Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Jesus Christ.

e: If you haven't seen the update on the last post of the previous page it's about the author of Manly Guys Doing Manly Things and her being literally unstoppable in the face of cancer, car crash, and nerve damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

You know, I really feel like I do not like MGDMT nearly half as well as it deserves. It just... fails to hold my attention.

In other news:

I am extremely ready for some fresh mad tiger/crazed dictator shenanigans, oh yes

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
today in o human star

al

al no

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can you get psychologists in bulk? like, by the platoon

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I had that thyroid thing except mine was handled with nuclear instead of the cutting. It's not so bad actually. I mean, it's not fun, but there's far far worse. I'd email her or something with advice but there's no way that doesn't come off as creepy and I'm sure other people have already.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Scaramouche posted:

I had that thyroid thing except mine was handled with nuclear instead of the cutting. It's not so bad actually. I mean, it's not fun, but there's far far worse. I'd email her or something with advice but there's no way that doesn't come off as creepy and I'm sure other people have already.

A quick message that reads "hey I've been in the same boat, condolences, I had mine dealt with via X, has it been considered for you? Good luck in any case" is probably fine.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
So we're into the last thirty-something pages of Demon. The way things are going I'm fully expecting it to be a huge letdown and/or shaggy dog story (as in, more than I was a few months ago)

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I might read the end, have I missed anything since the worthless non-chapter of nothing but black panels that contributed nothing to the story whatsoever?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah there's several hundred Jimmy and Sweetpeas now.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I might read the end, have I missed anything since the worthless non-chapter of nothing but black panels that contributed nothing to the story whatsoever?

In a nutshell:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Jimmy hosed a camel.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I would actually read Sleepless Domain with some kind of interest if it was written/drawn in the way of the current guest strip. It made me laugh.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
It might have been fun to watch Jimmy(s) MacGuyver their way past the squad of demon soldiers with machine guns, but instead they just had Hunter make the stupid and evil move of gassing everyone for the sake of being stupid and evil.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Jimmy's solution to Hunter's defenses was the same brand of stupid evil. Just try again and again like an idiot until you can hide behind the wall of bodies. I still don't really see what the point was in this whole assault instead of just cutting the gordian knot like Jimmy did last time with another missile. Pretty much only one demon would end up escaping, which would be way easier to kill than the entire fortress. But then again, there's no real reason for anything that's happening in that comic.

In Gastrophobia, Gastro's the same ol' Gastro on the inside.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I laughed at Girl Genius today. Send Help.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Green Intern posted:

I laughed at Girl Genius today. Send Help.

Girl Genius actually does have good punchlines on a semi-routine basis, it's just that the ghastly art and deathly slow pace often prevents one from finding them.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if for whatever reason you're not reading kill six billion demons yet, now's a good time to rectify that error

pictured: the greatest of fools, also people realizing they're in a killzone

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Not the best time, what with a week-and-a-half break starting :v:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's not even a week and a half, it's pretty much just a week

a minor blip in the schedule

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
For those who don't read comics, the reason everyone is freaking out around her is simple: The red woman just turned a dude into a tree, then poofed his retainers into cherry blossoms because she's got loving godly magical powers and nobody can gently caress with her. After doing this, everyone bowed to her obvious superiority. Except for Alison, because she's about to kill some loving demons. :getin:

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009

Captain Bravo posted:

For those who don't read comics, the reason everyone is freaking out around her is simple: The red woman just turned a dude into a tree, then poofed his retainers into cherry blossoms because she's got loving godly magical powers and nobody can gently caress with her. After doing this, everyone bowed to her obvious superiority. Except for Alison, because she's about to kill some loving demons. she has no idea what the gently caress she's doing :getin:

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Bravo posted:

For those who don't read comics, the reason everyone is freaking out around her is simple: The red woman just turned a dude into a tree, then poofed his retainers into cherry blossoms because she's got loving godly magical powers and nobody can gently caress with her. After doing this, everyone bowed to her obvious superiority. Except for Alison, because she's about to kill some loving demons. :getin:

when somebody is described as "Bearer of the word GLORY, and Goddess of the Seven Part World" you probably shouldn't gently caress with them

allison didn't even take the time to learn any of mottom's titles, and is therefore invincible

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
I finally read Kill 6 Billion Demons. On the one hand, I can't believe I waited so long because drat this is great. On the other, I'm glad I waited so long because there was more to read.

It especially would have been harder for me to follow when the mythos was not at all established and Alison hadn't yet gotten a chance to show who she was.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
In Poppy news, Kit's stepmother is approaching Critical Punchability levels. God drat.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Captain Oblivious posted:

In Poppy news, Kit's stepmother is approaching Critical Punchability levels. God drat.

She's amazingly unpleasant for someone who doesn't seem to be actually doing anything wrong.

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006
Hey.
Guess what time it is?
Time to ruin your Easter.
I'm so sorry.

http://bunnymeat.webcomic.ws/comics/24

Just posting a link and not uploading a comic. This one's kinda gross.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
drat

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

What the gently caress.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Plethora posted:

loving clickbait :argh:

I'm not going to be so melodramatic as to suggest an :nms: tag, but yeah... if you don't want to see a fairly realistic severed rabbit's foot, don't click through.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Plethora posted:

Hey.
Guess what time it is?
I'm so sorry.

This is the best easter ever.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's kinda weird having those bunny people look at a rabbit paw. Or is that part of the art style? Was it a human hand?

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Air is lava! posted:

It's kinda weird having those bunny people look at a rabbit paw. Or is that part of the art style? Was it a human hand?

It's probably one of those things you shouldn't think too hard about. Like Goofy and Pluto.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Plethora posted:

Hey.
Guess what time it is?
I'm so sorry.

I just love the mom's smiling "tada!" pose. "Look, a severed animal bit leaking blood all over the floor, just for you!"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Megazver posted:

It's probably one of those things you shouldn't think too hard about. Like Goofy and Pluto.

There's a perfectly reasonable explanation for goofy and Pluto.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
If you're too retarded you have to live naked in the dog house.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

mr. stefan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVKXj5nCM4I

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

mr. stefan posted:

Some dogs have no self-respect, Max.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

That was more than a little obscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rand Brittain posted:

She's amazingly unpleasant for someone who doesn't seem to be actually doing anything wrong.

idk if her conduct in the last page counts as not actually doing anything wrong

• Locked thread