Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I've had a super long month(s) so I wanted to veg out in Skyrim for awhile as it's one of my favorite chillout sims

... but man the modding up barrier is such a drag :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Maera Sior posted:

How do people feel about SPERG for hybrids? I'm looking through the PerMa trees and I'm not sure my desired build is going to be viable.

Can't say for sure yet, but I think SPERG would do well with hybrid or even just 'whatever strikes your fancy' builds. You get perks automatically at certain skill levels (25, 50, 75, 100) and there's more synergy between the different skill-trees, so you'll probably end up with functional builds more easily. The most common complaint seems to be that it makes you too powerful, so you might want to combine it with difficulty increasing mods like Combat Evolved, Deadly Combat, or Ultimate Combat.

So far, the default settings make me feel like I level pretty fast. Looking through the uncapper ini, a lot of skills are set to gain 10-30% faster than vanilla. I thought about cutting them all down by 50%, but skill gain and levelling speed will probably slow down on its own as well the higher I get. I did switch off gaining armor skill just from walking around, as well as gaining skill points for completing quests. That seemed a bit too much.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Elliotw2 posted:

That means your framerate is too high and you should probably run ENBboost to cap the game at 60fps. The physics are tied to the frame rate, so after you break 70FPS the cart thinks you're on the moon.

Dear God, this was the case in Skyrim as well? I guess in a fantasy game it's not really as noticeable.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

If you're using an Nvidia card you should use NVIDIA Inspector to lock your framerate to 60FPS. I had bad luck with ENBoost and a number of other options because they weren't ensuring a minimum render time, so you'd get extreme stuttering because the game would render 60 frames at the start of a second then just wait and do nothing until the next second started.

This might explain some weird issues I've had since upgrading my PC. Can you explain more about how to address this? Besides locking it at 60 frames, any other settings related to framerate that should be tweaked in NVIDIA Inspector, like maximum pre-rendered frames or preferred refresh rate? Should I then disable the frame limit function in ENB for best results, or will it not matter?

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Squeegy posted:

Dear God, this was the case in Skyrim as well? I guess in a fantasy game it's not really as noticeable.

It's an engine feature! I first noticed it in FNV once in the Novac hotel room, since I set a teddy bear on a chair and it got stuck on the roof.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Fleve posted:

Can't say for sure yet, but I think SPERG would do well with hybrid or even just 'whatever strikes your fancy' builds. You get perks automatically at certain skill levels (25, 50, 75, 100) and there's more synergy between the different skill-trees, so you'll probably end up with functional builds more easily. The most common complaint seems to be that it makes you too powerful, so you might want to combine it with difficulty increasing mods like Combat Evolved, Deadly Combat, or Ultimate Combat.

I'm looking at doing a bit of casting as well as swinging around a sword, but I'm not really interested in something that involves a lot of timing re: hitting and blocking. Suggestions?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Nerd Of Prey posted:

This might explain some weird issues I've had since upgrading my PC. Can you explain more about how to address this? Besides locking it at 60 frames, any other settings related to framerate that should be tweaked in NVIDIA Inspector, like maximum pre-rendered frames or preferred refresh rate? Should I then disable the frame limit function in ENB for best results, or will it not matter?

I don't know about pre-rendered frames, decreasing it can lower input lag and even improve framerate. Real obvious in some games. I've heard all kinds of things about what it's supposed to do by turning it up, but I haven't ever seen it do something positive. I just keep it locked at 1 globally in general.
I've heard that it doesn't do anything for Skyrim at all, which is possible because games can entirely ignore than nVidia setting to begin with. It seem like a really sketchy setting in general, I would just try flipping it between 4 and 1 and see if you notice any difference.

So yeah, disable the frame limit function in ENB. Set your monitor and preferred refresh rate to whatever is it's highest native. Then enable the limiter in NVIDIA Inspector. Some people say 59 or 58 limit is better to reduce stutter but I haven't noticed any real difference. I always have vsync forced off because I give 0 fucks about screen tearing at all, I'm not entirely sure how that interacts with other settings.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Maera Sior posted:

I'm looking at doing a bit of casting as well as swinging around a sword, but I'm not really interested in something that involves a lot of timing re: hitting and blocking. Suggestions?

