Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Opopanax posted:

Alberta's as close to the deep south as Canada gets.

I dunno, some of the little mining towns in northern Manitoba and Ontario have a lot in common with rural Kentucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

redbackground posted:

Since when is Wolverine from the deep south?

How are you getting "Deep South" from that? I'm hearing it in northern Minnesota accent, which I imagine is close to the Canadian they're aiming for. (I've had more exposure to Minnesotans than I have Canadians).

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

How are you getting "Deep South" from that? I'm hearing it in northern Minnesota accent, which I imagine is close to the Canadian they're aiming for. (I've had more exposure to Minnesotans than I have Canadians).

Between all the yers, aints, yas and everything normally ending with a -g ending with an -n, he sounds exactly like my hillbilly good ole boy plumber, down here in Appalachia.

I certainly cede that that kind of speakin' ain't soley confined to our fair lands :)

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
This whole line of discussion is silly, everyone knows what Wolverine's true accent is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykK4sAHkvzw&t=396s

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Naw, he sounds more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8avt6iqAsLc

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

You're both clearly wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMggJ633JBQ&t=30s

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

flosofl posted:

Gettin' hit by the Hulk hurts, dontcha know?

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

redbackground posted:

Between all the yers, aints, yas and everything normally ending with a -g ending with an -n, he sounds exactly like my hillbilly good ole boy plumber, down here in Appalachia.

I certainly cede that that kind of speakin' ain't soley confined to our fair lands :)

I've got friends down in Appalachia (Martin County, to be precise). The main thing I've learned from them is that rural is rural, no matter how far North or South you are.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Toadstrieb posted:

I feel like any of the above would have been much cooler than the denuded, explained, trivialized Wolverine we kind of have now (imo). It's a weird line between comics as total fantasy and the inclusion of real world perspectives, to say the least, but if the whole Achilles myth, for example, had tried to keep one foot in myth or story and another with some explanation that his genetics somehow :words: with the development of a :words: due to :words:, it would have sucked. I feel like all superheros are just MMA fighters in dumb costumes once the mystery is gone.

The problem with Wolverine was always gonna be that nothing they could come up with would ever be as cool as the mystery.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Did they ever have any moments where the weight difference when he had the adamantium removed was addressed? Like suddenly be like a shorter spider-man, strength and speedwise now that he wasn't lugging 100lbs around with him?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Choco1980 posted:

Did they ever have any moments where the weight difference when he had the adamantium removed was addressed? Like suddenly be like a shorter spider-man, strength and speedwise now that he wasn't lugging 100lbs around with him?

I believe that was part of his generic power-up after he got it removed. He became faster and healed quicker but was weaker and actually could be broken.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

CzarChasm posted:

We've secretly replaced Captain America with Batman. Let's tune in and see if anyone notices.

If that had been Batman more innocent people would have died and Batman would have let the bad guys get away. And people would spend two pages praising the Bat for superior planning. :v:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

ImpAtom posted:

I believe that was part of his generic power-up after he got it removed. He became faster and healed quicker but was weaker and actually could be broken.

Also lost his nose

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Also lost his nose

He didn't lose his nose until Apocalypse tried to put the adamantium back IN him. He ran around for a while as normal Wolverine with bone claws.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Travis343 posted:

He didn't lose his nose until Apocalypse tried to put the adamantium back IN him. He ran around for a while as normal Wolverine with bone claws.

That was Genesis, Cable's loopy adopted son.
Wolverine looked like Captain Caveman for a while. It wasn't pretty.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

That was Genesis, Cable's loopy adopted son.
Wolverine looked like Captain Caveman for a while. It wasn't pretty.

he went feral for a while after losing his adamantium didnt he?

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

No, after he lost his adamantium to magneto he was still normal but with bone claws. Like Say Nothing said he went kinda feral after Genesis tried to put adamantium back in him and a little while after that apocalypse returned him to the status quo when he succesfully bonded adamantium to Wolverine's skeleton.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SonicRulez posted:

The problem with Wolverine was always gonna be that nothing they could come up with would ever be as cool as the mystery.

The forward in the TPB for the Origin mini states why they ended up doing it. Basically they wanted to get ahead of the movies doing their own origin because they knew people would start to think of that as the official one.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ah yes I got the failed attempt confused with the successful attempt.

No nose caveman Wolverine was probably the worst time to be reading the character literally ever. Killing him completely was way kinder.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

team overhead smash posted:

No, after he lost his adamantium to magneto he was still normal but with bone claws. Like Say Nothing said he went kinda feral after Genesis tried to put adamantium back in him and a little while after that apocalypse returned him to the status quo when he succesfully bonded adamantium to Wolverine's skeleton.

In, out, in, out, shake it all about.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

At this point I'm considering a Marvel Unlimited sub just to go reread that hilarious, wonderful dreck.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Head Lopper

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Those actions are poorly conveyed

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Didn't no-nose Wolverine eat a baby at one point?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

SynthOrange posted:

Head Lopper

Those poor dogs.

Travis343 posted:

Ah yes I got the failed attempt confused with the successful attempt.

No nose caveman Wolverine was probably the worst time to be reading the character literally ever. Killing him completely was way kinder.

It was a time when Wolverine turned into every single terrible 90s copy of Wolverine.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Choco1980 posted:

Didn't no-nose Wolverine eat a baby at one point?

That was from a (really bad) What If where he was possessed by demons.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
All those badass Spider-Man panels remind me that they chumped Spider-Man in "Deadpool kills the Marvel U". Taken out just by a regular pistol? With an actual beat built in? Bull.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

SynthOrange posted:

Head Lopper

Is it intended that his hair makes it look like he's going `^´ all the time, because if so that's great

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

SynthOrange posted:

Head Lopper

When did "character slides along the ground in a way that no human ever has, will, or could do" become a prerequisite for action scenes? It's the cyan and orange of action scenes in movies and games now, swear to god.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Toadstrieb posted:

When did "character slides along the ground in a way that no human ever has, will, or could do" become a prerequisite for action scenes? It's the cyan and orange of action scenes in movies and games now, swear to god.

Baseball players do it all the time?

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Toadstrieb posted:

He's stationary, the wolf is moving. Going to check out this Head Lopper based on this post and the funny panels one.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Head Lopper

Only one of those three heads gets lopped, this is bullshit.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Crowetron posted:

Only one of those three heads gets lopped, this is bullshit.

It's Head Lopper not Heads Lopper

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Toadstrieb posted:

Mega Man 3

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Mega Man is not a human though, it says human right in that post

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

The dialogue is backwards :mad:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Those actions are poorly conveyed

I will cut you

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Holy moly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Guy used his head, also lost his head, also gave head to a wolf, I couldn't decide which joke to make, i m a mess