Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

When does the US store normally update? Because I want to open palm slam my mouse or phone screen and buy Bully the nanosecond it hits the store.

That will make Ps2, wii, 360, and now ps4 that I own that game on, and it's always worth it

Hell yes purchased and downloading so I can play after work. :pcgaming:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

KingShiro posted:

It's an OK game, the controls are kinda bad but when you get the auto-aim that snaps to the head it's a lot more bearable. As long as you know what you're getting into, have at it.

Is the game structured like the other games? Open area, lots of side activities to do, silly yet entertaining story etc?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
$8 for a dumb game where I play a cat knocking poo poo over? Sure. I'm in.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

croutonZA posted:

Is the game structured like the other games? Open area, lots of side activities to do, silly yet entertaining story etc?

It has most of the same stuff as the main games, there's an extra side activity involves going down a number of levels in the sewers to unlock stuff (I think it's each characters ultimate weapon, don't remember) and to fight Amon

There's the normal areas of the Kamurocho, and there are cordoned off areas where the zombos are.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know/tried that exceptionally SNES RPG looking Dragon Fantasy thing?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Mithaldu posted:

Except in Mario there is no implication that exploration is something that's rewarded. You know from the get-go that you're only supposed to get through and that's it. Guacamelee bills itself as a metroidvania and comes with all the hallmarks of one, upgrades, locked paths, backtracking, convoluted maps, yet lacks the one thing that makes metroidvanias special: Nonlinearity.

Doesn't mean the game is poo poo, since the brawling is actually quite fun and the graphics neat.

However it's worth pointing out to preempt the disappointment on realization.

The fighting is good, the platforming is good, co-op is a lot of fun, and there's a lot worth going back and exploring to find. I don't think it ever matters at all that you have to fight the bosses in a specific order. It didn't sell itself as a big nonlinear choice game.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Wasn't there a promotion from about a month ago that we should have gotten our 15 credit for spending 100 by now?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

got mine

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Haha what the hell. It was in my 'from playstation' on my ps4 but I never got an email.

15 bucks richier!

Consider this a public announcement because you need to redeem that by the 31st.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
edit: whoops this isn't the general ps4 thread

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 22, 2016

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

do mark of kri and its prequel/sequel rise of kasai hold up in 2016? i remember playing a bit of kri and thinking it was just an action game. anyone have strong feelings for either?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Real hurthling! posted:

do mark of kri and its prequel/sequel rise of kasai hold up in 2016? i remember playing a bit of kri and thinking it was just an action game. anyone have strong feelings for either?

I'm quite a fan of them but I think you'll need some nostalgia help with the gameplay. They're action stealth games in the vein of a Batman or Mordor but without the modern gameplay they offer. They had some innovative ideas and after a bit you can see the early 3d action game problems they were solving or trying to solve.

I think the art style gives it a lot more leeway graphically than a lot of PS2 games would have. Outside of the flat plane geometry at times, nothing needs to be excused really. The art and presentation is almost enough to recommend it. It's just they had some gameplay ideas that were smart but ultimately clumsy.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone know/tried that exceptionally SNES RPG looking Dragon Fantasy thing?

I liked the first one on phones but it was much more of a DQ homage than the second/this one looks like. I guess I can't tell you too much other than its humour was in a good place, with a bandit mob named Stealy Dan.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Speaking of which, are there any good JRPGs on PS4 or have they been mostly regulated to the handhelds?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

Speaking of which, are there any good JRPGs on PS4 or have they been mostly regulated to the handhelds?

Digimon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Okage

E.G.G.S.
Apr 15, 2006

Manhunt just popped up for NA, it was only showing up for Europe earlier. $14.99

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

axleblaze posted:

$8 for a dumb game where I play a cat knocking poo poo over? Sure. I'm in.

It's fun so far! I knocked over a dinosaur and ended up in an evil laboratory with a bunch of eyeballs.

This game feels like it was made for VR. Also it's making me stupid motion sick!

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Man, let me know when they finally port The Warriors to PS4. Probably the most underrated Rockstar game and I've love to play it again!

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

It's fun so far! I knocked over a dinosaur and ended up in an evil laboratory with a bunch of eyeballs.

This game feels like it was made for VR. Also it's making me stupid motion sick!

What game is this again?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Nickoten posted:

What game is this again?

Catlateral Damage. You can unroll toilet paper to increase your strength :3:

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Seconded.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

The Duke posted:

Man, let me know when they finally port The Warriors to PS4. Probably the most underrated Rockstar game and I've love to play it again!

wasn't this ported to the psp?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

RadicalR posted:

wasn't this ported to the psp?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC2yt_P6rUw&t=58s

It's on PSN as well, i believe.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

I wonder if something happened to Trackmania. Doesn't seem to be up on PSN yet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well the release date is the 24th afaik.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
Earth Defense Force 4.1 is finally on sale - $34.99/$29.99 Plus
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/earth-defense-force-41-the-shadow-of-new-despair/cid=UP1023-CUSA03131_00-EARTHDEFFORCE4P1

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

The physical version of Trackmania released yesterday. Digitally it doesn't come out till tomorrow for whatever reason.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

It's available but in a weird roundabout way: you download the demo, in the demo is a full version unlock you can buy but can't access any other way. As a bonus, it's $40 in Canada. Savings!

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Sorry trackmania. I'm gonna buy this and probably wait until you're on sale.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

For all of you guys picking up EDF, TouchMy_Body and I just started it and want online coop friends.

Psn : BigBoswell

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Shadow225 posted:

For all of you guys picking up EDF, TouchMy_Body and I just started it and want online coop friends.

Psn : BigBoswell

Go ahead and add me for edf

PSN: Ineffiablefx. I'll start playing a lot next week.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I've bought a lot of games in the past two days...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ineffiable posted:

Go ahead and add me for edf

PSN: Ineffiablefx. I'll start playing a lot next week.

I'm down to play
Psn mera_mendacia

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So is EDF2: Invaders from Planet Space on Vita, on sale for $14.99 with Plus.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Catlateral Damage feels like an xblig game but it feels like one of those rare xblig games that's actually fun. $8 is still kinda stretching it for a game that looks lie it took $5 and a 2 liter of Mountain Dew to make but it's also pretty as advertised.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
For those with a Japanese PSN account, there are a few Sega PS2 Classics on sale for 500 Yen

Gain Ground/ゲイングランド

Galaxy Force II/ギャラクシーフォースⅡ スペシャル エクステンデッド エディション

Bonanza Bros. Collection/イチニのタントアールとボナンザブラザーズ

Dragon Force/ドラゴンフォース

Dynamite Deka/ダイナマイト刑事

Phantasy Star Complete Collection/ファンタシースター コンプリートコレクション

Phantasy Star Generation 1 /ファンタシースター generation: 1

Phantasy Star Generation 2/ファンタシースター generation: 2

Gunstar Heroes Treasure Box/ガンスターヒーローズ ~トレジャーボックス~

Sega Memorial Collection/セガメモリアルセレクション

Space Harrier Complete Collection/スペースハリアーⅡ ~スペースハリアーコンプリートコレクション~

There are a few other games on sale, but those have already been released in the west

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish they would put the Sega Genesis Collection out in the US for PS4

Cainer
May 8, 2008

This is super tempting, anyone on hand know how good the local coop experience is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

It works great

• Locked thread