Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Johnny Bravo or Albert Wesker? YOU DECIDE!

Wasn't there a Johnny Bravo episode with Scooby Doo in it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, but there was also a CN promo they'd air from time to time where he fawned over her at length.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

BillmasterCozb posted:

good

speaking of which, here's some Nanalan fanart

no

Holy poo poo, these are so good. Here, to contribute to this, you can have a Mona drawing I did like... a year or two ago? I think I was taking requests and got bored and just drew her. Nanalan is the pinnacle of loving comedy [Usually when incredibly inebriated.]

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Poodge posted:

Holy poo poo, these are so good. Here, to contribute to this, you can have a Mona drawing I did like... a year or two ago? I think I was taking requests and got bored and just drew her. Nanalan is the pinnacle of loving comedy [Usually when incredibly inebriated.]

more like the pinochle of comedy

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Holy poo poo. I've seen this before but only now i notice Bison+Zangief :aaa:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Eggman chasing Sonic around in a boss vehicle may be the best kart duo ever created

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Been listening to stuff like this lately BECAUSE I CAN.
My Fate is to Die Young
Senpai Gone Love It
Black and Yellow Sketch
Hotel Nichifornia
Someone Intergalactic

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTlw3T44ynk

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GDU-fW36qaA

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u75ZH_KeVY

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.tumblr.com/video_file/141518202628/tumblr_o3v25qlOTi1ubadu0

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

BlueKingBar
Jan 25, 2016

Hey guys let's just literally never talk to me again maybe that'll fix things
That is the best goatdad.

7c Nickel posted:

When she first appeared, she seemed to be a credible villain.

I like how they even made Steven's pose the same as that really nerdy secret character in Marvel Super Heroes.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Krinkle posted:

My favorite part was when the lady crawled up inside the face foreskin of the giant dick worm for the same reasons as luke going into the tauntaun.
I can't seem to remember anything else about that book other than a parade float with the dick monster went into the river.

Same, I also remember that one butch chick having an orgasm because Duncan Idaho climbed a rock wall or some poo poo.

...Frank Herbert had a weird view of women in general.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Dreddout posted:

Same, I also remember that one butch chick having an orgasm because Duncan Idaho climbed a rock wall or some poo poo.

...Frank Herbert had a weird view of women in general.

Science fiction author has weird political/gender views? Say it ain't so!

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I read until the part where they mentioned a temperature being several thousand degrees below absolute zero, then I couldn't take any more. Because I am a sperg.

(Yes, I know it's technically possible, but this was just bullshitting in this case.)

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

If we're going to discuss bizarre pseudoscience-fantasy fiction, can't forget Asimov's Heinlein's magical grav-electro-time-racism beam that selectively kills either "whites" or "asians"

Coincidentally there doesn't seem to be much fanart of The Sixth Column, one might guess because the book is shockingly not so popular.

edit: got one bad novel mixed with another, whichever one it was in which women have no agency and radiation can be contained in a cardboard box. (e2! found it: Stars, Like Dust, The)

silentsnack has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Mar 23, 2016

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Related, my cat is named Valentine Michael Smith, does that count as fanart?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Now Kirbnareff I can get into

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

How long has "things in bottles" been a meme? Is it new or is it old and I've just missed it before?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

At least since 2009.

Eh, screw posting anymore, people can look through that. Going to be busy for a good few hours at least doing that.

Ramos has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Mar 24, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's mostly been limited to Japanese artists though, so it's reasonable to have missed it.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Waffleman_ posted:

It's mostly been limited to Japanese artists though, so it's reasonable to have missed it.

There is no justification for being ignorant of glorious Nipponese culture, baka.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
It's from 2009. Comparatively ancient.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm going to have to ask you about LOOM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Antivehicular posted:

I'm going to have to ask you about LOOM

ADVERTISEMENT

You mean the latest masterpiece of fantasy storytelling from Lucasfilm's™ Brian Moriarty™? Why it's an extraordinary adventure with an interface on magic... stunning, high-resolution, 3D landscapes... sophisticated score and musical effects. Not to mention the detailed animation and special effects, elegant point 'n' click control of characters, objects, and magic spells. Beat the rush! Go out and buy Loom™ today!

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr.Chill
Aug 29, 2006

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Poodge posted:

Nanalan's name..isn't Nanalan?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

HGH posted:

Yeah, but there was also a CN promo they'd air from time to time where he fawned over her at length.

Speaking of promos, does anyone remember than New Year's thing that Cartoon Network did in like 2000 or so? The premise was that they were having a huge extravaganza celebration with Evel Kneivel and such, but all you saw was a CCTV image of Moltar and Fred from Scooby-Doo doing improv-like dialogue with each other in an empty transmission room. Nobody else remembers it, which is a shame, because some of the dialogue was genuinely funny.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Nanalan's name..isn't Nanalan?

The hell is a Nanalan?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zj-M9pvQSyo

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Plan Z posted:

Speaking of promos, does anyone remember than New Year's thing that Cartoon Network did in like 2000 or so? The premise was that they were having a huge extravaganza celebration with Evel Kneivel and such, but all you saw was a CCTV image of Moltar and Fred from Scooby-Doo doing improv-like dialogue with each other in an empty transmission room. Nobody else remembers it, which is a shame, because some of the dialogue was genuinely funny.

Sounds kind of like the Brak Show new years thing.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Who What Now posted:

The hell is a Nanalan?

A Canadian children's show about a beady-eyed goblin baby muttering gibberish at a dog.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My head is nowhere near that big, but otherwise pretty rad.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Who What Now posted:

The hell is a Nanalan?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC9Js3RWrlk
Nanalan is...it's something, alright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

I'm pulling a blank, what the hell is this referencing? Che Guevara?

• Locked thread