Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Has anyone managed to find Loretta in the undead settlement? That mocking knight with the huge hammer makes it sound like I've found some woman around there, but I have no idea where/when/who he's talking about. Also, does the third boss evil tree aka treevil actually unlock anything when you beat it?
To find Loretta, go into the upper floor of the house right behind where the congregation of enemies are gathered in the Undead Settlement, the place with a fat woman enemy and a pile of burning bodies/gallows. At the top of a house is a hanging NPC with an item on it, slice it, then go down and pick the item it dropped.
The knight is talking about another lady in a cell you probably haven't seen yet, you can reach her but I can't quite recall the details.
Third boss is not plot necessary, but it drops an item you can give to Ludleth which gives him the ability to sell you Boss Soul weapons and equipment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RabidWeasel posted:

P sure this is the new Drake Sword, I saw so many stubborn streamers using it unupgraded at a point where they had titanite shards coming out of their asses and I'm fairly confident that a +3 anything would be a better choice.

Yeah, I'm starting to feel that way. I went up against a boss with it earlier and did a pitiful amount of damage. Which is a shame too because I'm a sucker for particle effects!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Goddamn these Lothric Knight fuckers are aggressive, huh? At least I took out the one in the blue cape, that motherfucker and got some of their swanky armor, and even their sword which is Balder Side Sword 2.0, by the looks of it.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

How in tarnation do I give this scroll I found to the blind priest la- oh it has to be a braille scroll doesn't it.

Well I have no idea what to do with this then.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to play this yesterday, but I did get up to Firelink at least. Anyone else have a bit of trouble with Gundyr? I need to justify my difficulty with him.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Genocyber posted:

I didn't get as much time as I would have liked to play this yesterday, but I did get up to Firelink at least. Anyone else have a bit of trouble with Gundyr? I need to justify my difficulty with him.

I killed him before I even realized what was going on, with reversed X/O buttons too :kiddo:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Up again. Late PvP covenant talk that's maybe area 5: Rosaria of The Deep. Is she in area 5, the Cathedral of The Deep? I quickly googled up that they get a load of 3vsThem painful invasions rather than 1v1 bah

nifty1 posted:

Loincloth is past the locked door in the sewer in Undead settlement area. You can buy the key from the shopkeeper at the Firelink shrine after you give her some ash

Thank you!

Genocyber posted:

Iudex Gundyr nearly pushed my poo poo in on the main character as well as both pvp-alts, but I figured out the key for all these separate classes in defeating it, the way that boss was designed and what it's mean to do: Gotta do what the system message scratches told you, suse the L2 specials and charged R2 attacks. Ignoring those it gets difficult. I like it but I'm not going to no-heal defeat that sucker unless I go Knight I think.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 24, 2016

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Question. If I buy the dark souls 3 digital code from Japan to do the xbone English unlock trick is there a chance they could revoke it if I sit on it too long before they fix that loophole?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So uh.... Rings of Life/Soul Protection are destroyed permanently and removed from your inventory when that happens.
Oops.

I don't think a 20K repair fee would be too crazy.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

HGH posted:

So uh.... Rings of Life/Soul Protection are destroyed permanently and removed from your inventory when that happens.
Oops.

They're the Rings of Sacrifice from DS1. They're best used as a one-time safety net for retrieving your bloodstain, because it won't disappear if you die with the ring on.

Meatsicle
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

HGH posted:

Oops.

Good. I hated hearing those bullshit rings break whenever I killed someone in DkS2.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Those of you who have gone hollow and have reached to the sixth zone Does the lady in white like you and give you a motion, offer her help? She does to me and I didn't use Yeols offerings. She apprered when I entered the Swamp I think but was kinda cold, after defeating Abyss Watchers she said I had a kind heart and opened up. I've got no NPC kills, no hollowing, nothing bad.

Interesting-rear end poo poo.

e: Tons of fine ol' caster poo poo area5 after you snuff all the towers out, get to the door that opens and turn around to look at the nearest bonfire. Stick to the right, kill crab for caster-ring, then get the poo poo around the tree. Yaaaaay

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Mar 24, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Sunbroing is as fun as ever. Doing it at Abyss Watcher Invasions are INSANE fun too with the numbers being a little more favorable. I never was huge on PVP but I can see myself doing this a lot.

