Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

cathead posted:

There was confirmation that you will be able to CHOOSE when you want to split off to the new path, so there's no longer any rush to get pirate by tomorrow. Even if you're on profane right now you can choose to continue along the siren->pirate path and go directly to true breeze, which for now is definitely the cheaper option.

I just hope there's enough people to go along this path, so it stays the cheaper option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

cathead posted:

There was confirmation that you will be able to CHOOSE when you want to split off to the new path, so there's no longer any rush to get pirate by tomorrow. Even if you're on profane right now you can choose to continue along the siren->pirate path and go directly to true breeze, which for now is definitely the cheaper option.
It's worthy of note that someone posted the thumbnails of the new path (Oathbreaker) tree, and while it gets a tiny bit more attack power than its currently existing equivalents, it doesn't get the skill damage modifier, making them inferior until True Breeze where it gets restored

Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Made a bit of room in the Mushin clan in preparation for tomorrow. Only removed low level players who seemed to have lost interest quickly, so if you're coming back for the patch you should still be in the clan. Otherwise you can send a whisper to Quiz in game for an invite.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

I Own Soulz posted:

When will maintenance be tomorrow? I got a level 42 I've been trying to rush to 45 for the rewards challenge and I'm thinking it might be a long night. I started a little over a week ago because I didn't notice it until then, so it's been kind of hectic trying to do.

They haven't made a special announcement for this patch, but every single other maintenance/patch so far has had the servers go down at the same time, 4:00 AM PST outside of daylight savings time and 5:00 AM PST during daylight savings time (the servers actually go down about ten to fifteen minutes later, allowing the daily dashes/etc. to reset, but I don't know if that actually will make a difference here).

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Willie Trombone posted:

They haven't made a special announcement for this patch, but every single other maintenance/patch so far has had the servers go down at the same time, 4:00 AM PST outside of daylight savings time and 5:00 AM PST during daylight savings time (the servers actually go down about ten to fifteen minutes later, allowing the daily dashes/etc. to reset, but I don't know if that actually will make a difference here).

Yea, someone in game mentioned the same. Managed to do it last night. Finished the storyline, did the 4 blue dungeons and had it. Now I need a break.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Servers are up

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Huh.

Either I didn't noticed, or many costumes in the cash shop are now account-bound.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

When people say "channel 2" or whatever for blackwyrm or pvp, etc, what exactly are they referring to?

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
On your mini-map there will be an instance number, you can click it for a drop down and choose a different one. Also can be done in the esc menu.

LLeGGo
Nov 6, 2005

No relation. Your mouth foams. We dance.
If you vote for mounts or pets you are a dumdum and suck butts.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

haha tainted labs is loving dark glimpse again, but at least they give you machine guns

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Al Baron posted:

Huh.

Either I didn't noticed, or many costumes in the cash shop are now account-bound.

Well that's awful decent of them. Now if only there were a better way to share them than having to mail them between characters.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
Trying to finish up the last half of the level 44 slump through pvp on my KFM.

Holy gently caress why is everyone a destroyer? I think it's 7/10 matches now. I'm holding my own and all, but god drat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

yook posted:

Trying to finish up the last half of the level 44 slump through pvp on my KFM.

Holy gently caress why is everyone a destroyer? I think it's 7/10 matches now. I'm holding my own and all, but god drat.

It's got a Spin to Win attack that's immune to most forms of CC and high burst damage options, that's why.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

It's because they're literally bots 90% of the time until you hit Platinum, that is why.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Haha the story leaves you about half way to level 50 and it's about 600k xp. That's like a HM level, looks I'll still be running the old 24 mans just for the dailies.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Where do you get the first heroic bracelet as part of your upgrade chain item? I have the heroic siren belt, but all I've found is the blue siren bracelet and seen you can buy the pirate bracelet (but that says its evo material). And I can't seem to gis anything relevant.

Edit: never mind. It seems the pirate one is where it starts and people just talk about the 255 crit blue siren.

latinotwink1997 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 27, 2016

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

I Own Soulz posted:

Where do you get the first heroic bracelet as part of your upgrade chain item? I have the heroic siren belt, but all I've found is the blue siren bracelet and seen you can buy the pirate bracelet (but that says its evo material). And I can't seem to gis anything relevant.

