Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Hostile V posted:

Talk and tell because if she can tell the corpse isn't Rhys' then there's not much keeping her from finding out who it really belongs to.

Doesn't it belong to multiple people? Vasquez got exploded, they scraped the remnants of several dudes into the tub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Talk to her, and tell her. It may (and probably will) backfire, but it'd be nice to have a cut-throat bitch in your corner if poo poo hits the fan.

EDIT - Lest we forget, Yvette is the one who graced us with our best...second-best? Nah, nah, definitely our besty: Loader-Bot!

FeralWraith fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Mar 22, 2016

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Talk to her and tell her who you are. You can always zap her later if she turns on you again, right?

Hostile V posted:

Talk and tell because if she can tell the corpse isn't Rhys' then there's not much keeping her from finding out who it really belongs to.

It's not like she's going to run the DNA through the entire Hyperion employee database, plus that would probably take hours for a station that size even with space-tech computers. For all she knows the likely candidates are Rhys, Vaughn, or some Pandoran that wouldn't even be in the system anyway. She might run it against Vaughn, but after that comes back negative she's just going to assume it's some random bandit or merc, especially with the "messy firefight" story Kaubocks picked. Unless you give her some reason to suspect that you aren't Vasquez, it shouldn't occur to her to test specifically for the guy that's she's been bitching at whenever she can find him.

...Which I guess means it totally will. Goddammit. :ughh:

Captain Bravo posted:

Doesn't it belong to multiple people? Vasquez got exploded, they scraped the remnants of several dudes into the tub.

No, Vasquez's corpse was by itself back toward the front of the area, and the bomb psycho (the only one who made it that far) probably mostly liquefied. At least enough that they should've been able to tell shrapnel-dissected Vasquez bits apart from the psycho's gibs.

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Stun and don't tell her poo poo. She betrayed Rhys, so clearly this is the right course of action. We don't want her walking around serving as an obstacle, and we want her knowing as little about what's going on as possible.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------
stun her and tell her; Rhys is probably worth more money than Yvette values their friendship, while keeping her in the dark might make her so some more dangerous things to get in our way just because she thinks she is getting back at Vasquez. Stunning her now could let us break the news to her in an environment where she cannot instantly sell us out again.

but I am probably thinking too much into this :v:

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Also I forgot to mention that another reason Gortys is better than Claptrap is that Gortys actually has legs to dance with plus she doesn't bombard you with "hey lookit me I'm dancing!".

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I just want to point out that if we had trusted Jack and acquired our additional team member, he would have been here for this scene, and you can sit back and smirk while you let him take care of her.

Poor Dumpy.

Mourn that these are our only options.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Stick to the Prod.

and Tell Her, because she deserves to know why we're sticking the knife in HER back.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

The thread theme may be "trust your friends," but Yvette is no longer our friend, therefore we should stun her without revealing ourselves.
I always thought Yvette was shifty, but drat, I didn't think she'd betray Rhys this hard.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm back from work. Let's take a quick look at the results of the Gortys/Loader Bot vote!

Gortys - 4
Loader Bot - 20
Both - 3
Neither - 1
Don't make me pick - 1
This vote is bullshit - 3
Dumpy - 1
Fiona's Hat - 2
Vaughn's Abs - 2
Voltron Gorter Bot - 1
Handsome Jack - 1
[INDECISIVE SCREAM] - 1
Loader Bot and Gortys as an adorable robot power couple - 1
People who tried to change their vote but I'm not counting it - 1

Congratulations, Loader Bot! You are the favorite protector of this dumb garbage family. :toot:

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Kaubocks posted:

Congratulations, Loader Bot! You are the favorite protector of this dumb garbage family. :toot:

As it should be. The only way LB could be more of a Bro would be if he literally had Binary Domain's Big Bo's brain as his CPU.

Tell yo momma I love her.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Loader Bot is perfect and radiant and can do no wrong.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNgxyL5zEAk

Stun her and tell her and then stun her again.