My kid had daycare issues, never been so happy about this. Gonna sunbro the gently caress outta today

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

If you want to go Hollow or get a certain unique merchant important for PvP, important note: Get those five free levels from Yeol before treading past the first bonfire in the Cathedral zone. That seems to be the point where Yeol curls up and dies naturally. I have set foot in the Tomb but no bonfire, I have killed Abyss watchers, that's it.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Hooray, the Japanese version trick worked for me! Here are some detailed instructions as for what worked for me since the ones floating around online are a bit vague and sort of assume you are familiar with swapping regions. I had no clue what I was doing and as such it took me awhile but I finally succeeded. Sorry if these have been posted elsewhere but here is how I did it.

:siren: :siren: :siren:

1- Assuming you don't speak Japanese, download something like Google Translate to your smart phone. This lets you take a picture of the screen and translate Japanese---->English. You'll need this to see what you are doing.

2 - Go into your Xbox One Settings and change the language to Japanese. Restart the system and voila, it's now set to Japan.

3 - Head to a PC as you need to login to your xbox live acccount/MS Store there. I had to change my PC's home region to Japan before I could get the website to change my region to Japan. In windows 10 I just had to put "Region" into the search bar and that brought up the controls.

4 - Everything should now be in Japanese. In the storefront you'll need Yen giftcards. I searched "5,000" and "3,000" to get the necessary 7,400 (or whatever) yen for DS3. I made the purchase with my paypal account, and when asked for address I used the American embassy in Tokyo.

5 - Get the download codes that should now be in your email inbox. You'll need to redeem these cards in your Xbox One store. You do this in the games section of it.

6 - Once my codes were redeemed and I had yen in the account I purchased Dark Souls 3. I cancelled the download when it autostarted.

7 - Change the region in your Xbone back to USA (or wherever). Restart system.

8 - Go into your library of the games available to install or download and you should see Dark Souls 3.

9 - Download and install.

10 - Enjoy your new copy. If you did it correctly it should be in full English.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Really frustrating that no one is adding item translations yet :(

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

If you want to go Hollow or get a certain unique merchant important for PvP, important note: Get those five free levels from Yeol before treading past the first bonfire in the Cathedral zone. That seems to be the point where Yeol curls up and dies naturally. I have set foot in the Tomb but no bonfire, I have killed Abyss watchers, that's it.

About the NPC: What's the trigger for getting Yeol's free levels? Sometimes he has them, sometimes he doesn't.

Speaking of another semi-early NPC: I have no idea what to think of Siegward. Is the joke that everyone from Catarina acts like this?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Alabaster White posted:

About the NPC: What's the trigger for getting Yeol's free levels? Sometimes he has them, sometimes he doesn't.

I "farmed" on my first pvp alt by running out and dying after getting a freebie, sometimes I needed to do it in an actual zone. Worth doing on invaders for sure.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Holy cats, this game is gud. As someone who got into Souls games because of Bloodborne, I was really hoping DS3 would be enough like Bloodborne to satisfy my aggressive tendencies. Happy to say, it very much is. I've been keeping to the fast roll, picked up my favorite weapon from DS1 (halberd lol), and just been having a great time. I took a break after beating Vordt and now I've got the blue covenant.

Like every souls game, I have no idea wth I'm doing with regard to builds or anything, but I figure the first playthrough is just for general exploration shenanigans, anyway. I can do dedicated weapon builds and whatnot the other bazillion times I'll play through this.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Alabaster White posted:

dying a lot, seems like.

anyone know if i need to do anything special to invade as part of the swamp covenant? red eye orb doesnt seem to do it but i'm not getting any like random pulls either

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Mar 24, 2016

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

NPC drama area 5: the white knight lady gets cranky if you join the fingers of Rosaria and dumps you
Awesome gear area 5: kill Kirk, his gear will be up at the Rosaria bonfire
This game :haw:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

btw you can't keep calling it area 5, the game branches at the road of sacrifices

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Bleeding is srs bsns :eyepop:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

lets hang out posted:

btw you can't keep calling it area 5, the game branches at the road of sacrifices

Areas inser themselves in this order and I feel that's as good as it gets for trying to get sense outta it.

