Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Jolyon Palmer strikes me as the type of guy who, if born 100 years ago would be an RAF pilot, shooting down Fokkers and giving the Kaiser what for.

Jolyon Palmer is a cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Palmer seems alright, yeah.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

I like the French.

Same.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That Rio fan is continuing to rant https://twitter.com/ManorF1FanBlog

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
F1 2016: Which do you prefer, FIA or ISIS?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Somebody message the mods.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
What did Haryanto's car in?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Je Suis Bernie

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

krushgroove posted:

Played the Formula D boardgame last night with a few friends, we did the basic race around Monaco and had a blast. If you have a chance to play with a few friends and enjoy boardgames, give it a try, definitely thumbs up.

I'd like to play Formula D with Claire if you know what I mean

By the way, the game Motorsport Manager for iPhone and iPad is free right now, after costing money for years, sometimes a whole 2 bucks!!! I haven't played yet but people here said it was good. So it's likely to be awful.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

poty posted:

By the way, the game Motorsport Manager for iPhone and iPad is free right now, after costing money for years, sometimes a whole 2 bucks!!! I haven't played yet but people here said it was good. So it's likely to be awful.

I really enjoyed it for a few hours. But it gets old quickly. If it's free, its certainly worth a punt

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I don't know why F1 and MotoGP think they can get away with charging so much money for a goddamn timing app, it's ridiculous, we're already paying to watch the thing why do we need to pay to have a screen that tells us the gap between drivers? There can't be that many people willing to pay for those apps anyway

If I was in charge of this thing I'd make the app free and hire Supercell or any of those big phone app developers to make a game

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
they could tie DRS and available KRS Turbo boost to in-app purchases, make people pay to make drivers cars faster

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

JFairfax posted:

they could tie DRS and available KRS Turbo boost to in-app purchases, make people pay to make drivers cars faster

Formula E almost does this.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Trick question, they are one and the same.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Human Grand Prix posted:

What did Haryanto's car in?

Williams sabotaged the gearbox.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

I'm Crap posted:

Okay, now I actually am missing Wicka.

track day bro! posted:

I've changed my mind, wicka was right.

Wicka is right a lot of the time TBH

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

Yeah. He's just a dick. That's okay.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Changing the topic back to Hamilton, I'm not surprised the media/fans would be turning on him. He couldn't even be bothered to get off his phone during the drivers lap in Australia. Too busy looking down and texting instead of taking that whole few minutes to wave to his fans.

Not like Our Dan :australia:

He got out of his car and attempted to throw hats into the grand stands.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I like Jolyon, but I don't like ISIS

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

Wicka is like that special needs person we all went to school with who everyone hosed around with his head until his parents took him out and was never seen of again. I'm just waiting for his parents to take him out of this forum.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

poty posted:

Looks like they've put a cap on costs, app just got real

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I may have been extremely stressed out and talking bollocks owing to having been dealing with a very vocal and somewhat violent racist with a bad case of psychosis for over 4 hours earlier.. Apologies, I've had wine and a cigarette now.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I was trying to work out who Jolyon Palmer looked like.. then it hit me tonight. He looks like the bastard love child of Piers Moron.

Despite this, I still quite like him because :britain: and he doesn't appear to be an unlikable diva.

JP WDC 2019, give him a few years to find a decent car to drive

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

poty posted:

Shows as $1.99 on Google Play for me. Free on iTunes though, so :smith:

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

learnincurve posted:

I may have been extremely stressed out and talking bollocks owing to having been dealing with a very vocal and somewhat violent racist with a bad case of psychosis for over 4 hours earlier.. Apologies, I've had wine and a cigarette now.

I didn't know you were covering the Trump campaign.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Well, it is kinda true, the car is faster than most of the Mercedes powered cars in the race. Qualifying performance sucks however.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I like how when Jolson Palmer was announced as the Renault race driver people derided him for being a pay driver and only winning GP2 in his 4th season, and now he's the current darling of F1. I say good for the lad though, for proving the doubters wrong, or at least as much as you can prove anything after one race.

fish and chips and dip fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Mar 23, 2016

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Farmland Park posted:

I like how when Jolson Palmer was announced as the Renault race people derided him for being a pay driver and only winning GP2 in his 4th season, and now he's the current darling of F1. I say good for the lad though, for proving the doubters wrong, or at least as much as you can prove anything after one race.

Thread favourite Pastor Maldonado also won in his 4th season. Perhaps JP is another case of a driver with a generally mediocre lower formulae record doing well in the big league.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Palmer looked good and hard to pass, kid has future imho.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Found this handy link. Calendars for all motorsport events:

http://motocal.net/#calendars

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

gret posted:

I didn't know you were covering the Trump campaign.

:golfclap:

Halo14 posted:

Select all -> Google Calendar

:D

Kilonum fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 23, 2016

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Halo14 posted:

drat this is baller as gently caress, thanks man

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Halo14 posted:

This is to be the best post ever in the worst thread. Thanks for this

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

El Hefe posted:

Palmer looked good and hard to pass, kid has future imho.

He has all the skill of a future Jarno Trulli

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NWS that poo poo man. :awesome:

What the are all the paddles for? I imagine the middle ones are for gear changes, but what about the tops and bottom?

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

They have up and down on both sides usually, so those are probably just mirrored. Upshift on top, downshift in middle, clutch offset at the bottom.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Pretty sure they can be configured for lots of different things, you sometimes heard paddles being referred to when changing a setting on the car before the radio ban.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GramCracker posted:

NWS that poo poo man. :awesome:

What the are all the paddles for? I imagine the middle ones are for gear changes, but what about the tops and bottom?

Clutch. At least one is for the new starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horner-thinks-red-bull-could-catch-ferrari-with-canada-engine-upgrade-681785/

It does appear that Red Bull actually aren't allowed to say the word Renault.

• Locked thread