Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Oh yeah I see Laurel's lifeline getting shorter as we speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Olicity's Secret Wedding Foiled

Thread title please

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

Is every episode gonna end on a downer like this? And I don't mean downer like "Oh I'm sad now" I mean like "This is dumb just stop"

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Yes. Double down on the lovely Olicity drama.

Can we just have Felicity in the god damned grave already?

I guess this at least opens us up to the far more tolerable Mr. Terrific as in-house hacker/technerd.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

My god. Bees.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Next week: oh dear, oh dear oh dear.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Olicity's Secret Wedding Foiled

Thread title please

Seconded.

And next episode is the goddamn bees! Nooooo!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hey Oliver, gently caress your PTSD.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Might have been the worst episode of Arrow yet. Jesus Christ.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Who writes this crap.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

nooneofconsequence posted:

Who writes this crap.

Canadians.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I did appreciate the callback to Oliver being a super hacker in the pilot.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Felicity: "You were on that island, alone"

I don't think Oliver has spent a single loving minute on that drat island by himself yet.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

howe_sam posted:

Felicity: "You were on that island, alone"

I don't think Oliver has spent a single loving minute on that drat island by himself yet.

There was that time he was with his dad's corpse :zombie:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Cupid was really fun, I wish she was a larger focus of the episode.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sir Potato posted:

Might have been the worst episode of Arrow yet. Jesus Christ.

Don't say this when we're getting THE BEES next week.

But yeah, deffo up there on the "worst episodes of the show" list.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
After Felicity escapes bees hopefully she can go get an apartment with Patty Spivot, Jesse Wells, and Henry Allen.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

After Felicity escapes bees hopefully she can go get an apartment with Patty Spivot, Jesse Wells, and Henry Allen.

Those are all characters that are good

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Is it bad that I find the flashback snippets more interesting than the actual show this week?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Thea was owning this ep.

"It's Cupid, stupid." :v:

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
I figured it out. It's Oliver's severed penis and ballsack lying in the grave.

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013
Well this was dire. Maybe with all the Ollicity out of the way the next episode will be better.

*watches the trailer for the next episode*

Oh :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cupid is the best and Amy Gumenick is friggin adorable.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Cupid is the best and Amy Gumenick is friggin adorable.

A Suicide Squad spin-off series would've been a better alternative to another season of Arrow at this point.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
uuuugggghhhhhhhh

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I thought it was nice that Laurel got to do some lawyering again. I don't know what parallel universe would allow a prosecutor to put her own father on the stand and interrogate him though.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Who writes this crap.

Whoever it is, did they have to turn Felicity into the most strident, unforgiving harpy in the show? I mean seriously; Olie hosed half of the city before the ship wreck and all Felicity cares about is that there is one single illegitimate child out of his past. They could do an episode called "Delivery Man" and show all of Oliver's bastard children coming out the woodwork all over the world.

This episode made me feel the same way I did when I watched the Walking Dead episode where Rick left Carol by herself in that lovely town because he thought she had killed the influenza victims and so he couldn't trust her anymore. I haven't watched that show since.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Zebulon posted:

Yes. Double down on the lovely Olicity drama.

Can we just have Felicity in the god damned grave already?

I guess this at least opens us up to the far more tolerable Mr. Terrific as in-house hacker/technerd.

Oh no, its gonna be Mr. Terrific's husband in the grave, which gives him the impetus to join the team as resident super hacker, steal John's stupid helmet, and have a very special relationship with Oliver as he too explores his budding bisexuality! SHIPPERS YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHIN YET

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

radical meme posted:

Whoever it is, did they have to turn Felicity into the most strident, unforgiving harpy in the show? I mean seriously; Olie hosed half of the city before the ship wreck and all Felicity cares about is that there is one single illegitimate child out of his past. They could do an episode called "Delivery Man" and show all of Oliver's bastard children coming out the woodwork all over the world.

