Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i wanna see more non-bipedal stuff. give me scolipede, nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
this game has a more streamlined online experience than SF5.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im loving pissed off that Hitmonlee isnt in this. STupid rear end developers dont get it.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Yeah I don't know why Hitmonchan/Lee/Top aren't in this game. Give us the DLC, Nintendo. :colbert:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Pokemon That are cool that should be in Pokken:

e: fixed the framerate

Maple Leaf fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 22, 2016

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I agree. Please also add Dusknoir and Banette to my list, and maybe Scizor.

But not Zoroark.

Edit: oh and Toxicroak. And Marowak, again

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Xad posted:

Yeah I don't know why Hitmonchan/Lee/Top aren't in this game. Give us the DLC, Nintendo. :colbert:

Probably because it feels like half the cast is already gen 1 pokes and they felt they should acknowledge that others exist too.

I'm fine with them never showing up or at least not until we get a lot more in terms of generation variation.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Pokemon That are cool that should be in Pokken:

Hawlucha
Marowak
Greninja
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Infernape
Garbodor
Scyther
Aerodacty
Shedinja
Shuckle

Probopass can be support

No, maybe, maybe, no, no, no, yes, maybe, yes, funny joke answer, funny joke answer.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Hitmonlee could have filled the much needed Bruce Lee imposter slot on the roster

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Also where the hell is Scrafty, the best fighting type?

Duel Mode high stance would obviously be pulling up his pants/shed skin.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

mabels big day posted:

No, maybe, maybe, no, no, no, yes, maybe, yes, funny joke answer, funny joke answer.

I was not joking about Shedinja or Shuckle. Shuckle would have a hyper defensive playstyle, mixed with status effects, and Shedinja wouldn't have the same 1 hp gimmick it has in the games, but would have a lot of tools for evasion and damage output.

Also it would have a resurrection gimmick similar to Gill In SF3

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I would choose, if I had the power, either Doublade or Aegislash, or Meloetta for cool stance changing mechanics which I think would fit the game nicely. Meloetta could be something like Aria in Field and Pirouette in Duel or switch stances whenever. I think it'd be fun.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Broseph Brostar posted:

Hitmonlee could have filled the much needed Bruce Lee imposter slot on the roster

friend, blaziken already does this

hell his winning outro is him holding a kick in the air while going "waaaaaaa"

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

Reiley posted:

I would choose, if I had the power, either Doublade or Aegislash, or Meloetta for cool stance changing mechanics which I think would fit the game nicely. Meloetta could be something like Aria in Field and Pirouette in Duel or switch stances whenever. I think it'd be fun.

I like this idea.They could use a similar Mechanic with Deoxys, let him shift between Attack, Defense, Speed, and Normal

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Rafza posted:

friend, blaziken already does this

hell his winning outro is him holding a kick in the air while going "waaaaaaa"

That reminds me, they should show you your opponent's victory pose instead of only your Pokemon's defeat pose. The outro's give the Pokemon a ton of personality but you only get to see them when you play as them.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
All you guys are talking about cool pokemon and I just want Mr. Mime.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Broseph Brostar posted:

That reminds me, they should show you your opponent's victory pose instead of only your Pokemon's defeat pose. The outro's give the Pokemon a ton of personality but you only get to see them when you play as them.

same, but with intros too. although then we'd miss out on the suicune death stare.

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.
I'm really glad to see some Probopass and Garbodor love in this thread, as I kept vainly hoping for my trashboy to be in the game. :') I am kinda bummed there aren't any bugs or proper poison types (not counting Gengar, he's a dang ghost through and through). Been primarily messing with Weavile and they seem cool but I've been thoroughly stomped in every online match I've attempted.

Also did anyone else notice the pile of Mokujins in the dojo stage?

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

hitmontop should be in over hitmonlee or hitmonchan because he can be the eddy gordo analogue

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

i like the meloetta idea, that makes sense and would be cute

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbgLbes0QJU

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Turns out a friend of mine bought a wii u for this game so I said gently caress it and plunged in myself.

I gotta say as someone who has been playing fighting games all my life, for the first hour or so going through tutorials in this game I was utterly bewildered on whats going on. Its a bit better now but I just fear the field phase and want to get into duel phase as fast as possible.

