Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Rarity posted:

Girls only say "you're looking super good" to a close friend, a work colleague, a pet or a crush. Kash doesn't fit into any of the first three categories here, she's totes DTB :colbert:

Um my optometrist also says this to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

good thing they're an optometrist because their grammar is terrible!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Khris Kruel posted:

so me and the financial aid department exchanged about 10 emails, talking about my emergency contacts and super friendly and spologetic. So I asked them out to coffee. I'm excited

Did they tell you your bank balance was looking seriously wicked good first?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

CCKeane posted:

Your optometrist is DTB

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Rarity posted:

Your optometrist is DTB

Yeah, if you can't see that, you need a better optometrist :downsrim:

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Rarity posted:

Did they tell you your bank balance was looking seriously wicked good first?

let's just say money makes you look alot sexier

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

so just read about Tay, the teen girl artificial intelligence becoming a hitler loving racist sex robot in less than 24 hours from learning through talking to Twitter.

Before they took her down, she was scarily very close to a lot of what humans actually believe and say.

I think the Turing test will be broken within the year honestly

link for anyone that cares:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2016/03/24/microsofts-teen-girl-ai-turns-into-a-hitler-loving-sex-robot-wit/

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

All you need to pass a Turing test is to have the AI sag ,"beep boop I am a robot beep boop". The person asking questions will assume it is a person messing with them.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lol if you think a twitter bot typing like a person is anywhere close to a machine that could pass a turing test

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

2016 is a weird loving year

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Kashuno posted:

lol if you think a twitter bot typing like a person is anywhere close to a machine that could pass a turing test

yeah I'm pretty sure you'd be fooled

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i was immediately confused upon seeing this without knowing the context because the conversation doesnt make sense so no

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Beep boop I am a robot.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
japan actually has a robot in the staring role of a movie
like a real robot that they made

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

japan actually has a robot in the staring role of a movie
like a real robot that they made

Robots are pretty good at staring.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

don't just refer to them as japan. give gackt's plastic surgery team the credit they deserve

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i saw hollywood invented a robot baby so they won't have to use 3 month old babies as newborns for scenes where someone gives birth to a 15pound monster baby with a full afro

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Mafia related though, is this community dead now or something? I can see 1 active game, meanwhile me and asiina can't seem to get enough people to start our games. What gives? RIP?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i would join but i have a very important exam in 2 weeks

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

JakeP posted:

Mafia related though, is this community dead now or something? I can see 1 active game, meanwhile me and asiina can't seem to get enough people to start our games. What gives? RIP?

combine your games, give people signed up for both two roles

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

its me, I'm the death of mafia. I've come back from the grave to end what I started

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I now have a busy job and a hectic social life so I can only really commit to one game at a time these days :(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

Think a lot of us just got busy at this time of year and we don't have a lot of new folks coming in so it is in a little rut. I definitely would like to participate in all the games recruiting right now but, I mean, you saw how timing worked out in XCOM for me. Between refereeing 3-5 nights a week (I would get so many dang boons in YLLS from all that running), doing Scouts on another, and getting ready for a new job, I would be lurky. Happy to sign up if mods are okay with that but I would not want to be the player in the game the mod wishes didn't sign up. I'll definitely be back to playing more games in a few weeks when there aren't as many soccer games left and once I get settled in at the new place which is a telecommute job so I don't have to worry about folks seeing my screen :toot:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I have no idea honestly. When I first threw my game up, there were around 6 games running simultaneously, and then they all ended and that was just it. Nothing else filled up and people weren't around anymore.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
time for an fyad game

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I blame Kashuno.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I want a kashuno fanclub so my avatar text can be "cut class 'cause it wasn't 'bout Kash". If someone does that I'll play a game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm pretty much at the one game at a time level of busy. I'll make exceptions here and there for something super appealing, but otherwise nope.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lucky for me corporate IT is usually pretty slow so I can play in all the games

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kashuno posted:

Lucky for me corporate IT is usually pretty slow so I can play in all the games

There should be a game where it's just Kashuno playing himself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I will probably run a few 5 man mafia games with 1 scum in the near future because Jimson ran one of those and I really liked it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

League of Legends

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Is that his webcam?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I will probably run a few 5 man mafia games with 1 scum in the near future because Jimson ran one of those and I really liked it

techinically they are mafia-like at most

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I wonder if some of those role madness games that all ended . . . Poorly had much to do with it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
When I first started I really enjoyed role madness games, but now I prefer them pretty vanilla

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Max posted:

I wonder if some of those role madness games that all ended . . . Poorly had much to do with it.

I wasn't in any of them :shrug:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
anyone see the guy who got arrested the other day over the classic Tom Green film Freddy got Fingered?

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/man-arrested-for-not-returning-freddy-got-fingered-vhs-from-2002/177186020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
or actually I prefer games with a cool setup gimmick but relatively normal roles