Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

D1E posted:

Looks like this is a good time to "reinvest" in Star Citizen!

The fact that Christ Roberts is personally fighting for PC gaming and against the evil publishers, and is willing to delay release "until the game is done" fills me with absolute confidence.

EightAce: does this mean you guys actually started working on the design roadmaps?

When they're "finished" they'll look back and the roadmap will be one large circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EightAce posted:

I will provide a full and honest breakdown in the am , gmt .

G0RF posted:

That well, huh?

Galarox posted:

Oh my... :f5: :f5:

ALL of you need to check your PM RIGHT NOW!!

SECURITY BREACH ALERT!!!

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 22, 2016

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Jet lag. A Dev ghost talking.

It's more the content. I knew poo poo was bad but god drat.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

D1E posted:

You don't understand. Not only was it "disposable income", it was spent over 2.5 years.

Also you're clearly a poor commoner - who doesn't understand game development

FTFY

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016
Finally some more juicy deets inbound from 8A!

:f5:

e: and Dr. Smart blowing a fuse? Pay dirt!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

GabrielMobius posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo

For you and/or anyone else who's new to this thread or been having trouble keeping up, EightAce works for CIG in their UK offices, ironically meaning this thread has more insight into their "open development" than any thread on the official forums.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
"when it's done" - a phrase heralding nothing but good news in game development since the late 90's.

Sperglord
Feb 6, 2016

Galarox posted:

That's what I'm saying - I think it's a massive red flag. It's sorta "Move along, nothing to see here" isn't it?

You're right, it is a huge, glaring, words can barely capture the size of this red flag. A company which talks like that is going down hard.

I wonder if CIG had banked on a sq42 sales boosy which failed to materialize and, absent that, their cashflow predictions have reached dangerous territory. That could explain the shift in confidence. A few weeks ago, eightace said that cig was good for another year. Now the office talk is this?

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Chalks posted:

For you and/or anyone else who's new to this thread or been having trouble keeping up, EightAce works for CIG in their UK offices, ironically meaning this thread has more insight into their "open development" than any thread on the official forums.

I must have skimmed some pages, last I saw EightAce was just heavily alluding to knowing a guy. I know the content is valid, like I said above, it's just... the actual content itself makes my mind reel. How do I keep being surprised by the hot mess that is this game's development?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GabrielMobius posted:

Well I mean, been lurking since thread 1, but yes. I wanted to frolick in the glory of this thread.

What the gently caress is this poo poo

Seriously, they could be siblings. Does yours also meow at you incessantly and crave unending affection?

yes, when I get in, she is meowing and I better be sitting down petting her

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
she also hams it up, she'll roll around on the carpet and show her belly and basically expect attention

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

GabrielMobius posted:

I must have skimmed some pages, last I saw EightAce was just heavily alluding to knowing a guy. I know the content is valid, like I said above, it's just... the actual content itself makes my mind reel. How do I keep being surprised by the hot mess that is this game's development?

Click his posting history filter button (the ? symbol under his avatar) to see what he's said in the past. I didn't believe him until he told us about the departure of some CIG CS reps before it was announced. He claims to work for CIG, at the very least he has solid insider information.

Personally I believe him. They have over 500 people working for them, what are the chances of at least one guy getting loving sick of the project and wanting to vent online? Pretty high IMO. I'm surprised he's the only one tbh.

Chalks fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 22, 2016

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

one question, why does eightace type like english is his second language?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man I'm pretty sure Chris Roberts wrote the new season of Daredevil. :barf:

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Seriously guys, I don't know if the thread has always been like this - but gently caress me, this thing has me gripped.

It just gets more and more mental.

TWENTY TWENTY ONE.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Beet Wagon posted:

Stick and his fingers?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sperglord posted:

This is a great line, coming after cig's latest sale turned out a fat stinking turd.

If that is being talked about around the office, then we're approaching the end. Nobody who is self evidently financial solvent talks about "plenty of cash"
Yeah but they've got a backup plan that is good as gold. It's like printing pure cash. In fact, I'm surprised it's still legal!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

sunaurus posted:

quote:

EightAce posted:
Real progress ends the second that the Stimporers vessel docks in 'Wimslow, the heart of Manchester'. However more people internally are waking up . This project will see completion , 20% what was promised ... In and around .. 2021! Seriously, that is what is being bandied around. 'There's plenty of cash, ignore the noise . It gets done when it gets done.'
I work as a software dev, if my project manager ever said anything like this I would instantly assume that there's something very bad happening with my project.