Then I'd avoid Deadly Combat/Ultimate Combat. Although, timing isn't that much of a nuisance. Just holding the block button works well too, it just costs more stamina than a well-timed block. Perhaps try Combat Evolved and tweak with the damage numbers, but I think Combat Evolved also adds a stagger to attacks which might or might not work well without the other combat mods.

SPERG scales spells per level, so that should already improve casting. Perhaps also look into Apocalypse, it adds a ton of spells. I'm not very familiar with tweaking spell-casting difficulty though. Usually I play a typical sneaky archer, this time I wanted to try something more melee, hence the combat mods.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

If you're using an Nvidia card you should use NVIDIA Inspector to lock your framerate to 60FPS. I had bad luck with ENBoost and a number of other options because they weren't ensuring a minimum render time, so you'd get extreme stuttering because the game would render 60 frames at the start of a second then just wait and do nothing until the next second started.

Oh wow, had no idea.

Thanks for the heads up, she hasn't had issues butI'll fix her game tonight regardless.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It's generally not something you'll notice unless you're cranking really high framerates. I started noticing it the first time I got indoors in the intro area, where there's some low-object parts where your framerate can get super high.

I would also not be surprised at all if there was some other setting or video card tweak you could do to fix this, but it just seemed much easier to me to use Inspector to do the frame limiting instead.

Mr. Owl
Jan 24, 2008

Maera Sior posted:

When I last played a thief with SPERG, I used a combo of fire spells and a dagger for non avoidable fights. There is a really powerful combo in the Flame Affinity (destruction 20) proccing triple damage for fire from weapon hits, and spell+weapon benefits from the higher perks in pickpocketing.

That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.
Ordinator has some perks specifically for spellswords.
 Mystic Warrior - Grants the "Mystic Warrior" power: use it to store the spell you are dual casting. Power attacks in combat cast the stored spell for free but cost 100 more Stamina (-0.2 per point of current Magicka). Cooldown is based on Enchanting skill.
Staff Flux - While charging up or concentrating on a staff in your left hand, you may attack with a weapon in your right hand, dealing 40% more weapon damage
Might and Magic - Spells are 25% more effective if you are wielding a weapon in your other hand. Attacks deal 25% more damage if you are holding a spell in your other hand.

I've started exploring parts of its Pickpocket and Sneak trees I hadn't tried before and found a few I love:
hief's Eye - When you enter a major city, may illuminate a random citizen on the streets for 300 seconds. During this time, he or she is carrying valuable treasure based on your Pickpocket skill. This can only occur once every 0.5 to 2.5 days.
Death's Emperor (2) - A cursed septim appears in your inventory. When someone else is in possession of the coin, you deal 100/200% more attack damage to them.
Mutiny - Grants the "Mutiny" power. Once a day, activates the curse of the Death's Emperor, compelling up to 5 people within 200 feet to attack whoever is carrying the Death's Emperor for 60 seconds.
Dynamic Entry - Performing a silent roll increases your damage with one-handed weapons by 50% and unarmed damage by 40 points for 2 seconds

What's really great is there's a mod that combines Ordinator and SPERG with the best of both worlds. I've been using for months, it's great.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I'm really liking the 'scarcity' setup I've got going currently. MorrowLoot Ultimate makes it so that all the Elven/Dwarven/Ebony/etc. stuff is a lot rarer, either hand-placed or reserved for leveled boss-type loot. Fortify smithing stuff is mostly removed so no more silly fortifying cycles. I've got Trade and Barter setup so that for an item with a base value of say 100, merchants will only pay about 17 gold while they sell it for 600, with some adjustments based on race/speech/friendliness/etc. That seems to be what Skyrim Redone uses too, and so far I'm liking it. I got about 2000 gold from selling my loot from a bandit den and the whole of Bleak Falls Barrow, and spending it goes really quickly. Horse and house prices aren't adjusted, but the 1000 for a horse and the 5000 for the first house is still something I don't really have the money for. Perhaps I should find something to raise those prices a bit more though. Unintentionally, the Skyrim Coin Replacer also makes me get less money. Instead of finding Septims in ancient dungeons like Bleak Falls Barrow, they're replaced with Haralds (and Dumacs for dwemer ruins). They're not accepted as currency, and because of Trade and Barter I can only sell them for a third of their value.

