Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Hey guys, what collections reward ascended armor boxes? I know that the luminescent armor collection does, but is that it? I'm trying to find easier ways of getting the expensive light ascended armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Sprite141 posted:

Hey guys, what collections reward ascended armor boxes? I know that the luminescent armor collection does, but is that it? I'm trying to find easier ways of getting the expensive light ascended armor.

Here's all the ones I know of. They're all time consuming.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Wonderful... I can attempt the leystone armor collection. I'm already taking 6 characters through HoT, each go through rewards a box. I'll just pick the 2 most annoying armor boxes to get (legs, boots, ect.) and get all the armor classes for them.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
You should save the story rewards boxes until you can use them to complete the collection, unless you intend to finish 15 runs through of the HoT story. Leystone armor boxes dropped from Dragon's Stand blighting tower events and noxious pods are random specific slots but selectable weight, the only one you can count on is getting the chest armor slot box from completing the MoM fight.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

You should save the story rewards boxes until you can use them to complete the collection, unless you intend to finish 15 runs through of the HoT story. Leystone armor boxes dropped from Dragon's Stand blighting tower events and noxious pods are random specific slots but selectable weight, the only one you can count on is getting the chest armor slot box from completing the MoM fight.

Fair enough! I did see the chest is a common drop for the mouth. I just want enough ascended boxes for the light armor chest and pants. If leather has gone up in price I may need one for the medium pants too, but that can happen later.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

If I want some more ascended armour pieces, so I can do higher level fractals without Cletus laughing at me for dying every 3 seconds, what's the easiest/cheapest way? Relying on luck is no good, I've literally gotten one ascended box drop ever.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Cheapest and easiest is champion fractals. Drop rate is around 10% I think. You can raid for 10 weeks (2 Spirit Vale runs a week) and sell a ghostly infusion for a ton of gold.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

LiftAuff posted:

You can raid for 10 weeks (2 Spirit Vale runs a week) and sell a ghostly infusion for a ton of gold.

Lol that's not an option.

I guess running those 50+ fractals is indeed the best way so I'll keep doing that and just die a lot

e: vvvv nice

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

If I want some more ascended armour pieces, so I can do higher level fractals without Cletus laughing at me for dying every 3 seconds, what's the easiest/cheapest way? Relying on luck is no good, I've literally gotten one ascended box drop ever.

champ fractals but dying

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think I recall you doing the luminescent armor collection, so that's a no go on the easiest option I know. Your guardian is in luck though because as far as I can tell heavy armor is the easiest and cheapest to make.

I know raids can drop ascended armor, and so do fractals. I think those have higher drop rates than tequatl. I got a shoulder box yesterday just from the mid tier fractal daily reward box. If that is common, though I doubt it, that may be your best bet.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Edit:

I was not in this thread when I hit reply. Mobile browser musta hosed up.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

CLAM DOWN posted:

Run Fractal 40 farm until you get lucky with a drop or get enough gold to craft them yourself. You only need 3 to hit that 109 AR mossman farm sweet spot (assuming you have ascended weapons).

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
support GW2 via buying gems and selling them for gold like the whale you are, Arus

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Laphroaig posted:

support GW2 via buying gems and selling them for gold like the whale you are, Arus

I'm continuing my gem strike until Anet either accepts CAD or the exchange rate improves

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

i like how it took a currency issue rather than the continuous flood of objectively crappy items to prompt this

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm continuing my gem strike until Anet either accepts CAD or the exchange rate improves

Who are you kidding, they'd just apply the exact exchange rate for their CAD market. Can't have people doing arbitrage, now!

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.
There is always crafting your own set of Ascended Armor.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

knowonecanknow posted:

There is always crafting your own set of Ascended Armor.

Making one chestpiece practically bankrupted me and I'd rather have marauder stats now than berserker, so not particularly realistic, it would take me waaaaaaay too long. It's too expensive/grindy. It's ok, I like the option of doing champion fractals, provided Cletus can come up with more creative insults when I die than "hey everyone arus is chugging a dirt soda again"

Dukka posted:

i like how it took a currency issue rather than the continuous flood of objectively crappy items to prompt this

eat me

Jan posted:

Who are you kidding, they'd just apply the exact exchange rate for their CAD market. Can't have people doing arbitrage, now!

GTA can sell shark cards in the equivalent CAD price (like, 19.99 for the 19.99 card instead of $30 or whatever) so Anet could too!!!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Since when are people paying for things with bad webcomics?

