Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I don't know if anyone else will ever see this match but I just gotta plug the Finnish wrestling scene a bit here

HM: King Kong Karhula vs Valentine (c) for the FCF Finnish Championship at Talvisota X, March 19

I've kind of been blown away by the quality of the events FCF puts on here, and this was by far the best match I've seen thus far. Just an all around fantastic, classic kind of singles bout between two great characters and with a real big match feel, and the crowd of just under 500 people went nuts for it. Wouldn't have been out of place in much bigger leagues.

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MOTYC

Jimmy Susumu vs. Shingo Takagi - Dragon Gate :Champion Gate in Osaka 3/6/16

Only match from the show I was able to catch but it was great! Definitely a must see when RealHero gets around to uploading it which should be very soon

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Thauros posted:

from Dramatic DDT:

5. DDT Extreme Title – Ultimate Royal Barbed Wire PowerPoint No Power Blast PWF Rules: Kendo Kashin (c) Vs Super Sasadango Machine

And now we go to whatever the hell this is. Kendo Kashin’s DDT Extreme Title run has been complicated in ways that should not be so. He created rulesets for his title defences that turn out to be exactly like normal match stipulations. Instead of a normal match it is an Amateur rules bout with 3 count pins, submissions allowed and 20 count ring outs. Instead of a tag team match it is a single match but both wrestlers have partners they can swap places with. Instead of a Triple Threat it is a singles match but with three wrestlers involved. And so on and so forth. Add in Super Sasadango Machine who is a master of bizarre match stipulations and you have a recipe for a beautiful disaster.

So what exactly is an Ultimate Royal Barbed Wire PowerPoint No Power Blast PWF Rules match? Does it have anything to do with that stupid 4 Way MMA Gauntlet match New Japan did for its 2005 Tokyo Dome show? Actually yes it does but there’s only two wrestlers involved this time. Also Kashin has never seen the match so he’s not entirely sure what the rules for that are. Does it have anything to do with the Barbed Wire Explosion matches FMW was famous for? Again yes it does but explosions of that size are banned in Sumo Hall so they won’t be included. Instead barbed wire will be wrapped around the laptop Sasadango uses for his PowerPoint presentations and it will be rigged to explode after 5 minutes.

Just watched this match and I'm not sure WTF I just watched but I vaguely enjoyed it. Can you explain what the card was that Super Sasadango Machine used to summon guys to beat the poo poo out of Kashin?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SalTheBard posted:

Just watched this match and I'm not sure WTF I just watched but I vaguely enjoyed it. Can you explain what the card was that Super Sasadango Machine used to summon guys to beat the poo poo out of Kashin?

Dramatic DDT can do a lot better than I could:

The Ultimate Royal Barbed Wire PowerPoint No Power Blast PWF Rules match began with Super Sasadango Machine doing a PowerPoint presentation on a laptop that was surrounded in barbed wire and rigged to explode in 5 minutes. Thankfully there was no explosion because Sasadango got to explain the rules of the match within the time limit. He was joined by four men wearing Machine masks and he called them the Sasadango Machine Army. During the match a wrestler can pull out one of three Ultimate Royal cards. Doing so would activate Ultimate Royale Mode and the Machine Army will attack their opponent to the music of Chocoball Mukai’s entrance theme. Oh and the cards have a drawing of The Ultimate Warrior on them. Sasadango pulled out a card while Kendo Kashin had him in an Indian Deathlock. Kashin stole the second card and used it to turn the Army against Sasadango. This time they and also Yukinori Matsui wore Kashin masks. Kashin tried to lock in the Cross Armbreaker when Sasadango pulled out the final card. Matsui switched the Kashin mask with a Machine mask and fast counted the pin to make Sasadango the new DDT Extreme Champion!

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Hm Aztec Warfare 2 got super complex and they squashed a ton of guys but the spots were great and this is how you build a monster heel

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

LionYeti posted:

Hm Aztec Warfare 2 got super complex and they squashed a ton of guys but the spots were great and this is how you build a monster heel

Agreed!

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MOTYC

Aztec Warfare -Lucha Underground 3/23

Succeeded at being better than the Rumble for a second consecutive year, and I wasn't even much of a fan of this season until last week.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
MOTYC for Aztec Warfare as well. It was great and no-one came out of it looking bad at all.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'll nth (3rd?) the HM for Aztec Warfare. Didn't quite hit awesome levels as much as last year and the latter third was an extended squash, albeit a really fun squash.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Succeeded at being better than the Rumble for a second consecutive year, and I wasn't even much of a fan of this season until last week.

