.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Maximum irony... Obama spends his days as the new host of celebrity apprentice from DC under a Clinton presidency, and ratings are through the roof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Peachstapler posted:

The devastation, is very important to me.

• Locked thread