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
It's possible to change the stats of ascended weapons and armor in the Mystic Forge!

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

GTA can sell shark cards in the equivalent CAD price (like, 19.99 for the 19.99 card instead of $30 or whatever) so Anet could too!!!

I would also like to pay less for things.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Generic Octopus posted:

I would also like to pay less for things.

I'm paying more for things atm so me too bro :hfive:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm paying more for things atm so me too bro :hfive:

Move to the US. You can live in my basement and hang out with my guinea pigs.
We can share my Amazon Prime account and hold hands.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Move to the US. You can live in my basement and hang out with my guinea pigs.
We can share my Amazon Prime account and hold hands.

I burst into flames if I cross the border :supaburn:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

I think they've installed microwave guns at the Blue Water Bridge. I've yet to try crossing at Niagara Falls.

knowonecanknow
Apr 19, 2009

Ambition must be made to counteract ambition.

CLAM DOWN posted:

:patriot:

Bieeardo posted:

I think they've installed microwave guns at the Blue Water Bridge. I've yet to try crossing at Niagara Falls.

I cross at the Peace Bridge all the time for the sole purpose of buying super cheap booze from the duty free because gently caress New York taxes on the nectar of the gods.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

oh my loving god

quote:

Thanks everyone who chimed in on my previous thread about potentially changing WvW match reset timing. The response was overwhelmingly in favor of bringing back Friday resets, even if that meant it being a little later in the evening for North America.
Starting this Friday (March 25th), the weekly match reset time will change back to Fridays.

NA resets at 6PM/7PM PST/PDT Fri (2:00 UTC Sat)
EU resets at 10AM/11AM PST/PDT Fri (18:00 UTC Fri.)

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/wuv/Friday-Match-Resets-Starting-March-25th/

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
hm, clearly that dev didn't read the op. game is dead

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

it turns out necro is a really safe class for people who suck

in unrelated news, i like necro

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Dreggon posted:

:hf: Reaper buddy. gently caress yeah 60% win rate through no merit of my own.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

I watched an ele solo a legendary while standing underneath it - being stomped on - in a zone that adds conditions to you the entire time.

I'm tempted to take my ele and try that to see how many microseconds I live before being thoroughly wasted. At least my necro has a few life saving 'poo poo that nearly killed me' saving moves, usually used while running the gently caress away and let my minions distract whatever horrible stompy thing is kicking my rear end while I get out of hurt range.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol that's not an option.

I guess running those 50+ fractals is indeed the best way so I'll keep doing that and just die a lot

e: vvvv nice

If you get ascended trinkets, you get 6 slots for Versatile Simple Infusions, which will get you to 42 AR. If you Attune and Infuse your rings and Infuse your back piece, you can get 5 Agony Infusion slots. Mathwise, the ideal move is to get three +11 Agony Infusions and 2 +10 Agony Infusions (it relates to getting 150 AR with full ascended), which will get you to 95 AR. From there, if you make a two-handed ascended weapon you can get to 109 AR, though you can also run 51-56-58 for a slightly slower but much lower AR requirement pack of champion floors. It winds up being Snowblind, Swamp, and Molten Furnace, and only takes 75 AR instead of 109. You can skip infusing anything if you get the ascended weapon and just want 75 AR.

For getting your rings and poo poo infused, you can either just take infused rings that drop and attune them (generally taking Okay rings instead of the ones you actually want because waiting for rng to give you an infused ring of the type you want will take forever) or you can farm Fractal 72 - it's Volcanic, and you can do the opening area where you fight a million grawl to get shards relatively quickly, and it takes absolutely no agony resist.

The most annoying part is getting enough fractal relics for all the +7 versatile simple infusions. You'll want 8 of them, which is 1200 fractal relics

Magres fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Mar 22, 2016

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

4am reset :(

Ambi
Dec 30, 2011

Leave it to me
Yeah, buying Gems in Ireland is either 40% more if you buy with GBP, or around 25% more if you buy with euros because all online stuff assumes everything converts 1:1. About half the increase is tax I guess, because Europe has standardised taxes for most stuff, but it's still a pretty hilarious price hike.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Dreggon posted:

That's why I've been leaning one mine almost since I started a year and some ago. I really should learn to play without a full brace of summons and spamming staff wells; it'd probably be a bit more interesting.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
So as schpyder was so keen to tell me last night, the quick turnaround button (which by default is unbound) works when gliding. :psyduck: I guess my next attempt at the don't get hit while gliding challenge at the end of hot's story will be going much smoother.

