Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

LordPants posted:

Man I don't know, Wahoo Terminal is alright by me.

Agreed. Even more shamefully, I find 9CWL is tolerable since he kicked all the old people out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

PurdWerfect posted:

Agreed. Even more shamefully, I find 9CWL is tolerable since he kicked all the old people out of it.

Stockholm Syndrome, Comics Edition

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I think "people in lust get married" is only a good story if you show the inevitable breakdown and divorce three months later.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Pogo (March 25-26, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four, in which we introduce another blue chipper. (July 12-14, 1954)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

And suddenly Pig-pen has become the most tragic character in all of Peanuts for me. He never got a name, incidentally. :smith:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Outbusts of Everett True

Good Time Guy (click for big)

Flapper Fanny Says

Feiffer (click for big)

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

Ahh, I see we've reached the point where Everett came down with a bad case of Jingoism

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Ardeem posted:

Ahh, I see we've reached the point where Everett came down with a bad case of Jingoism

Not quite, this was before the US entered the war. That's when it happens, unfortunately.

Edit: No, wait, I completely ignored the second one there. Huh, the first time through I thought the top one was before we entered. You're right.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

RandomFerret posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

If there's one thing Kory Merritt's art lends itself to really well, it's sharks.

Those are all real species, too. Even the one in the bottom right.

This is nice. Plenty of kids have to deal with loss and aren't sure if they're grieving "correctly," or feel like they're betraying their loved-one when they begin to heal. Hey, kids, it's ok. Feel the way you feel.

Luann

There are definitely bigger boner-killers than having Gunther sitting there watching you, craning his stupid little neck to get a better view, but it still ranks pretty high.

This strip is garbage.

Luann readers are obsessed with asexuality. Or maybe just this guy is. I'm not going back to check if it's the same dude.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Or let the magic expert standing right next to you take a crack at it? He's been spending the whole afternoon doing inane poo poo with his powers, you might as well give him the chance to do something useful.

Sally Forth

Did you see that, Zack? PQ in the coffee!

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ardeem posted:

It'll only last for about 18 months of strips, and I like the history- it's a good window into how viciously the country rallied 'round the flag.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Dr. Karl Zerblowski has a really niche fetish.

Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
We really need another Feifer. Thankfully, he's not dead yet, but we just need someone who puts stuff like that in the funny pages and makes it good.

Fake edit: send us a new Morrie Turner while you're at it.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Kumaton posted:

We really need another Feifer. Thankfully, he's not dead yet, but we just need someone who puts stuff like that in the funny pages and makes it good.

Fake edit: send us a new Morrie Turner while you're at it.

It was in the Village Voice, not newspapers.

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

Kavak posted:

It was in the Village Voice, not newspapers.

True, sorry. I had just looked that up before I posted that, too.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Or let the magic expert standing right next to you take a crack at it? He's been spending the whole afternoon doing inane poo poo with his powers, you might as well give him the chance to do something useful.
Oh, I hope we're getting another story where Spider-Man fails miserably and then sits on the sidelines talking about how he's totally going to do something any minute now until someone else solves the problem for him. :allears:

Julet Esqu posted:

Did you see that, Zack? PQ in the coffee!
What?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

This is gross in so many ways. Also I am really confused by Tiffany's sheer stocking legwarmers.

It is a Deadly Premonition joke.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
This.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Slammy posted:

Feiffer (click for big)

That's a pretty optimistic outlook on the reaction.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life, March 7-13, the continuation of the carpool arc

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Man, what was up with Matt Groening

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
This Intelligent Life story is like a million times more pathetic than Gunther's manbaby antics will ever be.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Calaveron posted:

Man, what was up with Matt Groening

Besides being a fairly typical "alternative newspaper" cartoonist who was just about to hit the jackpot beyond his wildest dreams?

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pickles

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

Wallace the Brave

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Mark Trail

You know, it's really only Gabe who's constantly threatened with death in this arc. I guess he's the more expendable of the two characters we don't know or care about.

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

igtenos55
Jun 14, 2001

Whatever happened to Radio Patrol? Hadn't seen it in awhile or have I missed it?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (January 24, 1929)

Peanuts, in which Linus invents Gatorade...four years after the University of Florida. (March 27, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

:bang: CLIFF. ANGER. :bang:

This is a serious work of art, y'all.

Crankshaft

Your punchline for today: Old books are old.

Li'l Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 28-29, 1928)

Thimble Theater, in which the Oyl family seriously needs to work on their debate skills. (October 11, 1929)

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

EasyEW posted:

:bang: CLIFF. ANGER. :bang:

This is a serious work of art, y'all.p

You should probably save your rage until we're subjected to the full-size version on Sunday.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Gatorade was a small subplot in ball four so I guess that based on it appearing in peanuts and that book maybe it was just getting into the public eye

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Slammy posted:

Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

Never heard of eating mothballs, but apparently it's actually something people do.

F Minus

Mary Worth

"A bolder personal effort!"

And straight into the song and dance number!

Just a bolder personal effort makes the friends come round
The friends come rou-ound
The friends come round
just a bolder personal effort makes the friends come round
It's what Mary Worth does say!

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

The Moll is the most interesting character in this story. More Moll, please, guy from 80 years ago.

Apartment 3-G

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (March 1, 1951)

Barnaby (August 6, 1942)

Nancy (April 15, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (December 27, 1928)

Gasoline Alley (January 25, 1923)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

You know what else helps you make friends? Having a discernible personality.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life, March 7-13, the continuation of the carpool arc

:lol: Reddick you are such a tool

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Apartment 3-R

Meanwhile, in a slightly darker reality...

Transmodiar fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Mar 24, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

LordPants posted:

Gatorade was a small subplot in ball four so I guess that based on it appearing in peanuts and that book maybe it was just getting into the public eye

It didn't make it to stores until after the 1967 Orange Bowl, so it was probably still a novelty at the time.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Transmodiar posted:

Apartment 3-R

Meanwhile, in a slightly darker reality...

Storyline needs to continue as "Apartment 8814"

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Pluggers refuse to understand foreign culture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Explains why so many die. "I gotta go to cardio- cradio-. You know what, I feel fine."

• Locked thread