Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
http://www.vice.com/en_us/read/meet-the-15-year-old-from-melbourne-helping-donald-trump-take-over-the-world?utm_source=vicefbus

lmao

quote:

Ed says that most people at school respect his ideas, and when they don't he walks away. Either that or he tries to engage them in conversation, "and tell them a bit more about Trump." As for partying or drinking from his parents' liquor cabinet, Ed's says he's just not interested. "A big night for me is spent trading gold stocks on the internet and managing my sites, " he said. "I'd rather set myself up now and enjoy life later." As for dating, Ed said it just isn't a priority.

A few months back, 15-year-old Edward Bourke was at home in Australia, watching TV, when a news segment started about the US presidential race. "I'd always respected Donald Trump's business achievements," says Ed. "But they were running a clip that made him look like a racist, so I did some research and realized the clip had been misleadingly edited."

Ed explained that Trump had been talking about immigration, but the part that best qualified his opinions had been cut out. It was a lightbulb moment. Edward realized Australia was getting only half the Donald Trump story, while no one was properly explaining the candidate's policies. He believed it was a situation that needed changing, and it was up to him to change it.

The photos really make this.

He's going to save a lot of money on air travel when he learns how to utilize his ears to sustained flight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

right on, op. this was a really good try at a thread. if you keep at it you will make a good one eventually

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

He's all ears and suit.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Parallax Scroll posted:

right on, op. this was a really good try at a thread. if you keep at it you will make a good one eventually

thank you for beliebing in me :)

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
My cable system replaced the H2 channel with this Viceland poo poo.
Probably some of the worst TV I've ever seen. Spectacularly bad.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

lol yeah the reason kid is not getting laid is totally because "dating isn't a priority for him"

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
lol you cant make that poo poo up

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
im the guy laying on the couch

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
Action Bronson's vice show gently caress That's Delicious is good well see ya

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

This guy reminds me of a goblin.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Profondo Rosso posted:

lol yeah the reason kid is not getting laid is totally because "dating isn't a priority for him"

What 15 year old is dating in any meaningful fashion

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I think Vice has a decent article every now and then, IIRC. Of course, I don't view my web-based media with the same critical eye as your average goon

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Voluntarily celibate, huh?

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
He looks like a person that would support Donald Trump

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
trading gold stocks on the internet sounds cool, how do I do that

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

DON'T

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

He looks like a person that would support THIS DICK

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
He looks like the guy who always wanted to buy my adderall when I was a kid.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

He looks like the kid that used to get fingered by teammates in wrestling

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

What 15 year old is dating in any meaningful fashion

what 15 year old dorky boy is "actively deciding" not to get laid

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Cantaloupe posted:

trading gold stocks on the internet sounds cool, how do I do that

Send money to me, I'll do it for you.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

How often do you trade gold stocks to even have any sort of return at 15 years old

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
I wonder if his dad knows he borrowed his suit.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Germstore posted:

I wonder if his dad knows he borrowed his suit.

Oh, he knows

quote:

While Ed talked, his dad, Mick, sat to one side and munched on a serve of spring rolls. He didn't interrupt or try to clarify anything, instead he just listened, somewhere between proud and amused. "Ed's always had his interests and his opinions," said Mick, smiling. "Sometimes he can be a real pain in the arse."

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
That suit fits him very well and he also looks really gross

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

How often do you trade gold stocks to even have any sort of return at 15 years old

Every night, in between managing your sites and figuring out ways to show the people who Trump really is.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I had an image in my head of a 15 year-old Australian trump supporter and yep, that's the one

flame on you beautiful stereotype

I can't wait until he gets to college and swings hard in the opposite direction.

Kasumeat
Nov 18, 2004

I SHOULD GO AND GET FUCKED
That article and hilarious and Vice owns for documenting it.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Champenema posted:

My cable system replaced the H2 channel with this Viceland poo poo.
Probably some of the worst TV I've ever seen. Spectacularly bad.

Yeah. I watched some stuff on North Korean lumber camps in Russia that was okay but everything else has been awful.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
An Australian supporting a racist? Why... I am lot a loss for words!

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I like the occasional VICE expose when they go to some poo poo-hole country. Otherwise it's all Brooklyn millennial garbage. That being said I almost threw up in front of the VICE Williamsburg office (started dry heaving but man that would've been sweet to puke all over their front door).

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

lol he says trading gold stocks but he is probably doing that karatbars nonsense which is pretty much a gold pyramid scheme

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The Onion is right on the money with their EDGE series:
http://www.onionstudios.com/videos/...eally-cool-3130

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

TheNightmanCum-eth posted:

I like the occasional VICE expose when they go to some poo poo-hole country. Otherwise it's all Brooklyn millennial garbage. That being said I almost threw up in front of the VICE Williamsburg office (started dry heaving but man that would've been sweet to puke all over their front door).

i stopped watching vice forever when they did a "documentary" on this japanese guy who lives alone on an island it turned out he was just a loving bum that got money from his mother every month. gently caress you vice

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

gently caress the ROW posted:

i stopped watching vice forever when they did a "documentary" on this japanese guy who lives alone on an island it turned out he was just a loving bum that got money from his mother every month. gently caress you vice

I mean it's an apt description of the typical VICE fan too except the island is just Brooklyn

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

And here I was looking for a case study of Fragile X induced autism. Thanks!

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

I mean it's an apt description of the typical VICE fan too except the island is just Brooklyn

and he knocks it out of the park!

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

"IM A FUCKBOY"

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

I like the occasional VICE expose when they go to some poo poo-hole country.

See, this is what I thought Vice was until it apparently became some kind of Millennial feel-a-zine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
FUN FACT: Most of Vice's Comscore traffic comes from clickbait sewage sites that lack the "Vice" brand

http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/vice-media-traffic-plummets-underscoring-risky-web-strategy-1201733673/

quote:

But the strategy apparently backfired last month when the biggest booster of Vice Media’s traffic, Distractify.com, suddenly experienced a meltdown after months of fairly consistent growth. Distractify went into free fall in February vs. the prior month, dropping a whopping 68%, from 15.7 million to just under 5 million.

Distractify’s audience is built on the notoriously volatile traffic that comes from counting on clickbait content like “13 Irish Heartthrobs to Satisfy All Your St. Paddy’s Day Needs”

• Locked thread