Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

RadicalR posted:

My favorite is Hikage. Does that make me a bad person?

Well at least someone in this thread is correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
The PSN store update is hosed 3 ways to sunday again, but it seems like EDF2 is on sale for PS+ people on NA for 15$.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

drat it this is why the Vita account system loving sucks

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Liking video games while living in Europe makes you a much stronger human being

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

drat it this is why the Vita account system loving sucks
I threw away 40 EUROS when i switched from the de to the us store after a quick comparison, and i made that money back handily in discounts from the us store.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mithaldu posted:

The PSN store update is hosed 3 ways to sunday again, but it seems like EDF2 is on sale for PS+ people on NA for 15$.

Physical copies of it at GameStop are also $15 right now. It was also $15 on Amazon, which is a late ship date for some reason. I hope this isn't a permanent price drop, because that game deserves better.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It seems weird to think that the game "deserves" better than to be cheaper so more people can buy it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Usually, a permanent price drop on a game, especially one as new as that, means that it didn't do well, and they're cutting their loses. I want to see more EDF games, and it's worth $30, at least.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/support/sp-20160322-psvita-psp-skype.html

Skype for Vita discontinued in June and supposedly the app has been pulled already.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Their problem is that the Vita already had an EDF game with literally 150+ hours of content, and then they dropped two EDF games at the same time, with most people going for the ps4 one first.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

True story: I once used Skype on the PSP-2000 to join a group call, and I had to hold it up to my head like a cell phone because I didn't have a headset. It was in that moment that I realized what the N-Gage must have been like, and I never used Skype on it again.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Dehry posted:

http://www.jp.playstation.com/info/support/sp-20160322-psvita-psp-skype.html

Skype for Vita discontinued in June and supposedly the app has been pulled already.

I tried using it for a video call once and it crashed.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mithaldu posted:

I threw away 40 EUROS when i switched from the de to the us store after a quick comparison, and i made that money back handily in discounts from the us store.

You could've saved more by not spending any to begin with. Take this tip to heart from me, the frugal gamer.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Takoluka posted:

True story: I once used Skype on the PSP-2000 to join a group call, and I had to hold it up to my head like a cell phone because I didn't have a headset. It was in that moment that I realized what the N-Gage must have been like, and I never used Skype on it again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

"thinking about getting one of these for remote play what about 3g models?"

*one month passes*

"just picked up the collectors edition of titty ninjas from a cop. box was chewed by a dog but i got my cards"

this is what the vita thread does 2 people. welcome .

am I wrong or does that box cost like a hundred bucks. It seems like it would. That middle schooler got loving ripped off

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Takoluka posted:

i had the ngage and then when i t broke i bought the ngage qd

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

i had the ngage and then when i t broke i bought the ngage qd

This is the most hosed up thing you've ever posted

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
I have a friend who came over as a foreign-exchange student from Thailand, and according to him the N-Gage was actually considered cool and desirable back when it was for sale there.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

This is the most hosed up thing you've ever posted

i realised my mistake early on, but then discovered that copy protection for the games didnt exist and i could get them all for free, which was good because the first one needed u to remove the battery to change the game otherwise

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oh man, you could pirate so many n-gage games, like

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Endorph posted:

there was an ngage exclusive metal gear solid

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

there was an ngage exclusive metal gear solid

It looks like dogshit but I'm curious about it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

can't be worse than 4

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

can't be worse than 4

gently caress you

and it was available on cell phones too; i still have it on my old Verizon RAZR

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Endorph posted:

the elder scrolls game was p boss but yep.

the best was the version of sonic advance because the ngage screen was inexplicable portrait orientation lmao

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

there's also an ngage elder scrolls and a couple of srpgs thhat actually looked good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i remember a minor amount of hype over an n-gage gta clone that took place in prison or something

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

corn in the bible posted:

there's also an ngage elder scrolls and a couple of srpgs thhat actually looked good

I JUST SAID ABOUT ELDER SCORL

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

well loving fine then

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Just gonna throw it out there that Virtue's Last Reward is pretty good.

vkeios
May 7, 2007

I know a guy who insists the warhammer 40k game for the ngage is actually really good.
honestly in retrospect, im not surprised there's an overlap between warham fans and ngage owners.

Davincie posted:

i remember a minor amount of hype over an n-gage gta clone that took place in prison or something

Thats colors and its for the Gizmondo and it never came out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

vkeios posted:

I know a guy who insists the warhammer 40k game for the ngage is actually really good.
honestly in retrospect, im not surprised there's an overlap between warham fans and ngage owners.

Thats colors and its for the Gizmondo and it never came out.

I didn't know the gizmondo existed until yesterday

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Either of these are good thread titles.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

In Training posted:

I didn't know the gizmondo existed until yesterday

Neither did a lot of other people.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

wow, i guess this really is the spiritual predecessor to mdickie's hard time

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SpacePig posted:

Neither did a lot of other people.

I found it on the Wikipedia page for SSX 3 because they did a gizmondo release of that game for some reason.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

In Training posted:

I found it on the Wikipedia page for SSX 3 because they did a gizmondo release of that game for some reason.

I felt a small amount of sympathy for things like the Gizmondo. I'm someone who got things like the Game Gear and the Game.com as gifts, but had to buy popular things like the GameBoy on my own. Systems like that always get confusing ports of existing properties so that people will be convinced that it's worth it, but never get much more than it since they're focused on being somehow "better" than the competition rather than having any enjoyable games.

Watching a system with a dumb name that's trying to do more than it needs to and ultimately fail is sort of a fun thing for me.

Which is why I own a Vita and post in the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Someone shared this Twitter post on Facebook... I thought y'all might appreciate it.