Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Eonwe posted:

is anyone else savoring EightAce's post

I don't mean think its a good post, I mean actually savoring it

I've printed it out and covered my entire naked body with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

EightAce posted:

Chris is really pissed about ED I mean really pissed. Its everyone fault but his of course

This is Elite, right? I thought all the stuff about that was a joke. Like I could imagine a friendly rivalry, but they don't even look like they're supposed to be similar games to me other than being in space.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Goobs posted:

I just want to say I love all of you. Except Manofmanymamosas. He's rude.

I love you too. :3:

alphabettitouretti posted:

Can I get some e-credit for the Crobber Spirited Away ghost, it was my sharp observation skills which flagged the similarity.

also the ghost is called 'No-Face' and I said 'No-Space' which is p.good imo

Further nitpicking: that is the American style. British rules put commas and periods outside unless they're part of the original quote. Britannia rules the words, as well as the waves.

I recognize your hand in this as well, great job! :)

Also, the British rules are more rational as it takes away the ability of placing the author's own (intended or unintended) expression into the words of the person quoted through omitting punctuation.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AP posted:

I used to follow Scientology and Bitcoin threads but this game is better.

Also the XBox One sharktank thread. Same thing happened over the last several months, everyone seems to have kind of given up and agreed the console is poo poo, even Microsoft.

gently caress, there was the general Microsoft gently caress-up thread too. This thread is just meeting all my needs that I used to need 2 or 3 for.

Edit: :lol: Just stumbled upon another wordfilter. s.h.a.r.k.t.a.n.k = "thread for retards"

XK fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 23, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to go with the angry A-Lister is either Mark Hamill or Gary Oldman

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

D1E posted:

The part of the entire project that they're furthest along with is actually the making-of documentary.

Honestly, Chris Roberts and Sandi Gardiner disgust me.
stuff like that pushes me more into the "it's a scam" column. i don't want to believe that they're so blisteringly stupid as to film and edit a "making of" documentary before the core features of the game have even been designed. i'd prefer that they're actually master manipulators and are wrapping up their take the money and run exit strategy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:awesome::yarg:

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

XK posted:

Also the XBox One sharktank thread. Same thing happened over the last several months, everyone seems to have kind of given up and agreed the console is poo poo, even Microsoft.

gently caress, there was the general Microsoft gently caress-up thread too. This thread is just meeting all my needs that I used to need 2 or 3 for.

The XBox One thread was fantastic for quite a while. Very similar to this one, where at first there were lots of people staunchly defending the dumbest poo poo and then eventually realizing that yes, it was a huge fuckup.

It's also the thread where I was introduced to the magic of PGabz. I have a feeling that thread is how I ended up even seeing this thread. I don't really follow space games, let alone MMO space games, so it was either the old xbone thread or possibly the Schadenfruede thread, where this will all end up shortly.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

Given how hosed the performance capture allegedly is it might actually be Andy Serkis.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

Eonwe posted:

I'ts Oldman.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Oldman or Old Man?

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Eonwe posted:

I like Hamill but not sure he qualifies as an A lister, my money would be on Oldman, especially if any of the Paarp stuff has gotten back to him. Anderson possibly but she hasn't really been out in front of SC as much as Oldman has to this point.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Duckaerobics posted:

He has been a little too specific in the past. Remember that he called: the in game spaceship dealer, several people leaving, roberts big meeting in LA, and probably a few other things i'm forgetting. These were not vague things he guessed about. That coupled with Derek's belief is enough for me. Do you really think he would share the spotlight with EightAce if he wasn't legit?

No, I would not. That would be silly. And I'd look like a fool if it turns out to be a false flag op

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

MeLKoR posted:

I wish I'd saved a copy of that guy that was neglecting his RL farm animals because he was going to become a professional bounty hunter in the Verse or something. I didn't and now it's lost among 100k posts.

I remember the farm guy vividly, it's when I realised people will actually be committing suicide over this.

