Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Intergalactic
Apr 21, 2010

CRASH!
:sharpton:
AGAIN!

Endman posted:

I'd drop the Prockets to keep Kallus on Whisper, give her Veteran Instincts and have a two point init bid to keep her safe against other PS 9s.

I'll probably do that. It's not worth getting the v1 in trouble that early, because he's likely going to get hit pretty hard trying to get at R1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

ConfusedUs posted:

The various emails regarding Omega Leader all ended up in the FAQ. Their recent track record is pretty good.

They reversed the Juke/C3P0 email though, so there's a reasonable chance that they'll fix their mistake.

Brunas fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 23, 2016

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So on Saturday I should be going to my first ever tournament at Dice Age in Vancouver WA. I'm planning on bringing the XXY list that I've used regularly in my games up here rather than trying some crazy Wave 8 shenanigans since I've yet to be able to actually give any Wave 8 stuff a try, plus it's a list I enjoy flying in addition to being familiar. I've been going over and tweaking it back and forth some and I'm not quite sure how to finalize it though. At the moment the list as it stands is:

Wedge Antilles
-Predator

Wes Janson
-Veteran Instincts
-R3-A2
-Integrated Astromech

Dutch Vander
-Twin Laser Turret
-Seismic Charges
-Extra Munitions
-Bomb Loadout

Wedge & Wes you know how that goes, Dutch is along to basically provide support in the form of a TLT to wear ships down as well as bombs for area denial/chip damage/something against swarms, and his pilot ability allows me to give the X-Wings extra offensive punch while reserving their actions for focus on the defensive end or simply giving them an extra-solid attack, even after K-turns. Yeah, I know that Wedge doesn't have an Astromech above, that's because what's up there is 97 points. So the question is, what do I do with the remainder?

Generally what I've been doing is giving Wedge an R2 Astromech + Integrated Astromech, it's cheap and it's effective, opens up his greens and adds an extra point of health, plus it gives me a two point initiative bid. On the other hand, another possibility is giving him BB-8 instead which even on a T-65 dial allows for some unpredictable movement possibilities and expands my options, though it would bump me up to 99 points. Another option that recently came along is Adaptability. At a cost of 0 points I could exchange out VI on Wes for that, bring him to PS9, and shave a point...but that leaves me more susceptible to things like PS10 Corrans and Poes (obviously PS11 Vader isn't really a thing I can take measures against short of flying better than them regardless). Plus I wouldn't really be taking advantage of the ability to flip the card anyway since I can't think of too many advantages to dropping Wes to PS7.

Another thing that's just come out is Thermal Detonators, which would cost me 3 points to Seismic's 2 but adds a stress on top of the damage. That could prove sufficiently useful for setting up future turns provided I land them, but I don't know if it's worth the extra point for the stress. Usually I'm satisfied with the Seismic Charges simply for the extra damage output, and as you can see a single point is pretty dear already. I'd rather not go in at 100 points simply because I like at least having something of a bid. Torpedoes on Wedge are kind of out simply due to points, and I've done the Flechette Torpedo on Wes before but wasn't enamored of it, especially when (though I know nothing about the meta of where I'm playing) I'm expecting to see a fair amount of JM5Ks, Mist Hunters, Ghosts, and other high-hull ships.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Personally I wasn't a fan at all of bombs at ps 6, but you could drop extra muni and get the EPT droid and VI, or targeting Astromech for TL shenanigans if you think you'll get blocked. Then R2 + IA on Wedge with a 2 point bid, or 1 point if you want thermal detonators,which are probably worth it.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!

