Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

rabidsquid posted:

"I would play Enchantress if I could swing for over one damage a turn" you loving poser you don't deserve to play Enchantress

Fucker I've used Helm of Obedience until I hit my opponent's Tidespout Tyrant and bounced his board with the engine, you preppy bastard.

I've burned though an Empyreal Archangels and windmill-slammed Emrakul. I'm a true goff. You probably don't even know who MCR are!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
The best part is that the answer to that cryptolith thing was "Nahiri the Harbinger" but they did such a bad job with it that they have been tweeting about the clues and posters all day so someone will finally get it even though they revealed the Nahiri card a week ago

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Trying to find good blocks with Nahiri's Machinations on the table seems like a nightmare.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Is there high-res art of the SoI dual lands anywhere? That Foreboding Ruins art is so good.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Wonder if those enchantments with enemy-colored activated ability costs are part of a cycle

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

There are quite a lot of uncommon "engine" enchantments around, probably for delirium reasons. I count 5 (Nahiri's Machinations, Trail of Evidence, Ongoing Investigation, Call the Bloodline, Ulvenwald Mysteries).

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

nahiri's machinations is a weird loving card

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Elyv posted:

nahiri's machinations is a weird loving card

Seems busted for limited at uncommon

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's balanced a bit by doing nothing on defense.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Trying to find good blocks with Nahiri's Machinations on the table seems like a nightmare.

Yea that card looks pretty busted for limited. Gonna cause some terminal cases of the feelbads.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Cards like that are kind of a bummer. I don't mind getting smashed by a great card as much as I do having to agonize over combat math every turn because of a weird card.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Terrible Horse posted:

Cards like that are kind of a bummer. I don't mind getting smashed by a great card as much as I do having to agonize over combat math every turn because of a weird card.

The upside is you'll probably run into a few opponents running this card who also can't do math

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Skyl3lazer posted:

Surprising nobody, it turns out the cryptoliths were made by Nahiri. There's two new cards as well

That thing is gonna be a paaaain in the aaaass when you're on the defensive against a RW aggro deck in limited. Remember how good Rix Maadi Guildmage was in RTR? And this is easier to get multiple activations out of.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Every day of new spoilers continues to build my hype for the Gitrog Toad. Where is :frog:, Wizards?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

It's balanced a bit by doing nothing on defense.

Kill your creature on defense to prevent lifelink.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Archenteron posted:

Every day of new spoilers continues to build my hype for the Gitrog Toad. Where is :frog:, Wizards?

We don't have a green mythic yet

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Archenteron posted:

Also Skin Invasion?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Boco_T posted:

The best part is that the answer to that cryptolith thing was "Nahiri the Harbinger" but they did such a bad job with it that they have been tweeting about the clues and posters all day so someone will finally get it even though they revealed the Nahiri card a week ago

Thank god those evil leakers didn't ruin WotC's carefully-laid plans by previewing cards out of order!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I just found the answer to my own question, I think. The Innistrad Story page, which updates wednesdays(?) has as the greyscale silhouette for Part 4: Sacrifice... a scaly thing with an arm hanging out of it.

quote:

Miles from Stensia, in the Nephalian highlands, something crawls to the surface of dark Lake Zhava.
:getin:

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Many miles away
there's a shadow on the door
of a cottage on the shore
of a dark Nephalian lake

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I'm really hoping it's just a super pushed chub toad.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The entire story better be from the toad's perspective.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

you have been visited by the gitrog toad. good lilypads and flies will come to you, but only if you reply 'thanks mr toad' to this post.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Thanks Mr. Toad

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

sarmhan posted:

you have been visited by the gitrog toad. good lilypads and flies will come to you, but only if you reply 'thanks mr toad' to this post.

:frog: get ye gone

er I mean thanks mr :frog:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

thank mr frog

please have Bushido 20 :getin:

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

If it is the rumoured 20/20 vanilla Mythic, I feel like 6GG is a casting cost that would keep it out of good Constructed decks while still making it the terror of the kitchen table.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSoRvOFfR30

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Mar 22, 2016

Alaan
May 24, 2005

That is kind of the most amazing enchantment I've seen in a while.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

That's goddamn great.

Also how many things are there 13 of in the art?...

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Oh my god I love that card.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Wow that's the best.

E: who will be beaten 13 times

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I want so badly for someone to tie the game with Triskaideckaphobia on a feature match in officialc coverage.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Can't wait for Saffron Olive to try to pronounce that when he inevitably does an Against the Odds on it.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Well this is officially the coolest card ever printed and I hope that it's somehow constructed playable. Even if it's only as the worst sideboard card ever against control decks.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Entropic posted:

That's goddamn great.

Also how many things are there 13 of in the art?...

I count 13 logs, 13 shards of glass, 13 kitchen utensils, 13 nails in the barrel, 13 stones around the fireplace, 13 boards on the wall and 13 for the floor; but only 11 drops of blood.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There's definitely 13 drops of blood, there's more on the right.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Gridlocked posted:

I count 13 logs, 13 shards of glass, 13 kitchen utensils, 13 nails in the barrel, 13 stones around the fireplace, 13 boards on the wall and 13 for the floor; but only 11 drops of blood.

I got 13 drops of blood. Two in the shadows above the fireplace, and to the right of the fireplace/left of the window, one drop continues a bit further down before splitting into two.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
There's both 13 stones in the arch around the fireplace and 13 stones in the rest of the hearth around that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I hope there's 13 of 13 different things

• Locked thread