Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I'm all in on Vessel of Paramnesia for draft. It's just Ancestral Recall, right?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

mcmagic posted:

I'm all in on Vessel of Paramnesia for draft.

Vessel of Nascency seems good to get Delirium going.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I'm gonna have trouble not calling this Veal Parmesan

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Serperoth posted:

Gitrog Toad not bring spoiled is feel bads.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Angry Grimace posted:

Vessel of Nascency seems good to get Delirium going.

I think the format would have to be VERY slow for that to be good. It's 3 mana for a 1-2 mana effect.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Thanks Mr. Toad
:getin:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

I think the format would have to be VERY slow for that to be good. It's 3 mana for a 1-2 mana effect.

I mean I don't really remember any of the delirium cards off the top of my head; so the effect would have to be really good for it to worth it. I don't think I ever played the Retreats in BFZ either, although I would occasionally take the Fonts in Journey.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

thank mr. pepe

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What a dumb card.

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean I don't really remember any of the delirium cards off the top of my head; so the effect would have to be really good for it to worth it. I don't think I ever played the Retreats in BFZ either, although I would occasionally take the Fonts in Journey.

The retreats weren't awful, especially the white one.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

What a dumb card.

ALL GLORY TO THE GITROG TOAD

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Missed one

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Missed one

THATS how powerful Lingering Souls was...

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I hate getting Witness the End'd in OOB draft and I'm going to hate getting hit with Vessel of Malignity in SOI draft. Well I'm already behind because I mulliganed to five, and now I'm even worse off.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

And yes, the story for this week has the phrase ""All hail the Gitrog" near the end.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

BJPaskoff posted:

I hate getting Witness the End'd in OOB draft and I'm going to hate getting hit with Vessel of Malignity in SOI draft. Well I'm already behind because I mulliganed to five, and now I'm even worse off.

Mind Rot is pretty bad in draft...

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

ALL HAIL THE GITROG TOAD

Although it feels weird to say it, I think I was kind of more excited for this to be some colossal dumb vanilla creature than for what we actually got. It could at least have had trample as a package deal.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Toad is cool.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

ALL HAIL THE GITROG TOAD

Although it feels weird to say it, I think I was kind of more excited for this to be some colossal dumb vanilla creature than for what we actually got. It could at least have had trample as a package deal.

They don't intentionally put Deathtouch and Trample on the same creatures.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

Yeah but it should've had Trample instead.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

mcmagic posted:

Doubly bad in the madness & delirium set.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

I didn't say good players were playing it. :ssh: It's a strange card in that you can imagine Magical Christmasland moments where you get the best two cards in their deck out of the game, but it rarely ever happens. Except to me. My opponents always have it at the most inopportune time.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Kalli posted:

Thats probably why it exiles but it's still meh.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kalli posted:

Which is why all the targeted discard in this set exiles.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
Gitrog Toad seems pretty solid! I'm glad the made it an actual playable.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

One day I'll learn to read cards.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

I'm disappointed that Toad isn't something like a 6/20 5 drop or some such nonsense, I mean the card we got is cool, but, I wanted a constructed caliber vanilla 5 drop.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mcmagic posted:

Yeah. It's very bad and very hilarious.

Those lands are currently being used for Mill, I'm well acquainted with "very bad and very hilarious"

Also condolences to everyone else who wanted a 10/10 vanilla frog.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

stinkles1112 posted:

Gitrog Toad seems pretty solid! I'm glad the made it an actual playable.

It's not playable.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Madmarker posted:

I'm disappointed that Toad isn't something like a 6/20 5 drop or some such nonsense, I mean the card we got is cool, but, I wanted a constructed caliber vanilla 5 drop.

It's a cool build around for for something like a loam deck where if you can find ways to get multiple lands in your yard or self mill you're drawing a ton of cards.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 23, 2016

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

mcmagic posted:

It's not playable.

You and I have different definitions of playable

When I say playable, I mean, "I can put this in a deck, take it to FNM and win some games."

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Angry Grimace posted:

It's a weird build around for like loam decks.

Yeah but those decks have better stuff to be doing.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Toad good. Every time you sac a land you draw a card anyway. Toad good.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

stinkles1112 posted:

You and I have different definitions of playable

When I say playable, I mean, "I can put this in a deck, take it to FNM and win some games."

If they print something like Loam in standard I'll agree with you.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Almost certainly isn't good enough but it seems like a funny thing to do in Dredge. Each dredge probably gives you 2 or more land triggers to dredge again.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

mcmagic posted:

It's not playable.
It's a drat decent topdeck. You get a 6/6 for 5 that converts your excess lands into card draw, and if you draw a bunch of lands you can still toss them down. It's not gonna be the mythic to pull of the set, but I'm not gonna be unhappy if I get it.

Edit: and it makes the Blighted cycle into cantrips which is loving awesome.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm aware, but I figured for a mythic giant monster we could get a more exciting body than 6/6 deathtouch; they've done First Strike+Deathtouch, after all. Maybe add menace instead?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

why doesn't this just say "Permanent Card" instead of listing them out?

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Yeah but those decks have better stuff to be doing.

Yeah, but nobody takes your pronouncements of whether things will ever be good 30 seconds after you see them seriously for an actual reason. Because you don't like anything fun. You just like generically good cards.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Mar 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I mean you can play toad in a deck with 4 evolving wilds for that immediate cycle :v:

• Locked thread