Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuai
May 25, 2004
any ETA on Delia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Kuai posted:

any ETA on Delia?

Probably before any more revamps, definitely after Lugh Dobbs.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

Lugh Ferrigno is coming tomorrow, incredibly enough:

quote:

Dear Players,

We will be performing a scheduled game update on Thursday, March 10th, 2016 at 6:30 AM PST.

During this period, all servers will be unavailable. We anticipate the maintenance to last approximately 5.5 hours, concluding at around 12:00 PM PST.

- Start and End Time -

Pacific: 6:30 AM - 12:00 PM PST

Eastern: 9:30 AM - 3:00 PM EST

Australia: 1:30 AM - 7:00 AM AEDT (Friday, March 11th, 2016)

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- What -
  • Weekly Server Upkeep
  • Lugh Lamhfada Update
    • Story Update: Season 3 - Chapter 1 - Episode 4
    • New Raid: Lugh Lamhfada
    • Returning Item: St. Patrick's Outfit
    • New Item: Lugh Lamhfada Battle Box
    • New Item: Devil Rune Inner Armor
    • New Event: Easter Egg Event
    • And More!
  • Bug Fixes
Thank you for your patience.
I really should start playing this game again but it's not like my Granado Espada characters can level themselves. Well, I mean, they can, but it's just not the same.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 10, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

As always, the most important thing is new underpants.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

As always, the most important thing is new underpants.
Actually, the most important thing is titles. There's an easy title for doing the Easter egg quest and a hard title for beating Lughie Armstrong.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Actually, the most important thing is titles. There's an easy title for doing the Easter egg quest and a hard title for beating Lughie Armstrong.

This is true and also the underpants are garbage so.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I finally got around to doing some things.

Also, how did we spend so much time making fun of Lugh Lamhfada's name without realizing the Celts named their sword of legend Fragglerock?

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
Thinking of getting into this again, is West still as dead as it was a yearish ago?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Zaras posted:

Thinking of getting into this again, is West still as dead as it was a yearish ago?

It's not dead. It's sleeping.

Anyways, East is the same.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Saint Patrick's Day events, because apparently Vindictus's parallels to Celtic mythology are actually intentional?!?!11

quote:

Vindictus' roots in Celtic Mythology are a source of pride for those here at Nexon, and we're celebrating the arrival of St. Patrick's Day with a pair of events all centered around a very lovely word: Free. Take a look below and hop on this St. Patrick's Day to claim it all!

Free Luck Stones

We're sure you can make your own "Luck of the Irish" jokes here, but we're not kidding around: For 24 hours, all players with a character over Level 20 will be able to purchase 5 Luck Blessing Stones from the Supply Depot for 0 NX! These Blessing Stones boost your chance of getting bonus Evil Cores when used before a battle.
code:
Event Name	St. Patrick's Day Free Luck Stones Event
Event Times	
Pacific: 12:00 PM, March 17 - 12:00 PM, March 18  PDT (UTC-7)
Eastern: 3:00 PM, March 17 - 3:00 PM, March 18 EDT (UTC-4)
Sydney: 6:00 AM, March 18 - 6:00 AM, March 19 AEDT (UTC+11)
What	
Purchase 5x Luck Blessing Stones from the Supply Depot for 0 NX
Notes	
Can only purchase once per account
Requires a Level 20 or higher Character
Free Dye Event

Have you wanted to get your armor to look as colorful as possible? Through Sunday, March 20th, Vindictus is celebrating St. Patrick's Day by making the Random Dye Shop completely free for four hours each day. No limits, no price, no nothing: Change up your gear's primary Dye color for free as many times as you want and get your mercenaries looking their best!
code:
Event Name	St. Patrick's Day Free Dye Event
Event Start	Monday, March 14th, 2016
Event End	Sunday, March 20th, 2016
Event Times	
West Server: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM PDT (UTC-7)
East Server: 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM EDT (UTC-4) / 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM PDT (UTC-7)
Australian Server: 6:00 PM - 10:00 PM AEDT (UTC+11) / 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM PDT (UTC-7)
Event runs March 15th - March 21st, Australia Time
What	
Dye Shop fees reduced to 0 Gold
Notes	
Does not affect Clodagh or Avatar Dye Ampoules
Can only dye equipped Gear items
I think these events are unimpressive. If you want to celebrate St. Patrick's day properly, how about commemorating the driving of the pay-to-win snakes out of Nexon America by giving us lots of free runes?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

I think it's safe to say that they forgot about this holiday.

