Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butch Otter
Jan 24, 2003

peter banana posted:

Meh, its better than two people defendjng Jonathan's behaviour by claiming all men are covert rapists, I guess.

maybe you should stop listening to the show

and stop posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

peter banana, what societal issues did you see raised in the "Seth's Wife" scenario that this thread should be made aware of? Was the EMT's decision to initally suspect Seth of having the cray-cray part of an identifiable role-based deficiency in our politics? Was the statement made by the rally-cap symbolic of anything outside of signalling a willingness to soon hurl a microphone?

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Jah stole weed from a shaman and I'm never listening to this gay retarded show again

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

peter banana posted:

Meh, its better than two people defendjng Jonathan's behaviour by claiming all men are covert rapists, I guess.

No one defended him or said that you dolt.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Under the vegetable posted:

No one defended him or said that you dolt.

you actually did, because somehow you are stupider than anyone else that posts here

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

And people said the uyd forums were weird

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Is there a gas leak in this thread?

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Alaois posted:

you actually did, because somehow you are stupider than anyone else that posts here

actually i said he was a terrible person and that all of humanity are people who would commit crimes if they thought they could get away with it with no consequences. those are not really even close to the things she claimed were said. gently caress you.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Brb....printing out a couple million copies of these posts and swimming in them scrooge mcduck style.

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

I hope they film the 500 live show - I really wanna see Seth and Jonathan's beautiful grinning faces. A ten year old podcast... The future is now.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
With a spotless veterinarian diet, Seth is sure to look just as vibrant and youthfull as he did in 2006!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Jonathan is not a rapist.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Astrochicken posted:

Is there a gas leak in this thread?

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I like Jonathan Larroquette

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Also to rile up some more poo poo here, I talked to Seth a while ago and he told me the funny or die video is real not staged so do with that what you will

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Hocus Pocus posted:

I don't like using 'gay' and 'retard' myself, but I don't care if two guys on the other side of the world say them.

Both have always seemed at their core good people. And at the end of the day I really like the thing they make - and that far outweighs some questionable language choices.

At a certain point it becomes the 'do you judge art for the artist', and I generally don't, with some exceptions. I find it difficult to enjoy Chinatown the same way anymore because of what a sociopath Roman Polanski is. He raped a teenager a few decades ago and now sues journos who bring it up for defamation, but appears in court via Skype because if he went there physically he'd be extradited. What a piece of poo poo that guy is.

Everyone has different tolerances for what they're willing to accept before dismissing a person's work.

Alright, but what's your stance on blowing retards?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

goldblums eyes posted:

Also to rile up some more poo poo here, I talked to Seth a while ago and he told me the funny or die video is real not staged so do with that what you will

What on earth..

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

goldblums eyes posted:

He told me it was staged. WHAT TO BELIEVE

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I'll tell you what I didn't like. When they went on WTF and Marc kept calling the podcast "Um yeah dude."

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Depths posted:

I like Jonathan Larroquette

Can we get this pic in the OP of the next thread?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Im always surprised how many peoples take on UYD is like "yeah its these two stupid assholes from LA but theyre funny!" Even if they were funny i wouldnt listen to hundreds of hours of a show of just two guys hanging out talking if i thought they were stupid or bad people or whatever. They are really self aware and open about their flaws and thats part of what makes it funny. If you think theyre "bad people" you have really strict standards for what it takes to be a good person, especially Seth who everyone who interacts with him says is the nicest guy ever

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Anyone have a link to the FoD thing that was just mentioned? I have no idea what it is.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

manyak posted:

If you think theyre "bad people" you have really strict standards for what it takes to be a good person, especially Seth who everyone who interacts with him says is the nicest guy ever

I really don't want to get involved in a podcast argument but yea, the people who get really upset about how seth and jonathan behave are kind of insane to me because it really makes me question how often they interact with actual people out in the world.

Agent York Morgan
Apr 28, 2013

Beastie posted:

Anyone have a link to the FoD thing that was just mentioned? I have no idea what it is.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/044048452c/lost-casting-tape

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Finally got around to listening to 494 and "beware of these turkeys" is the funniest thing in the loving world. god bless

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Trabandiumium posted:

i like this podcast it's funny

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Get Innocuous! posted:

Alright, but what's your stance on blowing retards?

Retard like stupid, or retard like 8/10 black babies?

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

Hocus Pocus posted:

Retard like stupid, or retard like 8/10 black babies?

Don't be ridiculous. It's only 1 out of 10.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah. It's really sad.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
495 is up and rock hard.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

coooooooool beans!

Greatest Living Man
Jul 22, 2005

ask President Obama

8 track betamax posted:

495 is up and rock hard.

I haven't listened to it yet but I'm mad at Jonathan already

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

need a weck's wiki but with trigger warnings

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

very triggered by Seth's love of statutory rape with older women and younger boys

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I cant belive Seth raped that 15 year old boy.... Inexcusable imho

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I heard it was a lot kid though, so no need to muster much sympathy.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Some of these E. Normus Johnson slogans are very problematic.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
"I wish I had a son who could hate me as much as I hate myself" may be the best thing Seth has ever said

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Toilet Mouth posted:

"I wish I had a son who could hate me as much as I hate myself" may be the best thing Seth has ever said

It's definitely gonna be something I'm gonna quote a lot from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Could one of you cool cats repost the supercut of all the TCAP bits