Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011

Hahaha oh my god. Birdie alarm hour!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
A ritual has evolved in my house

We do not cage Skillet and Boo together at night, so in the morning when I uncover their cages I will give them each a little food and let them have their breakfast. Most days, Skillet spends this time serenading Boo while Boo eats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TdM1BomIB8

This will go on until Boo is ready to get out, at which point he will attempt to hercules his way out of his cage by bending the bars. He'll also make a go at the gates, but he hasn't figured out fully how to open them yet, though he's got a few good strategies that are almost on the cusp of making sense so we will probably have to zip tie those. I call this the morning struggle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZL8jzWYEZA

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."

ahaha I looked at some of the other vines and man that bird is rowdy af

Wozbo
Jul 5, 2010

BREAKING NEWS ON CTV.

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

mombot posted:

Is that some type of green cheek?

Blue Throated Conure

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
"Why would you get a birb instead of a dog? Dogs are always happy to see you and will leap all over you to express their delight at your having returned after leaving the room for five minutes!"

said someone who has never had an ecstatic parrot spew on them out of purest unadulterated birb love

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Toast is so over the moon every morning when I wake up and let him out of his cage and every time I come back from grocery shopping :kimchi: He loves expressing his slimy green love for all and sundry.

blackflare
Dec 6, 2004

I am a Purrrfect Princess

I feel like I haven't seen enough toast...

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

khwarezm posted:

I was looking at Gotcha the Cockatoo's instagram account and I noticed that his owner just had a baby! I can't imagine how difficult it must be to look after a newborn and still make sure a crazy cockatoo gets the attention and freedom he needs without biting the fingers off of the little child.

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

blackflare posted:

I feel like I haven't seen enough toast...

That's because he's a jerk who doesn't like staying still for photos :v:

Here are some I haven't posted here:

Blue butt birb

Snoozing in my hair

Fat baby birb

(((z)))

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot. posted:

ahaha I looked at some of the other vines and man that bird is rowdy af

Saw this like 3 videos before that one

https://vine.co/v/iHLEKqTFB2L

"Honey, he got into the meth again..."

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
E X T E N D D I C K T O N G U E

Tea.EarlGrey.Hot.
Mar 3, 2007

"I'd like to get my hands on that fellow Earl Grey and tell him a thing or two about tea leaves."
that is incredibly unnerving :stare:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Uh oh

Toast are you okay...

This looks like a Realistic Drawings of Pokemon. Chocobo on the right is sad because his foot turned into a slug.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Uh oh

Toast are you okay...

This looks like a Realistic Drawings of Pokemon. Chocobo on the right is sad because his foot turned into a slug.

Holy Christ no its like every bird has 2 faces.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Apparently five levels of Deep Dreaming makes it a rare dream!

e: my favourite parts of this rare pepe dream:
Toast's mecha wing
Toast's butt is a fish eating a multi-headed snake
turtle heads coming out of Toast's full crop "I heard there was a party here, what's up!"
capypbara and quadriped mammal with a swan head just chilling on the grass in the lower left hand corner

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Do Androids Dream of Shoggoth Birbs.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
crows what tf are you doing this for

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of creepy things, bird eyes are ok where they are

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Went out grocery shopping and also acquired casuarina cones for Toast. He has decided they are the best thing ever, even better than grape stalks, and must be scattered over my keyboard posthaste.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Quoting myself again

Battle Pigeon posted:

You can zoom in and see the pearl-like markings quite clearly, do all lutinos have those?

Both for a second chance at answer, and because I found a feather today:

I don't want to be all "my trash birb is actually a special snowflake" but isn't that a definite pearl marking? (lovely camera, and much easier to see irl, sorry)

The gentletiel in question right now:

We cleaned the cages out yesterday and came across a bag of sand that Steve came with when we bought him, so dumped it in to see what he thought. He seems pretty happy with it, and as a bonus he can't bury himself in the back corner now like when there were paper towels there.

Ohtori investigated while we were putting in, and was extremely distrusting and didn't like it. Half tempted to put some in Inko's cage, since he sleeps on the floor under paper towels and passes the time before being uncovered by chewing them, and I'm curious what he'd do (REEEEEE) when faced with the sand instead. Speaking of

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Steve has a sandbox :kimchi:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Rosy had the same markings but maybe she was a lutino pearl too so idk :shrug:

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

A month after Zeke died, I stumbled across a Craigslist posting for a bird that wasn't in the best of situations. "I'm just going over to help educate them about proper bird care," I insisted to my coworkers. "I don't need five birds again. It's too soon."

Yeah, that didn't work. Jabari is a super snugglebutt and he and Zoe hate each other with an all-consuming jealous rage. Also, hey guys! Been a while! WHAT'S BEEN UP WITH ALL Y'ALL'S BIRDS?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Official Bizness posted:

Yeah, that didn't work. Jabari is a super snugglebutt and he and Zoe hate each other with an all-consuming jealous rage. Also, hey guys! Been a while! WHAT'S BEEN UP WITH ALL Y'ALL'S BIRDS?
:neckbeard:

What a handsome bird.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
That's a very serious-looking Senegal Parrot there.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Still got the ol' crazy eye though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Tendai posted:

if you look at the picture for long enough you will see his eye twitch.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Tendai posted:

Steve has a sandbox :kimchi:

With toys and seeds sprinkled in! If he doesn't flap it everywhere he might get it semi-regularly as a treat. He leaves little footprints :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Rosy had the same markings but maybe she was a lutino pearl too so idk :shrug:

And Steve is a male, making the pearl part more awkward. At the least he appears to be a pied lutino, can there be such a thing as a male pearl pied lutino?

Official Bizness posted:

A month after Zeke died, I stumbled across a Craigslist posting for a bird that wasn't in the best of situations. "I'm just going over to help educate them about proper bird care," I insisted to my coworkers. "I don't need five birds again. It's too soon."

Going for just a visit was a dangerous game, but I wouldn't say you lost. :3: Like said above, he looks like the world's most Serious Parrot

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

That's a very serious-looking Senegal Parrot there.

He needs an Admirals cap.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Battle Pigeon posted:

Like said above, he looks like the world's most Serious Parrot

And that is rather jarring as soon as he starts acting like a parrot.

artichoke
Sep 29, 2003

delirium tremens and caffeine
Gravy Boat 2k

Official Bizness posted:

Yay! More sennies!

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

He is a very Serious Sennie indeed. He likes to ask me "whatcha doing?" and tells me every morning that I should "let [him] out." He also likes to say hello, preen my eyelids, and TRY TO REGURGITATE FOR ME TO PROVE WHAT AN AMAZINGLY VIRILE AND HELPFUL PROVIDER HE WILL BE FOR OUR CHILDREN.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Tendai posted:

Hey now they don't always look crazy.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

Hey now they don't always look crazy.

I don't know that malevolent is an improvement tbh

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
All the birds always look like they are plotting murder itt except toast, hes plotting ponytail sexytimes

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

All the birds always look like they are plotting murder itt except toast, hes plotting ponytail sexytimes

Amadeus seems pretty happy and non-murderous. He's probably just better at concealing it.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Cmon Teeka doesn't look completely evil here, he's like at least 60% derp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug