Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

MisterAlex posted:

I actually like the lighthearted atmosphere in this thread, but not when it gets in the way of any constructive discussion that tries to take place. I asked for guidance and advice but got a quasi-insult post that wasn't even humorous.
It was actually pretty funny. Especially since the whole "Vita downloads are slow" discussion just took place on the past couple pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
So is there any real word on if Nights of Azure is going to be good or not? I read an import review that was basically, "Game is too easy, main story has bad pacing and cohesion issues, lesbian aspect overhyped and their relationship is more ambiguous in game." and then they gave it a b- .

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Failboattootoot posted:

So is there any real word on if Nights of Azure is going to be good or not? I read an import review that was basically, "Game is too easy, main story has bad pacing and cohesion issues, lesbian aspect overhyped and their relationship is more ambiguous in game." and then they gave it a b- .

B- seems to be the gist. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2016/01/31/nights-of-azure-review-ps4-yoru-no-nai-kuni/

It's important to remember that Gust doesn't usually do action games, but normal RPGs, so this needs to be looked at as a newbie entry.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Failboattootoot posted:

lesbian aspect overhyped and their relationship is more ambiguous in game

this shall not stand

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Really Pants posted:

this shall not stand

P much what I expected to be honest, subtext sells, lesbians don't

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It's their stab at the senran kagura thing. It plays like ps2-era dynasty warriors but worse. Every part of it feels extremely cheap. It's not good.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

P much what I expected to be honest, subtext sells, lesbians don't

You could pull a fire emblem and have both

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
speaking of, I like how I can change my ps4 from wifi to ethernet and the speed does not seem to change

this is not a good thing

if I do it on PC there's a huge difference

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm finally getting a full blown Vita and not a Playstation TV and I'm really excited! Are there any top games that are Vita only and not on TV that I should look for? Any specific games that I should throw to the top of the list to play (anything within Vita's library).

I've got a hour and a half train ride round trip to work every day so I get all of the gaming time with the Vita now...super looking forward to it! :getin:. The 3DS is alright but it's looking incredibly outdated at this point.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Kirios posted:

I'm finally getting a full blown Vita and not a Playstation TV and I'm really excited! Are there any top games that are Vita only and not on TV that I should look for? Any specific games that I should throw to the top of the list to play (anything within Vita's library).

I've got a hour and a half train ride round trip to work every day so I get all of the gaming time with the Vita now...super looking forward to it! :getin:. The 3DS is alright but it's looking incredibly outdated at this point.

Gravity Rush and Tearaway are your two big ones.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lets hang out posted:

It's their stab at the senran kagura thing. It plays like ps2-era dynasty warriors but worse. Every part of it feels extremely cheap. It's not good.
I guess that's the closest way to explain it, but don't let people think that if they like SK or DW that they're gonna like this. Even the completionist type that I have on my Twitch favorites who plays all the JRPGs seemed annoyed by the combat and just wanted to raise his monsters or whatever.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kirios posted:

Trails of Cold Steel.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Detheros posted:

Trails of Cold Steel.

That works on pstv iirc. Exclusives are like Uncharted

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

YO EUROPE GOT XCOM VITA OUT OF NOWHERE

http://gematsu.com/2016/03/xcom-enemy-unknown-plus-ps-vita-bully-manhunt-ps4-now-available-uk

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
Can anyone with Resistance hop on and help with the multiplayer trophy? We're waiting on Team Death Match small. Thanks!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

What the gently caress

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
I want to play the Atelier games but I don't want to play a new one before I beat Rorona. The thing is I can't work up the energy to do it. Is the remake so much better that I'll be able to summon the strength to finish it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

macfam posted:

I want to play the Atelier games but I don't want to play a new one before I beat Rorona. The thing is I can't work up the energy to do it. Is the remake so much better that I'll be able to summon the strength to finish it?

Plus makes it into an actually good game yes, but if you're playing the Vita version it's already the plus one.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

No Enemy Within content, I guess? At least the price isn't terrible, AUD$30.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

macfam posted:

Original Rorona is incredibly far behind even Totori, let alone the Dusk trilogy. Do yourself a favour and move up because the only plot you're missing is extremely perfunctory and explained later anyways.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

kirbysuperstar posted:

No Enemy Within content, I guess? At least the price isn't terrible, AUD$30.

