Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
just a 30 second spot that's just Ted chomping on that gun bacon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Al! posted:

just a 30 second spot that's just Ted chomping on that gun bacon

Holy poo poo, I forgot all about that. Feels like this campaign's been going on for a decade.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Slate Action posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot all about that. Feels like this campaign's been going on for a decade.

Simpsons impressions too

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Alter Ego posted:

I swear, if you'd told me back in December that these three were going to be the last clowns left standing...

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

imagine waking up one morning and realizing you are the most hated man in american politics.

coming this fall to YCS: [CYOA] You are Ted Cruz

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 23, 2016

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
I do wonder if Cruz has ever seriously considered why everyone he has ever interacted with personally or professionally seems to feel burning contempt for him, that would really start to bother a normal person.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Slate Action posted:

Exactly one year. Ted Cruz, the first major candidate to announce, spoke at Liberty Unversity on March 23, 2015.

It feels like a century. Are we in Hell?! :tinfoil:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Slate Action posted:

You think we have it bad, someone has to grow up as the starspawn of Ted "chief among the cosmic horrors" Cruz

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I dont know about Americans but a Trump presidency would be better for the world at large than everything barring a Sanders presidency or the entire US population dying of plague

Trump presidency would be good because he would destroy everything.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Al! posted:

You think we have it bad, someone has to grow up as the starspawn of Ted "chief among the cosmic horrors" Cruz

the boogermouth look

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

When's a last time a major party likely nominee put up numbers this terrible - Dole?

e: Oh, Gore had a single -17% poll right after the 2000 RNC.

Pinterest Mom fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Mar 23, 2016

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
loving 11%. They won't show the actual answer of the Kasich vs Clinton poll which was " I'd rather set fire to my face"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Three Olives posted:

I do wonder if Cruz has ever seriously considered why everyone he has ever interacted with personally or professionally seems to feel burning contempt for him, that would really start to bother a normal person.

Except Mike Lee. :3:

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Not a single fucking olive in sight
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/712750419253047296

lol.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I'm sure this is only because people haven't been exposed to Donald Trump yet

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

When's a last time a major party likely nominee put up numbers this terrible - Dole?

Dukakis was leading George H.W. Bush by similar numbers through the spring and summer of '88.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

shiksa posted:

you can tell which ones havnet been exposed because they dont have the rash and their hair isnt falling out

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

shiksa posted:

I probably have a cousin or two in Banjo Country, Kentucky with a family tree I'd really rather not investigate who hasn't heard of him.

And would vote for him

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Dukakis was leading George H.W. Bush by similar numbers through the spring and summer of '88.

hillary's gonna go down when she visits a drone control center in September and a goofy photo of her with an Xbox controller ruins her election chances

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

you can tell which ones havnet been exposed because they dont have the rash and their hair isnt falling out

"W..what's happening to my hands??"

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Alter Ego posted:

I swear, if you'd told me back in December that these three were going to be the last clowns left standing...

even better when you remember that Kasichs in the race because he's won one state

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Does that polling suggest Trump might have finally been stumped?

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Dole only lost by 8.5%, which actually surprises me.

Reagan beat Mondale in 1984 by 18~ points.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

You can tell which ones haven't been exposed to Ted Cruz because they aren't screaming skeletons made of bees with blood pouring eternally from their eye and nose holes

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
At some point I hope some right wing political analysis group or polling firm is going to estimate the likely downticket effects of a Trump / Hillary GE matchup because the only way I can see party leadership actually loving Trump over at the convention (delegate majority or not) is if it looks like he puts the House majority in play.

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

At some point I hope some right wing political analysis group or polling firm is going to estimate the likely downticket effects of a Trump / Hillary GE matchup because the only way I can see party leadership actually loving Trump over at the convention (delegate majority or not) is if it looks like he puts the House majority in play.

Don't stop I'm so close

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Joementum posted:

I knew the Definer of Civilization's Rules and Leader (perhaps) of the Civilizing Forces wrote his dissertation on the great work Leopold did down in Kongo, but I wasn't aware of his master's thesis.

I'll say this for Newt: he's consistent.

