Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Someone should tell him to be nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

He was probated for calling someone a child

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Someone should tell him to be nice

I think the mods did.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I do think whoever said it earlier got it right about this perhaps being the season the media turned on Are Lewis. Sky commentary had some comment about attending fashion shows and partying all off season, and called him 'one of the great all time talents' or similar, but added 'I know many of you at home might disagree, but that's my opinion' (both paraphrased)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They've already decided on Max as their next darling.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

track day bro! posted:

He was definitely not buttcaremad at all telling everyone to shut up and calling everyone an idiot every five seconds. He was insanely calm.

I know I'll miss him and his highest quality shitposting. :911:

1500quidporsche posted:

I think the mods did.

:golfclap:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It falls to me to pick up the slack and make brutal personal attacks on Learnincurve.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Someone has to do it - so who better than The Professor Of Posting? I bid you luck on this journey of sperging and hatred.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

track day bro! posted:

He was definitely not buttcaremad at all telling everyone to shut up and calling everyone an idiot every five seconds. He was insanely calm.
Same, I've always regarded the dudes that make three or four expletive-filled consecutive posts at the drop of a hat as the chillest posters. The voices of reason, you might say.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Alain Post posted:

It falls to me to pick up the slack and make brutal personal attacks on Learnincurve.

Thank you for your service to our country.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Alain Post posted:

Chilton? Understandable, he's already tearing up the IndyCar race finisher lists

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
James Allison's wife reportedly died suddenly today from meningitis yikes.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I might be extremely stupid, but with the seemingly chaotic security situation in Europe, do you guys think any European rounds would be affected in some way? I'm giving a large window for what "affected" could mean.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

simplefish posted:

I do think whoever said it earlier got it right about this perhaps being the season the media turned on Are Lewis. Sky commentary had some comment about attending fashion shows and partying all off season, and called him 'one of the great all time talents' or similar, but added 'I know many of you at home might disagree, but that's my opinion' (both paraphrased)

the press to love building someone up and destroying them, yet they lionise the partying of james hunt?

Lewis is a throwback to the drivers of old who would go out all night, drink champagne, bang some models and then go racing the next day.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

George Zimmer posted:

I might be extremely stupid, but with the seemingly chaotic security situation in Europe, do you guys think any European rounds would be affected in some way? I'm giving a large window for what "affected" could mean.

The first European round is 2 months away. I'd imagine there will be higher security, but I can't see any races being cancelled. F1 isn't important enough to be a target, honestly.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Alain Post posted:

It's Jollyon.

and with good reason, he's a fine outstanding young man and his dad is the new papa smurf.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Played the Formula D boardgame last night with a few friends, we did the basic race around Monaco and had a blast. If you have a chance to play with a few friends and enjoy boardgames, give it a try, definitely thumbs up.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tsaedje posted:

The first European round is 2 months away. I'd imagine there will be higher security, but I can't see any races being cancelled. F1 isn't important enough to be a target, honestly.

all the cool terrorists will be bombing the hell out of the European championship in france this summer anyway

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

JFairfax posted:

all the cool terrorists will be bombing the hell out of the European championship in france this summer anyway

Hell, they could do a cool run on bombing at Monaco then.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hopefully the terrorists don't target the most symbolically European of all races in Baku Azerbaijan

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Boreain and Abby Dabby are bigger targets imho

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Kilonum posted:

Boreain and Abby Dabby are bigger targets imho

Not in Europe son

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Apparently Alonso's engine, gearbox and chassis survived the crash somehow, I still don't think McLaren are gonna use them again.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

El Hefe posted:

Apparently Alonso's engine, gearbox and chassis survived the crash somehow, I still don't think McLaren are gonna use them again.

The only way I can see that happening is if the engine cut before he rolled. Even then I'm sure it's not healthy to have all the coolant leak out immediately after the engine is cut.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The media is poo poo. "ISIS" are pissed at the French not Europe in general, and it's a very specific set of people out for revenge and their motivation has nothing to do with ISIS' political aims. A few years ago the French turned a blind eye when racists kept setting fire to slum buildings in Paris which had 18 people living in one bedroom flats and loads of kiddies burned to death. Now they are SHOCKED that ISIS would recruit the relations of these murdered people living in Belgium and France and that they might be out for blood. If they are going to bomb anywhere then it will be hockenheim if their past actions are anything to go by.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

learnincurve posted:

It's Jollyon.

and with good reason, he's a fine outstanding young man and his dad is the new papa smurf.

Max (not Are Max, Race Finisher Extraordinaire) was last seasons pick of the litter, but he isn't British. He won't be turned on, but the main attraction for commentators this season will be a certain Mr Palmer

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

learnincurve posted:

The media is poo poo. "ISIS" are pissed at the French not Europe in general, and it's a very specific set of people out for revenge and their motivation has nothing to do with ISIS' political aims. A few years ago the French turned a blind eye when racists kept setting fire to slum buildings in Paris which had 18 people living in one bedroom flats and loads of kiddies burned to death. Now they are SHOCKED that ISIS would recruit the relations of these murdered people living in Belgium and France and that they might be out for blood. If they are going to bomb anywhere then it will be hockenheim if their past actions are anything to go by.

How does ISIS feel about Jean Todt?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I, for one, hope ISIS puts a bomb on Verstappen's trailer.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
We need Big Pastor there to carry innocents away from danger in case of an attack imo

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

keevo posted:

How does ISIS feel about Jean Todt?

He's French so they hate him. ISIS hating all French people is a good rule of thumb to follow. Note how the attacks in foreign countries the media rarely report on, because who cares about Africa and the middle east, are mostly in former French colonies.

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

learnincurve posted:

Okay, now I actually am missing Wicka.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

I'm Crap posted:

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

I'm Crap posted:

Fine. Let's laugh at red bull. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricciardo-not-far-off-leaders-in-melbourne-681508/

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

:yikes:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

learnincurve posted:

I hope ISIS bomb your posting.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

learnincurve posted:

:barf:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

Erhhh.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like the French.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I've changed my mind, wicka was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU