Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Stallion Cabana posted:

It doesn't seem like the Ganma took the Eyecons. Or rather, they did, but not for THEIR desires.

They took them for the Minister, who had them all gathered around the thing that became the new Eyecon Driver. So it seems like he was actively trying to create the Eyecon Driver G with the Eyecons. I'm not sure what the Sage's plan is anymore, because on one side why not just give Takeru the Eyecon Driver then, but on the other when Takeru started losing faith in himself he got angry at him, but that could also have been because Takeru having faith in himself- or reaffirming that faith- led to all of the Heroic Eyecons going to help him. So even us with information that Takeru doesn't have still don't really know what the hell the Sage is after, which makes sense why he'd be so fed up with the Sage and Yurusen being so mysterious. I'd be pretty tired of being treated like a pawn too, when coupled with the realization that even after beating Javert twice he just came back even stronger to the point that even the guy that Takeru could not beat and Makoto couldn't even scratch him together, I'd probably say 'gently caress this poo poo' too.

Im thinking that the sage's plan has something to do with yurusen and those weird floating plate things . also holy poo poo the eyecon driver G sounds great that music was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I still hate the Fourze driver. It's just so HUGE.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Darth TNT posted:

Huge and empty. That said, flipping those switches looks really satisfying.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I really wish they'd stop with the crossover movies. Like, a movie about old man Hongo who has been fighting some version or another of shocker for decades? That is an awesome premise. But no, they gotta shove ghost in there for some reason.

Barnes And Body Works
Mar 2, 2016

:shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom::shroom:
:chillout:

Darth TNT posted:

It's pretty tiny in my opinion! I am 6'3 though so I tower over every small Japanese person. Personally I really dig it for the switches and that all the sounds are included in the driver rather than in the gimmick items, while I still really /really/ want the genesis driver and a lot of poo poo from gaim, fourze driver is enough to make me happy because I can press all the little buttons with toothpicks to make all the noises!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

I really wish they'd stop with the crossover movies. Like, a movie about old man Hongo who has been fighting some version or another of shocker for decades? That is an awesome premise. But no, they gotta shove ghost in there for some reason.

The Zyuohgers will probably get shoved in there too if the past two movies and the upcoming crossover (which will apparently be done as two seperate episodes this time around judging by the previews) are any indication.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Serious Frolicking posted:

The reason being that a Kamen Rider 1 movie without anyone else would appeal to a really old demographic that might not even go to the cinema to watch it because they're old. It's only logical to add the currently running series so, you know, they get an actual audience (children, and manchildren) to watch the movie, and therefore make money. Then they buy the newest SH FIGUARTS KAMEN RIDER 1 POWER UP or whatever, and therefore, more money is made, leading to eventually all the money being made forever.

Or something, I think that's how Toei works.

Also the focus will still likely be on Hongo so I don't mind Takeru and Makoto helping. And we get a nice old gen/new gen team-up without a gigantic bloat of characters like the Movie Wars, so I don't mind it at all. They won't appear in Amazons...probably.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The worst part about Super Sentai crossing over into Rider movies is that Kamen Rider already had a guy to fight giant monsters, J. But since the Sentai team needs to show off their cool robot it always leads to J getting his rear end kicked so that the Sentai team can come in and save the day, and that kinda pisses me off.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

The worst part about Super Sentai crossing over into Rider movies is that Kamen Rider already had a guy to fight giant monsters, J. But since the Sentai team needs to show off their cool robot it always leads to J getting his rear end kicked so that the Sentai team can come in and save the day, and that kinda pisses me off.

It would be nice to see some of the movie Riders get a bit more focus one day (particularly Shin, who just kind of shows up now and is occasionally seen fighting something. Poor guy hasn't even gotten a line of dialogue since his movie).

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Larryb posted:

It would be nice to see some of the movie Riders get a bit more focus one day (particularly Shin, who just kind of shows up now and is occasionally seen fighting something. Poor guy hasn't even gotten a line of dialogue since his movie).

Shin just wants to be beloved by children, is that too much to ask? :P Shin is one of my favorite Rider movies for all the wrong reasons - the gloriously incomprehensible speech from the one crazy scientist about how grasshoppers are a true nation of telepathic warriors who will one day overthrow God never fails to make me laugh.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

gourdcaptain posted:

Shin just wants to be beloved by children, is that too much to ask? :P Shin is one of my favorite Rider movies for all the wrong reasons - the gloriously incomprehensible speech from the one crazy scientist about how grasshoppers are a true nation of telepathic warriors who will one day overthrow God never fails to make me laugh.

I think I need to see Shin. :stare:

John McClane
Nov 14, 2011
J's hand pose is one of my favorite poses.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

gourdcaptain posted:

I think I've watched Shin maybe four times and I still don't know if I get what the gently caress is going on in that movie at all.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I've watched Shin and I barely remember it, I just remember liking it even if it wasn't what you would call good.

ZO was a pretty decent movie though, but that guy gets almost no mention either anymore, but the villain from his movie (Neo Organism/Doras) was the main villain in the Decade/W Movie Wars which was cool.

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Scratchman Apoo posted:

I think I've watched Shin maybe four times and I still don't know if I get what the gently caress is going on in that movie at all.

Look, there's the Organization (which organization, you may ask? It's not important) who wants to do... things involving Shin, and then there's the psychic half-grasshopper baby that's somehow got immense powers and is already self aware and able to survive without the mother despite it being less than a week after it's conceived and there's also cyborgs and well, uh...

Shin is like if you got a bunch of Silver Age comic book writers and told them to write a gritty 80's/90's style gorefest OVA.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There's gonna be a short anime about Ultraman kaiju as cute girls this fall.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
That might be the single most :japan: sentence ever put to words.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So the exact same as that mazinger thing from a couple seasons back?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress everything gently caress Everything gently caress EVERYTHING

God drat It To Hell

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Robot Girls turned out at least better than people expected, so maybe this one will too? I dunno.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Burkion posted:

God drat It To Hell

I know, right? Finally something good to come from that ip.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I've finally found my first ultraman series!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Burkion posted:

God drat It To Hell

lol

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

Robot Girls turned out at least better than people expected, so maybe this one will too? I dunno.

The first season, maybe. The second one was just terrible.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You guys don't know why I reacted like that.

It's because I've been aware of this awful sub branding for about a year now thanks to my two goon friends I watch poo poo with. They've made sure to keep me informed of every new one they find.

So there is absolutely no way we aren't watching an episode of this.

God drat It. Why Japan, why is this the anime you make of Ultraman now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxLK9aZXq94

it does not help that I can name who each of the girls are based on God drat It.

Well except for one. The one with the stubby horns and wings. I think that's Dorako but she doesn't have hand hooks so I'm not sure. All of the girls are either based on UltraSeven or Ultraman original monsters, so I'm GUESSING she's Dorako as he's the only one that shares her color scheme and has wings.

Burkion fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 26, 2016

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Where the gently caress is Baltan??

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Light Gun Man posted:

Where the gently caress is Baltan??

That's an excellent question.

Dude's done gently caress all since Max despite being one of THE most iconic aliens in the entire franchise and a fan favorite.

Agira has gotten more screen time than him in the last decade, and Agira isn't even one of the GOOD capsule monsters!

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, scans of Spectre's next formhave started showing up.

Using the Deep Spectre Eyecon - an Eyecon with terrible power - given to him by Edith, Makoto transforms into Kamen Rider Deep Spectre. Armed with the Deep Slasher, Deep Spectre’s version of the Sunglasslasher, Makoto decides to test out his new strength. To do this, Kamen Rider Deep Spectre fights against a new enemy: Ganmaizer Fire.
The angry eyecon looks so cute :3:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Not digging that suit but yeah the eyecon is :3:

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Pyroi posted:

dat spoiler

Yo-kai Watch 4 is lookin good.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

I actually like this alot. Especially the antler horn things. Those are cool, and him getting his own Sunglasslasher is interesting. I'm gonna keep this spoilered but I'm still wondering if Alain is getting a new form.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Pyroi posted:

So, scans of Spectre's next formhave started showing up.

Using the Deep Spectre Eyecon - an Eyecon with terrible power - given to him by Edith, Makoto transforms into Kamen Rider Deep Spectre. Armed with the Deep Slasher, Deep Spectre’s version of the Sunglasslasher, Makoto decides to test out his new strength. To do this, Kamen Rider Deep Spectre fights against a new enemy: Ganmaizer Fire.
The angry eyecon looks so cute :3:

That looks neat and I'm happy that they're throwing the second rider another bone to keep him relevant a little longer.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
they always do that..or did they not with drive?

LightningKimba
Nov 5, 2010

Unleashing my best...

LUMINARY UPPERCUT!!

Drive was weird with Mach, where his powered up form is Deadheat, in spite of it being a form that both Drive and Mach share.

It's one of those things where, by the end of the day, it might've been a better idea for only Mach having Deadheat, and Drive having Formula for his mid season powerup.

EDIT: Pah, I was thinking mid when the topic was about final power ups. I'm bad at reading.

LightningKimba fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Mar 30, 2016

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Elfgames posted:

they always do that..or did they not with drive?

They kind of did...in the second to last episode, out of nowhere, and with nothing but a recycled suit combining Mach's basic form and Chase. Before that, he only had Deadheat, a form Shinnosuke surpassed twice.

Still a better deal than Kaixa or Birth got.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, while Gou was a really cool character and Rider, it was truly odd how he never had an upgrade until the series ending. Gou had a long stretch of episodes where he felt useless compared to Shinnosuke's escalating power level too. They even had a "hey Rina, can you make me an upgrade?" episode that was quickly walked back. Maybe that was executive toy line meddling over at Bandai.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Killer Queen posted:

Yeah, while Gou was a really cool character and Rider, it was truly odd how he never had an upgrade until the series ending. Gou had a long stretch of episodes where he felt useless compared to Shinnosuke's escalating power level too. They even had a "hey Rina, can you make me an upgrade?" episode that was quickly walked back. Maybe that was executive toy line meddling over at Bandai.

On the other hand, he had like the most shounen possible upgrade, where he formed unbreakable super armor from the memory of his dead friend. I think it evens out.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Gou could use dead heat without overheating, which Shinnosuke never could. Granted, Shinnosuke never really needed to but for a while that super freeze thing was a problem and dead heat was the only counter they had.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

deadly_pudding posted:

On the other hand, he had like the most shounen possible upgrade, where he formed unbreakable super armor from the memory of his dead friend. I think it evens out.

Well, yeah. Dude killing his shithead mad scientist dad with the memories of his dead buddy 4eva was pretty awesome. I can forgive it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Man that Ghost cameo in Zyuohger was basically completely pointless. It was also apparently written by someone who's never seen Ghost, because Takeru didn't go straight to Toukon Boost. :v:

• Locked thread