Yup. And that's usually months before the sudden implosion.

Hint: They're still raising money frantically.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Stick and his fingers?

The writing in general was just hamfisted and dumb.

That part was pretty dope though. Reminded me of life back home in the 4th Stimpire.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Google Butt posted:

Duh because he's British.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Google Butt posted:

If he's from Manchester, it is.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Eonwe posted:

yes, when I get in, she is meowing and I better be sitting down petting her

Eonwe posted:

she also hams it up, she'll roll around on the carpet and show her belly and basically expect attention

Here's a look at what mine does almost constantly. She'll lie like that and paw at the air.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Google Butt posted:

Because Chris Roberts actually uses voice-to-text to type when he posts here.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

grimcreaper posted:

Man i cant wait to read about it.

Also, what happened in the last 6 or so hours to jump the post count by almost 800 since i glanced at it when i woke up?

Something seriously funny i hope. Im gonna need funny before going into work today.

As someone else said, a true believer got caught in our jpeg trap, and we've been poking him with a stick.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Beet Wagon posted:

The writing in general was just hamfisted and dumb.

That part was pretty dope though. Reminded me of life back home in the 4th Stimpire.

Reluctantly agree even though I did enjoy it......SUIT WAS AWESOME THOUGH WOO!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Does it stay bad? I'm one or two episodes into the second season and its sucked compared to the first season so far.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yes. Yes it does.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

tooterfish posted:

If he's from Manchester, it is.

truth. cant understand what the hell they're saying.

GabrielMobius
Mar 22, 2016

everything is fine

Chalks posted:

Click his posting history filter button (the ? symbol under his avatar) to see what he's said in the past. I didn't believe him until he told us about the departure of some CIG CS reps before it was announced. He claims to work for CIG, at the very least he has solid insider information.

Personally I believe him. They have over 500 people working for them, what are the chances of at least one guy getting loving sick of the project and wanting to vent online? Pretty high IMO. I'm surprised he's the only one tbh.

I got me some catching up to do, originally I was only following Beer's posting history because I remember him as the sole thing that made the subreddit worth it before his ejecting from the cult.

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Seriously guys, I don't know if the thread has always been like this - but gently caress me, this thing has me gripped.

It just gets more and more mental.

TWENTY TWENTY ONE.

I first started reading the thread to find out what SC was all about, now I can't stop reading. It's like a deranged telenovela; I've no idea what's going on, everyone's hamming it up and pretending things are fine, they're rearranging the deckchairs on the S.S. Titánico and I just can't stop watching and occasionally shitposting. :munch:

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

FrankieGoes posted:

As someone else said, a true believer got caught in our jpeg trap, and we've been poking him with a stick.

drat honeypots

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

GabrielMobius posted:

I got me some catching up to do, originally I was only following Beer's posting history because I remember him as the sole thing that made the subreddit worth it before his ejecting from the cult.

Actually, he was excommunicated from the faith.

This is perhaps a subtle but very important distinction.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

Does she then do what I call "TRAP" ie: "Mmm look I'm a kitty all langrous and inviting, come stroke my belly..." then when you do, all four paws deathgrip your hand and mutilate it? My catte does that and I fall for it every time, cos, well she just looks so inviting :rolleyes:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

GabrielMobius posted:

Here's a look at what mine does almost constantly. She'll lie like that and paw at the air.

do we live in the same apartment? look at this picture of my cat and the blanket

christmas cat, she looks bewildered

dino cat

hipster cat

lazy cat

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQcPLhYcDdI&t=470s

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

D_Smart posted:

ALL of you need to check your PM RIGHT NOW!!

SECURITY BREACH ALERT!!!

gently caress you unky Derek, I haven't gotten my check for nearly a month. If you want people to put real time end effort into all these ops of yours, you need to pay promptly.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

:laffo:
Can't. Breathe.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Derek: what do your inside sources tell you? Care to update your timeline until Chris and Sandi flee the country for Venezuela?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
TWENTY TWENTY ONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What's the latest on the lawsuit? Come on Derek, you promised there would be a lawsuit!

• Locked thread