Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Jotaro's $200 pair of pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

I would think about wearing the waffleshirt over a full shirt. I'm not fashionable enough to go full waffle, despite my name.

fashion is an attitude, friend

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Josefumi has really nice shoes, too; somebody tell me what kinda shoes those are. Are they Bally.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They're baller

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Man of the cloth
And also the Gucci.
Father Gucci.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

I don't care how stressed you are, there's no excuse for ever mistaking an even number for being prime.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Naerasa posted:

I don't care how stressed you are, there's no excuse for ever mistaking an even number for being prime.

tbf there were frogs on his $800 pants.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

tbf there were frogs on his $800 pants.

Also not a prime number. Shameful.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.
Didn't know being a prison chaplain paid that good money. Guess Pucci had to live up to his namesake in some way.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Right on.

I respect Fripp so I don't want him to sue Araki for making money with his band name and being subjected to Araki's stand 「THE TRUE MAN’S WORLD」with the power of all stands, past or future, with the gift of eternal good looks and cuteness.

He's an curmudgeon, but not enough of an rear end in a top hat to sue, hopefully. I don't know if any musician has actually tried to sue Jojo either.

That makes me wonder, are there any other musicians that are aware of them being referenced in Jojo? I do remember some rumour that Vanilla Ice knew about it and thought the whole deal as funny, but I don't know anything more.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
There's this at least

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Man, almost a year since the gross murder of the best man of all time on national TV :(

At least we have the best part anime to make up for it in JUST UNDER TWO WEEKS

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Man, almost a year since the gross murder of the best man of all time on national TV :(

Aww, Josuke, you finally came around on Kakyoin! Bless your heart.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kakyoin is good

at dying like a wuss

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
11 days until Josuke shoves a knife inside some mugger dude and the instrumental of All Star starts playing.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Turtle Polnareff, second-in-command of the Stand Mafia.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I'd like to think Joseph at some point decided to use Hermit Purple to see what Turtle Polnareff was doing and got a picture of him swimming in a toilet.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's probable that the OP and ED aren't in episode 1, honestly.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'd like to think Joseph at some point decided to use Hermit Purple to see what Turtle Polnareff was doing and got a picture of him swimming in a toilet.

2 Ponareffs??!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

It's probable that the OP and ED aren't in episode 1, honestly.

i figured it might at least have the ED. not having an OP is very likely, though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, OP won't be there for sure, but I think it's possible for the ED to be there, though it's also likely it won't. Can't wait to see what happens or not!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It was for PB, it wasn't for SDC. BT doesn't really count because they consider it season 1.
Egypt had both OP and ED

So the takeaway is that Caesar is a dork and that nothing can really be read into anything.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 21, 2016

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'd prefer an OP and ED, because the not knowing is killing me more than missing 2~4 minutes of introductory stuff that i've already read anyway

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It took till Episode 3 for us to see Part 3's ED, but The Bangles were name dropped on the anime site and everyone realized it would be Walk Like An Egyptain so maybe keep looking there after Episode 1 drops I guess?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I care less about "oh, they picked that song" than I do about what visuals they match it with. The OP/ED animations have all been great (although yes, awesome music *is* a big part of that. SONO CHI NO SADAME).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Man, I'm so pumped for the animations now that you mention it, I hadn't read any JoJo when Stardust Crusaders started, so this'll be the first JoJo where I know what all the references from the OP actually mean while every other week discovering some more. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Happy 4th "Reached Heaven and killed all Joestars" anniversary, Enrico!

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Pucci, in fact the greatest sinner of all

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

pucci did nothing wrong

if it weren't for him we would have never gotten steel ball run

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When are they gonna get to Cape Canaveral?!

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

one panel, just a single panel, of giorno and mista hanging out in disney land

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
where the gently caress is mista

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
So, JJCA recently released three new chapters of Vento Aureo.

This time on Jojo:
Giorno pulls a classic prank

Buccellati reads a newspaper article about Mista and jumps immediately to some conclusions

Ghiaccio is angry about words

In the original script, Ghiaccio rants about a Japanese figure of speech which has the literal meaning of "digging up roots and leaves." So, if you were wondering what the afterword of Purple Haze Feedback was all about, there's your answer.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
doesn't ghiacco have some words about the gang not understanding french or some poo poo in the bad translation?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Ghiaccio complaining about anything is the best.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
Oh boy, Mista's backstory, ahhh. :allears:

Thank you DD for all that you do.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Pomp posted:

doesn't ghiacco have some words about the gang not understanding french or some poo poo in the bad translation?

We still have a chapter or two until that happens. If you're that curious to find out what he's saying, I already had this lying around so here you go.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Daxing Dan posted:

We still have a chapter or two until that happens. If you're that curious to find out what he's saying, I already had this lying around so here you go.

One, that's a remarkable difference between translations, two, your work is very much appreciated because I tried reading ahead on the old scans and it's just suffering.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Every time you guys update, I get really excited about Part 5 which is a very new and exciting concept to me.

Bless ya'll, you're doing God's work.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
"How the gently caress did you get your license?"
"Mista I'm literally 15 years old."