Edit: never mind. It seems the pirate one is where it starts and people just talk about the 255 crit blue siren.

Yeah, pick up a Pirate Bracelet, but don't be in a rush to upgrade it right away; some of the stat configurations for the fairly common Breeze bracelets are quite good and they can easily tide you over until you have more resources to play with.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

TheRationalRedditor posted:

It's because they're literally bots 90% of the time until you hit Platinum, that is why.
Yeah, would certainly explain a whole loving lot :|

I noticed a couple times the destroyer opponents would stop attacking before I beat them. At first I thought it was them just giving up since they were at a low percentage, but after a couple more matches, that poo poo will still just happen after they blow off 75% of your health in some absurd combo that perfectly counters every defensive move and you can just plink them to death afterward. I'm winning more than losing, though it doesn't really feel like prep for pvp against people and makes the thing a grind.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Is the goon guild list in the op up to date? I've just started playing this thing and am enjoying it greatly. I've been playing a warlock thus far but am thinking of trying a different class, is 200ms too high for any of them?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

yook posted:

Yeah, would certainly explain a whole loving lot :|

I noticed a couple times the destroyer opponents would stop attacking before I beat them. At first I thought it was them just giving up since they were at a low percentage, but after a couple more matches, that poo poo will still just happen after they blow off 75% of your health in some absurd combo that perfectly counters every defensive move and you can just plink them to death afterward. I'm winning more than losing, though it doesn't really feel like prep for pvp against people and makes the thing a grind.

Look on the bright side, it means it's way easier to hit gold and get extra soul stones from your pouches than it would be if bots weren't inflating everything. It looks like I finally need to stop using a PvE spec around 1700 though, I'm starting to see summoners.

noveria
Feb 24, 2015

Mecharasputin posted:

Is the goon guild list in the op up to date? I've just started playing this thing and am enjoying it greatly. I've been playing a warlock thus far but am thinking of trying a different class, is 200ms too high for any of them?

I'd probably stay away from KFM unless you're really good with your reaction times, my EU friends who are playing on NA have found it to be the most troublesome class for high ping. Keep in mind they like PVP a lot though so that's factoring into their opinion, it might be less of an issue for PVE. Also note than among us we have no Destroyers so that could be worse, I guess.

I think Warlock and Summoner are generally considered to be the most friendly classes for high ping, with Blade Master as the best melee option. I have a few EU friends doing fine with Assassin in PVE too, though, since perma-stealth build keeps you out of harm's way I guess there's less likelihood of ping loving you over horribly defense-wise? Just passing on what my friend said, my sin is only 22 so I dunno.

I found this thread though, it has people rating classes based on their ping/some video comparisons/lots of anecdotes. Might be helpful.

I guess it varies a lot just due to how easily you can adapt to high ping, if you're gonna do PVE or PVP, etc. I had garbage ping in TERA (it would regularly spike above 500-1000 even though I'm only a few states from their servers) and Mystic/Priest/Sorc were the only manageable classes for me, melee was doable in some (read: easy) PVE, but PVP was a nightmare for me on anything but the healer/sorc classes. I'd imagine that same premise (cooldown based ranged/pet class being your best bet) would continue here since the combat is similarly action/iframe/combo/reaction based.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Hate cats? Want to play summoner? Now you can with dog familiar update! http://bns.plaync.com/story/update_160401/index

(its an April fools joke)

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

noveria posted:

I'd probably stay away from KFM unless you're really good with your reaction times, my EU friends who are playing on NA have found it to be the most troublesome class for high ping. Keep in mind they like PVP a lot though so that's factoring into their opinion, it might be less of an issue for PVE. Also note than among us we have no Destroyers so that could be worse, I guess.

