Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm scrambling to get the medals together to dokkan an AGI Roshi into Max Power Roshi in time for the tournament, unfortunately I think the AGI medal day was on Monday so I'm just trying my luck on story maps and hoping for the best. Only need 5 of the bronze medals but that's still ~20 capsules I'd need to land on.

The team I think I'll be running is:
LR Broly
PHY SSJ Broly
PHY SSJ2 Goku
Turles
AGI Max Power Roshi (if I can get him in time)
STR SSJ Goten (for PHY->rainbow orb change)

That's 4 guys that give +2 ki in links or passives, Goten may as well be a 5th with his orb change passive. It's a good thing I have some stones saved up, feel pretty good about my chances to get 80 wins with this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Isn't it kinda counterintuitive to use that Goten in a team with 2 PHY fighters?

PS: Nevermind, I see the idea is to make Broly launch his super as soon as possible.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 23, 2016

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just going to run my mono STR team with either a second LSSJ Broly as support, or a +2 ki guy.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'm getting the sense that a team of +ki folks is more important than rainbow synergy. I might need to refine my team a bit.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

New Leaf posted:

I'm getting the sense that a team of +ki folks is more important than rainbow synergy. I might need to refine my team a bit.

LSSJ Broly gives +3 ki and +3000 attack to str chars and another +2 ki char adds +2 on top of that. +4 if it's Turles, and another +3 and 3000 attack if it's another LSSJ Broly. In practice it's not an issue most of the time.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

-Troika- posted:

LSSJ Broly gives +3 ki and +3000 attack to str chars and another +2 ki char adds +2 on top of that. +4 if it's Turles, and another +3 and 3000 attack if it's another LSSJ Broly. In practice it's not an issue most of the time.

The problem is, I don't have the +3 Broly, just the +2. I was too focused on the Cell event. I also don't have a Turles or Ultimate Gohan. I came up with something new that utilizes ssj2 AGL Goku and Shocking Speed a little bit. I'll link when I'm not mobile.

EDIT: Team and box: http://imgur.com/a/o4S1h

Made a Reddit post on the teambuilding megathread to see what they come up with.

New Leaf fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Mar 23, 2016

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I think my WT team will probably be Ultimate Gohan, AGL Max Power Roshi, Teq Whis, UR+ Int Cell, STR SSJ2 Gohan and UR Kid Goku. So a rainbow team, not that usual from my regular one. My one concern is that one AGL card might not be enough to deal with all the Brolys I'm expecting to run into.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sometime when I have the proper SSRs, I'm gonna make an AGL team just to annoy Broly players in tournaments.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Can I use Google Play credits to buy stones? That might be a good way for F2P to get stones :v:

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Stones are pricey (how much have you guys spent?) so the credits we get from Google Play aren't going to get many.

It looks like the next banner includes the nuke-enabling SSGSS Goku that I want. I may be sorely tempted to break F2P.
https://dbz.space/gashas/00080

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

-Troika- posted:

Sometime when I have the proper SSRs, I'm gonna make an AGL team just to annoy Broly players in tournaments.

I don't think it matters, he does enough damage to break 10k on AGL cards. Especially since most of the best ones are Super.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Has Japan gotten DBS cards yet?

Is there ever going to be more story quests?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

visceril posted:

Has Japan gotten DBS cards yet?

Is there ever going to be more story quests?

They just got a new batch of story along with the Treasure tab in Baba's Shop. Might be a bit for us.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Echophonic posted:

I don't think it matters, he does enough damage to break 10k on AGL cards. Especially since most of the best ones are Super.

The point is actually to slow them down because they're losing points for a non-super-effective attack. It's just a way to shake an impotent fist at all Broly teams from the perspective of a have-not.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Any tips on how to build a tournament team? Just go with my most powerful rainbow team that I usually use, or what?

E: Using Zangya, INT SSJ Teen Gohan, INT SSJ Trunks, PHY SSJ Vegeta, TEQ SSJ Goku, STR SSJ Kid Trunks atm.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 23, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
The ideal tournament team throws lots of supers. Broly teams are a subset of this, but Shocking Speed and the new Prepared for Battle cards are also very good at it.

Lacking the ability to throw a lot of supers, you want strong attackers. +attack leaders win the day if you have a team that's lacking in ki links. You need to break 10k damage reliably and have good type coverage for both offense and defense. Notably bad at this is PHY SSJ Vegeta.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Turles/AGI Roshi/AGI SSJ2 Gohan/Kaioken/ STR SSJ Goku/ Evil Buu is team A

Team B is Turles/ Final Freeza/ INT Cooler/ STR golden freeza/ 2nd form / Despairs Onslaght 1st form

Team C is just rainbow SSJ 3/3 kamehameha and vegeta family

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011

Echophonic posted:

The ideal tournament team throws lots of supers. Broly teams are a subset of this, but Shocking Speed and the new Prepared for Battle cards are also very good at it.

Lacking the ability to throw a lot of supers, you want strong attackers. +attack leaders win the day if you have a team that's lacking in ki links. You need to break 10k damage reliably and have good type coverage for both offense and defense. Notably bad at this is PHY SSJ Vegeta.

