Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

AKZ posted:

We're not done yet.

This week on American Pickers...

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
This happened outside work last week:

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Is that a Chrysler LeBaron on fire?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Linux Pirate posted:

That guy is confused, CO and WY are not midwest they are west coast.

Though me being from Colorado I can tell you some of the midwest seeps into eastern Colorado from Kansas.

I'm not sure you know what "coast" means.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I'm not sure you know what "coast" means.

It's a region, not a literal name.

PuppiesAndKitties
Jun 5, 2008
I LOVE KYASHI'S MONEY
Grimey Drawer
Do people really consider Hawaii as part of the West? :psyduck:

I mean it technically is, but huh.

totally losing my mime
Aug 3, 2012

The quiet can scrape
All the calm from your bones.
But maybe it should.
Maybe we need to be hollowed
To get up and grow,
And stop fucking around,
To kick off our braces and start straightening out
Fun Shoe

It's a palace. Made of corn.

Imapanda
Sep 12, 2008

Majoris Felidae Peditum

Linux Pirate posted:

Minnesota isnt really the midwest tbh

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Linux Pirate posted:

…yeah…so…"the west" doesn't mean "west coast."

also, as a Coloradan, you should know better than to associate us with California in such a manner.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Dangerllama posted:

…yeah…so…"the west" doesn't mean "west coast."

also, as a Coloradan, you should know better than to associate us with California in such a manner.

I've never heard of people refer to it as just "the west", I've always heard "west coast" and I'm pretty sure they're interchangeable

I didn't make the pic, I just googled US regions. It doesn't matter so lets stop worrying about it and post pics of the mid west.

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 22, 2016

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

"Yeah, I'm from Western America."
"Oh cool, where?"
"Anchorage!"

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Linux Pirate posted:

I will be deep in the cold dead ground before I recognize Oklahoma and Texas east of the Pecos as part of the Southwest.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Tequila Sunrise posted:

"Yeah, I'm from Western America."
"Oh cool, where?"
"Anchorage!"

How about you actually post something.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

It would be better as a venn diagram yes. Since some of those designations overlap. West Coast, Mountain West, Pacific Northwest, Southwest, Midwest ect.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Ron Roenicke posted:

It's a palace. Made of corn.

I have visited this place twice. Sucked both times.

verhulce
Mar 3, 2007

AKZ posted:

Is that a Chrysler LeBaron on fire?

Older fox body Mustang.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

ftfy

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Shockingly accurate.

naem
May 29, 2011

fleshy echidna posted:

I have a friend from the midwest whose supper ripped and really good at ping pong, is this anyone else's experience? Also he apparently drank alot of four loko while playing ping pong.

He spent all (six months of) winter cooped up doing prison push-ups (lumberjack genes) and his fondest childhood memory was being the popular kid in his town of 40 because his grandma had a ping pong table, also he's automatically a mild alcoholic (lumberjack genes)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Its too friendly to the west. Give me something more insulting.

The Butcher posted:

On a happier note I was once forced to go to buttfuck Ohio in order to continue receiving a paycheck, had a bit of time off and upon killing time found that they have a Neil loving Armstrong Air & Space Museum which contains the actual legit Gemini VIII spacecraft, a piece of the loving MOON and a bunch of other really cool poo poo.

If you are ever forced to go to Ohio for some reason and have a few hours to kill, check it out. A Good Museum.

vvv This thing, which these badass dudes' asses once graced. vvv

If you ever are forced to go to Ohio again I recommend you go to hocking hills, place is pretty as gently caress.

its in not flat Ohio so I don't know if it counts as midwest though.

Man Whore fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Mar 22, 2016

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Huh.

I have no arguments.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

that map is 100 percent accurate

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

the best part of being a new englander is visiting the south or midwest and swearing a whole lot casually and when people are first getting to know you they are concerned you are upset and your just like nah im just talking its all fuckin good

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Ben Smash posted:

Moved to Madison, WI from Chicago today. Nice little town. Lots of average and homely ladies here. Downtown is sweet, though. They have an impressive farmers' market on the weekends. Probably won't see any big bands come through, though.

Bullshit we get big bands all the time. Def Leppard is playing the Alliant Energy Center in August.

Hope you brought your ripped jeans, because this is going to be a rock show of the ages.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Philthy posted:

Bullshit we get big bands all the time. Def Leppard is playing the Alliant Energy Center in August.

Hope you brought your ripped jeans, because this is going to be a rock show of the ages.

Well I'm sure you guys know about it but Summerfest in Milwaukee is the largest music festival in the world. They get top of the line bands. I haven't been there in forever but I saw Foo Fighters in maybe 1999 or so. Looks like last year they had people as big as The Rolling Stones and Neil Young.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

the best part of being a new englander is visiting the south or midwest and swearing a whole lot casually and when people are first getting to know you they are concerned you are upset and your just like nah im just talking its all fuckin good

people swear all the time in the midwest though :confused:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

deep impact on vhs posted:

people swear all the time in the midwest though :confused:

Meh, I'd say it's looked down upon if you are complete strangers. Kind of trashy. With my friends I talk like sailor, but I would never start swearing it up with someone I just met. If I get to know them better, than sure. I don't think that's a midwest thing, just a tact, maturity, or lack of class thing.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Linux Pirate posted:

Hmm, 75% of the country is apparently "West" and only like 25% is "East"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Philthy posted:

Is this the same tour with Styx and Tesla?

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Linux Pirate posted:

Why is the midwest mostly east of center?

Idiots. That's why.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Shaquin posted:

This happens constantly in our home. I always have to clarify that swearing isn't me being angry, and that I'm not swearing AT anyone.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Cartouche posted:

Idiots. That's why.

Ask someone from Ontario where Western Ontario is

XVIII
Jul 11, 2007
londish by injection

Tytanium
Oct 27, 2006

YASSEAH!

Imapanda posted:

Minnesota isnt really the midwest tbh

Minnesota is the definition of upper midwest.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tytanium posted:

Minnesota is the definition of upper midwest.

Minnesota is the only good midwest state.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Cartouche posted:

Idiots. That's why.

That's where the "mid" comes in. It's not full on west. Don't quote me on this because I'm just guessing here but I think it had to do with western expansion. The east was the only fully colonized area and they expanded west (and south of course after the Louisiana purchase or something).... that became the midwest, and then further west was more of the "wild west" regions. I don't know enough about my American history and am far too lazy to look this up.

And only an idiot would call call Colorado on the west coast. Look at Colorado, then look at the coast. No. It's just the west. The west coast consists of 3 states. California, which has a coast, Oregon, which has a coast, and Washington, which has a coast. The ocean is the qualifying factor here. The rest is just "west". The "west coast" is just being more specific about their actual location.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

etalian posted:

Minnesota is the only good midwest state.

I'm in Wisconsin.

I agree with you 100%.

• Locked thread