And then someone told him "Oh don't worry everything will be fine, why don't you buy the brand new ----- ship it's half off"

F.u.c.k.i.n.g. D.i.s.g.u.s.t.i.n.g.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ash1138 posted:

stuff like that pushes me more into the "it's a scam" column. i don't want to believe that they're so blisteringly stupid as to film and edit a "making of" documentary before the core features of the game have even been designed. i'd prefer that they're actually master manipulators and are wrapping up their take the money and run exit strategy

Had it been an honest documentary, it might actually have been interesting to see more of that pre-produciton phase, similar to all the ugliness they left out in the open in the Doublefine documentary. But they're not going to make one of those, are they? It's just another self-promoting PR piece to stuff a few more IMDB entries into everyone's CVs (at least Sandi's).

When Tim Schafer has more self-awareness and distance to his work than you do, it's time to pull your head out of the coke mountain…

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

This is Elite, right? I thought all the stuff about that was a joke. Like I could imagine a friendly rivalry, but they don't even look like they're supposed to be similar games to me other than being in space.

That's what I was thinking too. I always thought Elite and SC have totally different design goals. But then again CR never bothered to write down his goals.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D_Smart posted:

No, I would not. That would be silly. And I'd look like a fool if it turns out to be a false flag op

Will you take care of him when he gets axed :ohdear:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Given how hosed the performance capture allegedly is it might actually be Andy Serkis.
Serkis isn't really an a-list actor, unless you need a tough as nails mercenary or ex-mercenary type from somewhere in the commonwealth. or a cgi gorilla. then he's your man

but i can see why he'd get peeved if the rep of his mocap business is weighed down by CIG's incompetence

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

EightAce: how much has CIG spent on mo-cap to date? $20 million?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EightAce posted:

The industry is a very small place....despite it employing thousands of people world wide , there is only really a small amount that control it and have any real clout. Someone on here , I know who , but no hard feelings whatsoever, pasted some of my more predictive posts on Chaos engine, in an industry only forum where there is much speculation and hilarity from people that really do know what they are talking about. The whole industry is laughing their collective sexual organs off at the whole thing. But there are exceptions. Most noticeably one Evangelical young man who is so brainwashed that he will not hear a word said against CIG, the project or the management.
Because of this , much of what is discussed here has circulated among the dev staff. I would say 60% think it hilarious, stick it to them etc. 20% Im sure are making GBS threads themselves in case they have any connection to me and 10% are determined to track me and any other dissenters down like wild beast's, and present our pelt's before the Stimporer and his consort.
Thing is they are now running on fumes both figuratively and ideologically. People realize that this is doomed including the press who are contacting people left right and center. I still maintain that this is NOT a scam and even now in the dying days of Rome the brains-trust still really and truly believe that if they show enough shiny JPEGS and trailers for SQ42 then they will get over this and still produce the BDSSE.

Things to look for soon ......

There are 3 trailers . Best one has Craig Fairbrass in he is pretty awesome..one will be released soon. The Stimporer is being selective

Apparently one of the A listers is not happy at all about being associated with this gently caress up and is currently seeking distance. ........a lot of distance .......off grid physics distance.

The animation system is so hosed they have to reshoot mo cap......The budget set aside for this element of the game has over run by 12 times the initial estimate !!

Chris is really pissed about ED I mean really pissed. Its everyone fault but his of course

This forum and any forum that has any SC content is read by paid peons CONFIRMED. To be fair , they do adjust policy (with regards public facing issues ) in response. So.....
No more of that fake news report bollocks, more dev interviews etc. This in itself is amazing

Ben is actually in a really bad way. I am not taking the piss here but please remember he is a human being and is clearly in a lot of trouble .

3 ! Yes 3 high profile ship jumpers in the foreseeable.

There have also been some rather explosive conversations behind the scenes with some very disgruntled top tier Wales. there is a genuine concern that these people band together ........

Other than that its business as usual: The Vanduul are up for a rethink by the looks of it as they didn't go across as impressively as was required. Slight concerns about scale/ships are now becoming real panic blockers and the blame game has begun. SQ42 Ep 1 or 10000 will be here next year , late next year .

For anyone that still has money in this, if what they want is a visually impressive but really boring first person dog fighting game running at 3 fps with loads or terrible and I mean loving terrible cutscenes then sit tight it may still happen and you will be very happy.