Also i did the combo training thing for Blaziken and you have to do instant air legs just like chun in sf5 so I feel at home with that.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
all right this combo every pikachu does that takes off nearly half my health and can't be interrupted is really getting old.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Why does fennekin make you invincible. Do any other supports do that?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

mabels big day posted:

Why does fennekin make you invincible. Do any other supports do that?

electrode does counter, but that's explicitly stated when you choose him, and the counter, iirc only works for one solid hit before activation (meaning multihit moves will still hit you)

fennekin just straight up ignores everything for a couple of seconds, it sucks

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Here's the real list of Pokemon that should make it in

Scizor
Scrafty
Golurk
Feraligator
Malamar
Aegislash
Galvantula
Ditto

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Why isn't Raichu in this game Raichu is much stronger and cooler than Pikachu.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Evil Canadian posted:

Why isn't Raichu in this game Raichu is much stronger and cooler than Pikachu.

They forgot he existed at least a decade ago.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
https://twitter.com/hir0yuk1/status/712189793208143872
(Shadow Mewtwo has an unbeatable infinite)

:negative: Bamco please

E: more specifically, if you ever block the pillar, you're stuck in the block animation forever as it doesn't guard break, so they can chip you down to 1hp and instantly heal it back with synergy and you're pretty much entirely hosed outside of some godlike play

Emalde fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 23, 2016

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Rafza posted:

i...think thats when you two are grabbing each other; it cancels each other out. its not exactly like tech throws in other games, but i've had it happen repeatedly as well, it might be frame-perfect or near it

e: i could be wrong though, idunno, i have grabbed someone grabbing me and either won or lost the grab because i was either early or late

Yeah I really am not sure. It isn't a stance thing because only Charizard has the grab immune stance and I have seen it on other characters. It also isn't attacking as I see no attack being thrown before or after the grab.

Could be a tech hit sort of mechanic but I cannot seem to replicate it myself.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Here's the real list of Pokemon that should make it in

Scizor
Scrafty
Golurk
Feraligator
Malamar
Aegislash
Galvantula
Ditto

Maybe, maybe, hell yeah, hell yeah, no, maybe, maybe but probably not, no.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with Suicune's? I'm having real trouble dealing with their range, and blocking and moving up little by little isn't really helping me. I know it's probably just "get better at jumping over ranged attacks" but i'm bad at that and looking for another strategy.

Also, I have no idea what sorcery was cast to create this game's netcode but it's been amazing.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Broseph Brostar posted:

Nah, he'd be the Sagat/Adon imposter.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also, I have no idea what sorcery was cast to create this game's netcode but it's been amazing.

Yeah just played a few matches online, netcode seems really legit(especially since wireless is basically the only option for wii u). That and matchmaking is blazing fast holy cow.

I basically still don't know what to do but that was good enough to win most my matches. Is there like, a shoryuken.com or videoseries or something for this game to teach you whats actually going on?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah just played a few matches online, netcode seems really legit(especially since wireless is basically the only option for wii u). That and matchmaking is blazing fast holy cow.

There are $10 ethernet adapters for WiiU which only make your connection better, the offbrand ones still work all the same and are highly recommended.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Just give me Metagross.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Does anyone have any advice for dealing with Suicune's? I'm having real trouble dealing with their range, and blocking and moving up little by little isn't really helping me. I know it's probably just "get better at jumping over ranged attacks" but i'm bad at that and looking for another strategy.

who's your main character?

I use weavile for example and how I deal with suicunes is on field phase I go at an angle. If they homing water missile orb I jump X them. If they do anything else I agility to the side and then flank.

In duel phase I approach with slide (goes under beam) and if they jump beam I switch sides on them (usually with another slide) and punish with a full combo. I try and stop myself from jump attacking because their counter is really effective vs what weavile wants to do (and usually counter pierces my counter). If they're doing other stuff, I use jump~b~a~forward a to close the distance.

Dosvidanya fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Mar 23, 2016

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."
Welp, I just bodied ChrisG on stream. (I was literally his first 12 matches online)

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Spacebump posted:

They forgot he existed at least a decade ago.

Raichu got a buff in pokemon generation six! They totally remember he exists!

They also want to make money and Pikachu is a recognized brand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Dosvidanya posted:

who's your main character?

I use weavile for example and how I deal with suicunes is on field phase I go at an angle. If they homing water missile orb I jump X them. If they do anything else I agility to the side and then flank.

In duel phase I approach with slide (goes under beam) and if they jump beam I switch sides on them (usually with another slide) and punish with a full combo. I try and stop myself from jump attacking because their counter is really effective vs what weavile wants to do (and usually counter pierces my counter). If they're doing other stuff, I use jump~b~a~forward a to close the distance.

weavile's jumping x in field phase is loving godlike, i fight so many zoners who have no idea how to deal with it.

• Locked thread