Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
style / art gimmick combo you want to see next
This poll is closed.
Commodore 64 hi fi 16 colors Drawing goons drooling over anime (or muscle men) 35 20.71%
Everything in MSPaint Black and White and Undertale Characters 22 13.02%
CGA in CYMK tones and rising stars of gaming like Hololens and Star Citizen 36 21.30%
Only Purple and Waluigi and Kirby ship fiction 76 44.97%
Total: 169 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Golden Goat posted:

It sounded though like some of the guys on the project were a bit upset that others were using it as a big "gently caress YOU" to Nintendo.

It's not dead yet anyway, other people want to pick it up.

that's literally all the project ever was and ever could be though. I'm totally cool with sticking it to large corporations and all but localization teams do really grueling and thankless work and to have a group of assholes crow about how they could totally do it better for free is really gross.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

that's literally all the project ever was and ever could be though. I'm totally cool with sticking it to large corporations and all but localization teams do really grueling and thankless work and to have a group of assholes crow about how they could totally do it better for free is really gross.

Very true.

On NX controller stuff I'm worried that my clammy mitts would ruin that nice screen.

VVV I did the same thing this morning.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i dont read names so i only just noticed that u have a new av lady naga its v cool. grats.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Stux posted:

i dont read names so i only just noticed that u have a new av lady naga its v cool. grats.

Thank you I don't know who bought it for me and I am v. annoyed that they didn't make it transparent first. I was planning on buying a new avatar of the naga in a few months anyway so this is a nice transition.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all i want is a chie av... but i ve been decreed unallowed to have it by the old regime.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Stux posted:

all i want is a chie av... but i ve been decreed unallowed to have it by the old regime.

Uhhhh...
Why?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
A goon separated from their preferred anime avatar. What a tragic story.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

Uhhhh...
Why?

kewpuh made it v clear that if i had ever given myself an av of my own choice... he would remove it.

i know he cannot now but... a man of my position has many haters, who would love to see me in tears over tearing my av away from me. so i will live like this. from random av to random av until the day i die. mine is a path i walk alone.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stux posted:

Well we are under the glorious new regime of FAU and VG. Please do not let their benevolent yet ironfisted rule sway you from your dream.

lol "fist"

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

kewpuh made it v clear that if i had ever given myself an av of my own choice... he would remove it.

i know he cannot now but... a man of my position has many haters, who would love to see me in tears over tearing my av away from me. so i will live like this. from random av to random av until the day i die. mine is a path i walk alone.

That's hosed up.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Somebody should buy him an av.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h36nuZt26Jo

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDdQV3a_CRg

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Quest For Glory II posted:

nintendo's "hey arnold" inspired controller gets leaked

lol

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I hope that tree in the background lost all its leaves after lookin @ that

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

We here at Nintendo thought after so many complaints about the GamePad and how expensive and unavailable it is that we would make an even more expensive and less available controller with no buttons.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Did people complain that the gamepad was expensive and unavailable? Is t even possible to buy a Wii U without a gamepad

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

In Training posted:

Did people complain that the gamepad was expensive and unavailable? Is t even possible to buy a Wii U without a gamepad

can you honestly think of no possible reason youd want a second gamepad for this console that has been championed for it s local multiplayer titles

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

Why would somebody do a fan translation of something that's already been translated

This isn't new, people were doing this for Final Fantasy games ten years back. Some fan translations have translators disagree with them and do their own versions. It's a weird world.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
There was one guy on the forums that bought a Wii U console secondhand that somehow did not come with the gamepad. Getting a replacement is apparently difficult.

Lady Naga posted:

can you honestly think of no possible reason youd want a second gamepad for this console that has been championed for it s local multiplayer titles

The pro controller is reasonably priced.

Dr Cheeto fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Mar 23, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

I remember people complaining about not being able to just buy a replacement on Amazon/etc. at the very least.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The complaints were overstated (they always are) but to get a replacement game pad for ex you have to buy a used one from somebody somehow or get a weird refurb or import one since they only sell them new individually in Japan, and they retail for over $100

That kind of sucks for parents and stuff

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

It doesn't support two gamepads on one console

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

In Training posted:

lmao thats hella stupid

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
No seriously. Couldn't you hook up multiple GBA's to a gamecube? How is the Wii U a step back? How is there not Wii U Advance Wars?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lady Naga posted:

Not to mention the biggest mechanical changes (petting) were likely mandated by IS themselves in Japan, which defeats the whole argument about someone defacing another person's art or whatever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

lmao thats hella stupid

its ok they're fixing it for the nx, the console is a controller so no multiplayer

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Screencheat is a dumb low-budget indie game for 16 dollars and nintendo couldn't possibly think of a situation where giving multiple players their own screens would be an interesting or unique gameplay method

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

lmao thats hella stupid

Idk why anyone would want more than one, when all the multiplayer is split screen for the most part. Or one person gets to use the gamepad and one person uses the tv, stuff like that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

lmao thats hella stupid

Idk why anyone would want more than one, when all the multiplayer is split screen for the most part. Or one person gets to use the gamepad and one person uses the tv, stuff like that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

I think at one point they asked someone at Nintendo who said it was technically possible but so far absolutely nothing uses it. I think they just said that to get people off their back despite having nothing in development doing that.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

In Training posted:

I thought it was supposed to be able to but I don't think any dev tried. I could be wrong though.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

I like video games, I'm enjoying the video games that are out right now.

Thank you for reading.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Screencheat is a dumb low-budget indie game for 16 dollars and nintendo couldn't possibly think of a situation where giving multiple players their own screens would be an interesting or unique gameplay method

Actually they did this in a launch title and it was pretty fun. The Mario and Toad hide and seek game.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It would be awesome if you could use a second gamepad just as an input device without the touchscreen but I suppose there are technical limitations to connecting multiple wireless displays to the same console.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Stux posted:

L'Ancien Régime et la Chiévolution

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

In Training posted:

final fantasy crystal chronicles hd

zelda four swords hd

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
heres our awesome party game console that you get your own touch-screen tablet as a controller for

no you cant play drawful with it why would you ask

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

corn in the bible posted:

final fantasy crystal chronicles hd

zelda four swords hd

Those games should have never required GBA cables, that was the dumbest decision ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Quest For Glory II posted:

nintendo's "hey arnold" inspired controller gets leaked

yikes

no face buttons; WTF man

WTF

• Locked thread