Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
wqhats the deal with the "hidden" classes in that pic from last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Squire looks like a lot of fun, but it also looks like the sort of class that if you waste points in it, you're suddenly worthless in PvP and only useful in PvE if you're the only Squire around. How does that end up playing for those 'support' classes?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gibbo posted:

Do Brazilians like cute things?

What is it about RO, gunbound, and now tos that attracts huge numbers from your country?

I don't know much about gunbound. In RO's case it's because it was at the time the best MMO that arrived here. At the time MMOs were getting popular here and paid MMOs were not easy to access. I remember WoW, which came out many years later, to be a chore - most places did not accept our local credit cards and you had to buy the game on eBay and wait 1-5 months for it to be cleared. I bought WoW as soon as it was out and only got to play around the time patch 1.3 was released. So in 2001 when RO's Beta was out there was basically no paid MMO available even if you wanted to pay, people mostly played private UO shards and jumped from bad free MMO to bad free MMO.

Since RO was the first MMO to gain any real traction here among MMO enthusiasts, it was the first MMO to be effectively brought to Brazil with a local server. After that happened a lot of non-enthusiasts got into it. RO being the only game at the time with a local server was massive, it attracted many different crowds. It had probably the weirdest MMO subculture I've ever seen too, by quite a large margin.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 21, 2016

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gibbo posted:

Hey Third World Reggin' , here's a target.

For what? The guy looks normal. Why are you a weirdly obsessive guy.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Secret Spoon posted:

Game looks cool and good, what are the classes that are most sought after for partying?

This game is weird because the class system inundates them with buffs but you can only retain 5 of them at any time. So one of the classes that is most sought out for is the Krivis since they can allow party members to break that limit. I seriously question the logic behind making a full support class just because most classes will have some way of capping out their own buff limit.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This game is weird because the class system inundates them with buffs but you can only retain 5 of them at any time. So one of the classes that is most sought out for is the Krivis since they can allow party members to break that limit. I seriously question the logic behind making a full support class just because most classes will have some way of capping out their own buff limit.

They recently expanded the maximum number of buff slots, and added an attribute available at r5 that gives you one more slot! Also, Pardoners with a circle in Krivis can make Daino scrolls, so if you really need it you can buy it on the AH.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Krivis is not a support class.. It's a caster class with cool supports.

Zaibas is no joke it also is one of the few skills which has the innate INT + dmg. So it scales with your leveling very well and doesn't turn into a class that you used to get somewhere.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Dex useful at all to melee builds? Unless I'm missing like a crit buff or something, the Crit Rate gained from Dex seems really low compared to the raw damage you get from Str.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

forge posted:

Krivis is not a support class.. It's a caster class with cool supports.

Zaibas is no joke it also is one of the few skills which has the innate INT + dmg. So it scales with your leveling very well and doesn't turn into a class that you used to get somewhere.

All skills get INT (or STR) plus their base damage, due to the fact that your (magic) attack is added to the skill's base damage. However, skills that hit more times add their attack on every hit, so yeah, Zaibas is good. Some skills don't scale 1:1, like Oblique Shot or Split Arrow. Those skills list a % in the damage field.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
But with this unlike other skills it's listed int + atk where others only list the atk and don't specifically get modified. So in Zaibas case its (INT + 90) + matk, according to the skill description.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I leveled a krivis in obt that lightning does mad damage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Silhouette Wires posted:

I leveled a krivis in obt that lightning does mad damage

What was your class build

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Drium posted:

Squire looks like a lot of fun, but it also looks like the sort of class that if you waste points in it, you're suddenly worthless in PvP and only useful in PvE if you're the only Squire around. How does that end up playing for those 'support' classes?

You go barbarian and roll your way across the keyboard.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Eonwe posted:

What was your class build

I did the same. Build was: All the points into lightning or things that make me do more lightning.

That was about it, it worked very well except for the ridiculous cooldown.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only

Elentor posted:

Is Dex useful at all to melee builds? Unless I'm missing like a crit buff or something, the Crit Rate gained from Dex seems really low compared to the raw damage you get from Str.

In CBT2 I was fond of 1 str : 4 dex ratio for swordsman. Str gives a flat 1 damage and 1 damage on crits, this is completely linear aside from the fact you get 10% more str when you get a new rank (max 70% more) and any stat gains more and more points as you invest. Dex gives you crit chance, dodge, and accuracy. Critical hits deal 50% extra damage which will increase the base damage on skills, in addition to getting that extra damage from str. You want to be critting as often as possible and dodging most attacks. I'm not sure if people figured out a crit or dodge cap but it requires quite a bit of dex. Str is most useful very early on after you are hit capped (which is easy with small amounts of dex) and quite a bit later once you are critting and dodging most of the time. Note that each mob in the game has its own crit rate resistance so you need more dex to crit certain mobs.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I played a Krivis in the last CBT as well and found it pretty strong, but one of my major gripes with the class is how the gameplay boiled down to casting my one or two strong nuke spells and then waiting for them to cooldown. It was bad enough that I don't think I would want to play one again. I remember a lot of people giving feedback about how boring waiting for spell cooldowns is, particularly in contrast to something like a Barbarian where you just hop around and slam dunk things with autoattacks.

