Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

sharktamer posted:

Something tells me the super dragon may be a pervert.

It's a dragon with an affro and it'll turn out to be Hercule all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

We already know what the super dragonball dragon looks like

:iamafag:

Condiv fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Mar 21, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm kind of sad that Monaka seems to be a weakling that Beerus was lying about for whatever reason.

e:
Good ep. Magetta is cool.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Mar 21, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Or that whatever Monaka does is going to be highly, incredibly embarassing.
The last of last resorts.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I suspect Beerus doesn't have any grasp of martial artistry in scales we're familiar with and the guy is strongest in that he can technically blow up planets by burping, but is a physically weak species.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Man, Frost doesn't even know that Hit saved his rear end from what horrors Vados was gonna inflict on him for jacking that money/space cube.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I won't be surprised if Monaka's another double swerve like Frost, where they try to make you think he's really a joke.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Monaka is going to shoot Big Bang Kamehameha x250s out of each of his prominent nipples.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Monaka is Arale in a weird nipple costume.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

sharktamer posted:

Monaka is Arale in a weird nipple costume.

Keep your underage female warrior hentai tropes out of my Dragonball.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Like Arale wouldn't wear that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

Keep your underage female warrior hentai tropes out of my Dragonball.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

...oh yeah. :doh:

Why the hell did she ever wear that?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

New Leaf posted:

Because, you see, of Japan.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

The helmet is directly based on and inspired by UltraSeven, a 1967 Japanese live action super hero who inspired quite a lot in Dragon Ball, including the Capsule technology Bulma uses and some of the energy attacks. The energy attacks in general can be dated back to Ultraman, which was a huge influence on Toriyama as a kid, as easily seen in Dr. Slump. Chichi's helmet is based on UltraSeven's head-

Including two of his signature attacks, the forehead laser and head blade that could be thrown.

The rest of it is because Toriyama is a strange, strange man.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chichi is a rare example of a Japanese made female character who wears more clothes the older she gets.

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Im really curious about Monaka. Everything points to him being a joke. Like its been mentioned it could just be a double swerve, but Im raking my brain on a third option. Like maybe hes really good at rock paper scissors?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I think he's still going to be a hidden badass and they're just doing a really unusually good job at convincing us he couldn't possibly be that strong.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Chichi is a rare example of a Japanese made female character who wears more clothes the older she gets.

Think Rosa from Final Fantasy IV is the only other one I can think of who falls into this category.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Yoko from Gurren Lagann would qualify, though it's kinda a technicality really.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's not actually that rare.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably not, no. It's funny though and that's all that matters.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mordaedil posted:

It's not actually that rare.

Star Wars Clone Wars/Star Wars Rebels is not normal

Oh wait you edited that out huh

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Burkion posted:

Star Wars Clone Wars/Star Wars Rebels is not normal

Oh wait you edited that out huh

Sorry, I just realized it would imply I don't want normal stuff, when it's pretty much all I watch.

*ahem*

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Chichi was introduced as the daughter of a cruel ogre that had villages and travellers terrorized, I assume her outfit is supposed to evoke the usual skimpy dressed villainess in fantasy settings and you're expected to find funny how inappropiate it is for a small girl.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's always weird when I remember that the Ox King is, like, you know, the Ox King and all.
And Chichi fought Goku in the Tenkaichi Budokai which is how they got married. Weird as all hell.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

They got married because he "agreed" to it as a pre-teen. What kind of neck-bearded psychopath takes a pre-teen agreement as law and pursues it for a decade? Goku is lucky that Chichi didn't grow up to look like her father..

JohnnyCocksville
Feb 1, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
gokus scared as a mutha fucka

the only super i watched was piccolo vs queen frostine it was awesome ggwp

Jo Joestar
Oct 24, 2013

New Leaf posted:

They got married because he "agreed" to it as a pre-teen. What kind of neck-bearded psychopath takes a pre-teen agreement as law and pursues it for a decade? Goku is lucky that Chichi didn't grow up to look like her father..

Well, she is a princess. Arranged marriages for royalty can be serious business, particularly in the case of the daughter of someone as violent as the Ox King was supposed to be.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's an anime, childhood promises hold more weight than any legal contract.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

New Leaf posted:

Consider the fact that Chi-chi basically had no role models growing up other than her dad and romance magazines. Add to it that she's basically as much of a hick mountain kid as Goku is, but unlike him is actually slightly ashamed about that. Series still goes out of its way to point out Chi-chi's way of thinking is wrong more than once, but at least there's some kind of justification towards it.

Goku also easily could have said "nah," but he still went along with it even after being told what marriage was.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
"This lady can keep up with me in a fight. Of course I want to spend the rest of my life with her!" seems like pretty Goku logic.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ammat The Ankh posted:

"This lady can keep up with me in a fight. Of course I want to spend the rest of my life with her!" seems like pretty Goku logic.

That would explain why he spent so much of DBZ onwards being either dead or a million miles away from her...

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk how the hell you twist what is supposed to be a goofy trope into calling Chi-Chi an autist or some bullshit unless you yourself are the neckbeard, so congrats on that.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Dragonball is a harem anime with one girl.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ammat The Ankh posted:

She really couldn't though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

goku should have married piccolo

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
But they're both tops?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

zelah posted:

But they're both tops?

Given Namekians are sexless and don't eat, it is likely that the lower half of Picollo looks like a green ken doll.

Not that I have spent hours thinking about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

Baal posted:

Idk how the hell you twist what is supposed to be a goofy trope into calling Chi-Chi an autist or some bullshit unless you yourself are the neckbeard, so congrats on that.

• Locked thread