Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
http://www.citypages.com/music/xcel-adds-cure-tickets-severely-pisses-off-cure-fans-8139879

Some rare concert freude.

Tickets sell really well for your arena show? Push the stage back and add additional seats in the front. Watch 40-somethings get pissed as their floor seats are now 20(?) rows further back than they were previously.

Edit - meh. Missed the line saying "Floor seats were not impacted by the switch-up" It's more or less a bunch of nothing here.

Tony Phillips has a new favorite as of 17:20 on Mar 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Scarf posted:

Shirtless guy apparently tries to start poo poo on a subway. Gets put to sleep

WOOOOORRRRLLLLLD STAAAAAARRRR!

Jesus christ, it;s like a tree made of muscles suddenly sprouted behind Mr Idiot.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

His form on that choke could be a little better, but it worked in the heat of the moment.

DickStatkus
Oct 25, 2006

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Good Form or not, the dude films a pretty good sex-tape

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

i'm a leaf on the wind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vQqHeNmETs

e: me too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn9qOCHBT10

ringu0 has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Mar 21, 2016

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

me three

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vx9wYH3T5g

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS
I'm developing a strange fascination with Russia. I'm falling in love with it, but at the same time, it terrifies me. :stwoon:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

ringu0 posted:

i'm a leaf on the wind

No one got impaled. 0/10 would not wash.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Scarf posted:

Shirtless guy apparently tries to start poo poo on a subway. Gets put to sleep

WOOOOORRRRLLLLLD STAAAAAARRRR!

This sort of thing happens on lot on these lines.

TopHatGenius has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Mar 21, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I love the way that he choked him and just sat down until he was out. Comfort is important in these sorts of situations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Normally you might think that due to anoxia that the guy can't do math now, but I'm not sure that guy could do math before he was choked out.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I'm the guy about to use my bike as a weapon

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Bobby Digital posted:

I'm the guy about to use my bike as a weapon

Looks like he was trying to drop it between them like a fence.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

I mean it used to work for the road runner but we don't live in toon town.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
^ I don't get a whole lot of freude out of that. Depending on the lighting/time of day, even a fake painted tunnel could reasonably look like a tunnel to a driver.

With regards to that bridge everyone slams into: I've heard all the reasons why they don't change it, but surely the cost of maintaining all the don't-go-here and the protect-the-bridge poo poo would eventually cost more than the expenses of lifting the bridge itself?

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 23:04 on Mar 21, 2016

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

^ I don't get a whole lot of freude out of that. Depending on the lighting/time of day, even a fake painted tunnel could reasonably look like a tunnel to a driver.

With regards to that bridge everyone slams into: I've heard all the reasons why they don't change it, but surely the cost of maintaining all the don't-go-here and the protect-the-bridge poo poo would eventually cost more than the expenses of lifting the bridge itself?

If you calculate over several hundred years then sure.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
Bridges are expensive. Water mains are expensive. 2 hours billed for monthly cleanup is not expensive.

If you can come up with a plan to build a new bridge or reroute the water main that comes in under 5 years of cleanup maintenance, I'm sure the city would love to see it.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
HAY GUYS WHY DONT THEY JUST RAISE THE BRIDGE HURRRRRRRRR :downs:

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
edit ^^^^^^ That one was better ^^^^

One more time, because we don't need a third sucker to drop in wondering "wuh- well why don't they just make it taller??": The case is that the bridge's height cannot be changed! 1. It is above a sewer or water main. 2. It is supporting train tracks. 3. You cannot scootch either infrastructure even an inch without loving them up. 4. To completely redesign and reconstruct the infrastructure would mean immense, obviously unfeasible expense, particularly since it would be almost entirely for the benefit of fools who operate vehicles without proper awareness of the vehicle's size, and what's more, the time it would take to shut down the entire drat area and break everything apart would equal probably over several year's worth of crashes, pulling a figure out of my rear end. I can't wrap my mind around why you would think you, who I can safely assume are not a road engineer, would be the only voice to notice and suggest the most obvious, childish, unrealistic solution - the only voice in this thread - but, actually, I can wrap my mind around it, and it's because you rated your problem-solving so high, and cared so very little for every other poster in the thread, that you just had to get your stunted thoughts down onto data to, what, get forum accolades? For proposing a meaningless fix to a source of good videos? What the gently caress? Clever boy! If you're reading this drat thread, you should be expected to read every post, carefully, meticulously, to ascertain its content before saving or discarding. The entire point is that when the last judgment occurs the one with the dopest and funniest pics will be Jesus's winner. This thread ought to have a very high schaden-to-noise ratio and a big ol gently caress you to anyone who blithely brings it down. You're ruining us all, and you're ruining yourself.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