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
Oof, the jump in difficulty from S1 to S2 is steeper than I remember. May just be that I'm about 71 still using an non-upgraded level 60 weapon and equipment. :v:

Season 3 starts at level 75, from what I can tell? Feels like S2 stuff gives a shitton of exp anyway.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Zaras posted:

Oof, the jump in difficulty from S1 to S2 is steeper than I remember. May just be that I'm about 71 still using an non-upgraded level 60 weapon and equipment. :v:

Season 3 starts at level 75, from what I can tell? Feels like S2 stuff gives a shitton of exp anyway.
It's good that S2 gives lots of exp because 70-79 is now a terrible purgatory where nobody competent will help you level up. Strong players would rather do S2 80-90 or Season 3 and not even advertising in megaphone chat is guaranteed to fill your boat. Your best bet until 75 is to keep doing S1 raids for drops and Seals of Bravery, or S2 dungeons (on Easy if you're solo) for drops and exp. Once you hit 75... well, you're still stuck with S2 mostly, but you can start doing Muir to sell the paradise enhancement stones he drops. That gives some money for gear.

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.

ArchWizard posted:

It's good that S2 gives lots of exp because 70-79 is now a terrible purgatory where nobody competent will help you level up. Strong players would rather do S2 80-90 or Season 3 and not even advertising in megaphone chat is guaranteed to fill your boat. Your best bet until 75 is to keep doing S1 raids for drops and Seals of Bravery, or S2 dungeons (on Easy if you're solo) for drops and exp. Once you hit 75... well, you're still stuck with S2 mostly, but you can start doing Muir to sell the paradise enhancement stones he drops. That gives some money for gear.

Hmm, okay. Applied to the west guild at any rate, name's the same as here.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Don't be ashamed to hit ship graveyard or TD and drop out half way through when you solo. It's still a lot of exp and stuff. Check the boards for people running the quest version of the dungeons, they are much shorter, but the bosses I think are slightly harder, they give a ton of exp.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Alienware Arena is giving away free VVIP keys. You have to register so I'm not going to bother. You guys can do it if you want.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The King Kai and Vella revamps are coming.

quote:

April brings another update to Vindictus, and this time it's Kai and Vella's turn to learn some new tricks. This update will also bring anew and improved User Interface, a massive slate of balance changes, bug fixes, other game improvements and more! Read on for all the upcoming changes in the Bow and Blade Update!

The Master Archer Improved

Kai is Vindictus' only purely ranged character, pelting enemies with arrows, bolts and explosives without getting into the messy business of a melee. But just because he's already a lethal warrior doesn't mean he can't learn a few more tricks...

A new Ultimate Ability headlines Kai's newest bow attacks. Deadly Arrow leads Kai to stun his target with a quick strike, leap back for another arrow to soften it up before finishing with a final attack, empowered with as much damage as the archer can manage. He can also take advantage of the Longbow-exclusive Bee Stinger, letting the archer dodge away while charging up a Magnum attack.

Meanwhile, Kai can use his new Crossgun Ultimate Ability, Bunker Buster, to stun his target with a handful of grenades and then use the reprieve to launch as many explosives as he can at his enemy. Bunker Buster is a particularly nasty attack when paired with Kai's new Enhanced Bolt ability, which empowers all of his Explosive attacks. Simple can be best, however, with the new Quick Draw ability that lets Kai fire off Charge abilities while reloading his crossgun.

Two Blades, Even Less Waiting

It's also Vella's turn for a new array of abilities! This lightning-fast warrior has never been lacking in technique, but that's not stopping her from filling in the few holes she has with new abilities in addition to a host of other improvements.

Gale Cutter serves as Vella's newest Twin Sword attack, letting her sling both of her swords forward and chasing after the weapons as they carve through her opponent. It's a powerful attack with a steep SP cost, but Vella has a new way to gain SP as well. Her new Wind Rider ability allows Vella to consume her Blade Heart effect in exchange for a hefty sum of SP, helping her recharge her attacks all the faster.