I think Warlock and Summoner are generally considered to be the most friendly classes for high ping, with Blade Master as the best melee option.

i'd advise the guy not to play blade master in pvp with high ping. the class relies almost completely on reactions and counterplay. in almost every matchup, blade master has to be on the defensive whereas the destroyer/summoner/blade dancer/assassin basically spins around and mashes out their spells. blade masters win by countering/blocking/dodging everything other classes throw at them and following them with really powerful combos.

having briefly tried KFM in pvp, that class seems better as an offensive fighter than BM. don't know about pve though.

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Gonna go with fm then, is mushin the place to go?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
Force Master is cool and good. Very easy to play, not really ping dependent, top tier DPS, can do all the soulstone world boss things with no issues, brings some party utility (freeze and bubble). If you want to get to very high tier PVP, FM gets kinda hard to play but at low gold (EU) you can just faceroll people with a pretty simple burn build because it does so much loving damage.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 29, 2016

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
For late game PVE stuff, mostly solo, which is easier/more effective - KFM or Destroyer?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

KFM will have an easier time against single targets, destroyer has way better aoe. Mushin's Tower is the only interesting PvE content you can solo, so I guess I'd give the nod to KFM with the caveat that I've only played destroyer up to ~20.

Bag of Hamsters
Jul 12, 2006

Gimme yer frickin pancreas

I needs it for reasons.

Velveteen posted:

Hate cats? Want to play summoner? Now you can with dog familiar update! http://bns.plaync.com/story/update_160401/index

(its an April fools joke)

I would genuinely love a dog pal over a cat.

Willie Trombone
Feb 13, 2004

I've continued my "only solo blademaster" experiment (never joining a party with the character for any reason) and finally soloed Brightstone Ruins with the Awakened Profane sword to upgrade to True Profane. The only difficult part is the second miniboss, where you have to kill four riflemen and a forcemaster who summons assassins. It may be possible to do this earlier with dragonbloods and other special items, but I still don't recommend attempting it before level 50 (at level 45 you can be at full life and have taken out the four riflemen when the first assassin spawns and still have little chance of taking it out before the forcemaster kills you, and trying to ignore the assassin results in you being CCed to the point you can't defend against the forcemaster). I also had a level 10 Siren ring, level 10 Siren earring, level 5 Siren necklace, level 10 Siren belt, and an Oathbreaker bracelet. My gems were all regular pentagons except for a 600 evasion diamond, which helps when you're being 5v1ed in the second room and 4v1ed in the last room, but it's definitely a throw-away gem so don't bother if you already have a good diamond or can't get it for a few gold.

As a side note, all the Cinderlands level 36 stuff can still be used as offerings through at least the end of your Siren gear, so it's worth saving all that stuff from Tomb of Exiles, Forgotten Tomb, and Daggerbeak Rookery to save like 8s per offering it you have the inventory space. I still go back and do the Tomb of Exiles daily whenever I have time to do dailies because this, along with soulstone prices being what they are, etc., means it's worth about a gold to do a run. (As you get further along there's a larger discrepancy in the weapon experience given, though, so you'll only be saving like half the cost when contrasted with cold iron offering weapons, for example.)

edit: To clarify, this was using no consumables other than healing tonics and dumplings. I bought two dragonblood at the last boss, but didn't even come close to needing it.

Willie Trombone fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 2, 2016

Verbose
Apr 23, 2006

Mike believed in the shooting star, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then,but that's no matter. Tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther... and then one fine morning-
So we beat on, subs against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
Is there any other way to get a sealed golden deva dagger? I've opened ~30 chests now and haven't gotten one.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Verbose posted:

Is there any other way to get a sealed golden deva dagger? I've opened ~30 chests now and haven't gotten one.

If you complete all the zone quests I believe you should get a Cinderlands key which will give you a class specific weapon when you open the chest.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

You only get the free survey Cinderlands key if you aren't over level 21 by the time you get to the storyquest right before the Blackram Narrows. This is stupid and they never warn anyone about it so tons of people miss it and have no idea.