According to the trophies, it's included.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

RadicalR posted:

According to the trophies, it's included.

Oh, well nevermind then. Yeah that's pretty alright.

oblomov
Jun 20, 2002

Meh... #overrated

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh, well nevermind then. Yeah that's pretty alright.

I wonder if its going to come out in NA on Tuesday. That would be pretty alright if performance is decent.

thorsilver
Feb 20, 2005

You have never
been at my show
You haven't seen before
how looks the trumpet

What the gently caress??

Just checked and NeoGAF has a couple people who've already downloaded and played it, apparently it's graphically a bit chunky (not surprising) and runs similar to the PS3 port, i.e., a bit pokey and load-timey here and there but totally playable. References are made to MEC troopers and so on so Enemy Within content is definitely in.

Screenshots on page 2 of this thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199377

I try to avoid digital-only Vita games but I'm totally going to crack for this one :v: Will wait for more impressions though to check there aren't game-breaking bugs or whatever.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

macfam posted:

just skip to ayesha its got an actual plot and stakes and stuff

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Xcom on the vita? Well gently caress my productivity at work forever.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
There's an interview about Trillion (which is coming out next week), although it's mostly about marketing and localization. This here details what the starting gameplay's like.

Is anyone here playing Aegis of Earth? It's not too bad so far, just starting off with it.

EDIT: A great tragedy just happened. It appears Pier Solar has been cancelled. Oh how we're missing out on the best RPG in decades!

HGH fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Mar 22, 2016

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

HGH posted:

EDIT: A great tragedy just happened. It appears Pier Solar has been cancelled. Oh how we're missing out on the best RPG in decades!

Boy, after it took them two years to get the Dreamcast version out and their main guy bailed? What a shock. Some hot blame shifting for their utter incompetence in anything that isn't feelies, too.

I bought that lovely game twice (first print SMD, Dreamcast KS) I am beyond loving stupid.

e:

quote:

As another user has said, they announced the vita port by posting a picture of their Dev kits on their FB page.. They're full of poo poo.

lmao

kirbysuperstar fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 22, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Why would you buy it again for the Dreamcast if you didn't like the original version?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

Why would you buy it again for the Dreamcast if you didn't like the original version?

1. I'm a loving idiot
2. They promised they'd be fixing it up, which I had hoped meant reducing the absurd encounter rate, rebalancing EXP gains so you levelled up oh I dunno more than once every three hours, toning down the difficulty, etc. But apparently it just meant making the graphics look like a horrible mishmash of 2xSAI rescaled crap and point-resized sprites and uuuuugh I hate myself just thinking about it.
3. I'm a loving idiot

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
The developer in the comments section says it's still coming to Vita.

And his post is upvoted many times, so it must be true. That's how Reddit works, ...right?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Megalixir posted:

The developer in the comments section says it's still coming to Vita.

And his post is upvoted many times, so it must be true. That's how Reddit works, ...right?
No, it's a developer for a completely different game saying that the claim of "no dev kits" is complete bullshit.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

And they apparently already have one Devkit anyway. It's just a very bad excuse instead of being honest about not wanting to port their bad game to a legacy device.

I'm surprised XCOM Vita actually did come out and it's not a fever dream. This port was in talks since like 2013?

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I believed and was rewarded for it. By all accounts the armour textures look bad and the framerate dips as it did on the console, but I can play Atelier games, so I can also play it. Shame for the publisher and the developer, though, for literally no marketing, but I don't particularly care for their bottom line. Canis Canem Edit was also released with no fanfare as the PS2->PS4 game on the very same day, so maybe Sony had just overlooked the news?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I could play bully again

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That article makes it sound like bully is coming to Vita for a second which would be cool. I'd rather play it there than PS4

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Bully was one of my favorite games on PS2, so I'm probably stupid enough to buy it again even though I have it on PC. I would absolutely buy it again for Vita, though.

I hope XCOM comes here, because that's something I would 100% buy on Vita. I gotta stop buying games multiple times.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
XCOM Plus out in the US.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

^^^ what, why you :argh:

Well, of course something good couldn't stay exclusive to Europe for long. XCOM Vita is now up on the US PSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

:gizz: