Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Mirificus posted:

I still can't believe that someone was actually excited to be doing that.

He was really excited. He was postulating all about watching NPC vessels. If I remember correctly his posts opened up with an explanation of how much he loved watching construction vehicles as a kid, and how he'd love to film that kind of action in game to share with other people who share that passion. (Existence of other people who share that passion subject to interpretation.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
as a guy who could lose some weight myself, can you imagine being Chris' nutritionist?

like he is shoving stuff down his mouth full force and you are like just over to the side being like

'maybe a salad? maybe a nice low carb dinner' as he is like shoving a triple cheeseburger down his throat

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Even though It was part of a wing of three and I swiftly got my rear end handed to me, I couldn't not shoot it.

Where is ol' pedo mcbitcoin these days - has he shown up in the thread recently?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

Had to come back on as I see a couple of ex cultists are amongst the 'awakened'.

Hello friend, what's the status of the the anime highschool girl character customization you were working on

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Goobs posted:

Guys, the game is coming out, they just have to flick a switch.

"never done before", poor things wouldn't be able to claim even that one.

http://youtu.be/22DAO4dl74w

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Galarox posted:

What's the news from the 9th Circle of hell EightAce?

I will provide a full and honest breakdown in the am , gmt . Just back after long flight so need to collect my thoughts.
However, ......this whole thing is beyond hosed. Even beyond professor Smarts wildest wet dreams.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Eonwe posted:

as a guy who could lose some weight myself, can you imagine being Chris' nutritionist?

like he is shoving stuff down his mouth full force and you are like just over to the side being like

'maybe a salad? maybe a nice low carb dinner' as he is like shoving a triple cheeseburger down his throat

I imagine that it's faster to just break out the black longsleeves when your client's goiter is the size of a Sparrow's nest.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

LTI is only useful from a convenience standpoint - you don't have to worry about missing premiums on hull insurance. I have everything in the Armada Pack + a Glaive, Sabre, BMM, Carrack, Caterpillar, Cutlass Blue, M50, 350R, Khartu-Al and Phoenix

Armada Pack ($2500)
Gladius $90, SuperHornet $165, Gladiator $165, Sabre $170, Gemini $250, Vanguard $250, Retaliator $275, Idris P $1250

Single ships
Glaive $350, Sabre $170, Banu Merchantman $250, Carrack $350, Caterpillar $245, Cutlass Blue $150, M50 $80, 350R $100, Khartu-Al $150, Phoenix $350

Ok, so I might be out on the price with a few as they changed prices, (you also seem to have two sabres), I make that $5,495. You said you've covered some of the cost by trading stuff, but even considering that and assuming you could sell everything you own, it's still value you could get out.

When is the last time you played a pc game and thought to yourself, damm I wish I'd got in on this game earlier, I could easily have spent $5k on it?

I suspect the reason you believe LTI will be useful, despite all the evidence to show it's just a marketing gimmick, is that it helps you justify to yourself spending so much. Now, I'm not judging, it's your money you do what you like, but I've been there, not quite as bad as you but close. You know this isn't normal don't you?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

Had to come back on as I see a couple of ex cultists are amongst the 'awakened'.
While you're here, how are things going now that Chris is back on your side of the pond, EightAce?

EightAce posted:

I will provide a full and honest breakdown in the am. this whole thing is beyond hosed. Even beyond professor Smarts wildest wet dreams.
That well, huh?

Derek Smart is soon to have posted:

"IT HAS BEEN BEYOND hosed SINCE CHRIS PICKED CryENGINE! AS I HAVE BEEN SAYING SINCE JULY!!!"

G0RF fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 22, 2016

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

I will provide a full and honest breakdown in the am , gmt . However, ......this whole thing is beyond hosed. Even beyond professor Smarts wildest wet dreams.

Oh my... :f5: :f5:

fake e: dammit I will have to catch up with the thread and your insightful, um, insights tomorrow after work... took me 4 hrs today and that was skim reading at points at least until Manofmanyanuses came along, then I had to read every post for the comedy. And it has been gold.

Galarox fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Mar 22, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

EightAce posted:

Man- of ~many -anuses. Many thanks for your 4k pledge. With this well considered financial gesture you have paid for one personal nutritionists wages, for one month. And mien gott, doesn't Chris look ripped ......

lmao

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

EightAce posted:

Man- of ~many -anuses. Many thanks for your 4k pledge. With this well considered financial gesture you have paid for one personal nutritionists wages, for one month. And mien gott, doesn't Chris look ripped ......

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EFyBWMViKw&t=1311s

ya whoah did ehp did eh woh did

Ben Lesnick - Developer.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

EightAce posted:

finally someone else noticed, chris looks great lately imho

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 7, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

ManofManyAliases posted:

LTI is only useful from a convenience standpoint - you don't have to worry about missing premiums on hull insurance.

So it's a convenience because the ship buyer doesn't have to worry about insuring it. So right now, as none of this actually exists, you can place any arbitrary value on it and its only selling point is 'convenience' - because if you buy it with the ship it will avoid you having to buy it separately later?

At what point did other folk here start to see this all breaking down and falling apart? Isn't this the kind of thing that should make the light go on?

So -
You buy lifetime insurance, and a new ship is subsidised when you lose it. So the new ship is a bit cheaper.

You buy 6-12 month insurance, and a new ship is subsidised until the insurance period runs out - what happens then? You pay full price for a new ship? If I buy a new replacement ship and pay for LTI so I don't have to pay full price if I lose it, I can rebuy that same ship at the subsidised price forever - doesn't that effectively make the whole insurance mechanic redundant? An LTI ship is just rebuying the same ship at a cheaper price, that's all it is.