Anyone that bought into this for an open world alternate reality where you can roam the verse and be who you want to be, farming and raping and grieifng and parkouring etc . I suggest that you rethink your investment..... and be loving quick about it

At ease commandos

The End

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Tippis posted:

Had it been an honest documentary, it might actually have been interesting to see more of that pre-produciton phase, similar to all the ugliness they left out in the open in the Doublefine documentary. But they're not going to make one of those, are they? It's just another self-promoting PR piece to stuff a few more IMDB entries into everyone's CVs (at least Sandi's).

When Tim Schafer has more self-awareness and distance to his work than you do, it's time to pull your head out of the coke mountain…
pr puff piece is exactly what i've been thinking of since sandi started tweeting that stuff

like the documentary can't end with the release of the game to rave reviews or anything like that so it would naturally end on the same garbage hype they've been spewing for years now

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

alphabettitouretti posted:

Can I get some e-credit for the Crobber Spirited Away ghost, it was my sharp observation skills which flagged the similarity.

also the ghost is called 'No-Face' and I said 'No-Space' which is p.good imo

Further nitpicking: that is the American style. British rules put commas and periods outside unless they're part of the original quote. Britannia rules the words, as well as the waves.

I would have made nothing if not for your sharp eyes o9

We got a pretty good teamwork thing going I think

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Goobs posted:

I'ts Oldman.

you're all wrong, it's Sandi Gardiner

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

I'm not sure Sandi is an "A-Lister" but she is definitely on a list.

A black-list.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A black-list.

It's more of a black-hair list, really.

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

his nibs posted:

you're all wrong, it's Sandi Gardiner

lol Sandi being anything close to on a list.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

A black-list.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Goobs posted:

lol Sandi being anything close to on a list.

lol

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

A black-list.

A-rsehole list :laugh:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Manofmanyanuses / Scamofagameses / Damnchrisrobertsislameuses / Sandiwantsfameuses / Benisashitstainuses /

thebackerswillneverknowises/ Garyoldman'spersonalshameises

"Did I mention it's disposable income?"

"You don't need a 4k monitor to see the mistake I've made"

"I spent $4000 on a videogame that will never come out ever,why are you laughing at me?"

"So I told them I spent 4k on a videogame that doesn't exist and they got all pissy and said I was stupid,fuckin' goons"

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 23, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Manofmanyanuses / Scamofagameses / Damnchrisrobertsislameuses / Sandiwantsfameuses / Benisashitstainuses / thebackerswillneverknowuses/ Garyoldman'spersonalshameuses

"Did I mention it's disposable income?"

"You don't need a 4k monitor to see the mistake I've made"

"I spent $4000 on a videogame that will never come out ever,why are you laughing at me?"

"So I told them I spent 4k on a videogame that doesn't exist and they got all pissy and said I was stupid,fuckin' goons"

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would you fuckers stop making funny avatars

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

would you fuckers stop making funny avatars

k

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Oh dear

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I got bored before I could finish it, but you get the idea:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

"Chrisrobertsistoblameises"

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
All you guys talking about 4k, smh. 8k is out in 6 months. It's out now though if you want to pay through the roof, but 6 months it will be cheap as 4k. 6 months, your turn.

paaarp.

I think it is anderson that is upset too, oldman doesn't care what he gets paid for, and he runs with the joke.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

Derek Smart, are you a Freemason?

Derek is a Rotarian.

Pebergehund
Jan 21, 2010

I have been out of the SC loop for a while, have Croberts saved PC gaming yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polish Avenger
Feb 13, 2007
has an invalid opinion.

Duckaerobics posted:

He has been a little too specific in the past. Remember that he called: the in game spaceship dealer, several people leaving, roberts big meeting in LA, and probably a few other things i'm forgetting. These were not vague things he guessed about. That coupled with Derek's belief is enough for me. Do you really think he would share the spotlight with EightAce if he wasn't legit?

Guys I could use a hand. I have an old friend I keep in touch with who is at least a 5 figure backer. I'm going to see him this weekend and I want to show him EightAce's stuff. I don't have time this week to dig all of the quotes/dates that shows he's on the inside, can anyone give me at least one salient example, like his quote specifically predicting something before it was announced?

• Locked thread