Did this ever get tuned or are mages still all about waiting for cooldowns?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Did anyone play this from Aus/NZ with any measure of success? I heard the beta was an insane laggy mess so I am kinda hesitant to throw much cash down on early access if it'll be only playable by NA/Europe.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Luceid posted:

Did anyone play this from Aus/NZ with any measure of success? I heard the beta was an insane laggy mess so I am kinda hesitant to throw much cash down on early access if it'll be only playable by NA/Europe.

That was mostly a server issue, not so much a latency one. I have to assume they fixed those issues by now.

If the server is in the same place as last time, it'll be in the Virginia Amazon datacenter, which is about as well connected to EU as you can get in the US.

My ISP has a direct peer to AWS so I don't even have to deal with poo poo like Level3 or Telia to get there, so I'm plenty happy with their choice of hosting.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
So was the Templar thing a joke, or do you legit need to be a Templar to start a guild?

I find this fascinating and amazing if it's true.

Also, I plan on playing full on support cleric -> Plague Doctor when the game releases. Who's looking for a leveling buddy?

I swear I have something knocking around between my ears, sometimes.

Anyone from the CBT/kOBT who wouldn't mind looking at a few builds I'm tossing around in the simulator?

Cheers fellow knerds.

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

So was the Templar thing a joke, or do you legit need to be a Templar to start a guild?

I find this fascinating and amazing if it's true.

Also, I plan on playing full on support cleric -> Plague Doctor when the game releases. Who's looking for a leveling buddy?

I swear I have something knocking around between my ears, sometimes.

Anyone from the CBT/kOBT who wouldn't mind looking at a few builds I'm tossing around in the simulator?

Cheers fellow knerds.

no joke on the templar thing, rank 7 character ~lvl 225 needed to make a guild, and guild leader can only be transferred to another templar
join us in discord for build discussion!

teknologik
Jul 24, 2006

Write it, cut it,
paste it, save it
So do you get to choose which clothes you want to wear based on the classes in your build? I'm guessing other then hats/face armor is not displayed graphically.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

teknologik posted:

So do you get to choose which clothes you want to wear based on the classes in your build? I'm guessing other then hats/face armor is not displayed graphically.

You can also wear armbands, and there are a few outfits in the TP shop.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You can pick a single class outfit of a class you have unlocked to wear.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
80 classes and not a single one that can summon bees to attack my enemies or otherwise use weaponized bees such as a bee canon. Why even bother?

auzuguwu
Oct 30, 2011

Comrayn posted:

80 classes and not a single one that can summon bees to attack my enemies or otherwise use weaponized bees such as a bee canon. Why even bother?

thats a rank 10 secret class you need c3 druid to unlock

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Comrayn posted:

Wugushi C3 lets you turn defeated enemies into weaponized beez when you defeat enemies.

See "Jincan Goo" in their C3 tree.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Wugushi C3 lets you turn defeated enemies into weaponized beez when you defeat enemies.

See "Jincan Goo" in their C3 tree.

They easily could have made this a bee blow dart but didn't. Looks like I'll take my business elsewhere.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat, it feels like I really want to grind poo poo in a game right now but the game isn't out yet. IMC what are you doing, this week would have been great to release the game.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat, it feels like I really want to grind poo poo in a game right now but the game isn't out yet. IMC what are you doing, this week would have been great to release the game.

I'm sure someone is in Virginia right now smacking the servers with a baseball bat to get them ready for the hoard that will be descending upon them next Tuesday.

Also, whoa man I finally got around to catching up on this thread and man I missed a lot of ups and downs apparently. Was interesting seeing the evolution of the game and the elements that pissed people off / hyped people up though.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Mar 23, 2016

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
Having this game show up on Steam right at the start of spring break only to find out it wouldn't really open for 10 more days loving sucked

Also, any idea yet about server numbers, or where goons are gonna congregate? Didn't spot anything in the OP.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
not really much of a plan atm. but you could jump in the discord mentioned in the op and chat about outfits

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Silento will update the thread once there is a server picked. He said that a few pages back again.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat, it feels like I really want to grind poo poo in a game right now

You should have a Doctor check that out, just to be safe.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Is the pre-load sitting in anyone elses Steam download panels and refusing to either download or leave? Is this a normal thing? I've never actually pre-loaded a game before.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

The game was considered "out" but got changed to a preload, I think it has to do with that

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Nettle Soup posted:

Is the pre-load sitting in anyone elses Steam download panels and refusing to either download or leave? Is this a normal thing? I've never actually pre-loaded a game before.

This is what preloading looks like on Steam, yes. If you're on Win7 (maybe higher?) and have your Steam task bar filled up like it's downloading something forever, restart your Steam client and that should fix the display for you.

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
So out of curiosity, is anyone currently planning to roll Squire at all? I've heard it's a popular choice for guild leaders to go squire/squire/templar for their last three ranks.

I'm very very strongly considering something like a sword/sword/barb/barb/squire/squire/squire build, max out weapon enhancement, but if someone else is musing squire already it might be superfluous.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

As far as I know, no one on Discord has said a thing about Squire.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I am pleased to announce that I, strong bird, the world's strongest bird, will be the Guild Leader of this Forums Guild, in the game 'Tree of Savior'. Someone, please make the Wiki. I am delegating this responsibility, as all good leaders do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Squire is a bad class and the reason people take it on templar is because templar is also a bad class and they just want an alt to make a guild then vend repairs in town. Neither actually do anything in terms of killing things or helping other people kill things.

• Locked thread