I was thinking about going with the original MorrowLoot, but disabling crafting of higher tier gear went a bit too far I think. I hope that with the Complete Crafting Overhaul and disabling the salvaging feature of SPERG, crafting will still be fun but not too powerful.

Edit: Hmm, thinking about restarting with this mod, making homes, furniture, inns and such a lot more expensive.

Fleve fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Mar 17, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Regarding ways to keep yourself broke, I'm using Better Fast Travel both for all the extra travel options it adds but also because I can jack up the price on everything so it costs a big chunk of coin to ride a wagon or take a ship. Honed Metal, especially combined with something like Trade & Barter, is also pretty good for giving you something to spend your loot on. Finally I've got the bleedout option in SkyTweak turned on with a pretty steep gold penalty for dying, nothing like finally saving up enough for that boat trip and losing it all because of an ill-timed venture into a troll cave or something lol. I'm balancing it out by having a few means to earn gold easily if I really need to though -- for example I usually have the price of pelts set to valuable in Hunterborn so if I need gold fast I can go kill a mammoth or some bears or something and sell a big pile of pelts. That keeps it from being a completely frustrating grind and more that gold is still relatively easy to earn but easier to spend down to nothing. Also I'm not using Morrowloot but am using Scarcity to limit the amount of treasure found. I like not needing a lot of patches and also don't mind finding really good stuff sometimes, I just don't want to find the really good stuff ALL the time and in huge quantities.

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 17, 2016

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Yeah I do have something like 3-4 Morrowloot patches installed at this time; I'm not entirely trusting of something that needs so much duct tape to stay together. I'm not even sure it works because I already found some Dwemer stuff in Bleakfalls Barrow (though admittedly in the 'boss' chest at the end). I haven't started a new run yet so I might switch to Scarcity. Got any good rarity multipliers to recommend? I've never made Bashed patches before; I probably should what with Immersive Armors/Weapons and a bunch of other such mods installed as well.

I also thought about installing the Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, but when I read the feature "Adds 51 new critters: 21 moths & butterflies, 11 dragonflies, and 19 pond fish", I thought gently caress that. I'm not going to go through the trouble of plucking 30 different kinds of flying object out of the air. The vanilla alchemy and cooking had more than enough ingredients already.

Edit: Also, on a restart attempt, the Skyrim police was tossing me around in the wagon again despite using the ENBoost FPS limiter. So yeah, I'm switching to the Nvidia Inspector solution instead.

Fleve fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Mar 17, 2016

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't remember which options I'm using and my hard drive just died on me yesterday so I can't check; really hoping I'm going to be able to put everything back the way it was from backups and not have to start completely over :sigh:

I'm having fun with CACO but I also like playing alchemy-themed characters. There's a lot of overlap with ingredients so you don't necessarily HAVE to catch all the bugs, but being more rare sometimes they have a stronger effect vs a common ingredient.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
So I decided to be a vampire lord for the first time in this new save of mine...and I'm just wondering if there is any 'essential' mod to enhance it? Or should I try the Vampire Lord experience vanilla first before doing anything to mess with it?

Digital Flower
Sep 5, 2011

Morter posted:

So I decided to be a vampire lord for the first time in this new save of mine...and I'm just wondering if there is any 'essential' mod to enhance it?

Yes. Vampire Lords can Loot and Activate and Vampire Lord Collision Fix. Not having to shift form to loot things, or you know, pass through doors, makes bit of a difference in not wanting to kill yourself.