Kai Tave posted:

So on Saturday I should be going to my first ever tournament at Dice Age in Vancouver WA. I'm planning on bringing the XXY list that I've used regularly in my games up here rather than trying some crazy Wave 8 shenanigans since I've yet to be able to actually give any Wave 8 stuff a try, plus it's a list I enjoy flying in addition to being familiar. I've been going over and tweaking it back and forth some and I'm not quite sure how to finalize it though. At the moment the list as it stands is:

I'm in basically the same boat as you. First store championship on Saturday. Going to take a list I'm super familiar with instead of something new and unknown. My list is actually similar (and very different) to yours. 2 X-wings (t-70's) and a TLT (stresshog).

quote:

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Ello Asty (30)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R2-D2 (4)
Autothrusters (2)

Gold Squadron Pilot (18)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
R3-A2 (2)
BTL-A4 Y-Wing (0)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

hoiyes posted:

Personally I wasn't a fan at all of bombs at ps 6, but you could drop extra muni and get the EPT droid and VI, or targeting Astromech for TL shenanigans if you think you'll get blocked. Then R2 + IA on Wedge with a 2 point bid, or 1 point if you want thermal detonators,which are probably worth it.

Y'know, I didn't think I'd be a fan of the bombs either but Shockeh, who was the one who originally devised this list, swore by them and I gave them a shot and I'll be damned if they haven't come through for me pretty much every game I've played using this list. Most people just don't take Seismic Charges into account, which means even at PS6 I stand a reasonable shot at clipping at least someone once per game, twice if they're playing something other than 2-3 zippy aces...the last time I went up against a TIE swarm with this I was able to use both charges to drop three TIEs down to a hull each...and even against higher PS arc dodgers I've found that merely the presence of a bomb token even if it "only" does a point of damage can be enough to encourage them to boost or barrel roll in suboptimally simply to try and avoid the blast.

I'd actually considered Targeting Astromech as a safety against being blocked, I just wish it wasn't 2 points. I haven't really had Dutch blocked too much before though, usually people are trying to block the X-Wings instead.

Smegmalicious
Mar 13, 2002

I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence.
Is there any way that the rebel version of Veterans is not a Rogue Squadron movie tie in?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Smegmalicious posted:

Is there any way that the rebel version of Veterans is not a Rogue Squadron movie tie in?

I hope not. Well it would be cool if E-Wings and Y-Wings were in Rogue One.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Smegmalicious posted:

What new pilots could they include? Or would it be more just shuffling around existing pilots into other craft, like Steele?

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Gimme my god damned X-wing pilots Tycho and Corran already FFG. :argh:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Icon Of Sin posted:

What new pilots could they include? Or would it be more just shuffling around existing pilots into other craft, like Steele?

Tycho, Corran, PS6 Rogue Squadron generic, something else? :getin:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Strobe posted:

Gimme my god damned X-wing pilots Tycho and Corran already FFG. :argh:

Along with a T-65 title.

Seriously, we need Rebel Veterans. Tycho in a T-65 would own.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

ro5s posted:

Piggy and horse-head guy.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ro5s posted:

Kell Tainer, PS 5, 25 pts.

"After you perform an attack, if the attack hit, you may suffer 1 damage in order to cause that ship to suffer 1 damage."

Maybe?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Post of me would love to have the whole X-Wing crew in X-Wings, part of me wants more than 1 or two viable pilots for most other ships. :ohdear:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Piggy and horse-head guy.

Piggy, Runt, Kell Tainer, Face, Ton Phanan.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Strobe posted:

Kell Tainer, PS 5, 25 pts.

"After you perform an attack, if the attack hit, you may suffer 1 damage in order to cause that ship to suffer 1 damage."

Maybe?

"If this ship is the highest pilot skill ship in your list at any time, gain 5 stress tokens and your opponent sets your dial each turn."

:v:

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

The Gate posted:

"If this ship is the highest pilot skill ship in your list at any time, gain 5 stress tokens and your opponent sets your dial each turn."

:v:

That was Myn Donos. :v:

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
This game needs Phanan.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
You know that Rogue One won't be based on the Rogue Squadron books right?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It wouldn't even if Disney hadn't nuked the books from orbit. The time frame is completely different.

I don't give a drat about the film though, I just want good T-65s.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It'd be nice to get a lot of new pilots for a lot of ships. I remember a few (hundred) pages ago in this thread coming up with new Y-wing pilots that was pretty fun. One was reverse Biggs (if another friendly ship is within range 1 of you, an enemy must target it if possible), and the other could add attack dice when attacking large base ships with torpedoes.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Yes, but the game has no problem borrowing from them.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

~10 games down with Vessery, Omega Leader, and Inquisitor. I've only lost one of them, to one of the best players I know.

I've nuked Decimators and Ghosts. I've killed Brobots and TLTs. Aces and generics alike just seem to melt when I turn the guns on them.

...Is it possible that I've made A Good List with a pre-Veterans Defender?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

We're not talking about Rogue One being about the Rogue Squadron books, we're talking about FFG making pilot cards for Rogue Squadron and Wraith Squadron.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Yub Yub!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Yes, but the game has no problem borrowing from them.

Yeah but the conversation started with

Smegmalicious posted:

Which I agree with. If Rebel Veterans is a Rogue One tie-in then it definitely won't be using any EU characters. Not that that would be a huge loss

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Not that that would be a huge loss

:getout:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

Yub Yub!

They need to print Lt Kettch at some point.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Some Numbers posted:

They won't.

But they do.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

ConfusedUs posted:

~10 games down with Vessery, Omega Leader, and Inquisitor. I've only lost one of them, to one of the best players I know.

I've nuked Decimators and Ghosts. I've killed Brobots and TLTs. Aces and generics alike just seem to melt when I turn the guns on them.

...Is it possible that I've made A Good List with a pre-Veterans Defender?

I tried it and I'm 2-1 with it so far; Thug Lyfe loving wrecked me, but I also goofed up the range band on OL one turn and it was lights out. Inquisitor is good, but he isn't "solo four TLTs" good.

Metal Slug won twice again last night, bringing the IRL record up to 7-2-1 (called a game early against a friend who had Corran Horn on the table vs. Soontir Fel, which is just an unimaginably boring match to play out - he agreed it was unfun and we reset). Taught someone new how to play X-Wing and also won with our fat Hera and Jake build, which feels really janky even as it continues to win. I'm considering going to Autoblaster/Accuracy Corrector Ghost because I'm a douchelord. Anyone already floating a solid single-Ghost list? I want to use Hera, but I also like winning, and FCS+TLT Hera is probably not the way to do that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Strobe posted:

It'd be nice to get a lot of new pilots for a lot of ships. I remember a few (hundred) pages ago in this thread coming up with new Y-wing pilots that was pretty fun. One was reverse Biggs (if another friendly ship is within range 1 of you, an enemy must target it if possible), and the other could add attack dice when attacking large base ships with torpedoes.

Lieutenant Telsij!

w/ base token!

I didn't make the other Y-Wing pilot though, I don't think anyone came up with a name for him.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Sorry but none of the EU ships are even half as good as the movie ships. Probably since they weren't designed by Joe Johnston or Ralph Mcquarrie or any of the other people who worked on the movies.

Though some of the newer EU/spinoff ship designs are pretty close.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
We're not talking about EU ships. We're talking about EU pilots.

:getout:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Some Numbers posted:

The Starwars LCG has no problem with making ewok decks viable so there is hope.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

AndyElusive posted:

Lieutenant Telsij!

w/ base token!

I didn't make the other Y-Wing pilot though, I don't think anyone came up with a name for him.

There's a Y-wing pilot mentioned on Wookiepedia that was known for daring bombing runs on Star Destroyers. That's where I got the ability idea from, and I recall he was a Rodian, but I don't remember the name and cba to find it now.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Strobe posted:

There's a Y-wing pilot mentioned on Wookiepedia that was known for daring bombing runs on Star Destroyers. That's where I got the ability idea from, and I recall he was a Rodian, but I don't remember the name and cba to find it now.

This dude.

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Honestly they can release new single ship packs with different paint jobs and create new pilots and upgrades for them.

Give me an X Wing that looks awesome under black light.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'd really like Wedge's Bacta War X-Wing paintjob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

More pilots who happen to be female, there's like with Miranda, Scarlet, Howl, and I guess maybe Guri?

• Locked thread