Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pththya-lyi posted:

Clinton was 16 years old in 1964. Hillary's not my favorite candidate either, but I think it's unfair to expect her to apologize for stuff she did when she was a literal child.

Don't go into the election subforum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Moon Slayer posted:

Here 'ya go. I saved it because it's great.

:drat:

Is this the same guy that did that amazing,"I'm winning!" cartoon back in 2012 with Santorum on a tricycle with Mitt in a monster truck about to crush him?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pththya-lyi posted:

Clinton was 16 years old in 1964. Hillary's not my favorite candidate either, but I think it's unfair to expect her to apologize for stuff she did when she was a literal child.

She praised Kissinger this very election cycle, and Kissinger is by far worse than Goldwater.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Is this the same guy that did that amazing,"I'm winning!" cartoon back in 2012 with Santorum on a tricycle with Mitt in a monster truck about to crush him?

Nope that was Beeler:

He's been a pretty boilerplate Republican shill since 2013, sadly.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Jedit posted:

South Park frequently comments on things that happened that week.

South park's production schedule is a nightmare and has given comedy central a very unhealthy view of the resources it takes to make an animated television show.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Also South Park can be made quickly because it looks like poo poo.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Abyssal Squid posted:

Nope that was Beeler:

Legit one of my favorite cartoons, sad to hear he's using his powers for evil now :(

dingy dimples
Aug 16, 2004

Stinky_Pete posted:

I keep meaning to point out to these people that we let gay men and pedophiles "posing as straight men" to enter the same bathrooms young boys go into. At parks, movie theaters, even Catholic churches! And for some strange reason, we don't feel like that's a huge problem.

Pages back but yea, you'd think if people's honest root concern was "my daughter might have to change clothes in a locker room or use a bathroom with someone who finds her sexually attractive" they'd be more worried about bisexual and lesbian girls, who I'm pretty sure greatly outnumber trans girls.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Legit one of my favorite cartoons, sad to hear he's using his powers for evil now :(

I wouldn't go that far, like Allie he's always been a Republican and like Allie, once he got a job at a newspaper he settled down into comfortable rut of illustrating the latest GOP talking points, instead of sometimes saying "hey you're being dicks rn" or cute, inoffensive visual gags.

To me this was the one where I realized he isn't putting a lot of effort into his work anymore:

Everyone in the thread was reading it as "gently caress off we were here first" but my initial take was "we're being overtaken in the New Space Race step up your game America" and since I still respected him I asked Beeler himself. Turns out that "gently caress off we were here first" was the message he was trying to convey. :(

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Abyssal Squid posted:

Nope that was Beeler:

Jerusalem posted:

Same, he's got actually decent art/caricatures and he can make a legitimately funny cartoon. It's sad that he doesn't make anything good like this anymore.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

steinrokkan posted:

She praised Kissinger this very election cycle, and Kissinger is by far worse than Goldwater.

Exactly! There's a bunch of bad/dubious stuff she did as an adult, you don't have to reach back to when she was a kid to criticize her.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

steinrokkan posted:

What did she say about him?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

dingy dimples posted:

Pages back but yea, you'd think if people's honest root concern was "my daughter might have to change clothes in a locker room or use a bathroom with someone who finds her sexually attractive" they'd be more worried about bisexual and lesbian girls, who I'm pretty sure greatly outnumber trans girls.

Conservatives seem to really like portrayals of male sexuality that would make people call Poe if you attributed it to even the most notorious sex-negative feminist. Suddenly when the subject of transwomen comes up, "every man is a rapist" is obvious and somehow inoffensive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What did she say about him?

During one of the debates Bernie Sanders mentioned she'd taken advice from Kissinger and proceeded to just savage Kissinger (and deservedly so), and Clinton pretty much had to defend him because otherwise she'd be agreeing with him that she took advice from a horrific war criminal. She then made the awful mistake of saying,"At least we know who I take advice from, unlike Senator Sanders here" and he immediately retorted,"I'll tell you who I don't take advice from, HENRY KISSINGER!"

More than anything else, that night was a thing of beauty just to finally get to hear an actual notable politician refuse the follow the line that Kissinger was a great diplomat who ushered in peace, and point out the many horrible things he did.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

nobodyssweetheart
Sep 26, 2015

I'm so proud my brother
is death ray panda

Jerusalem posted:

More than anything else, that night was a thing of beauty just to finally get to hear an actual notable politician refuse the follow the line that Kissinger was a great diplomat who ushered in peace, and point out the many horrible things he did.