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

I don't remember which options I'm using and my hard drive just died on me yesterday so I can't check; really hoping I'm going to be able to put everything back the way it was from backups and not have to start completely over :sigh:

After about 15 levels of playing, I must say that Scarcity was a good recommendation, thanks. I used the author's default settings (6x loot rarity, 4x merchant rarity) and that has worked out splendidly so far. Most chests only contain some gold and getting actual loot has become pretty noteworthy. It also adds significance to quests that reward you with enchanted pieces of equipment like the Whiterun Axe. And uninstalling MorrowLoot Ultimate and making a bashed patch has been a big improvement in mod compatibility too.

The combo of Scarcity, 'Trade and Barter', and 'More Expensive Services and Assets', has made it so that only after 15 levels of saving have I been able to finally buy a house. Getting the required 15,000 gold together when there is hardly any high-value loot around and merchants only pay about 30% of the usual prices has been a lot trickier than I expected. It also means that quest rewards that give you a few hundred coins, or bribes that require a few hundred, are a lot more meaningful. I've never been so happy before with an unupgraded, empty hovel with a chest and a bed.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Fleve posted:

After about 15 levels of playing, I must say that Scarcity was a good recommendation, thanks. I used the author's default settings (6x loot rarity, 4x merchant rarity) and that has worked out splendidly so far. Most chests only contain some gold and getting actual loot has become pretty noteworthy. It also adds significance to quests that reward you with enchanted pieces of equipment like the Whiterun Axe. And uninstalling MorrowLoot Ultimate and making a bashed patch has been a big improvement in mod compatibility too.

The combo of Scarcity, 'Trade and Barter', and 'More Expensive Services and Assets', has made it so that only after 15 levels of saving have I been able to finally buy a house. Getting the required 15,000 gold together when there is hardly any high-value loot around and merchants only pay about 30% of the usual prices has been a lot trickier than I expected. It also means that quest rewards that give you a few hundred coins, or bribes that require a few hundred, are a lot more meaningful. I've never been so happy before with an unupgraded, empty hovel with a chest and a bed.

I run a similar load out. I also buff dragon loot so they can drop a couple thousand septims at a time. I run that with a difficult dragon mod and with dragon frequency at about half of vanilla rates.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I tried Purity but it made the darkness waaay too dark. More realistic I suppose but not in a fun way.

Anyone have any companion recommendations that have cool quests? I have only tried a couple custom companions so far - Arissa is cool, she has pretty impressive AI and since I am sneaky we work well together. She doesn't like murder though, and I have Dark Brotherhood business as well as random murdering of rear end in a top hat citizens to do fairly regularly (she has a regard system so each kill lowers it).

Mirai is buggy as poo poo which was frustrating. After doing the entire quest (which I did enjoy) she bugged out in a big way towards the end and I could t finish it. The console commands that were suggested in game never worked for me. So I uninstalled and tried again. Same thing. Then...I realized that the "3" in every console command was actually a "z" because apparently in game books have wacky "z"s...so tonight I will be finishing it finally.

I saw a video of Sofia since I saw her mentioned often in google searches but she seems kind of annoying unless I am missing something. Any other recommendations for smart AI companions or ones with good quests?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

rio posted:

I tried Purity but it made the darkness waaay too dark. More realistic I suppose but not in a fun way.

IIRC there's a mod to make the darkness less dark. Which is good, because I couldn't see poo poo.

I can't actually handle darker night mods. I have good night vision IRL and my eyes just REVOLT. They think they should be able to see better than they can and I end up with eyestrain.

EDIT: Found it! http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69911/

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Midnight Voyager posted:

IIRC there's a mod to make the darkness less dark. Which is good, because I couldn't see poo poo.

it's called your brightness slider

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Psion posted:

it's called your brightness slider

That also makes everything brighter, unless you feel like loving with it every time you go into a cave. The snow blindness struggle is real.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Skyrim Modding: Balancing snow-blindness and unlit caverns for immersion

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

So I'm getting a new computer up and running (the old new one died after two months) and I've decided I want to reinstall Skyrim and try ENB this time, or at least some form of graphics enhancement, now that I'll be on a computer with a good graphics card. I've seen some posts on the previous page about making the game less gray and bleak and, quite frankly, gently caress that.

