Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
as a FC St. Pauli supporter I am offended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

italians have very good dope and excellent referee contacts, but pep has been the expert at all this ever since his playing career and he came out ahead

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
good to see my spirit success team have progressed. imagine i did some memes here

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Iwobi just showed up the Emirates thinking it was the 1st leg

loving lol

:newlol:

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Bea Nanner posted:

suqit supports barcelona

Wow

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Weaponized Cum posted:

as a FC St. Pauli supporter I am offended

proudly wearing your Che shirt right?

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

Mean Bean Machine posted:

if youre a German youre a nazi, same for German clubs. sorry if this blows your mind, but thats the way the world works

Never read a truer post on TRP.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

gas thread, ban all germans and allegris

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Bayern - Benfica
Madrid - Wolfsburg
City - Psg
Barca - Atletico

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bayern - PSG and Real - Barca would be fairly tasty semis but I can't decide if Real - Barca would be tastier in the finals?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I don't care as long as Barcelona doesn't win.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's a given. You'd have to be some kind of sick pervert to want Barca to win.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Bayern - Benfica
Madrid - Wolfsburg
City - Psg
Barca - Atletico (?????????????????????)

I think Atletico are the only team who could put Barca out. They've done it before...

I'd love Benfica or Wolfsburg to pull off an upset but it seems highly unlikely.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I am okay with this draw

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Chas McGill posted:

City - Psg
Barca - Atletico (?????????????????????)

I think Atletico are the only team who could put Barca out. They've done it before...

Nah, I really don't see a repeat of 2013/2014 here, Atletico isn't anywhere near as good as they were then, and Enrique's Barcelona is much, much stronger than Martino's was. I'd say that City-PSG is the least predictable match here, I'm still not convinced that Paris team is actually any good (I mean, they lost to loving Real in the group stage).

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Bayern - Benfica
Madrid - Wolfsburg
City - Psg
Barca - Atletico

Fix

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
city are going all the way

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

annoying the big 2 spanish clubs have to play each other this early but i guess it was eventually going to happen.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
City are doing it, gently caress you Zlatan, gonna be in Mangala's pocket, Dobby is permanently terrified of mean Mancunian burglars and is going to bottle it due to PTSD, it's happening.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
is there any way all 8 teams can lose?

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
first chelsea - psg and now city - psg... stop this, i dont want to root for psg

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Simeone will beat the globetrotters. 0-0 aggregate, Messi misses the decisive penalty. After that Keylor will go on to win the CL with 0 goals against.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
stop pretending barca are not winning the whole thing, they are miles ahead of everyone else

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I'm now a Bayern and Pep fan until they beat Benfica. Let's go Fußball-Club Bayern München e.V or as you might know them as Der FCB (The FCB) Die Bayern (The Bavarians) Stern des Südens (Star of the South) Die Roten (The Reds) FC Hollywood[1]!!!

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Floren paid generously I see

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
From now on anyone who wants to call Pep a Bald head bitch or a Dirty little fag or joke about his past of doping abuse or his supposed homosexual relationship with numerous Barca players will have to go through me first

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
What about his hatred of Africans

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
I know a certain player who loves Africans and that's why he goes to Marrakech every week.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

From now on anyone who wants to call Pep a Bald head bitch or a Dirty little fag or joke about his past of doping abuse or his supposed homosexual relationship with numerous Barca players will have to go through me first

I hear Pep believes Catalonia is not Spain.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

I'm now a Bayern and Pep fan until they beat Benfica. Let's go Fußball-Club Bayern München e.V or as you might know them as Der FCB (The FCB) Die Bayern (The Bavarians) Stern des Südens (Star of the South) Die Roten (The Reds) FC Hollywood[1]!!!

I've always known them as "der Judenclub" (Jewish Club).

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I know you miss fluo, MBM, but that gimmick is pretty tired.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

oliwan posted:

stop pretending barca are not winning the whole thing, they are miles ahead of everyone else
well if barca are such a sure thing then why are all these continental americans so surprised when they stomp opponents and say things like "wow neymar makes it 7-0!" etc??

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

If they're so good then why are their fans always crying about other teams "buying the draw"? Shouldn't matter to them.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Can't wait until Jerome Champagne is handing the CL trophy to the big Barca boys in Milano

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Welcome, friend

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Lol Wolfsburg are in 8th place in the Bundesliga

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Uefa is considering a major revamp of the Champions League format

quote:

Uefa is considering a major revamp of the Champions League, with the group stage potentially cut to 16 teams. The move is being driven by continental clubs’ concern that they are being left behind by huge revenues generated by the Premier League and the revised format may mean so-called lesser teams having a reduced presence in the group phase.

Changing the group stage into what would effectively be two mini super-leagues is being considered by European football’s governing body, according to sources at a major Premier League club. Uefa is expected to announce any changes to their flagship competition next season, before the sale of the next cycle of commercial deals. As the Champions League is in the first term of a three-year rights contract it would be difficult for any change until after the 2017-18 edition.

A Uefa spokesperson told the Guardian: “Uefa is in constant contact with all stakeholders, including the clubs, on all football matters. Therefore, any plans to evolve the format of our club competitions would be coordinated and negotiated together with them. There are currently no concrete proposals on the table since we are at the beginning of a new cycle (2015-18) of our club competitions.”

The transformation of Europe’s blue riband club tournament might also include more knockout rounds before the revamped group phase. If there was one extra round the top-seeded 16 clubs might enter the competition at this point and would not be able to draw each other. The established continental clubs believe this would allow them a better chance of avoiding lesser teams at the group stage, which in an eight-team format would mean 14 matches, played home and away.

An example cited during discussions with Uefa came in 2008-09 when Real Madrid were drawn in a group that included Bate Borisov. The ties between the two sides attracted low viewing figures and there is a firm desire to avoid repeats in the future by having more high-profile games, generating a bigger income.

Currently it takes the Champions League 125 games to go from 32 teams to 1, this new system would take 144 to get from 32 to presumably 8, and then a further 13 to finish it off. So much for fixture congestion. The pre-group stage knockout round could be dangerous so I imagine they'll neuter that somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Blue Star Error posted:

The pre-group stage knockout round could be dangerous so I imagine they'll neuter that somehow.

Theyll seed the top 16

• Locked thread