Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

13Pandora13 posted:

There is very little "texture" on her skin and the fabric on that one shot - the other pictures in the article are less retouched. I'm not sure why the heavy 'shopping, she looks AMAZING and the costume is very well executed, the 'shopping takes away from the touches of the fabrication IMHO.

You haven't noticed the fabric body suit she is wearing then?

I will say, they sharpened every edge of her to a razor sharp point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

VendaGoat posted:

You haven't noticed the fabric body suit she is wearing then?

I will say, they sharpened every edge of her to a razor sharp point.

I did, and in the other pictures it looks different even (necessity of the ridiculousness of character costume design, that or head to toe toupee tape). He face looks off in that picture and there's just no reason for it, she looks super close to the character on her own + makeup and the smoothing in photoshop makes it look weird.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
The 'shadow' of her boot still has the highlight on it, LOL. Unless it's meant to be a reflection in the shiny tiles, in which case it's in the wrong position.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
dp

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

starkebn posted:

Well, it's a really good job. Ridiculous character design though.

Hi! Welcome to anime! Can I interest you in a 900 year old demi-god who literally gets off on people killing each other but looks like a pre-teen girl? (GATE gets really bad, you guys.)

\/\/\/It's also sort of kind of a pro-war propaganda show in which the Japanese SDF never does anything wrong ever, and there is literally no tension. It's impressively boring.

The Repo Man has a new favorite as of 03:04 on Mar 21, 2016

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
It's one of the reasons why I stopped watching it when I couldn't find shows without that sort of aesthetic

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

And let's never forget that "900 year-old demon/spirit/whatever that just so happens to look like they are a 12 year-old school girl" is the thinnest excuse to sexualize children in the world.

Even Fire Emblem does it with the dragon girl and it makes me want to puke.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Hey the dragon girl was in the last Fire Emblem game. The new one has a little girl dressed in a skimpy mage outfit that is actually super old and looks young due to a curse.

Its completely different :shepface:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Anime is trash for garbage people.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Ok, I am asking this in a completely objective tone.
There isn't any accusatory, pedantic or personal tone. This is simply a question of syntax.

Do you understand how

13Pandora13 posted:

There is very little "texture" on her skin and the fabric on that one shot

and

13Pandora13 posted:

I did, and in the other pictures it looks different even

Can seem contradictory, without an explanation as to intent and/or understanding?

This is a simple yes or no question, without any pretext and with no repercussions.

I'm simply curious.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Hey the dragon girl was in the last Fire Emblem game. The new one has a little girl dressed in a skimpy mage outfit that is actually super old and looks young due to a curse.

Its completely different :shepface:

Is it this one?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

no that was the one in the last game

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I just keep hoping that someday they'll go back to less creepy outfit designs for them. Like Bantu. Or Ena

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I just keep hoping that someday they'll go back to less creepy outfit designs for them. Like Bantu. Or Ena

w e l c o m e t o y o u r a n i m e f u t u r e

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Alaois posted:

w e l c o m e t o y o u r a n i m e f u t u r e

Well yeah, it's already happened. And I'm sure it'll happen again despite my disgust with it.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

VendaGoat posted:

Ok, I am asking this in a completely objective tone.
There isn't any accusatory, pedantic or personal tone. This is simply a question of syntax.

Do you understand how

and

Can seem contradictory, without an explanation as to intent and/or understanding?

This is a simple yes or no question, without any pretext and with no repercussions.

I'm simply curious.

A ripple in the skin tone fabric =/= texture. I don't really see what the problem is, her body and the fabric edges are very clearly smoothed out to the point of losing any semblance of "realness."

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
HDC Cosplay and Fabrication

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

He was right by me in line backstage so we got to chat, super nice guy and I love that costume. Glad he won 3rd place.

Here's this year's overall champion, Major Sam Cosplay as a Sakizou design called Julietta Necromancer.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

He was right by me in line backstage so we got to chat, super nice guy and I love that costume. Glad he won 3rd place.

Here's this year's overall champion, Major Sam Cosplay as a Sakizou design called Julietta Necromancer.

Just came up on my feed.
Major Sam Cosplay

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You can't convince that's not an alternate costume for Rita Repulsa.

Kakal
Mar 3, 2008

Amazing. Would only be better if there was a 2-3 foot tall cosplayer with that outfit who did his battle jig, but enough about my own final fantasies.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
And here's what I lost to in Video Games. I'm not even mad.

Steven K Smith Props

Reformed Tomboy
Feb 2, 2005

chu~~

McPantserton posted:

Steven K Smith Props

I didn't know he won! I was following his progress... the first image is just great.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Reformed Tomboy posted:

I didn't know he won! I was following his progress... the first image is just great.

I had to stop following his progress knowing he was in my bracket, haha! He took 1st in video games and 3rd overall. Suuuper nice costume, just wish it had been in another category :v:

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

McPantserton posted:

DAT'S 'KUZ ORKS IZ MADE FOR WINNIN'! :orks101:

But seriously that's pretty rad

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

McPantserton posted:

Is that a wrought iron fence with skulls impaled on it? That alone is incredibly cool.

Hremsfeld posted:

DAT'S 'KUZ ORKS IZ MADE FOR WINNIN'! :orks101:

But seriously that's pretty rad

Wrong orcs. These are the noble savage kind, not the chav kind.

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

Who's he? (Or she?)

A ma'am or a sir
Accept him or her
As whatever it might be
It's time for androgyny
Here comes Pat!

Reo has a new favorite as of 13:56 on Mar 23, 2016

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Reo posted:

Who's he? (Or she?)

Exactly

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/its-pat/n10133

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Reo posted:

Who's he? (Or she?)

It's a character from an old Saturday Night Live sketch called "It's Pat." It was basically the weekly guest trying to figure out if Pat was a man or a woman.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

My favorite version of that was on The Critic when actor Jeremy Hawke guest stars and just peeks in the dressing room, ruining the joke.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

I firmly believe the end of cosplay will be "Sexy Pat."

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I look forward to that, because a good Sexy Pat cosplay will still remain sexually ambiguous.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/meatnechi/status/712467195314315265

Oh my God

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

No double guitar, not shooting flame.
:mediocre:

(It's p good)

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009
It says it's at a graduation ceremony for an art college. Cool.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Hyperlynx posted:

Any orks that aren't the chav kind are wrong orks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hyperlynx posted:

Ork Nobz ar tossahs, Shoota Boyz rulez! :orks101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

????

• Locked thread