Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

are they trying to offer something in every screen size possible now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

and yet you managed to be racist while doing so, good job

so why does china want small phones now like u claim? explain to me

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i dunno, that's what apple said and why the se exists

but i guess that makes an entire country "weirdo complainers" in their inscrutable ways

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

weird bcos there are plenty of chinese made phablets and big phones and the 6 and 6s seemed to have sold well over there. looks like apple was wrong.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

new ipad has camera nubbin, apple back to being right again

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Stux posted:

weird bcos there are plenty of chinese made phablets and big phones and the 6 and 6s seemed to have sold well over there. looks like apple was wrong.

the statistic was "the majority of people in china who had/bought a 4inch phone were new to iPhone"

nothing about how big that number is compared to larger phones

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

new ipad has camera nubbin, apple back to being right again

wow your trolling is even more transparent and pathetic than usual

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Stux posted:

new ipad has camera nubbin

gotta drive those case sales. accessory money is where it's at

apple is now radio shack

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Stymie posted:

wow your trolling is even more transparent and pathetic than usual

*clears throat* *adjust fedora* turn you ar e monitor on

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

lol @ straight up lifting metro snap + task switcher from windows 8

gg cupertino, now you just have to port finder

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

apple is freaking epic and killing it. god bless tim

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

assuming the it they're killing is apple itself :agreed:

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

apple is freaking epic and killing it. god bless tim

your despair is palpable

it's okay, you can admit that apple is going down the wrong path and has been for a long time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

infernal machines posted:

assuming the it they're killing is apple itself :agreed:

watch everything they're announcing be well received by end users and sell well and despair at ur lack of ability to enjoy the best products on the planet.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

watch out sarnsung!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

apple is so boring now

gently caress all this poo poo

they still have the best phone

but its boring

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

watch out sarnsung!

look at all these gifts are leader has given us

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

earlier itt i said i'd be happy with A8 chip and 8MP camera in a phone identical to the 5s with no camera bump. apple exceeds expectations once again.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

i am fully chuffed for the iphone se

finally, a worthy successor to my 5s

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no camera bump

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

We must secure the existence of flush cameras and a future for smallphones.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Vintersorg posted:

but its boring

i dont understand this, at all

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Yeah but nobody will know that you have the most newest apple product which is worth the camera bump

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i think my favorite parts of the presentation were the tacit admission that tim cannot control leaks and the explicit admission that the iwatch is failing bigtime

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

graph posted:

except maybe add 10 years to the "ideal" age

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

and the coded admission that ipad sales are in free-fall because there's no upgrade cycle for tablets and the market is saturated

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

i am fully chuffed for the iphone se

finally, a worthy successor to my 5s

same

the canadian pricing is pretty bad though. it costs $60 more than if you bought it in the US with today's exchange rate

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

and the coded admission that ipad sales are in free-fall because there's no upgrade cycle for tablets and the market is saturated

but they'll roll out new skus for tablets anyway because apple has to contribute to the market saturation and tim is still terrified of ms surface ads

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

graph posted:

i dont know what they can do and maybe we've reached the ceiling

nothing really exciting about these product launches aside from "faster processor and gpu"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

this should give a clear response to those saying they've reached "peak iPhone". it enters a much lower price point with few compromises. but still, you can get a Big Phone for this price point with Android.

lol @ straight up lifting metro snap + task switcher from windows 8

that's the task switcher from OS X. like, pixel for pixel the exact same.

the app snap works a good deal better in iOS than windows 8, in my opinion. in Win 8 you have to wipe open a side bar showing all apps, press and drag an app out and hover it over the other app, wait for the app snap divider to appear, then release the app, then adjust the width by dragging the divider.

in iOS you swipe open as sidebar, then just tap the app you want. then adjust the width with the divider. no senseless "press, drag and wait" step like in Windows 8.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

how often are you multitasking on a iphone

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

nothing really exciting about these product launches aside from "faster processor and gpu"

there weren't any new processors or GPUs today, just the same ones at lower price points and smaller form factors

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Vintersorg posted:

Are you thick? It's enabled for the iPad Air 2 and all iPad Pros.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

ah yes, windows 8. it was the first operating system to allow you to have two programs open at the same time. everyone shamelessly just copying microsoft's innovation there

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Vintersorg posted:

you can have apps run in the background on iPhone, and switch between apps with the state saved. that's been around for a long time.

bobfather posted:

Are you thick? It's enabled for the iPad Air 2 and all iPad Pros.

iPad Air can do some limited split-screen stuff. basically it can do phone-width app + regular app view, and picture-in-picture.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Vintersorg posted:

apple under steve created the iphone and the ipad

tim has brought us such exciting innovations as the big phone, the camera bump, a stylus (yuuch), and a watch (now with an exciting new nylon band)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

bobfather posted:

Are you thick? It's enabled for the iPad Air 2 and all iPads Pro.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

THC posted:

ah yes, windows 8. it was the first operating system to allow you to have two programs open at the same time. everyone shamelessly just copying microsoft's innovation there

the OS that tried everything to prevent you from using multiple windows at once was the first multi-tasking OS

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
don't forget the ipad mini and maxi, both of which have directly contributed to the decline of the ipad brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

lol you missed one

• Locked thread