Chainblades haven't been ignored either as two new SP-consuming attacks are introduced. Blade Dance strikes a nearby foe repeatedly, chaining together up to three sets of strikes before Vella leaps back, clear of the melee. Vella can also unleash a Glacial Strike, consuming the remaining time on her Heart of Ice effect in exchange for one massive strike. But not everything Vella's learned is so flashy: the Blood Fountain ability focuses Vella and suppresses her Heart of Ice state, putting it on hold and ready to return with her next Smash Attack.

New and Improved User Interface

There's more coming than a few new tricks for Vella and Kai, however. The Bow and Blade Update brings a new User Interface to Vindictus with a key new feature: Movable windows. Most menus, windows and HUD elements can be moved around simply by clicking and dragging, giving nearly total freedom in customizing the interface layout to your liking.

All of this, plus new outfits, balance changes, new events, bug fixes, new haircuts and inner armors and so much more arrives this month. Keep your eyes peeled for more information as the Blade and Bow Update approaches!
The only new Vella thing that interests me at all is Blood Fountain. It's pretty annoying to be in a raid like Elchulus or Lakoria and have the boss run off right after I use Heart of Ice. Maybe they dealt with a bunch of the Vella bullshit in the bugfixes...

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Now if only they'd patch that lovely beginning and end of mission music and that part where the score card stops you from fighting those guys still trying to murder you and manage to make the game not dead again.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

The King Kai and Vella revamps are coming.

The only new Vella thing that interests me at all is Blood Fountain. It's pretty annoying to be in a raid like Elchulus or Lakoria and have the boss run off right after I use Heart of Ice. Maybe they dealt with a bunch of the Vella bullshit in the bugfixes...

About fukken time I get my sword revamp I guess it's time to actually play this game again.

Also the sword changes are really good but sword Vella is probably still bad.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Apr 14, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZfFvLKZ9A

I don't know what's going on in this video but I feel compelled to share it.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Obviously it don't matter if you're black or white as long as you hit things with swords.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Today is the fukken day (that I start adding another 5000 hours to my steam time on this bad game) because shiny new swords baby.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The new UI makes me feel weird. Also goddamn now I have to update the OP because the guild button is different now :argh:

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

New thread time? :getin:

Or should we wait for Delia?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

New thread time? :getin:

Or should we wait for Delia?
There are two situations in which we really should make a new thread:
1. A new character comes out
2. Some other major update occurs and someone comes up with a good thread title (No one has ever come up with a good thread title)

So yes, we're waiting for Delia.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I guess I should note that some important events are going on.
- You get a free 1000 AP capsule once you hit level 30 and talk to a Traveler
- You can talk to Gallagher to get a battle where you fight a kobold. The reward for beating the kobold is 3+ "Liar's boxes" that give fake items that can be used like potions, plus a fake beard for da ladies. The reward for completing the quest is a title.
- While logged in, you periodically receive a Character Revamp Spin Ticket. With two, you can spin a prize wheel. The wheel can give runes, Rune Fragments, or worthless crap.
- Rune Fragments can be turned in at the Exchange Shop for runes. 3 for an Enhancement Rune, 5 for a Premium Armor Fusion Rune (lol), 6 for an Enchant Rune, and 8 for a Premium Enchant Rune.

There are also some bug and balance fixes, as predicted. The big ones are:
- Many Fiona skills do more damage or cost less SP
- Staff Evie sucks again. Rage Conductor does less damage and has a longer cooldown. Mana Amber continually uses stamina and passes excess damage to HP when it breaks. Meteor no longer gives SP.
- Lynn is slightly better, with many of her good skills costing less SP and her bad skills being made less bad
- Arisha has lowered defense while Mana Blade is active. It's only 5% but come the gently caress on Arisha's already stupidly fragile. Have some goddamned mercy.
- Double blessing is gone. Not that people were still doing that, but whatevs.
- They "fixed an issue with monster difficulty" in Niflheim and BOATFITE from Ben Chenner Trailhead. I hope that means Niflheim bosses aren't horrible piles of HP any more. Speaking of...
- Lugh Lamhfada has less HP. Heh, more like LUGHSER LAMEFADA am I right
- Dock shops are organized in a less lovely fashion

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Apr 21, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Vellupdate: new crosscut is weird.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Can I get my "coming back" thing on another new character? I'd hate to lose my awesome Dynasty warrior feeling stuff :(

I already rerolled on east and apparently farts is really really dead :(

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Apr 24, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

EbolaIvory posted:

Can I get my "coming back" thing on another new character? I'd hate to lose my awesome Dynasty warrior feeling stuff :(

I already rerolled on east and apparently farts is really really dead :(

Lion Heart is the guild you want on East. Search by guild leader (relocroix) because I think searching by its name is still broken, and whisper Holodeck and I can let you in.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Bakalakadaka posted:

Lion Heart is the guild you want on East. Search by guild leader (relocroix) because I think searching by its name is still broken, and whisper Holodeck and I can let you in.