Tom Lehrer quit satire when Kissinger won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Cuba, known for the worst treatment of prisoners in Cuba, what with its Guantanamo Bay and

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

nobodyssweetheart posted:

Tom Lehrer quit satire when Kissinger won the Nobel Peace Prize.

That's not actually true. He made a joke about satire dying when Kissinger won the peace prize.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This is terrible.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Wait, I could be getting paid for this poo poo!?

i meant the protesting, not cartooning, but like a ramirez cartoon, you can easily interpret my comment both ways :v:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

All I can see here is (A) someone wearing a green plaid suit and pink shirt who (B) probably doesn't realize recliners were not made for beings whose total body weight is mostly concentrated in their head.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The correct answer would be "Whattaya got?" and blowing cigarette smoke into his face.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Ned Flanders called, he wants his suit back, when you have the chance, okily dokily?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Here's my pick for Nonsense, This Is An Election Year category.

quote:

"And, he referred to my hands -- 'if they're small, something else must be small.' I guarantee you there's no problem. I guarantee."
Till the democrats can beat that, you can't talk.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Mar 22, 2016

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Looking back at his cartoons, 7oden had a pretty decent caricature kinda style.

Oh come on, we all know what we really call tea-baggers/white trash and that's ignorant, worthless and inbred. I love it when white people try not to remember what we call lesser white people in the food chain, because then we remember our place too and its not the master in the mansion.

Now this you can just edit to the white man saying uppity negro and its the same thing but with a lot less words.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

Here's my pick for Nonsense, This Is An Election Year category.
The comic makes sense but the caption is worded in a way that I can only describe as Muirian.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

I'm probably being dense, who is the kid supposed to be?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Famously loopy and unstable politician, Hillary Clinton.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Keiya posted:

I'm probably being dense, who is the kid supposed to be?

A drowned refugee.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
Aylan Kurdi. :smith:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Do people actually believe any of this poo poo? It's hard for me to put myself into a headspace where I can imagine someone being this delusional. There is no way anyone believes BLM protesters are paid to be there... is there?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
Oh. I deliberately avoid pictures of dead children as much as possible. :(

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Do people actually believe any of this poo poo? It's hard for me to put myself into a headspace where I can imagine someone being this delusional. There is no way anyone believes BLM protesters are paid to be there... is there?

Outside of lunatic dipshits, probably not. It's just an easy narrative to latch onto in order to dismiss the concerns of BLM.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Jerusalem posted:

During one of the debates Bernie Sanders mentioned she'd taken advice from Kissinger and proceeded to just savage Kissinger (and deservedly so), and Clinton pretty much had to defend him because otherwise she'd be agreeing with him that she took advice from a horrific war criminal. She then made the awful mistake of saying,"At least we know who I take advice from, unlike Senator Sanders here" and he immediately retorted,"I'll tell you who I don't take advice from, HENRY KISSINGER!"

To be fair he then later said a person he admires greatly was Churchill as a leader and that dude wanted to gas the poo poo out of people and generally abuse anyone who pissed him off so that put a little dull on his 'yea man no sacred cows' poo poo.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

SwitchbladeKult posted:

First, you need to get into the headspace of "what more do black people want? We ended slavery, things are fine so long as we don't actually talk about race!"

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

colonel_korn posted:

https://twitter.com/lachlan/status/711992372939194370

Conservative cartoonists will be punching out early tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKmoze-hlXU

YESSSSSS

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Moon Slayer posted:

First, you need to get into the headspace of "what more do black people want? We ended slavery, things are fine so long as we don't actually talk about race!"

Then you need to get to the point where you can't imagine that anyone could possibly disagree with what you believe honestly, meaning that it all must be completely manufactured..

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

colonel_korn posted:

I'm getting weekend at bernie's vibes from this.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

colonel_korn posted:

Some context:

"Politico posted:

The awkward photo that ended the event, with Obama looking like he had a limp wrist because he resisted Castro’s attempt to raise their hands together in victory as they walked out of the room, couldn’t change what had happened in what’s likely to be the most important hour of the president’s two-day trip here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Martin Luther King Jr. posted:

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

• Locked thread