My fire uchigatana is still keeping up incredibly well and many times I make the nerumi23 streamer who stacked HP and STR look weak, I always make that streamer clearly look gimped for having such a heavy slow weapon though.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Question about a hub NPC (the one that gives you free levels). I took a level from him, went out and did stuff, came back, used some souls to pay the firekeeper to get rid of whatever status effect he put on me. Next time I came back to Firelink, Yoel was dead. Yuria hasn't appeared. WTF? I'm pretty far in (through the Skeletal areas)...

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

NattyBo posted:

Question about a hub NPC (the one that gives you free levels). I took a level from him, went out and did stuff, came back, used some souls to pay the firekeeper to get rid of whatever status effect he put on me. Next time I came back to Firelink, Yoel was dead. Yuria hasn't appeared. WTF? I'm pretty far in (through the Skeletal areas)...

Confirming he's got a best-by date, use-by date. I'll have to get his freebies and Yurias stuff in NG+1 depending on peoples findings, caught one NPC that might be near allergic to hollows and want you to be a goody two-shoes to eventually get her rewards. Game is delightfully jam-packed with awesome!

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Okay, I gave into the temptation and am trying to get this game for the Xbox One. Muddled my way through Microsoft's Japan site well enough to get 8,000 yen in cards with codes sent to my e-mail. So far so good. Switched the Xbone to Japan- type in the codes which are regognized as 5,000 and 3,000 yen ticket and... error message. Tried it from the console- error message. From PC? Same error message. Seems to be some kind of region error? I don't know what the hell. What now?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I assume that the woman who shows up in Firelink in the White armor is the Darkmoon covenant rep. She appears seemingly after Horace gives you Blue Sentinels and acts like you're not up to her standards, which strikes me as similar to the Blue Sentinels guy in 2 who wouldn't talk to you until you defended someone. I suspect if you do enough protecting or find the item that drops from that, she may invite you into the Darkmoon to punish those who preyed on people the Blue Sentinels failed to save.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Kinda stumped where to go next. I have killed several bosses, most recently a giant skeleton and am in an area with snow and a large cathedral looking thing, but there is a barrier preventing me from getting into the area proper.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

NattyBo posted:

Kinda stumped where to go next. I have killed several bosses, most recently a giant skeleton and am in an area with snow and a large cathedral looking thing, but there is a barrier preventing me from getting into the area proper.

Immediately after that very first bridge? Saw a streamer just walk on in there, had the ring from the dog equipped

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nakar posted:

I assume that the woman who shows up in Firelink in the White armor is the Darkmoon covenant rep. She appears seemingly after Horace gives you Blue Sentinels and acts like you're not up to her standards, which strikes me as similar to the Blue Sentinels guy in 2 who wouldn't talk to you until you defended someone. I suspect if you do enough protecting or find the item that drops from that, she may invite you into the Darkmoon to punish those who preyed on people the Blue Sentinels failed to save.

she eventually showed up again for me and offered to be a coop summon but i have no idea where to even begin looking

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

MrLonghair posted:

Immediately after that very first bridge? Saw a streamer just walk on in there, had the ring from the dog equipped

Ya I equipped the ring and nothing, I'll try again after lunch I guess

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Holy poo poo kinda later-game but you go back to Anor Londo and there's a boss fight in the O&S room

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

My humblest apologies to glorious nippon if I am posting this in the wrong thread, but for anyone who unlocked and is playing this on their xboner, are you able to play online?

DkS3 keeps starting in offline mode, and I see no option to go online :(

Also, I heard someone mention a 1.01 day-1 patch, but my version says 1.00?

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Where do I use the key that you get from the guy that gives you crack red eye orbs?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

This boss design. While dingleberry has issues with the grab hitbox it is fantastic and fair and interesting, challenging in the right ways. Fantastic game. Dark Souls 1 doesn't feel that hot any longer.

The Bunny posted:

Where do I use the key that you get from the guy that gives you crack red eye orbs?

Second bonfire in Highwall, the one under clear sky on a tower, climb down and look for a door.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

NattyBo posted:

Ya I equipped the ring and nothing, I'll try again after lunch I guess

You need to kill the boss of Cathedral of the Deep to advance

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
After the tree boss there's an alter for you to sacrifice something. What is it for?

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no

Alan Smithee posted:

Question. If I buy the dark souls 3 digital code from Japan to do the xbone English unlock trick is there a chance they could revoke it if I sit on it too long before they fix that loophole?

It's not a loophole, Microsoft has a FAQ where they describe that you can log into different regions to buy games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
What's your stream thing?

• Locked thread