Give me the grayest, bleakest, coldest skyrim I can get. What're some good mods/ENB stuff to look into for that sort of thing?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

rio posted:

Anyone have any companion recommendations that have cool quests? I have only tried a couple custom companions so far - Arissa is cool, she has pretty impressive AI and since I am sneaky we work well together. She doesn't like murder though, and I have Dark Brotherhood business as well as random murdering of rear end in a top hat citizens to do fairly regularly (she has a regard system so each kill lowers it).

Mirai is buggy as poo poo which was frustrating. After doing the entire quest (which I did enjoy) she bugged out in a big way towards the end and I could t finish it. The console commands that were suggested in game never worked for me. So I uninstalled and tried again. Same thing. Then...I realized that the "3" in every console command was actually a "z" because apparently in game books have wacky "z"s...so tonight I will be finishing it finally.

I saw a video of Sofia since I saw her mentioned often in google searches but she seems kind of annoying unless I am missing something. Any other recommendations for smart AI companions or ones with good quests?

Bhruce Hammar: Legacy is great. It's TrainWiz's follower mod, an rear end in a top hat Telvanni Dwemer-obsessed technomancer with awesome quest, cumulating with a repeatable quest to pilot an enormous steam centurion to fight off giant monsters threatening Slyrim. Yes, the quest is called Pacific Skyrim.

ToasterofDoom
Jul 3, 2007
My toast is good
Just getting back into Skyrim and tried the Live another Life mod to avoid the boring intro. Haven't got much into yet, and before I do, I was wondering if there was a way to tweak the settings where you can be dragon born, but not have to go through the first greybeard quest and sit through their shouting training. On the mod's webpage they talked about force starting the main quest, but not where it starts you off. Has anyone been able to avoid this quest?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I have finally gotten past the bugs in the Mirai quest and feel just a little weird because it is now a dating sim. Not weird enough that I won't play through it though.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

YellerBill posted:

So I'm getting a new computer up and running (the old new one died after two months) and I've decided I want to reinstall Skyrim and try ENB this time, or at least some form of graphics enhancement, now that I'll be on a computer with a good graphics card. I've seen some posts on the previous page about making the game less gray and bleak and, quite frankly, gently caress that.

Give me the grayest, bleakest, coldest skyrim I can get. What're some good mods/ENB stuff to look into for that sort of thing?

For graphics and graphic effects one method is to grab the bleak ENB or any kind of Grim and Somber ENB and install those. You may have to delve into tweaking some things to your liking (I found the depth of Field to be kind of cool, but also a decent frame-rate hit and had to disable it) but they all work. Some people upthread mentioned that Imaginator can accomplish the same thing as ENB's but with no frame rate loss and they're basically right. You have to tweak things to your liking, but you can get there. Warm Desaturation + a bit of contrast and a little brightness is a good basis for a bleak look. The bad side of imaginator is that some ENB's seem to change something with the weather and daylight, and I can't figure out what they did or how to replicate it.

Regardless, you'll probably also want the Dark Fantasy Overhaul and the Honored Dead. DF overhaul changes some of the plant life. It's cool seeing spiny dead trees in most places and overgrown mushrooms in swamps. Honored Dead adds dead stormcloaks/imperials to various places in ways that sort of make sense. Like there's a bunch of stormcloak bodies west of whiterun that are all just impaled on a set of spikes, but there's also a kind of shrine to the south that has some basic legion equipment in it.

Buried alive fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 20, 2016

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

rio posted:

IAny other recommendations for smart AI companions or ones with good quests?
I'm really enjoying INIGO. He's a lot of fun and has some excellent features, like showing up on the map as a quest marker. (This doesn't happen right away, run around for a bit and eventually he'll want to inform you of this. The next time he explains shortcuts for giving him orders.)