MisterBibs posted:

The real freude is the train that hit him after the crash.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Cobweb Heart posted:

edit ^^^^^^ That one was better ^^^^

One more time, because we don't need a third sucker to drop in wondering "wuh- well why don't they just make it taller??": The case is that the bridge's height cannot be changed! 1. It is above a sewer or water main. 2. It is supporting train tracks. 3. You cannot scootch either infrastructure even an inch without loving them up. 4. To completely redesign and reconstruct the infrastructure would mean immense, obviously unfeasible expense, particularly since it would be almost entirely for the benefit of fools who operate vehicles without proper awareness of the vehicle's size, and what's more, the time it would take to shut down the entire drat area and break everything apart would equal probably over several year's worth of crashes, pulling a figure out of my rear end. I can't wrap my mind around why you would think you, who I can safely assume are not a road engineer, would be the only voice to notice and suggest the most obvious, childish, unrealistic solution - the only voice in this thread - but, actually, I can wrap my mind around it, and it's because you rated your problem-solving so high, and cared so very little for every other poster in the thread, that you just had to get your stunted thoughts down onto data to, what, get forum accolades? For proposing a meaningless fix to a source of good videos? What the gently caress? Clever boy! If you're reading this drat thread, you should be expected to read every post, carefully, meticulously, to ascertain its content before saving or discarding. The entire point is that when the last judgment occurs the one with the dopest and funniest pics will be Jesus's winner. This thread ought to have a very high schaden-to-noise ratio and a big ol gently caress you to anyone who blithely brings it down. You're ruining us all, and you're ruining yourself.

ok but what if they just made the bridge wider and the trucks could go in sideways

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

ok but what if they build another bridge for the cars that goes over the whole other bridge

it should be fine as long as they make it tall enough for the trains otherwise theyd have to built anohter bridge over that one for the trains and then one for the cars and then it might just go on forever

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

A Good Boy :3:

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~
Road engineer here. If you take the bricks down and make them taller * before putting them back, you could raise the height of the bridge by six feet or even more.

* Not shorter, which is different

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
guys GUYS

what if they built a tunnel...that goes under the sewer pipes :drugnerd:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Hey what if we invent a kind of train that just floats 10 feet in the air over any surface without needing rails or bridges, and then change over all of the trains to those, and while we're at it we could invent a kind of engine that doesn't need an energy source.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The most efficient solution would be to lower the road so it intersects with the sewage, then install a sewage crossing

Every hour or so the floodgates open and a poo poo ton of raw sewage slowly slides across

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

ok but what if they build another bridge for the cars that goes over the whole other bridge

it should be fine as long as they make it tall enough for the trains otherwise theyd have to built anohter bridge over that one for the trains and then one for the cars and then it might just go on forever

It's nothing but bridges all the way down up.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Clearly the solution here is to build ANOTHER bridge over the top of the first one and hope train drivers never carry anything really tall. In which case you'll need another webcam which will likely be quite dramatic viewing! EFB! gently caress. I stick with putting a webcam on it though.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Tetracube posted:

The most efficient solution would be to lower the road so it intersects with the sewage, then install a sewage crossing

Every hour or so the floodgates open and a poo poo ton of raw sewage slowly slides across

I don't see how giving the bridge an SA account solves anything

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
turn the bridge into a drawbridge

install a giant magnet above the gap where the bridge would be which is just powerful enough to lift the trains over the gap

Minarch posted:

I don't see how giving the bridge an SA account solves anything

lmao

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I've got it. Make hitting the bridge a ridiculously large fine. Print that information on the yellow bar overhead. Invested newfound revenue into an amusement park. Bridge-themed amusement park. Sell merchandise, invest back into the park. Soon, it'll be the most famous local attraction and major source of tourism. Earn enough funds to raise the bridge... and then don't.

Numbers 10'8" would make for some bitchin shades. I have plans and everything. Let's do this

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
Just build a new, taller, bridge that goes over the current bridge! Then make sure you can fit the train under the new bridge.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
Listen just build a ramp. A big loving ramp

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Bundle of Keys posted:

Just build a new, taller, bridge that goes over the current bridge! Then make sure you can fit the train under the new bridge.

No, make sure the train doesn't fit under the bridge. Then point a camera at it and post the videos. :munch:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Shh.

Pillow Hat
Sep 11, 2001

What has been seen cannot be unseen.
Yikes is he dead?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