Odysseus S. Grant
Oct 12, 2011

Cats is the oldest and strongest emotion
of mankind
>Stone Cold Stunner:ovr:

No reveal.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Stun her, but don't tell her. Let's not jeopardize our mission again.

Gortys is so drat cute. It's ridiculous how it's not getting on my nerves.

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
There needs to be art of Rhys as Stone Cold.

And yeah, stun her straight to hell, and tell her Rhys sent ya.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
Sheesh, where's the hugtrain voting block that's carried this LP through all the way to here? Worse still, where's the duplicitous voting block that talks her down without revealing yourself? You telling me none of you want to put this Vasquez disguise to good use? It's the correct option because it's the one I chose.

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

tell her and stun her. Make her suffer.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Stun her but don't tell her jack. No need to talk to the unconscious. :smuggo:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Talk to her and tell her that you were built to dance!

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Talk to her. Don't tell her poo poo.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Oblivion4568238 posted:

Sheesh, where's the hugtrain voting block that's carried this LP through all the way to here? Worse still, where's the duplicitous voting block that talks her down without revealing yourself? You telling me none of you want to put this Vasquez disguise to good use? It's the correct option because it's the one I chose.

She denied us help and as a result Loader Bot lost his legs. Screw her.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sure, Yvette betrayed us but more importantly she betrayed Vaughn, So she's getting stunned and let's not bother telling her. Chances are the jig is going to be up once the mission ends anyway.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Stun and tell

If only because Rhys has such a great history of successful takedowns and because I'm sure he'll manage to botch the "it's me!" conversation in fun and interesting ways..

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Crasical posted:

Stick to the Prod.

and Tell Her, because she deserves to know why we're sticking the knife in HER back.

This, but the stun baton is going to her face, not her back, silly!

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Oblivion4568238 posted:

The hug train is only for our friends. Yvette is not our friend; ergo we must be as untrusting as possible.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

CaptianKatsura posted:

The hug train is only for our friends. Yvette is not our friend; ergo we must be as untrusting as possible.

And why isn't she your friend? She was part of Rhys' group of himself, Vaughn, and herself way back at the beginning. Is it because she's yelling at who she thinks is Vasquez that he didn't keep his end of the deal? Vaughn did that too, back in Episode 2, you know. And what did the thread do then? They trusted that buff little weirdo, and everything was bro. Why can't Rhys still be bro with Yvette? Huh?

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
Stun her and then watch the look on her stupid stunned face after you tell her

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Just stun the traitor already.

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

Stun and silence.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

And Tell her

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
A lady doesn't stun and tell, but gal, you ain't no lady.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 23, 2016

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

I love our trash family of screw-ups and misfits. :allears:

vetinari100
Nov 8, 2009

> Make her pay.
Talk and don't tell.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette
Stun her but be sure to tell her why you're very, very disappointed and that this is for her own good.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Snitches get stitches and by stitches I mean 1,000 V of vindictive justice.
Also secrets are meant to be kept.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
Can't we all just get along? :ohdear:
Clearly this is just a misunderstanding. The power of love and friendship must win through! Talk to her and [/b]Tell her everything.[/b]

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kaubocks posted:

I'm back from work. Let's take a quick look at the results of the Gortys/Loader Bot vote!

Gortys - 4
Loader Bot - 20
Both - 3
Neither - 1
Don't make me pick - 1
This vote is bullshit - 3
Dumpy - 1
Fiona's Hat - 2
Vaughn's Abs - 2
Voltron Gorter Bot - 1
Handsome Jack - 1
[INDECISIVE SCREAM] - 1
Loader Bot and Gortys as an adorable robot power couple - 1
People who tried to change their vote but I'm not counting it - 1

:kimchi: awwwwwww

Charlett
Apr 2, 2011
I honestly don't care between talk and stun, but since everyone is stunning I'll go with it, stun, but for the love of all things good in the world do not tell her holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ysengrin
Feb 13, 2012
I'm voting talk and don't tell, aka the exact opposite of what I did on my run.

• Locked thread