Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just the other day I was thinking how Sion's base skin was his best skin and how they would have to come up with something badass to surpass the base skin.

Welp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSZofK0yiwA

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Robot Lissandra looks really cool too.

Wanna be dat trainsion. Is he any good? I haven't heard much of him since a bit after the rework.

Edit: and of course they brought back Scott McNeal for the Sion skin, yayyy :allears:

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 22, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Robot Lissandra looks really cool too.

Wanna be dat trainsion. Is he any good? I haven't heard much of him since a bit after the rework.

I've played a lot of him since the rework, hated his old model and skills, loved the rework, he has the best visceral feel good to use skills out of any champ and it's such a good feeling to stunlock a enemy team.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
btw, in the hextech crafting part riot admitted that keys don't drop on aram or tt.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just the other day I was thinking how Sion's base skin was his best skin and how they would have to come up with something badass to surpass the base skin.

Welp. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSZofK0yiwA

With Mecha Zero Sion, you can fight the Ruunan's Hurricane Teemo, and you can win.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh hey we're finally getting Healbot Soraka.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Changeshapers: Mecha Incognito :allears:

I love the occasional stutter effect on his voice.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
While they make as much noise about new skins as possible, there's a 99% chance Solo Q gets scrapped

good stuff

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Surprising exactly no one

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

While they make as much noise about new skins as possible, there's a 99% chance Solo Q gets scrapped

good stuff

I genuinely don't understand the clamor for solo queue. It just seems like an entirely unnecessary split of the ranked player base.

I get that some people think they're being held back from their ~true elo~ because the 4-man they're with is garbage, bit I don't see how adding 4 other similarly minded people will make it any better. Not to mention no one would play support

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

good stuff

Good. Fewer excuses for failure doesn't make a queue better when it makes it longer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Chumppell posted:

Hey, got the new ADC build order in.

... and you're set!

Our ADC can always count on the free first blood when I play Lux with my 100% Q hit rate :smug:

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

Can someone explain what solo Q actually is? Fairly new player here.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

rabidsquid posted:

Our ADC can always count on the free first blood when I play Lux with my 100% Q hit rate :smug:

See, in Bronze, my Lux "support" is more likely to steal first blood so they can rush Luden's Echo and never buy wards ever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I was mid lane Lux. It was Gragas support, obviously.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
jesus loving christ

who the hell honestly builds RUANAANS as their first item on ASHE

i literally got fed 4 kills early on as bard because no one respects early game bard burst

the reason i took these kills and didn't give them to the ADC was because my ADC was dead pre-6 like 4-5 times

my ashe simply could not and would not dodge any kind of skill shot, in a janna/corki lane

i even suggested that she stop standing still right as a tornado landed on her

"stfu"

killed seconds later when she stands still for a hurricane

as a result, my team lost, badly, because my loving ADC was garbo

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

rabidsquid posted:

I was mid lane Lux. It was Gragas support, obviously.

I wish I thought you were joking.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Cabinet posted:

People still call it solo queue even though you can 5 man it now. They just mean the level 30 + 16 champions ranked mode where you are bronze/silver/gold/platinum/diamond/master/challenger. Alternatively they may be talking about the actual solo queue ranked mode which riot promised to bring back but won't actually happen.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sperglord Firecock posted:

jesus loving christ

who the hell honestly builds RUANAANS as their first item on ASHE

i literally got fed 4 kills early on as bard because no one respects early game bard burst

the reason i took these kills and didn't give them to the ADC was because my ADC was dead pre-6 like 4-5 times

my ashe simply could not and would not dodge any kind of skill shot, in a janna/corki lane

i even suggested that she stop standing still right as a tornado landed on her

"stfu"

killed seconds later when she stands still for a hurricane

as a result, my team lost, badly, because my loving ADC was garbo

The hurricane bolts proc off the empowered Ashe Q and it's actually a really good item on her. Presuming you buy a BF Sword first like every ADC who goes BF/Zeal Item/Finish BF Item that sounds totally fine.

Hermetic posted:

I wish I thought you were joking.

The Gragas support was the only person in the game who had a kill participation almost as high as mine was.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

rabidsquid posted:

The hurricane bolts proc off the empowered Ashe Q and it's actually a really good item on her. Presuming you buy a BF Sword first like every ADC who goes BF/Zeal Item/Finish BF Item that sounds totally fine.

she bought ruanaan's first

i think she was confused as to why she wasn't doing any damage

and she completely ignored the health shrines i dropped for her when she was trying to avoid dying

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Straight up buying a Zeal item first leaves you behind in AD somewhat but Hurricane is really good on Ashe.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Cabinet posted:

Before dynamic queue you could only queue by yourself or with one other person in ranked.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

rabidsquid posted:

Straight up buying a Zeal item first leaves you behind in AD somewhat but Hurricane is really good on Ashe.

i wouldn't mind the ashe building it so much if she could actually dodge skillshots and make conscious decisions and last hit worth a single drat

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sperglord Firecock posted:

i wouldn't mind the ashe building it so much if she could actually dodge skillshots and make conscious decisions and last hit worth a single drat

You seem angry at league a lot

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

rabidsquid posted:

It doesn't matter how good your passive procs are because they won't be increasing single target damage, which without any damage items will be...let's do the math...yep jack poo poo. I don't know if it's better to get IE->Zeal item or if BFsword-zeal is good enough, but I usually err on infinity edge first just because of how much ooomph it gives everything. Now if you're talking about Jinx, you do get a net single target damage increase with hurricane through Fishbones if you manage to land double or triple-hits. I do wonder if it's worth giving up on damage first altogether though.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Kashuno posted:

You seem angry at league a lot

this is accurate

mostly because it continually reminds me that humanity is doomed

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ashe is an ER champ anyways which usually does get completed before the Zeal item.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Spudalicious posted:

It doesn't matter how good your passive procs are because they won't be increasing single target damage, which without any damage items will be...let's do the math...yep jack poo poo. I don't know if it's better to get IE->Zeal item or if BFsword-zeal is good enough, but I usually err on infinity edge first just because of how much ooomph it gives everything. Now if you're talking about Jinx, you do get a net single target damage increase with hurricane through Fishbones if you manage to land double or triple-hits. I do wonder if it's worth giving up on damage first altogether though.

