Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Vargs posted:

hell naw

:unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Naw u right u right

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rodyle posted:

I'd sooner reply PH than LBW

E: in fact outside of the boat stuff I liked PH

Grats on giving your credibility a loving viking funeral with this post

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

And basically all of your other posts

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

okay

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Zelda is serious business.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

PiedPiper posted:

Zelda is serious business.

People getting pretty heated over a boy in a green tunic

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ruggington posted:

Grats on giving your credibility a loving viking funeral with this post

He did that long ago

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

DumbparameciuM posted:

People getting pretty heated over a boy in a green tunic

The red tunic is better.

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Woolie sold me on the Xbox One Elite controller and I bought one. gently caress. At least they're only US$100 here. If it sucks I can always sell them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What the gently caress bootleg torrents did pat download to pronounce cai silia.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Matt, I don't know how serious you are about Treasure Week but here's some quick info you might find useful:

-Treasure made a few non-handheld fighting games: there's a 4-player Yu Yu Hakusho games for Megadrive, a 4-player Power Stone-ish game with paper-doodle characters for PSX called Rakugaki Showtime, as well as one of several Bleach games for Wii (I forget the name but it was a 3D Naruto-style game). They even made a Tiny Toons fighting game for PS2 using the Rakugaki systems that was completed but never released, but the ISO's out there and fully playable.

-Gunstar Heroes has unlimited continues and takes about an hour to clear; having two players makes certain sections easier but it doesn't make a huge difference as far as time is concerned. Normal difficulty should be perfectly doable without too many hurdles, but if you want to see the bosses in their entirety you have to play expert mode. (You can't see all seven forms of Seven Force in normal, for example.)

-Guardian Heroes XBLA has two different modes: the normal mode which plays like it did on Saturn and a remix mode that rebalances all the characters and enemy AI and adds lots of modern systems like airdashes and A-B-C combos (as well as dialogue skipping). I much prefer the remix mode but the AI can be pretty ruthless, so if you decide to play it blind you definitely shouldn't go above default difficulty. I wanna say it'll take under an hour to play a full game but there are quite a few branching paths that can lengthen the game or just make it harder so it's hard to really guess how long a blind clear might take.

It also has a 12-player versus mode that lets you play as every character/enemy in the game and has an insane Smash-esque level of customisation, but you have to unlock all the characters by meeting and/or killing them in the main game so it'll take some work to build up the roster.

-The original Sin & Punishment is pretty long for an arcade-ish game (an hour if you're good, quite a bit longer if you're not), pretty tough and has limited continues, so it'll definitely take some practice; again, boss patterns and other elements change on harder difficulties. There is a co-op option but it just lets one person move and one person aim/shoot. (S&P2 has unlimited continues and saves after every stage but it's even longer, like 3.5 hours if you have a decent grasp of the game. Co-op doesn't add a second player, just a second reticule.)

-Mischief Makers is definitely not something you'll beat in a single playthrough - it's not as arcadey as their other sidescrollers and there are more story elements and so on, so it'd probably take about as long as Astro Boy did.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 23, 2016

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

That's a lot of awesome info about Treasure games.

Saudi Prince confirmed for Zaibatsu fan, Nelo shot up to 87% funded.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So Telltale were announcing the release date for Minecraft Story Mode Episode 5, and guess what? They also announced it'll in fact be 8 episodes long!

Woohoo, 7 extra podcasts!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
and walking dead 3 because Someone Has To Stop Telltale

nikochansan
Feb 11, 2014

HGH posted:

They also announced it'll in fact be 8 episodes long!

Woohoo, 7 extra podcasts!

What the gently caress
The action better escalate the gently caress up then, because TFtBL got loving crazy in 4-5 episodes

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Good Job Woolie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie needs to stop being allowed to pick games

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Baal posted:

Woolie needs to stop being allowed to pick games

Yeah. Oh well.

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Minecraft Story Mode is a gift and I hope the despair is even deeper than Naruto by the end

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

code:
                            [...]
[Make more Minecraft Episodes] [Don't make more Minecraft Episodes] 
                        [Ask the Pig]

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWufEJ1Ava0&feature=youtu.be

I've been waiting for this pain

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

It's actually coming out, what.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

31st!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Well if you wanted a WiiU, wait a few months because Nintendo is gonna stop making them forever soon and then buy it off cheap.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Hyper light drifter will never come out you can't make me believe this trailer until the game is in my steam library :colbert:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

HOLY poo poo THE GAME IS COMING OUT IN A WEEK AND A HALF!!

Been wondering what the gently caress happened to the game! I'm so glad to ehar this news!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

That Deus Ex walkthrough has got me thinking lately. Even without an ancient conspiracy, would there still be massive segregation/race wars over augmented vs normal people?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Grouchio posted:

That Deus Ex walkthrough has got me thinking lately. Even without an ancient conspiracy, would there still be massive segregation/race wars over augmented vs normal people?

Considering the reception of google glass the early augmentations would be laughed out of development

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Will humans ever stop trying to put a class division in some fashion?

no.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Grouchio posted:

It would probably be like smartphones, which is to say they'd be a status symbol for a decade or so, until 80% of the populace is augmented, at least a little. Probably mostly neural and ocular implants and dick enlargements.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

hoobajoo posted:

It would probably be like smartphones, which is to say they'd be a status symbol for a decade or so, until 80% of the populace is augmented, at least a little. Probably mostly neural and ocular implants and dick enlargements.

If augmentation ever becomes a thing, it will be because of dick-related things.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

a mechanical apartheid

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I wonder if augments could aid neglected parts of my autism-riddled brain?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rodyle posted:

a mechanical apartheid

That's the name of my Japanese rap/rock band

We're headlining for Soul'd Out and Aryan Resurrection

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I still kind of can't believe how hard they're doubling down for Divided

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I wonder if augments could aid neglected parts of my autism-riddled brain?

I want augs that allow me to post more freely and rapidly

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

hoobajoo posted:

I don't know man. Do you remember the outcry when the filthy Android users got Instagram?

E: It keeps bugging me how Pat refers to "panzers" as a slur for augs is DX:HR. They're only ever called "hanzers", though I have no idea what it's supposed to be slang for.

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 22, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Ruggington posted:

I want augs that allow me to post more freely and rapidly

i'm suddenly anti-augs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

My posting is augmented