Unless you're having a hard time getting consistent groups to kill the Deva I wouldn't waste the key on that wheel, the items you get that aren't needed are great for leveling your gear for a while (those sentinel earrings are a major boost to jewelry). You can also always buy essences on the market but their prices might not be fair.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
So I'm really digging playing Warlock now, up to level 30 and all that. But I'm somewhat worried of their perfomance in endgame PvE and PvP as even now I feel like a complete glass-cannon that can dish out above 12k of damage in almost less than 4 sec, but once anything even looks at me I lose 50% of my HP. Any high level warlocks that can tell me how it is to play one in endgame situations?

Oh, and holy poo poo Zaiwei must be one of the most beautifully designed cities I've ever seen in any game :stare:

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I haven't had the free time to dive into the level 50 purple dungeons yet, but no complaints about Warlock in any of the 45 purples. You have fewer escapes than most other classes, but you can spec bombard to avoid aggro and some of your damage is offloaded to the thrall. It's also a hell of a lot easier to deal with groups of trash than it was as FM or KFM - the only situation where I sometimes wish for a different kit is bosses with intermittent add spawns since they can sometimes catch me with my root on cd and I don't want to blow ss on them or anything, but it's never been a serious problem.

PvP-wise I'm a 1700-ish scrub who just goes in with a PvE spec and beats up on bots/other PvE-spec scrubs so take my opinion with a giant grain of salt, but the only matchups I've had that feel lopsided against me are BD and BM. I have never learned how to fight them with a ranged class. I stomp the majority of the summoners I see, which is a nice change of pace.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Stalins Moustache posted:

So I'm really digging playing Warlock now, up to level 30 and all that. But I'm somewhat worried of their perfomance in endgame PvE and PvP as even now I feel like a complete glass-cannon that can dish out above 12k of damage in almost less than 4 sec, but once anything even looks at me I lose 50% of my HP. Any high level warlocks that can tell me how it is to play one in endgame situations?

Oh, and holy poo poo Zaiwei must be one of the most beautifully designed cities I've ever seen in any game :stare:

I play warlock as my main and while I don't do any of the cutting edge content, it's still really good, due to the utility it brings. If you're concerned about a spot in groups, one is always welcome. The class is pretty squishy, but not nearly as bad as FM's are, the block we get is pretty drat good and I don't use it enough (but I should). The skills bound to Z also gives iframes when specced into it. Don't be too worried about the damage you take while leveling, 30ish where I found things started to get rough, but once you get enough points into the talents the class picks up again.

You might want to try a dragon helix build over dragon call as well. Both specs are neck and neck in terms of damage, but dragon helix spec is more sustained and much more mobile, it's a bit more involved though. Here's a good reddit post to get you started:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4d8hq4/warlock_dragoncall_vs_dragon_helix/

Lyer fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 5, 2016

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WL certainly is squishier than FMs are, they have 2 ice blocks (with self-healing) and a resist bubble.

They're weak in PVP (they were nerfed way too loving badly, they need to trade self-healing potential with summoners) but very desired in PVE because Soulburn is unique and very powerful. You won't have any problems participating in PVE.

nogic
Jul 6, 2002
So what should I do about soul shields now that the cap is 50? I'm 46 currently, should I try to put together one of the purple sets from Blackram Fleet/Mushin's Tower? Or just try to power through to level 50 and get a higher level soul shield?

edit: VVV would also like to know the below

nogic fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 6, 2016

Huge Spatula
Jul 15, 2001

I like the pole and the hole, and right now I'm as moist as a snack cake down there.
Is the clan on Mushin something still exists? No one talks on Discord and the people listed to message about invites are never valid targets for my tells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

nogic posted:

So what should I do about soul shields now that the cap is 50? I'm 46 currently, should I try to put together one of the purple sets from Blackram Fleet/Mushin's Tower? Or just try to power through to level 50 and get a higher level soul shield?

edit: VVV would also like to know the below

You can get by using the level 45 moonwater stuff, but you might as well do the dailies everyday and collect whatever you can. For some reason the story quests drop you off with about 600k xp left to get to 50, so you'd probably end up doing those dailies for the XP anyway. I wouldn't grind it over and over just to get all of them however.

Lyer fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Apr 6, 2016

• Locked thread