Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
If only America had a literal HITLER they could elect into office to bomb the poo poo out of ISIS and take their oil... If only...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Xenophon posted:

From Ted Cruz's official statement re: Brussels:

Jesus. Hillary's response is looking better and better in comparison.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Xenophon posted:

Cruz came for my sajjaeda, but it was Trump that leveled the walls of my heart.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Laphroaig posted:

"Terrorists have [once again / null] struck at the heart of [Location], but their campaign of hate and fear will not succeed. The people of [Place], of [Location], and of the world will not be intimidated by these vicious killers. Today Americans stand in solidarity with our [Location] allies. Our thoughts and prayers are with the families of those killed and wounded, and all the people of [Place]. These terrorists seek to undermine the democratic values that are the foundation of our alliance and our way of life, but they will never succeed. Today's attacks will only strengthen our resolve to stand together as allies and defeat terrorism and radical jihadism around the world."

"my fellow americans, when i am elected president, i will use my executive powers to immediately pass an executive action that outlaws ISIS and radical islam world-wide. i will begin bombing ISIS with nuclear armaments within five minutes of taking the oath of office" - trump

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

DaveWoo posted:

Jesus. Hillary's response is looking better and better in comparison.

lol no it isn't

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

mike12345 posted:

make it sound more heartfelt, and not like a replicant's dream of electric sheep. that tweet above is better.

Official statements in response to tragedies abroad are always bland, no matter where they come from. Even the White House response is going to sound like this. They're not going to say "We're going to give every citizen of Belgium a big hug".

There are a lot of reasons to dislike Hillary Clinton--her response to this tragedy really isn't one of them.

Bernice Anders posted:

lol no it isn't

You're bad at this, try harder

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Xenophon posted:

i dunno what this means but i imagine it's a burn of some kind https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/712308332472631297

Pleasant Friend
Dec 30, 2008

It's always weird the day after terrorist attacks to see the peacock display of who can pretend to give a poo poo the hardest.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Alter Ego posted:

Official statements in response to tragedies abroad are always bland, no matter where they come from. Even the White House response is going to sound like this. They're not going to say "We're going to give every citizen of Belgium a big hug".

that's great, but this is still a campaign.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

baw posted:

i dunno what this means but i imagine it's a burn of some kind https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/712308332472631297

I keep reading Frank Gaffney as Frank Underwood, and I think it might be because the character was from a town in SC called Gaffney.

Either way it works.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

Pleasant Friend posted:

It's always weird the day after terrorist attacks to see the peacock display of who can pretend to give a poo poo the hardest.

*does not apply to all terrorist attacks, for instance terrorist attacks in turkey

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

baw posted:

*does not apply to all terrorist attacks, for instance terrorist attacks in turkey

we never liked turkey that much anyway.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mayor Dave posted:

Since Utah is today it probably won't affect the outcome, but three of the victims were Mormon missionaries returning to Utah.

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/712283494362324993

I guess cultists haven't discovered intersectionality yet

baw
Nov 5, 2008

baw posted:

this clears it up

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Pleasant Friend posted:

Very distressed over here personally.

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Alter Ego posted:

Weak. Doesn't mention thumbscrews, the rack, waterboarding, or brownshirt anti-Muslim squads at all.

Well quite. I want to be indulged with promises of massive overreaction and widespread humanitarian abuses, not fobbed off with this "let's be adults" bullshit.

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

Perfectly Safe posted:

Well quite. I want to be indulged with promises of massive overreaction and widespread humanitarian abuses, not fobbed off with this "let's be adults" bullshit.

