Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ohio the land of serial killers and astronauts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave_Indeed
Feb 22, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

etalian posted:

All we do is murder people and go to space in this bitch.

Rodnik
Dec 20, 2003
Here are pictures of Northern Minnesota, and my family, as we try to make the best of a bad situation (living in the midwest)

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

etalian posted:

I was travelling during the holidays and the route requires me to drive though all of Western Ohio. At a pit stop I heard a top 40 radio station's DJ recite bible verses between songs.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

OctoberBlues posted:

What do you mean? Nebraska is just corn and cows and farmers, same as Iowa. But Iowa claims superiority for reasons.

I want to see the video you make? :shrug:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

thhats where your fructose comes from in your sodas, we should thank them

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Rodnik posted:

Here are pictures of Northern Minnesota, and my family, as we try to make the best of a bad situation (living in the midwest)

Duluth may suck, but at least you don't live in Superior.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Darth123123 posted:

thhats where your fructose comes from in your sodas, we should thank them

Corn syrup sodas suck.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

King Vidiot posted:

Corn syrup sodas suck.

Lol, Just Lol, if you don't guzzle cum by the gallon.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Moved to Madison, WI from Chicago today. Nice little town. Lots of average and homely ladies here. Downtown is sweet, though. They have an impressive farmers' market on the weekends. Probably won't see any big bands come through, though.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

If you see Scott Walker, please punch him in his crooked face, tia.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Ben Smash posted:

Moved to Madison, WI from Chicago today. Nice little town. Lots of average and homely ladies here. Downtown is sweet, though. They have an impressive farmers' market on the weekends. Probably won't see any big bands come through, though.

Do they have farmers markets in big city? What do they call them?

Besides Aldi

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I'm considering a move to either Washington/Oregon or Minnesota tbqh. I'm married so women folk doesn't necessarily have to factor into my decision making.

Basically, wherever is cheapest that allows me to have guns, buy property outside city limits and I can shoot trespassers is all I ask.

Also good beer

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Ben Smash posted:

I saw The Heavy at the Majestic Theatre a few years back. It was a really good show.

MurderBot posted:

I'm considering a move to either Washington/Oregon or Minnesota tbqh. I'm married so women folk doesn't necessarily have to factor into my decision making.

Basically, wherever is cheapest that allows me to have guns, buy property outside city limits and I can shoot trespassers is all I ask.

Also good beer

Chippewa Falls, WI sounds like the place for you.

Robot Made of Meat
Oct 16, 2015

Ben Smash posted:

Um.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ben Smash posted:

Ann Arbor is pretty nice too.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

MurderBot posted:

Also good beer

BLM s opening up some new parcels in Oregon soon I hear.

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004

MurderBot posted:

Also good beer

Definitely somewhere in Wisconsin. You should go there.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Good poo poo here.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Thanks. Sorry that my phone camera is river trash.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

deep fried anal beads on the left?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

A turbo redneck from my old work was swiping these to use for jug fishing despite actual gallon jugs being about 1000% more convenient

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Ben Smash posted:

The Majestic and Orpheum get pretty good acts and sometimes you'll get the big names (Mumford stopping there in April), plus Live on King Street is cool. Just go to MKE for anyone else, plus summerfest (it's way better than lolla lol)

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Lord of Pie posted:

jug fishing

what

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I looked it up:

fleshy echidna
Apr 11, 2010
I have a friend from the midwest whose supper ripped and really good at ping pong, is this anyone else's experience? Also he apparently drank alot of four loko while playing ping pong.

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I started a ping pong club at my high school in Iowa, but I am not super ripped, so I can't really confirm or deny.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

AKZ posted:

dilapidated poo poo

I remember that x-files, the hills have eyes people were banging their toothless, limbless mama to make more hills have eyes people.

Max Hammer
Jan 3, 2008

ANTIFREEZE!!!

DrBouvenstein posted:

I remember that x-files, the hills have eyes people were banging their toothless, limbless mama to make more hills have eyes people.

The episode you're thinking of is 'Home', and it definitely reflects the majority of the Midwest. This is coming from someone who has lived his entire life in the Midwest.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Max Hammer posted:

The episode you're thinking of is 'Home', and it definitely reflects the majority of the Midwest. This is coming from someone who has lived his entire life in the Midwest.

How's your toothless, limbless mama doin' these days?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

JB50 posted:

I looked it up:

Illegal right? Like electric fishing or cross river bank to bank. But gently caress effort of casting

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

DrBouvenstein posted:

They made a sequel episode where they all go to the state fair, but it never aired on Fox. Ended up being a TLC reality show pilot I think

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Darth123123 posted:

Illegal right? Like electric fishing or cross river bank to bank. But gently caress effort of casting

Jug Fishing is legal in most states but not all. States also have specific regulations for jug fishing that vary from State to State. The information on this page cannot be guaranteed accurate, please check your local fish and wildlife department to make sure you know all the jug fishing rules and regulations.

http://www.fishingnoodles.com/jug-fishing-laws

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

JB50 posted:

Jug Fishing is legal in most states but not all. States also have specific regulations for jug fishing that vary from State to State. The information on this page cannot be guaranteed accurate, please check your local fish and wildlife department to make sure you know all the jug fishing rules and regulations.

http://www.fishingnoodles.com/jug-fishing-laws

No wonder Ive never heard of it, its illegal in MN.

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

We're not done yet.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

AKZ posted:

We're not done yet.

hey, is that [every small town in Iowa]?

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Yippee ki yay mother fuckers

• Locked thread