This episode made me feel the same way I did when I watched the Walking Dead episode where Rick left Carol by herself in that lovely town because he thought she had killed the influenza victims and so he couldn't trust her anymore. I haven't watched that show since.

She doesn't care about the kid, she cares that he lied to her. You can think it's bullshit, but she's spelled it out pretty clearly.

I definitely didn't like the snarky tone they had her taking for most of this episode though, she was coming across like Oliver had broken it off with her instead of vice-versa.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

ShakeZula posted:

She doesn't care about the kid, she cares that he lied to her. You can think it's bullshit, but she's spelled it out pretty clearly.

I definitely didn't like the snarky tone they had her taking for most of this episode though, she was coming across like Oliver had broken it off with her instead of vice-versa.

I was watching this thinking "Goddam why are you being so passive aggressive?"

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

I think this is a good opportunity to re-stress the fact that, well, it cannot possibly be stressed enough how completely and totally none of Felicity's business it is what Oliver decided to do with William.

On the grand schemey scale of people who should have any say whatsoever in anything that goes on with William, the most important would obviously be Samantha, his mother.

A couple steps down from that might presumably be the other friends and family members that Samantha has allowed into William's life.

Very, very far below that tier might perhaps...conceivably...be Oliver Queen, if only based on the tentative case that he is William's father and that he can't really be called a bad father, given the circumstances, nor do we have much reason to suspect he would be.

At the absolute subterranean nadir, leagues upon miles below the crust of the planet, far within a shadowy realm beyond the reaches of light and life, enveloped by profane whispers and the overpowering scent of acid...lies any say Felicity should have at all in this situation.

It's just...it's none of her business. But she made it her business because that's the character, because she's incredibly, consistently self-possessed and makes everyone's problems all about herself. Heck, today she even managed to make Cupid's issues all about her own issues! It's bewildering and, heck, actually kind of impressive how strong and how persistent of a character trait they've managed to make this.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cupid is totally cray.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
What BrianWilly said above.

Oliver consistently blames himself for everything bad hat happens. Felicity never misses an opportunity to blame Oliver also.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
This show needs more colorful costumes for the heroes/ villains.
I mean I get it that their costumes are different dark colors (supposedly), but all I see in the fight scenes is people in black costumes fighting, and I swear at some point I thought Diggle was punching Thea when they ambushed Cupid. Though, granted I am semi colorblind.

Also, drat, if the season didn't convince someone that Felicity is now consistently a terrible character, the last two episodes should do it.

Then, again, I can't remember a good written relationship for this show and there's little hope that the next one for Oliver (and probably Laurel) is going to be fun.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I hate the direction of those show. At this point, I feel like the finale reveal is going to be Oliver telling the story of how he met and married Laurel to their kids, only for her to die. At the end of the story, her kids are the same kids as How I met your mother and they're just like "DAD SHUT UP AND GO ASK FELICITY OUT ALREADY," like HIMYM......because its that bad

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah I've been watching since season 2 but tonight was the first time I really considered just turning an episode off. I don't care who is in the grave and the level of stupid manufactured drama exceeds even CW levels of awful. This poo poo would be right at home on daytime TV with General Hospital. gently caress, this was bad.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I try not to bitch too hard about a bad episode because every show has them and they're just a fact of life. But this was the perfect summation of what's being going wrong with the show since season 3. They had something promising going with the new and fresh tone at the start of this season but we're right back to endless angst between Oliver and Felicity. Emily Bett Rickards is pretty great but I don't want to hear her do the half-sob/half-talking poo poo ever again.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
"You live a life where you will have to keep secrets to protect others and I cannot deal with that." - Felicity Smoak

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Huh. Well. That certainly was an episode of Arrow.

Also, I'm pretty sure kevlar isn't really effective against arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

10 Beers posted:

Huh. Well. That certainly was an episode of Arrow.

Also, I'm pretty sure kevlar isn't really effective against arrows.

I assumed Ollie caught it because he's a badass

• Locked thread