Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Dimma is the smartest guy in football for signing that contract extension before they actually played football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
A contract mean anything when the Tiger Army storm the box and tear you limb from limb.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

monolithburger posted:

A contract doesn't stop the Tiger Army storming the box and tearing you limb from limb.

Yeah but at least his family will be better compensated

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
The Tigers did not deserve that mark

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Holy poo poo that pissweak tackling

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
That would have been the most low effort goal if Riewoldt kicked that

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
FOOTBALL IS TERRIBLE

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

The Deadly Hume posted:

Whatever the Tiges' cheer squad is wearing, that should be the clash strip.

They would look like a team of male strippers

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

snaeksikn posted:

They would look like a team of male strippers
This gag is several years too late, but: The Tivendales?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Kreuzer slams the ball on his boot to a part of the ground where no teammates are near, goes out, called deliberate, "tough call"

That's textbook deliberate.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Carlton are exhausted

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
That's a shame, I was hoping for clouds of membership card fumes over Punt Road to get the season off to a fun start.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

So basically the story of the game is Richmond gently caress around for three quarters, then realise they're supposed to be final contenders. 5 minutes, though, still time for a choke.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Carlton gonna Carlton

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

EDIT: Already said that.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Welp, nothings changed. May as well give Hawthorn the premiership now and get on with our lives.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

The Deadly Hume posted:

So basically the story of the game is Richmond gently caress around for three quarters, then realise they're supposed to be final contenders. 5 minutes, though, still time for a choke.

Honestly I think it's less that and more Carlton being dead on their feet since 3 quarter time

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Yeah I was thinking that too, just a young team I guess, and with that they're giving Richmond that extra space.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yeah, there's been 3 goals this quarter that Carlton were stopping when they were fresh

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Scrappy game but not a bad one to ring in the season. Considering some of the recent matches between these two.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Yeah pretty happy with that for a season opener

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

That was loads of fun

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Not sure if this means the Blues are ok or Richmond are poo poo. Carlton looked pretty good.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Carlton couldn't hold on to the football in the 4th either. They played pretty well though for a team that was utter garbage last year, but it's hard to tell if it was just Richmond being Richmond.

e: They might have won if Casboult wasn't such a poo poo kick.

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Mar 24, 2016

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Carlton looked infinitely better than they did last year, actually had a plan with some direction.

Richmond will want Deledio back in their side as soon as possible.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Hamish giving it to "Stevo" for his dumb comment that football players should be "better" than the general public.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Carlton have definitely improved under Bolton, they have an actual game plan now. Just ran out of energy in the last quarter. If they had a forward line they might be a decent team.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
I can definitely see them falling away as the season goes on, but they seem like they might be going in the positive direction at least.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Weird Sandwich posted:

Carlton have definitely improved under Bolton, they have an actual game plan now. Just ran out of energy in the last quarter. If they had a forward line they might be a decent team.

If only they had access to 100 odd goals worth of small forwards...

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-24/ticketing-failure-leaves-mcg-fans-stranded

I don't really feel for these people because of their reliance on mobile technologies, especially after a string of incidents with online ticketing. Print the loving thing.

On the other hand, burn Ticketek and Ticketmaster to the ground. As an Eagles fan I've missed out on so many seat resales because of their terrible servers.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!

Diet Crack posted:

Most overrated player Cotchin is.

e: hahaha holy gently caress Daisy's hair

It legitimately looks like someone has gone to town on him with the smear filter.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!

Solemn Sloth posted:

If only they had access to 100 odd goals worth of small forwards...

The lack of tall forwards who can kick straight (lol Casboult) is the bigger problem. Still miss Betts and Garlett though, glad they're doing so well at their new clubs.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Welp, time for a trim, that's exactly how I look at this very moment. :negative:

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

It's a pity that Casboult can't kick to save his life because he's a fantastic contested mark

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Jesus Dustin Martin is such a scumfuck.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

It's a pity that Casboult can't kick to save his life because he's a fantastic contested mark

Much Like Your Hogan

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
I'm not panicking just yet, I might have jumped the gun on my premiership call but lock in top four.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Finally some fresh numbers to work with.

Richmond dropped a bit, Carlton picked up a bit. Richmond and Collingwood next week looking pretty interesting, and not just for the chains, shivs and cricket bats aspect.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

TG-Chrono posted:

Jesus Dustin Martin is such a scumfuck.

Is this in relation to something recent, or just a general observation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

I'm pretty scared at the thought of two McDonalds kicking the ball out of defence.

• Locked thread