A ship without insurance is just a more expensive ship to rebuy. That's all that does.

So how do you get away with selling this for real $$$ ?

Before knowing how much ingame grinding/making money time this is actually going to save you, it is impossible and laughable to be attaching a monetary value to it.

If none of the rest of this game is a scam, this insurance business most certainly is. I had no idea about it until today. Selling these ships that don't exist is bad enough, selling insurance for them without any game mechanics in place is a joke.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

loving travel lodge. Cunts.....Guten nacht

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

EightAce posted:

Real progress ends the second that the Stimporers vessel docks in 'Wimslow, the heart of Manchester'. However more people internally are waking up . This project will see completion , 20% what was promised ... In and around .. 2021! Seriously, that is what is being bandied around. 'There's plenty of cash, ignore the noise . It gets done when it gets done.'

So, you're telling me... It'll be completed.

*invests 4k$*

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

I will provide a full and honest breakdown in the am , gmt . Just back after long flight so need to collect my thoughts.
However, ......this whole thing is beyond hosed. Even beyond professor Smarts wildest wet dreams.

Pre-emptive :five:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

EightAce posted:

loving travel lodge. Cunts.....Guten nacht

This seems redundant.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

Real progress ends the second that the Stimporers vessel docks in 'Wimslow, the heart of Manchester'. However more people internally are waking up . This project will see completion , 20% what was promised ... In and around .. 2021! Seriously, that is what is being bandied around. 'There's plenty of cash, ignore the noise . It gets done when it gets done.'

gently caress me. That's got to be a red flag hasn't it?

EightAce posted:

'There's plenty of cash'

EightAce posted:

'plenty of cash'

I'd start running now.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

I was only slightly too pessimistic then... I will revise.

Rest well, mate. We look forward to further updates.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Hmm this just seems....familiar....

http://oglaf.com/bilge/

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

EightAce posted:

I work as a software dev, if my project manager ever said anything like this I would instantly assume that there's something very bad happening with my project.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

I was only slightly too pessimistic then... I will revise.

Rest well, mate. We look forward to further updates.

:tinfoil: but... but... we're only 6 months into development and clearly its 40% complete.... :tinfoil:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

LTI is only useful from a convenience standpoint - you don't have to worry about missing premiums on hull insurance. I have everything in the Armada Pack + a Glaive, Sabre, BMM, Carrack, Caterpillar, Cutlass Blue, M50, 350R, Khartu-Al and Phoenix

The inconvenience of clicking YES when the "Your insurance has expired, would you like to renew?" Message pops up?

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Meanwhile, in my current procedurally generated space technically-not-a-game:

It's so relaxing to aimlessly putter about space.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
AVERT YOUR EYES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94bHeJAoou8

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Galarox posted:

:tinfoil: but... but... we're only 6 months into development and clearly its 40% complete.... :tinfoil:

Actually if you compare it to how much content wing commander had and consider the fidelity, the game is already over 5000% complete.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 22, 2016

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

EightAce posted:

Man i cant wait to read about it.

Also, what happened in the last 6 or so hours to jump the post count by almost 800 since i glanced at it when i woke up?

Something seriously funny i hope. Im gonna need funny before going into work today.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

grimcreaper posted:

Man i cant wait to read about it.

Also, what happened in the last 6 or so hours to jump the post count by almost 800 since i glanced at it when i woke up?

Something seriously funny i hope. Im gonna need funny before going into work today.

A $4k SC backer graced us with his presence

E: and belt

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

TacticalNecromancy posted:

It's so relaxing to aimlessly putter about space.

I can't wait until I'm old enough to "putter about"

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Looks like this is a good time to "reinvest" in Star Citizen!

The fact that Christ Roberts is personally fighting for PC gaming and against the evil publishers, and is willing to delay release "until the game is done" fills me with absolute confidence.

EightAce: does this mean you guys actually started working on the design roadmaps?

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

EightAce posted:

Seriously, that is what is being bandied around. 'There's plenty of cash, ignore the noise . It gets done when it gets done.'

This is a great line, coming after cig's latest sale turned out a fat stinking turd.

If that is being talked about around the office, then we're approaching the end. Nobody who is self evidently financial solvent talks about "plenty of cash"

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

EightAce posted:

wowzers

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Daztek posted:

A $4k SC backer graced us with his presence

E: and belt

$4,000.00 US dollars down the drain. I wouldnt even blow that on a new computer IF i could afford it, let alone a game thats never coming out. Thats more sad and depressing than funny.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Sperglord posted:

This is a great line, coming after cig's latest sale turned out a fat stinking turd.

If that is being talked about around the office, then we're approaching the end. Nobody who is self evidently financial solvent talks about "plenty of cash"

That's what I'm saying - I think it's a massive red flag. It's sorta "Move along, nothing to see here" isn't it?

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

EightAce posted:

Well I mean, been lurking since thread 1, but yes. I wanted to frolick in the glory of this thread.

EightAce posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

Eonwe posted:

this is my cat

she gets in cabinets sometimes

Seriously, they could be siblings. Does yours also meow at you incessantly and crave unending affection?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

GabrielMobius posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

Jet lag. A Dev ghost talking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

grimcreaper posted:

$4,000.00 US dollars down the drain. I wouldnt even blow that on a new computer IF i could afford it, let alone a game thats never coming out. Thats more sad and depressing than funny.

You don't understand. Not only was it "disposable income", it was spent over 2.5 years.

Also you're clearly a poor commoner.

• Locked thread