Great. Thanks man. :)

QTstrong reporting for duty.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 24, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I heard a rumor that Delia is coming to NA in June. I don't know if it's true or even plausible, but it's not like we have anything else to look forward to.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
EDIT:

Not gonna drama the thread up.

Thanks for the guild invite. Not gonna work out. It's not a "casual friendly" place. Def can tell the GM don't like new people.

Anyways. Off casual pub guilds again. Jesus christ people take this game to seriously.

EbolaIvory fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Apr 25, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Really? Was it Trielleh or someone else causing problems? Lion Heart is usually pretty friendly (other than me).

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

Bakalakadaka posted:

Really? Was it Trielleh or someone else causing problems? Lion Heart is usually pretty friendly (other than me).

Zuzu. Actually.

They got upset I /facepalmed them after being grilled for 15 min about who I was, Who invited me, Why I was there, Who my main was. "Random nobody noob goon" wasnt a good enough answer.

Its all good man. I wasnt really expecting to play with anyone honestly anyways. I'm always so far behind the 'standard' of end game on these things it really dont matter.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

EbolaIvory posted:

Zuzu. Actually.

They got upset I /facepalmed them after being grilled for 15 min about who I was, Who invited me, Why I was there, Who my main was. "Random nobody noob goon" wasnt a good enough answer.

Its all good man. I wasnt really expecting to play with anyone honestly anyways. I'm always so far behind the 'standard' of end game on these things it really dont matter.

Ahh ok she's not the guild leader but she's been in forever and can be weird sometimes, she's from Eastern Europe or something. Feel free to hit me up if you need help with stuff or get horribly addicted to this bad game and want a guild later.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Guess who finally managed to beat Muir without getting hit by him? Guess who didn't get Fancy Footwork because at one point Muir laid down so many poison puddles that they were literally unavoidable?

(It's me, I'm the guy who keeps finding new ways for the game to cheat me out of that loving title)

(I'm also the guy who's pissed as poo poo that his Evie has the title because scythe Evie has the best dodge AND doesn't fail the challenge if getting hit doesn't break all of her mana shields)

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Apr 25, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Guess who finally managed to beat Muir without getting hit by him? Guess who didn't get Fancy Footwork because at one point Muir laid down so many poison puddles that they were literally unavoidable?

(It's me, I'm the guy who keeps finding new ways for the game to cheat me out of that loving title)

(I'm also the guy who's pissed as poo poo that his Evie has the title because scythe Evie has the best dodge AND doesn't fail the challenge if getting hit doesn't break all of her mana shields)

I managed to get the title during the event with a sword Vella which was just about the worst but at least I could reflect the puddles.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

I managed to get the title during the event with a sword Vella which was just about the worst but at least I could reflect the puddles.
I've been running Muir on all of my characters to farm paradise stones but screw it every character who needs Fancy Footwork is fighting him on Easy until they get it

gently caress you Muir I'm glad I killed your son

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

I've been running Muir on all of my characters to farm paradise stones but screw it every character who needs Fancy Footwork is fighting him on Easy until they get it

gently caress you Muir I'm glad I killed your son

Easy doesn't make much of a difference if you don't get hit :U.

My dead gay fish son.

E: oh wait I'm thinking of normal not easy.

Bakalakadaka fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Apr 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Easy doesn't make much of a difference if you don't get hit :U.

My dead gay fish son.
Half the time needed to win = Fewer chances to get hit. Also, I just got the title on my Lynn. It wasn't that easy because Muir kept loving around and refusing to position himself correctly for the takedown.

UPDATE: I got the title on my Lynn and Arisha. I did not get it on my Fiona because MUIR loving RAN INTO ME FOR 5 DAMAGE

EAT poo poo MUIR

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 26, 2016