Also, I used to be poo poo at mesmer and had no clue how to play chronomancer. While running through the entirety of hot's story I kinda got the hang of both. I'm way better at staying alive, blinking and shattering clones now. Though I need to get used to hitting F5 and F4. I might pickup a dorky gamer's mouse so I can bind the F keys on it. Anyway, I mostly only use the greatsword. I need to start forcing myself to use 1h sword more.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ambi posted:

Yeah, buying Gems in Ireland is either 40% more if you buy with GBP, or around 25% more if you buy with euros because all online stuff assumes everything converts 1:1. About half the increase is tax I guess, because Europe has standardised taxes for most stuff, but it's still a pretty hilarious price hike.

Same in Switzerland, 90% of the time you just lose because you're being charged Euros (up to 40% more expensive in the past, before EUR and USD crashed in relation to CHF/Swiss Franc, still over 10% right now) or they charge USD but apply "EU" VAT (20% usually, ours is 8%), or they do both at once (basically Steam prices before they offered CHF as a currency recently).

Funny enough Steam is now pretty good in CHF (sometimes even cheaper than USD prices), with a few outliers (Ubi, Bethesda and Take2 when "Steam in CHF" launched, wanted up to 50% more than the previous prices in Euros).

Anet on the other hand... Yeah. You can buy gems cheaper online in some places, but my experience with that has been mixed.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Magres posted:

If you get ascended trinkets, you get 6 slots for Versatile Simple Infusions, which will get you to 42 AR. If you Attune and Infuse your rings and Infuse your back piece, you can get 5 Agony Infusion slots. Mathwise, the ideal move is to get three +11 Agony Infusions and 2 +10 Agony Infusions (it relates to getting 150 AR with full ascended), which will get you to 95 AR. From there, if you make a two-handed ascended weapon you can get to 109 AR, though you can also run 51-56-58 for a slightly slower but much lower AR requirement pack of champion floors. It winds up being Snowblind, Swamp, and Molten Furnace, and only takes 75 AR instead of 109. You can skip infusing anything if you get the ascended weapon and just want 75 AR.

For getting your rings and poo poo infused, you can either just take infused rings that drop and attune them (generally taking Okay rings instead of the ones you actually want because waiting for rng to give you an infused ring of the type you want will take forever) or you can farm Fractal 72 - it's Volcanic, and you can do the opening area where you fight a million grawl to get shards relatively quickly, and it takes absolutely no agony resist.

The most annoying part is getting enough fractal relics for all the +7 versatile simple infusions. You'll want 8 of them, which is 1200 fractal relics

Thank you so much but I don't understand a lot of this :( How do I infuse or attune something? What does that do? What are these shards that grawl give me? There are +11 infusions? I've only ever seen the +5 ones from the vendor. How do I get those?

I don't have the time or patience or desire to min/max this, I just want to be able to do higher levels ones when friends ask rather than bowing out or dying constantly from loving agony, the objectively worst mechanic in the game.

Ambi posted:

Yeah, Americans don't realize how annoying this is. $20 in gems, 1600 of them, cost me $20 CAD when the game came out. Today, it's fluctuating, but it would've cost me $35+ a month ago. That's not fair :(

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 22, 2016

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

LiftAuff posted:

Cheapest and easiest is champion fractals. Drop rate is around 10% I think. You can raid for 10 weeks (2 Spirit Vale runs a week) and sell a ghostly infusion for a ton of gold.

What the gently caress happened to this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Thank you so much but I don't understand a lot of this :( How do I infuse or attune something? What does that do? What are these shards that grawl give me? There are +11 infusions? I've only ever seen the +5 ones from the vendor. How do I get those?

I don't have the time or patience or desire to min/max this, I just want to be able to do higher levels ones when friends ask rather than bowing out or dying constantly from loving agony, the objectively worst mechanic in the game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infused_equipment
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attuned_equipment (you can only attune rings, and only when you have tier 2 of the mastery).

Basically they add slots for those pink Agony Infusions to your rings/back-piece. If you've ever done a fractal you've had these dumped into your inventory; the +5/7 Versatile infusions are bought from vendors in the fractal lab area (HoT added one only accessible after you have tier 1 of the fractal mastery). The +1's are combined either via Artificer or the new merchant to make the numbers bigger.

So for maximum numbers you put a +7 everywhere, then use three +11's and two +10's that you either combined a shitton of +1's to get or bought off the tp. This gets your AR total to 150, enough to take minimum damage from fractal 100.

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 22, 2016

• Locked thread