Unfortunately I think he's my only phys card worth a drat other than the dokkan'd SSJ Teen Gohan.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
If you can't build a +ki team to throw supers, then focus on characters that can do over 8k damage every attack. This means you want characters with low 100% damage ki thresholds and passives that increase ATK.

I'm in that boat and by simply being able to almost always OHKO my targets, I was able to get top 5000 in the last WT.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Haerc posted:

Unfortunately I think he's my only phys card worth a drat other than the dokkan'd SSJ Teen Gohan.

You have that PHY Perfect Cell, too. He's a pretty good hitter.

I took a look at that box picture you posted a while back. Maybe something like this?

PHY SSJ Vegeta/INT SSJ Gohan/INT SSJ Trunks/AGL SSJ Bardock/AGL 17/PHY Perfect Cell

Takes advantage of SSJ Vegeta's leader skill pretty well, I think. You could also run AGL Goku in place of 17.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 23, 2016

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I just realized that the reason the they were running Battle of Gods was to try and get the +3 Ki Shu support medals.

I'm pretty sure I won't be able to go as gung-ho as I did for the 1st and 3rd World Tournaments, but I hope that 80 wins should be doable. Team Turles/Majin Vegeta/SSJ3Goku/AGL Kaioken Goku/AGL SSG Goku/SSJBroly should be pretty good for hopefully hitting supers, but not having as many Tree of Mights/Shu's could be an issue on the rankings.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I'm afraid that Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta's going to be the tournament prize, ensuring that I'll never get it.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Echophonic posted:

They just got a new batch of story along with the Treasure tab in Baba's Shop. Might be a bit for us.

What is the treasure tab for?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
They introduced a new collectable crystal thing that you can cash in for characters. There's a INT SSJ2 Teen Gohan, SSR Krillin and Yamcha, some other stuff. They can only be collected in the the new chapters.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Why are there two different SR TEQ Krillins?
As a side question, is there a good Krillin? I have a Z-Fighter team, but the only Krillins I have are the two different TEQ ones, and Police Krillin.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

the_steve posted:

Why are there two different SR TEQ Krillins?
As a side question, is there a good Krillin? I have a Z-Fighter team, but the only Krillins I have are the two different TEQ ones, and Police Krillin.

As much as I love Krillin as a character, they're both outclassed by other TEQ Z Fighters. I'd keep the Police one just because Patrol is a fun link with Saiyaman and Jaco, but realistically, you'll probably never use any of them.

That said, one ends up with an Awakened cost higher than the other.. That's the better one. But not by much. They did the same thing with AGL Yamcha.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Is it bad that I'm glad that they suck at maintenance so we get free stones?

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

visceril posted:

Nah, I'm right there with you.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

visceril posted:

Every time there's a maintenance I hope they screw up. If they end up deleting my account by mistake then even better (I'll take 1000 stones of compensation and a new account please).

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Oh come the gently caress on, let me play my punchmans! Now they're 5 minutes over the +2hour maintenance. What could possibly be taking this long?

I need my fix, man. You don't know what it's like..

Edit: gently caress another +1 hour extension!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

New Leaf posted:

As much as I love Krillin as a character, they're both outclassed by other TEQ Z Fighters. I'd keep the Police one just because Patrol is a fun link with Saiyaman and Jaco, but realistically, you'll probably never use any of them.

That said, one ends up with an Awakened cost higher than the other.. That's the better one. But not by much. They did the same thing with AGL Yamcha.

I'm going to disagree. I think the cheaper one (Martial Stability) is better, just by merit of a less lovely passive. I will say Fruits of Labor has way cooler art and they're otherwise really similar.

They both have insane 12 ki multipliers, though. Martial Stability has 150% and Fruits of Labor has 155%.

As for Yamcha? The AGL ones both suck. The STR one's the good one. Needs a lot of ki, but can really shine on a STR Kamehameha team.

The new Baba Shop stuff in Japan has new SSRs for Krillin, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu. Krillin looks really solid, the othera look merely okay. All have Golden Z-Fighters and what look like Extreme supers, so that could be fun. The other two cards are a pretty impressive looking SSR INT SSJ2 Gohan and (finally) an SR Ginyu Goku.

Edit: And another 2 hour extension! :toot:

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 24, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sweet, I need more Golden Z Fighters links in my life.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
We should all get a free multi pull imo

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ross Angeles posted:

We should all get a free multi pull imo

I would prefer one free unit of our choosing.
I'm looking at you, SSJ3 Goku :colbert:

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Now it says 10:30... How many stones do you think we'll get?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I'm at least glad characters like Krillin are getting SSR units, instead of more versions of Super Saiyan characters.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

bobjr posted:

I'm at least glad characters like Krillin are getting SSR units, instead of more versions of Super Saiyan characters.

Amen to that.

Also, I really hope after maintenance we get that new summon. Going to use these "we're sorry for sucking" stones SO loving HARD.

This was a terrible day for this to happen. Work is so slow today because we busted our asses all week up until now. I'm just cruising along to the weekend.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Three stones here we come!

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So I'm going to be burning all my stones in hopes of SSGSS TEQ Goku. I predict weeping and gnashing of teeth before the day is out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
+2 more hours!