Gonna go with this over HM too because the spectacle of it was enough to eke it over the edge for me. This is the kind of over-the-top nonsense I love from wrestling, but it also managed to further multiple storylines and set up multiple feuds going forward. It was a pretty drat excellent example of booking.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Yeah, as crazy as these get (there's like a solid five minutes of Jack Evans just bumping like a madman all over the outside of the ring every time they cut to him, and at one point they're focusing on two other guys in the ring while he just casually tumbles down the stairs in the background), Aztec Warfare is as much a booking team showcase as it is for the roster.

Thirded, or whatever. All hail My Brother The Monster Matanza Cueto

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Going with MOTYC for Aztec Warfare II. They did a brilliant job paying off old feuds, building up new ones and setting the stage for the back-half of Season 2, with a new Final Boss to overcome.

Beautiful booking, and the wrestling was outstanding from beginning to end.

Benne fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Mar 24, 2016

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Benne posted:

Going with MOTYC for Aztec Warfare II. They did a brilliant job paying off old feuds, building up new ones and setting the stage for the back-half of Season 2, with a new Final Boss to overcome.

Beautiful booking, and the wrestling was outstanding from beginning to end.

yeah

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Yep. NTH this. Match kicked rear end.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Nth. Awesome match

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Was a bit on the fence between HM and MOTYC due to the extended squash by Matanzas, which, as impressive as it was, felt a bit slow especially compared to all the previous high-flying stuff, but overall, I'll nth the MOTYC because all the high-flying stuff and crazy stuff while still focusing on furthering storylines was just that drat awesome.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

I'm gonna put this in because somehow nobody else did:

HM: AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens, RAW 3/21

Dumb finish but one of the best matches WWE has put on this year

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

Dr. rear end posted:

yeah this owned

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Dr. rear end posted:

Yeah I'll second that, I really enjoyed it. Plus it had Owens in a loving torture rack.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Another MOTYC for Aztec Warfare. Goddamn that was excellent and fun. Even Striker quoting the Simpsons couldn't ruin it!

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

yes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Gonna nth the MOTYC for Aztec Warfare. That match was amazing.

Also nthing the HM for Styles/Owens, which is probably the second best match this year in WWE behind Ambrose/Trips

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
HM: Yosuke♥Santa Maria vs Kotoka - Dragon Gate: Champion Gate in Osaka 3/5/16

Feel good moment of the year, and sold Yosuke as a legit wrestler rather than the usual comedy.

Thauros posted:

MOTYC Jimmy Susumu vs. Shingo Takagi - Dragon Gate :Champion Gate in Osaka 3/6/16

Nth. Better than their first.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

I'll nth this as well. I would give it at least an HM on pure in-ring work alone, but the match managed to accomplish so much and do it so well. Debuts, storyline advancement, star-making performances. A combination of great wrestling and great booking.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
WMOTYC: Womens trios match from CMLL 3/25

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/713566600645873664

I'll see if I can find a gif of someone bitching walking.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

HM: Yosuke♥Santa Maria vs Kotoka - Dragon Gate: Champion Gate in Osaka 3/5/16

Feel good moment of the year, and sold Yosuke as a legit wrestler rather than the usual comedy.

2nd. In terms of ring work I wouldn't put it up there but storytelling and emotion put it over the edge for me. Long may Maria-chan's reign.

Thauros posted:

MOTYC

Jimmy Susumu vs. Shingo Takagi - Dragon Gate :Champion Gate in Osaka 3/6/16

Only match from the show I was able to catch but it was great! Definitely a must see when RealHero gets around to uploading it which should be very soon

3rd.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

2nd. In terms of ring work I wouldn't put it up there but storytelling and emotion put it over the edge for me. Long may Maria-chan's reign.

3rd.

Nth both of these

Brokenogre
May 22, 2013

Lacey is really good actually

Dr. rear end posted:

nth great match until that finish No problem with this being HM

Takuan
May 6, 2007

HM: KUSHIDA vs ACH RoH Conquest Tour 3/12/16

I thought it was the best match on the show. A PPV quality match on a glorified house show.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

HM: Katsuyori Shibata vs Satoshi Kojima, NJPW 3/19

Early work is smart and leads to a molten hot finish.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC - Aztec Warfare II, Lucha Underground, 3/23

MOTYC - Fenix vs. Mil Muertas, Lucha Underground, 3/16

MOTYC - Prince Puma vs. Pentagon Jr vs. Mil Muertas, Lucha Underground, 3/9

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
MOTYC: Máscara Dorada vs. Bárbaro Cavernario, CMLL 3/28

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

2nd

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
HM: Kento Miyahara vs. Naoya Nomura, AJPW 3/12

sub-10 minute MOTY maybe

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

3rd

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

4th

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Ricochet vs. TJ Perkins, Evolve 58, 4/1/16

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I'll 2nd that

sportsgenius86 posted:

HM: Ricochet vs. TJ Perkins, Evolve 58, 4/1/16

I'll 2nd

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005