You and the majority of the electorate both.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Wait what the gently caress that was a Cruz line? I thought it was a reddit snippet

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Having cops patrol Muslim neighborhoods sounds like a good idea actually. They should look into building robots - really tall ones, like maybe 20 ft tall - that can identify Muslims, any Muslim really, who cares, and lasso them cowboy style. The robots should have red eyes and talk in a robot voice.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Perfectly Safe posted:

i am the only candidate prepared to nuke the moon, to destroy any potential islamist space bases up there

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Remember when Trump was mocked and called simple-minded for saying that Islamists have entrenched support networks and are closely supported by their families?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/22/brussels-attacks-show-how-global-terror-networks-act-local

quote:

But the network will include many others. It is clear from the amount of time Abdeslam spent on the run that he was looked after by dozens, if not scores of contacts. This is the reality of contemporary Islamic extremism in Europe. It is not about so-called lone wolves or solitary actors, but about a small but significant number people who are deeply embedded in broader communities or neighbourhoods.

These people either share the attackers’ extremist views, or are at the very least prepared to support them out of friendship or family ties, or both. Studies have shown that a very high proportion of militant attackers talk to others in their close social circles, hinting at their plans.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Can Donald Trump, a man who does not put his hand on his heart for the pledge and who throws veterans out of his rallies, be trusted to lead the armed forces? Why would orders from such a troop hating degenerate even be followed

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Brannock posted:

Remember when Trump was mocked and called simple-minded for saying that Islamists have entrenched support networks and are closely supported by their families?

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/mar/22/brussels-attacks-show-how-global-terror-networks-act-local

no he was mocked and called simple minded for saying we should assassinate peoples wives and children in retaliation for terrorist attacks

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Brannock posted:

uh, no, because that's been known for ages, though I'd be happy to review any examples you can find

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Trump will have death matches between suspected illegals and terrorists in NFL stadiums during the off-season. Can't wait for root for Whacko Juarez Juan against Muhammad Al-Sharia Jihad

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Cruz should clearly combine his door to door immigration enforcement with Muslim neighborhood watch.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Brannock posted:

Uh, no, he was mocked for saying we should murder those people.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

Wait what the gently caress that was a Cruz line? I thought it was a reddit snippet

Nope! Ted Cruz, who is such an adamant supporter of religious liberty that he believes the existence of gay marriage is equivalent to persecution, thinks that we should be patrolling and "securing" Muslim neighborhoods to make sure they don't radicalize.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Terrorists are apparently afraid of dogs (?), so just put them in a room with a golden retriever and then interrogate them. Or just have the golden retriever interrogate them

"There's nothing in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that says a dog can't conduct an enhanced interrogation!"

In 2016, you'll see suspected terrorists get...WATERBUDDED!

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Squizzle posted:

"There's nothing in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights that says a dog can't conduct an enhanced interrogation!"

In 2016, you'll see suspected terrorists get...WATERBUDDED!

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

paranoid randroid posted:

no he was mocked and called simple minded for saying we should assassinate peoples wives and children in retaliation for terrorist attacks

He just said that innocent people don't hang around known terrorists.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Louisgod posted:

Having cops patrol Muslim neighborhoods sounds like a good idea actually. They should look into building robots - really tall ones, like maybe 20 ft tall - that can identify Muslims, any Muslim really, who cares, and lasso them cowboy style. The robots should have red eyes and talk in a robot voice.

You mean a Trumpbot? Speaking in the Dear Leader's glorious booming voice?

Just make sure the hands are the right size, not too large, like slightly smaller than a large sized robot hand, but a good size still.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Karl Sharks posted:

Just make sure the hands are the right size, not too large, like slightly smaller than a large sized robot hand, but a good size still.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Xenophon posted:

Aaaaaaaand Trump wins. Jesus Christ how is Cruz so bad at this.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

because hes awful in every way

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

You think a single prospective Trump/Cruz voter disagrees with that?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
distressing posts itt

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

AllanGordon posted:

He just said that innocent people don't hang around known terrorists.

which is why I'm sure he called for the immediate arrest and imprisonment of the entire extended bundy clan, plus all of their weirdo friends and supporters on the outside and those weird girls in love with James Holmes

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Karl Sharks posted:

Ideally I'd like to see the robots painted purple and pink with gold highlights and constantly yell "Stop, Muslim!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwinsensRevenge
Aug 13, 2013

Brannock posted:

nah

• Locked thread