Ashe straight up gets stronger auto-attacks and stronger slows from crit that's how her passive works.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Cabinet posted:

K8.0 posted:

People still call it solo queue even though you can 5 man it now. They just mean the level 30 + 16 champions ranked mode where you are bronze/silver/gold/platinum/diamond/master/challenger. Alternatively they may be talking about the actual solo queue ranked mode which riot promised to bring back but won't actually happen.

Zerilan posted:

Before dynamic queue you could only queue by yourself or with one other person in ranked.

Both those answers are right but don't really give the whole picture.

Before if you wanted to play a Ranked game of league, you queued up in "solo queue" as they call it. This queue allows groups of 1-2 people only. You would be matched up only with other players who also solo queued( or duo queued with a friend).

When Riot implemented the new Dynamic queue for ranked it replaced the old system. Now players can be in groups of 1-5 players and you will get matched against any other combination of players whether it be 5 people on their own, or 2 pairs of people and a loner, or 4 friends and one random guy etc. People don't like this because they want to be rated based solely on their play and not have it influence by groups of people/friends, so Riot said they would implement a true "Solo Queue" where people would only be matched against other players queueing by themselves, with no premade groups allowed. Now Riot is saying, ehhh its not worth the effort. Because it isn't and its a dumb idea and people are babies.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
buy infinity edge and statikk shyvv first, then pick one of three: phantom dancer for dps, mercurial scimitar for anti-splat, or LDR for tank murder, and then fill in the other two. ashe is a hyper carry and theres no reason to get cute with her item builds when her mana needs are rock bottom and she doesn't have any dash skills that benefit from cdr. build a shitload of damage and murder everybody who gets near.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ashe ult benefits massively from CDR

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.

Firebert posted:

Ashe straight up gets stronger auto-attacks and stronger slows from crit that's how her passive works.

You are correct I was thinking her old passive, sorry!

Also, by you are correct I mean wrong. Technically attack speed also increases single target damage, I was speaking relative to the amount of gold spent I suppose, if I was speaking anything. Get IE then whatever your heart desires. Otherwise when you come back with zeal vs enemy BF sword you will be relying on your support to make plays rather than being able to duel the enemy ADC.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Also Ashe isn't a hyper-carry she is a utility ADC. The only hypercarries left are Vayne, Twitch and maaaaaybe Jinx.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Ashe ult benefits massively from CDR

gimping your damage to slightly improve a support skill you won't be able to use more than once per teamfight anyway is not a winning strategy

Firebert posted:

Also Ashe isn't a hyper-carry she is a utility ADC. The only hypercarries left are Vayne, Twitch and maaaaaybe Jinx.

you think ashe is a utility carry because you are deliberately buying items that reduce her damage output significantly

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
No I think she's a utility carry because she has 3 skills that are utility based and a bad steroid.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Isn't Ashe called a utility carry by like..everyone at pro level play?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

good stuff

shucks, i won't be able to play alone with nine potential sociopath weirdos that obsess over their ranking in a videogame so much that they demanded to be isolated from all other human contact to prove how impressive they are relative to people with friends. i guess i'll just have to... play with my friends... :(

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Kashuno posted:

Isn't Ashe called a utility carry by like..everyone at pro level play?

The key word in that phrase is "carry". Itemizing for CDR does next to nothing for her damage output. I'd only go for a CDR build if your team really lacked good CC but had plenty of damage.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

you think ashe is a hyper carry because you are deliberately buying items that reduce her utility output significantly

It's true that ER + Zeal-item is less autoattack damage than IE + Zeal-item of course. Sometimes your team is 3 tanks, a supporty mid like Lulu, and you as ADC and then you need to build for damage for example. If your team isn't short on early damage she really is quite good with max CDR. Volley goes from slowing them often to always, and acting almost like an AoE DoT. Hawkshot is up just all the time, which sounds unexciting but people gush about blue trinket and Hawkshot can be like blue trinket on crack. Her ult can be a free kill every time it's up, so more arrows = more kills. It's really not bad.

I get that people think all ADCs must go for the highest possible autoattack build under all circumstances, but is there really no amount of utility that justifies cutting a bit of your damage?

BigLeafyTree fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

DolphinCop posted:

gimping your damage to slightly improve a support skill you won't be able to use more than once per teamfight anyway is not a winning strategy

you think ashe is a utility carry because you are deliberately buying items that reduce her damage output significantly

you know you could just, like...build both, as well as two zeal items, a LW item and boots

(or replace the ER with mercurial i guess if they have a zed/a bunch of CC)

I mean this was kind of the entire point of the ADC itemization update, to make it so your build every game wasn't IE/Shiv/BT/LW/Zerks

Hashtag Yoloswag fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 22, 2016

• Locked thread