We need more interviews like this. It reads more like a calm argument than a simple interview and I felt like I got a better sense of where Newt is at on this than I would have otherwise, even if he is always bluntly honest regardless.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

When everyone not voting for you in your own party doesn't just see you as a rival but as a literal demonic creation, this will happen. They'll get over it.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hey guys! Rand needs more money because he spent all of his on a caucus he didn't even compete in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La3FyKQwMAU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Joementum posted:

Hey guys! Rand needs more money because he spent all of his on a caucus he didn't even compete in.

Maybe he coulda saved on the pictures in front of stuff budget

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Apparently some of Newt Gingrich's old alternate history books are now selling for $0.01 on Amazon now. I'm half-tempted to pick them up.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Joementum posted:

"Together we must fight to protect the Republican majority. Can you imagine what Hillary Clinton will do with a Democrat majority?"

Whoa, what do you know about the upcoming election that we don't, Rand?

Trump's America

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the things Rand Paul has been photographed doing include: standing in front of things, standing near things, sitting with boring tacos, and sitting with In-and-Out burgers. he is a man of many positions near, at, by, of, and other prepositions besides

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Rand Paul, standing in a shallow ditch in a field.

Rand Paul, sitting in a crate with only his hair visible.

Rand Paul, mostly out of frame and out of focus in a nondescript office.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

Slate Action posted:

Selzer/Bloomberg national poll:
3/19 - 3/22 - 815 LV

Clinton 54
Trump 36

lol

I'm one of those 815 and part of the 54%. Got the call yesterday evening. It was pretty cool, but they did ask me one question that made me think a bit:

There is a factory being built in your town that will employ local workers. Which would you prefer?

A) a US-owned company employing 1000 local workers
B) a Chinese-owned company employing 2000 local workers

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i think it is pretty hosed up of kasich to use the ohio national guard to hold the gop hostage during the cleveland convention until they make him the nominee

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Rand Paul, standing in a shallow ditch in a field.

Rand Paul, sitting in a crate with only his hair visible.

Rand Paul, mostly out of frame and out of focus in a nondescript office.

thank you for reminding me of these wonderful highlights from when the campaign was a young and capricious thing. i really wish that somehow the guy who loved being photographed in the general vicinity of other objects and the closeted southern warhawk and maybe the neurosurgeon with the fanciful imagination and a crippling addiction to benzos could have become the frontrunners, instead of the situation we're in now.

to be young again :smith:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

homeless poster posted:

thank you for reminding me of these wonderful highlights from when the campaign was a young and capricious thing. i really wish that somehow the guy who loved being photographed in the general vicinity of other objects and the closeted southern warhawk and maybe the neurosurgeon with the fanciful imagination and a crippling addiction to benzos could have become the frontrunners, instead of the situation we're in now.

to be young again :smith:

The death drive of the American Right has really kicked into high gear. They seem to actively want to destroy America more than even the Shah

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Oiled and Ready posted:

Trump 2016 isn't a POLITICAL MESSAGE you inexorable racist. It's virulent hatespeech and is as bad as chalking swastikas outside of the Jewish fraternity.

Unironically agree.

Montasque posted:

Students being students isnt the story, the story is that the administration wants to punish someone for political speech.

I guess you COULD argue TRUMP:2016 is hate speech...

Trump 20:16: "And lo the meek and helpless came to him for help, but were turned away until he could figure out exactly what was going on."

Dapper_Swindler posted:

cruz and trump seem to be in a race to see who can lose the most of the non-white/male electorate.

AKA the GOP primaries.

William Bear posted:

What even are Muslim neighborhoods in the US? Muslims here are so few and so assimilated they just live with everyone else.

Maybe some parts of Michigan could be called "Muslim Neighborhoods", but other than that, our Muslims aren't geographically distinct like in Europe.

You mean you have never rolled your windows up in a panic when you realized you were in the ISIS part of town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

I'm one of those 815 and part of the 54%. Got the call yesterday evening. It was pretty cool, but they did ask me one question that made me think a bit:

There is a factory being built in your town that will employ local workers. Which would you prefer?

A) a US-owned company employing 1000 local workers
B) a Chinese-owned company employing 2000 local workers

That's a good question

• Locked thread