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
I'm attempting to get a Perkus playthrough together and the patcher has been sitting at 100% for like an hour with a blank message box. Is that normal?

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Buried alive posted:

I'm attempting to get a Perkus playthrough together and the patcher has been sitting at 100% for like an hour with a blank message box. Is that normal?

Yeah PerMa tends to do that depending on how long your load order is. It can also run out of memory, check its directory to check if it's thrown an error about being out of memory, if it is use the heapspace patcher.

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
I'm running into that script overflow bug constantly and my saves keep getting hosed. Anyone wanna help me wittle down this mod list of script heavy mods? All I want is a Skyrim with a ton of custom quests to stop me from being bored to tears from the vanilla game. It would also be nice if it looks nice and plays well too. Seriously, I need to prune this loving thing. I have 244 plugins active right now.

http://pastebin.com/gppdXvD7

I have a serious problem.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just off the top of my head, if you're having Script issues, I'd ditch DynLOD, Wet and Cold, Footprints, Burn Freeze Shock Effects, Wonders of Weather, Deadly Spell Impacts, Birds, Auto Unequip Ammo, Dual Wield Parrying, and loving OBIS (click the ? under my avatar and read back a bit about why I hate OBIS.) In addition, I'd get rid of most of those player homes, as a lot of those have custom scripting. (I'm not saying those are bad mods, it's just that they're script-heavy mods.)

Secondly, I see quite a few ESP files you don't need and that will cause issues, specifically esp files for objects integrated into Complete Crafting Overhaul Remade. Cloaks, Winter is Coming, Jswords, possibly some others. With those, you need the resources of those mods - the models and textures and sounds - but not the ESP files. Read the instructions for CCOR carefully.

Thirdly, I'd ditch armonizer and weaponizer, they're both pretty low quality. Some of the Armonizer armors don't even have female models, and while I dislike boobplate, women do have different proportions and seeing female NPCs with man-torso looks weird as gently caress. Weaponizer gives weapons to enemies that can't use them (Giving daggers to Draugr) which makes them just stand there while you kill them.

Fourth, I see a lot of one-off ESPs you could combine into one with Mator's Merge Plugins Standalone which is really easy to use.

Fifth, Wrye Bash is, sadly, fairly useless for post-Oblivion-Engine games. It only merges leveled lists and no other type of record. Use a TES5Edit merged patch or Mator Smash Standalone patch. You definitely need this step because you have a bunch of mods that overlap, and you will have trouble without doing this.

I also see some redundant mods - it looks like the things Nausica's Tweaker does are covered under EFF's options.

I also see you just have a lot of NPC mods - populated cities, Inconsequential NPCs. Do you have ENBoost and the SKSE memory fix installed?

Fake edit: Hilariously, when trying to figure out what some of those ESPs were, the second hit on the google search was your pastebin.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

What's a good face/base model replacement mod? The XCE in the OP seems to be old as poo poo and has no .esp and mod organizer doesn't like it.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

XCE is fine, it's espless because it just upgrades stock textures and models, it doesn't need an esp, and what error is MO ggiving you because it works fine with my MO.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Agents are GO! posted:

XCE is fine, it's espless because it just upgrades stock textures and models, it doesn't need an esp, and what error is MO ggiving you because it works fine with my MO.

And then when I launch the faces look the same as usual

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.

This is all great advice. I removed OBIS, Nausccia and DSR/Dual Wield Parry (i mostly play with axes and hammers anyway :dota101: ) and then looked at CCO's instructions more and deleted some plugins that way. Also ditched Armournizer/Weaponizer under your advice. Gonna try merging plugins (any idea which ones I should merge?) and doing a Mator Smash! And yeah, I'm running the SKSE Memory patch as well as ENBoost.

Also, as to weird plugins: most of them were grabbed via STEP, GEMS or the OP in this very thread!

ETPC fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

victrix posted:

And then when I launch the faces look the same as usual

Right click on the part labelled 'Data' and select 'Set as Data Directory' at this step.

• Locked thread